PDA

View Full Version : ESPN gives the Chiefs some attention.

Chiefnj
10-17-2006, 01:59 PM
TMQ:

Sweet Play of the Week: Pittsburgh leading 7-0, the Steelers had a first-and-10 on the Chiefs' 47. Pittsburgh ran a sweet-looking play in which Ben Roethlisberger faked the hitch pass right, then faked a handoff up the middle, then threw deep to the unguarded Nate Washington on the skinny post -- touchdown, and the walkover was on. Not only did Kansas City defensive back Greg Wesley let Washington go deep, not even attempting to cover him; not only was Wesley making the high school mistake of "looking into the backfield" trying to guess the play rather than guarding his man; check the tape of what happened once Wesley turned and realized Washington was behind him. Wesley merely stood there and watched the touchdown, jogging a little in the general direction after it was too late. This is the sort of defensive esprit de corps that would later in the game result in Kansas City taking over the mantle of TMQ's Single Worst Play of the Season So Far (see below).

Single Worst Play of the Season So Far: Relax, San Francisco, previous holder of this distinction: It is now held by Kansas City. Leading 21-0 in the first half, Pittsburgh had second-and-6 on the Chiefs' 13. The Steelers lined up with a tight end, fullback and receiver Hines Ward bunched tight right. At the snap, the tight end ran an out into the flat, the fullback ran an "arrow" route into the flat behind the tight end, and Ward ran straight up the field and turned around. Kansas City's defense did not react in any way to Ward, simply leaving alone the opponent's most dangerous weapon: Touchdown. Rookie safety Jarrad Page made the wrong decision, double-teaming another Steeler, while the boastful Ty Law, the corner on that side, stood like a topiary covering no one at all. Middle linebacker Kawika Mitchell also was near Ward and decided his time was best spent covering no one. Three guys available and none of them reacted to the opposition's best threat: The Single Worst Play of the Season So Far.

TrickyNicky
10-17-2006, 02:00 PM
Oh don't worry, this will be the stock footage anytime they talk about Pittsburgh for the rest of the year.

Cormac
10-17-2006, 02:01 PM
Awesome!

:shake:

FAX
10-17-2006, 02:01 PM
God.

FAX

ChiefsfaninPA
10-17-2006, 02:04 PM
I mentioned this exact play in one of the "lets bench Wesley" threads. It is pathetic. I hope Herm benches him for this reason alone.

Dark Horse
Dammit Carl! If we had only picked up T.O. no one would be talking about what the rest of the team was doing. :banghead:

BigChiefFan
They should. 45-7 deserves critisism. 35 plus years without even coming close to sniffing a Super Bowl and some wonder why they use us as an example. We are the CARDS, just without the NEW stadium.

DJJasonp
10-17-2006, 02:05 PM
I can hear the spin coming from one arrowhead drive....

"These are all fixable errors.....If we didnt have the talent...I'd be worried....but these are fixable errors"

We've been hearing this crap for 6 years now...

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-17-2006, 02:05 PM
Maybe Michael Bennett could get in a fight with Hicks and they could trade Girly punches next. That would make sportscenter too. AKA Royals.

Rain Man
10-17-2006, 02:07 PM
The media is so biased it's not funny. They only show the highlights from the team that won 45-7, as opposed to the team that lost 45-7.

InChiefsHeaven
10-17-2006, 02:09 PM
Oh man...that really pounds it home...this is just damn depressing.

Rain Man
10-17-2006, 02:10 PM
The Single Best Play of the Season has to be Jared Allen running down Najeh Davenport to save a touchdown. Jared Allen may be my favorite Chief right now as a result of that play.

ChiefsfaninPA
10-17-2006, 02:11 PM
The media is so biased it's not funny. They only show the highlights from the team that won 45-7, as opposed to the team that lost 45-7.

ROFL :hmmm: ROFL

Dark Horse
10-17-2006, 02:18 PM
The Single Best Play of the Season has to be Jared Allen running down Najeh Davenport to save a touchdown. Jared Allen may be my favorite Chief right now as a result of that play.

On the flip side maybe it's time for Davenport to let the dream die.

HemiEd
10-17-2006, 02:28 PM
They were just talking about the 49ers on Sirius. They mentioned that two teams, San Diego and Philly have really beat up on the 9ers. Other than that, they have played and done pretty good. :mad:

tk13
10-17-2006, 02:33 PM
The sad part is, that was the featured 4pm TV game. Not everybody saw it but a good portion of the country... so just like the Tiki Barber game last year, that's what people will remember us for. Despite the fact this defense has gotten better for the most part, our big eggs have all come in "national" games... Philly and NYG games last year, and the Pittsburgh game this year.

Reerun_KC
10-17-2006, 02:35 PM
Dudes, face it we suck, People including the NFL Execs, Fans and media are tired of Carl Peterson... Until we clean house of this Tool bag and his sorry staff, including Herm. We will always be the brunt of the jokes of the NFL, Media and anything else you can think of.

