PDA

View Full Version : If You Lose it; He Will Run

CosmicPal
10-16-2006, 11:00 AM
:hmmm:

How many games will it be until Larry Johnson starts asking for a trade?

I have a gut feeling, it won't be long before we start hearing the little trade rumblings everywhere.

el borracho
10-16-2006, 11:04 AM
Never happen. Carl won't allow it.

CosmicPal
10-16-2006, 11:14 AM
Never happen. Carl won't allow it.

I'm saying Larry will be ASKING for a trade. I didn't say the trade itself would actually take place.

GoHuge
10-16-2006, 11:20 AM
I'm saying Larry will be ASKING for a trade. I didn't say the trade itself would actually take place.Either way your wrong and it won't happen.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-16-2006, 11:23 AM
I don't see LJ as dumb. After crying about no playing time in the past & lack of getting it done this year as full time starter, that would be dumb

Demonpenz
10-16-2006, 11:30 AM
He won't do it. He will gladdly carry the rock 29 times a game for an 8-8 team in a city with little chance of additional endorsements

sedated
10-16-2006, 11:34 AM
I'll give it until the offeseason.

His agent will demand he gets traded to the Jets

Hammock Parties
10-16-2006, 11:41 AM
Asking for a trade? The trade deadline is TOMORROW.

Simplex3
10-16-2006, 12:52 PM
Asking for a trade? The trade deadline is TOMORROW.
I don't think he asks for a trade until the season is over.

I *DO* think he's going to quit, though. I think he's going to show up on Sunday, do what he can to keep his stats up without getting hurt, and then wait until the off-season to try and score a contract somewhere else.

Fire Me Boy!
10-16-2006, 12:55 PM
I don't think so. I heard him say on the radio some time ago (before he was named starter) that he didn't WANT to go somewhere else. He's bought a house here, he wants to be here... at the time, he just wanted to run the ball.

I think he likes his teammates, he likes Herm Edwards, he likes Mike Solari, and he LOVES Carl Peterson.

Mecca
10-16-2006, 12:57 PM
I don't think he likes running 15 times for 25 yards because the defense is in the backfield in half a second though.......

picasso
10-16-2006, 01:00 PM
If he would stop tip toeing and start hitting the gap on a 3rd and 2 with a little more authority I'll be on the trade his ass wagon. You can't blame all of that on the line.

Brock
10-16-2006, 01:03 PM
Larry's a big baby. It wouldn't surprise me a bit. On the other hand, there won't be many coaches who are going to want to hold his hand every time things get tough.

L.A. Chieffan
10-16-2006, 01:06 PM
He needs to take the diapers off. F em

jspchief
10-16-2006, 01:06 PM
Larry's a big baby. It wouldn't surprise me a bit. On the other hand, there won't be many coaches who are going to want to hold his hand every time things get tough.If there's ever a sure thing in the NFL, it's that a team will willing to look past personality issues.

As far as I'm concerned, if he's going to ask for a trade eveytime things get tough, we might as well do it and get something while we can.

ck_IN
10-16-2006, 01:08 PM
I've been saying for some time that King Pink isn't long for KC. He is smart though. He'll wait till the offseason or until his rookie contract is up. I don't know off the top of my head when that is.

At any rate, I doubt that LJ will be here a minute longer then he has to be. He wants a bigger city so he can max his endorsements.

Mecca
10-16-2006, 01:11 PM
If he would stop tip toeing and start hitting the gap on a 3rd and 2 with a little more authority I'll be on the trade his ass wagon. You can't blame all of that on the line.

Larry Johnson needs a line to be good...he isn't quick enough to dodge a guy who gets on top of him as soon as he gets the ball he's not Tomlinson esq where he can make something out of nothing. He's just to big to be that agile so if the line isn't blocking well and guys are in the backfield right away he's going to look like shit.

Brock
10-16-2006, 02:08 PM
I've been saying for some time that King Pink isn't long for KC. He is smart though. He'll wait till the offseason or until his rookie contract is up. I don't know off the top of my head when that is.

At any rate, I doubt that LJ will be here a minute longer then he has to be. He wants a bigger city so he can max his endorsements.

I have no idea what King Pink means, but he's signed through 2009.

ck_IN
10-16-2006, 02:16 PM
Really Brock? He's signed for another 3 seasons? According to nfl.com this is his 4th season. That would mean his rookie contract was 7 years. For some reason I was thinking he had a 5yr deal.

Whatever the detail I still don't look for LJ to be here any longer then he has to. He wants a major city to play in and reap endorsements from and burnish his street cred in.

Brock
10-16-2006, 02:19 PM
http://nflpa.org/Resources/ActivePlayerSearch.aspx?id=34464

ck_IN
10-16-2006, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the link Brock. That could be usefull.

By the way I wasn't doubting you, I was just surprised.

tk13
10-16-2006, 02:26 PM
No he signed a 7 year deal, I'm pretty sure. Although generally you wouldn't think he'd play out an entire rookie contract. You'd think he'd want a new contract eventually.

picasso
10-16-2006, 02:26 PM
Larry Johnson needs a line to be good...he isn't quick enough to dodge a guy who gets on top of him as soon as he gets the ball he's not Tomlinson esq where he can make something out of nothing. He's just to big to be that agile so if the line isn't blocking well and guys are in the backfield right away he's going to look like shit.

I realize that he needs a line to be good. But I also realize that last year when he was rolling he ran carrying guys on his shoulders. And I have seen him at times in the last few games turn it up a notch but his motor is not running at full speed all the time like last year and I think a lot of it is Edwards telling him he needs to pace himself for the long haul. Still if you have a 3rd and 2, as big as he is he needs to hit the gap with more authority by running up the ass crack of the guy in front of him.

picasso
10-16-2006, 02:28 PM
No he signed a 7 year deal, I'm pretty sure. Although generally you wouldn't think he'd play out an entire rookie contract. You'd think he'd want a new contract eventually.

He won't get it running 30 yards a game.

tk13
10-16-2006, 02:34 PM
LJ's just not breaking tackles as often. I don't know why. Last year we had line problems and he still ran through people. He's not doing that now.

To be honest, he looks a lot like Priest did last year. We had a lot of discussions about it, but I still don't think Priest really lost a step last year, the blocking just got worse. Now LJ is having the same problems. There were a couple leg/arm tackles yesterday he would've run right through last year. I don't know if he's not angry or the wear and tear is getting to him a bit or what.

Crashride
10-16-2006, 02:36 PM
He wont want a trade. Hes got what he wants here