PDA

View Full Version : CJ Giles suspended from KU

SCTrojan
10-17-2006, 07:17 PM
Didn't see a thread in the first few pages. The story doesn't say for how long or for what reason.

I think CJ gives them athleticism that Sasha Kaun doesn't have - he's active, rebounds and block shots - but he's been too foul prone his first two years.

C.J. Giles’ future with the Kansas basketball team is uncertain following disciplinary action imposed by head coach Bill Self.

The Kansas City Star learned Tuesday afternoon that Giles has been prohibited from practicing with the Jayhawks because of an off-court issue. KU coach Bill Self declined to give specifics about Giles’ situation, although it’s not believed to involve legal trouble.

“He’s not with us right now,” Self told The Star. “He’s tending to some personal issues that must be resolved. If and when he resolves those issues, he and I will discuss his future with the program.”

The 6-foot-10 Giles averaged 6.2 points and 4.8 rebounds as a sophomore in 2005-06, when he started 13 games.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/15782158.htm

ChiefaRoo
10-17-2006, 07:33 PM
KU basketball has become a renegade program and has lost its way. Oh where have you gone Kirk Heinrich? Bunch of fooking punks getting stabbed in parking lots, kicked off the team or going home to mommy because of minutes.

noa
10-17-2006, 07:43 PM
I heard he was hanging out with the Duke lacrosse team.

WilliamTheIrish
10-17-2006, 07:45 PM
It's Huggins' fault.

Skip Towne
10-17-2006, 07:57 PM
KU basketball has become a renegade program and has lost its way. Oh where have you gone Kirk Heinrich? Bunch of fooking punks getting stabbed in parking lots, kicked off the team or going home to mommy because of minutes.
You'll think renegade when we stomp the shit out of everyone in our way this season. I plan on being particularly obnoxious this year. You chumps might as well send us the Big XII trophy right now to save your blood being spilled.

teedubya
10-17-2006, 08:00 PM
I plan on being particularly obnoxious this year.

right on bro. Id plan on being more obnoxious, but I don't think that is at all possible.

:KU: :KU: :bang: :mizzou: :bang: :ksu:

Saulbadguy
10-17-2006, 08:00 PM
Easy way to open up a scholarship since the NCAA took one away.

Saulbadguy
10-17-2006, 08:01 PM
You chumps might as well send us the Big XII trophy right now to save your blood being spilled.
He is a WSU fan.

teedubya
10-17-2006, 08:04 PM
He is a WSU fan.

which team are you a fan of this year?

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
10-17-2006, 08:04 PM
Ehh, I like Giles and think he has potential out of this world. I question his work ethic. I think Darrell Arthur must be showing him up in practice. Maybe another Padgett?

FloridaMan88
10-17-2006, 08:05 PM
I thought only Miami had "problem" athletes

Saulbadguy
10-17-2006, 08:05 PM
which team are you a fan of this year?
George Mason. They own WSU, hardcore.

DJJasonp
10-17-2006, 08:06 PM
Wonder if this has anything to do with the Giddens parking lot issue?

Either way....I could play as KU's sixth man and first off the bench this season....and we'd still win the Big 12 title.

Skip Towne
10-17-2006, 08:07 PM
He is a WSU fan.
Well shit. I don't think we play any Division 2 teams this year so he might escape our wrath.

Skip Towne
10-17-2006, 08:09 PM
Wonder if this has anything to do with the Giddens parking lot issue?

Either way....I could play as KU's sixth man and first off the bench this season....and we'd still win the Big 12 title.
Hell, our second team would get second place.

Saulbadguy
10-17-2006, 08:09 PM
Miami is a disgusting and shitty football program, and I don't even care about the shit that happens OFF the field.

What kind of program condones..no..encourages for the team to jump on the logo of the opposing school BEFORE the game? I also love the "suspensions" handed down by the Miami AD. FIU kicked players off the team.

Add that to the fact that hardly anyone gives a shit about Miami football INSIDE the city of Miami (unfortunately there are alot of dumbass fans outside the city), a pro-style stadium and atmosphere (nothing college about Miami football), and Lamar Thomas (haha), really, **** Miami.

teedubya
10-17-2006, 08:14 PM

heh. nice answer. Sure there's not a bit of Crimson and Blue left in your blood?

Saulbadguy
10-17-2006, 08:16 PM
heh. nice answer. Sure there's not a bit of Crimson and Blue left in your blood?
I love KU! Go "Baby Jays!"

Hammock Parties
10-17-2006, 08:17 PM

KU actually does stuff about it, like kicking them off the team or suspending them.

Skip Towne
10-17-2006, 08:18 PM
I think Saul has a valve he can adjust to alter the color of his blood from week to week.