His act is tiring and has completely wore out.

Is sucks to be a Chiefs fan, but hey its better than a Raider fan.

L.A. Chieffan
10-17-2006, 02:40 PM
I still can't believe that play. I was watching it live and I was screaming at the TV. How the hell does one of your DL bring down the running back 30 yards downfield?
I think Allen was the only guy on the team that showed up.

shaneo69
10-17-2006, 03:31 PM
TMQ:

Sweet Play of the Week: Pittsburgh leading 7-0, the Steelers had a first-and-10 on the Chiefs' 47. Pittsburgh ran a sweet-looking play in which Ben Roethlisberger faked the hitch pass right, then faked a handoff up the middle, then threw deep to the unguarded Nate Washington on the skinny post -- touchdown, and the walkover was on. Not only did Kansas City defensive back Greg Wesley let Washington go deep, not even attempting to cover him; not only was Wesley making the high school mistake of "looking into the backfield" trying to guess the play rather than guarding his man; check the tape of what happened once Wesley turned and realized Washington was behind him. Wesley merely stood there and watched the touchdown, jogging a little in the general direction after it was too late. This is the sort of defensive esprit de corps that would later in the game result in Kansas City taking over the mantle of TMQ's Single Worst Play of the Season So Far (see below).

As evidenced by today's firings, most teams would not put up with the slack-ass performance that Wesley displayed, but in KC, he's allowed to stay and keep a starting job for 7 years.

CosmicPal
10-17-2006, 05:09 PM
Is sucks to be a Chiefs fan, but hey its better than a Raider fan.

Or a Browns fan.

Or a Texans fan.

Or a Cardinals fan.

Or a Titans fan.

Or a Jets fan.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2006, 05:18 PM
The sad part is, that was the featured 4pm TV game. Not everybody saw it but a good portion of the country... so just like the Tiki Barber game last year, that's what people will remember us for. Despite the fact this defense has gotten better for the most part, our big eggs have all come in "national" games... Philly and NYG games last year, and the Pittsburgh game this year.

We'll just have to make the rest of the league forget it!

Skip Towne
10-17-2006, 05:20 PM
I couldn't believe what I was seeing on that play. I wonder what Jared's 40 time is? I know he has speed, He continually makes tackles on the other side of the field.

Chief Faithful
10-17-2006, 05:37 PM
TMQ:

Wesley merely stood there and watched the touchdown, jogging a little in the general direction after it was too late. This is the sort of defensive esprit de corps that would later in the game result in Kansas City taking over the mantle of TMQ's Single Worst Play of the Season So Far.

Wesley is getting way to familiar and comfortable with that play. :shake:

Baby Lee
10-17-2006, 05:50 PM
I couldn't believe what I was seeing on that play. I wonder what Jared's 40 time is? I know he has speed, He continually makes tackles on the other side of the field.
Remember though, Davenport was distracted looking for a closet to poop in on that run.

TinyEvel
10-17-2006, 05:54 PM
Sunday's game is what happens when you combine our last years' defense withthis years' offense.

Sully
10-17-2006, 06:08 PM
Oh don't worry, this will be the stock footage anytime they talk about Pittsburgh for the rest of the year.

I can see the NFL Channel highlight commercial for the next 365 in my head.

Sully
10-17-2006, 06:09 PM
Remember though, Davenport was distracted looking for a closet to poop in on that run.

I can't believe you would joke about that shit.

headsnap
10-17-2006, 07:45 PM
I can't believe you would joke about that shit.
I can't believe someone would not joke about that shit!

cdcox
10-17-2006, 07:52 PM
Davenport isn't exactly speedy. It's not so amazing that Allen ran him down as it was sad that no other Chief was giving chase.

Jack
10-17-2006, 08:09 PM
Someone rename this thread. . .

"Abandon ship!. . .jump off the bandwagon quick before we are accused of being Chief fans. . .where's that damn paper sack?"

Oh thee of little faith. One game where they stink up the place and it's all over. If you can't stand a bloody nose, go home and crawl under your bed. You will feel safe there.

Rain Man
10-17-2006, 08:11 PM
Someone rename this thread. . .

"Abandon ship!. . .jump off the bandwagon quick before we are accused of being Chief fans. . .where's that damn paper sack?"

Oh thee of little faith. One game where they stink up the place and it's all over. If you can't stand a bloody nose, go home and crawl under your bed. You will feel safe there.

When I crawl under the bed, my cats attack me.

Jack
10-17-2006, 08:14 PM
When I crawl under the bed, my cats attack me.

Heh heh. . .good chuckle from that. At least isn't some flipper johnlike troll!

Simply Red
10-17-2006, 08:18 PM

Nice you point that out. I totally forgot about that since the whippin. But that is true. What other end could've pulled that off? What hustle...

blueballs
10-17-2006, 08:37 PM
"Big Ben were you hurt earlier in the season and are just now getting healthy"

"No
we just played some good teams"