Saulbadguy
10-17-2006, 08:19 PM
I think Saul has a valve he can adjust to alter the color of his blood from week to week.
Michael Beasley.

DJJasonp
10-17-2006, 08:19 PM
Saulbad...I have to admit...being a rabid KU fan....I'm a bit concerened with all the bs that's been going on at KU lately.....the sad thing is...people made such a big deal about Roy's boys...and how Roy was a saint....but he was probably as guilty as any NCAA coach....so its pointless to say "I yearn for the Roy days when we ran a spotless program." But I'm afraid we've been straddling this line lately where we could go one way or the other....maybe the NCAA's judgment send us down a path more ethical....or the next thing you know, Bill Self is photographed tapping a keg at a sorority party at Iowa State (while the rest of the team is on a plane back to Lawrence)....

Either way...the NCAA needs to rethink many of its rules....so they can at least keep the illegal activity under control (because it happens everywhere)...and on top of that....it only makes sense financially as more and more players leave after 1 or 2 years....(and the TV product suffers????).

just a thought or two.

Saulbadguy
10-17-2006, 08:21 PM
Saulbad...I have to admit...being a rabid KU fan....I'm a bit concerened with all the bs that's been going on at KU lately.....the sad thing is...people made such a big deal about Roy's boys...and how Roy was a saint....but he was probably as guilty as any NCAA coach....so its pointless to say "I yearn for the Roy days when we ran a spotless program." But I'm afraid we've been straddling this line lately where we could go one way or the other....maybe the NCAA's judgment send us down a path more ethical....or the next thing you know, Bill Self is photographed tapping a keg at a sorority party at Iowa State (while the rest of the team is on a plane back to Lawrence)....

Either way...the NCAA needs to rethink many of its rules....so they can at least keep the illegal activity under control (because it happens everywhere)...and on top of that....it only makes sense financially as more and more players leave after 1 or 2 years....(and the TV product suffers????).

just a thought or two.
Kids will be kids. Especially 18-21 year old kids with a sense of entitlement.

Spicy McHaggis
10-17-2006, 08:27 PM
Easy way to open up a scholarship since the NCAA took one away.

That jumped to my mind too, probably not true but who knows? One thing I am sure of is suspending CJ is a lot easier with Arthur in the fold.

I'm waiting to see the details on this whole thing, they'll even release them. I could definately see this just being handled in house.

One last note and I'm not trying to jab at KSU at all, this news just brought it to mind. Is Cartier Martin with the team still or was he suspended? I thought I had heard something a while back but I may be completely off.

Saulbadguy
10-17-2006, 08:31 PM
That jumped to my mind too, probably not true but who knows? One thing I am sure of is suspending CJ is a lot easier with Arthur in the fold.

I'm waiting to see the details on this whole thing, they'll even release them. I could definately see this just being handled in house.

One last note and I'm not trying to jab at KSU at all, this news just brought it to mind. Is Cartier Martin with the team still or was he suspended? I thought I had heard something a while back but I may be completely off.
Cartier was re-instated last Friday. Just in time for Madness in Manhattan.

Skip Towne
10-17-2006, 08:38 PM
The Jayhawk board I go to has every rumor from "he has enrolled at Gonzaga" to "he went to the NBA early". I think Saul is closer than either of those. If KU needs a scholie to open up what better victim than "Iron Paws" Giles? To paraphrase Bob Stoops "I think we can get someone to replace his 6 points per game"

Mr. Laz
10-17-2006, 09:12 PM
The Jayhawk board I go to has every rumor from "he has enrolled at Gonzaga" to "he went to the NBA early". I think Saul is closer than either of those. If KU needs a scholie to open up what better victim than "Iron Paws" Giles? To paraphrase Bob Stoops "I think we can get someone to replace his 6 points per game"
they don't lose the scholarship til next year iirc.

in fact, i think they can even push the loss to 2008 if they need to.

Imon Yourside
10-17-2006, 09:42 PM
From what i've heard CJ has major issues in public, like demanding that an eating establish give him and his buddies free food because he's "On the Basketball Team". Larry Brown ran many a player off to open up a scholarship.

schneider221
10-17-2006, 10:30 PM
it appears to be academic issues which may or may not have problems with his attitude

ChiefsFanatic
10-17-2006, 11:13 PM
Didn't see a thread in the first few pages. The story doesn't say for how long or for what reason.

I think CJ gives them athleticism that Sasha Kaun doesn't have - he's active, rebounds and block shots - but he's been too foul prone his first two years.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/15782158.htm

This could actually be a good strategy. Last year he did the same thing with Hawkins, and that worked out pretty well.

HemiEd
10-17-2006, 11:23 PM
I plan on being particularly obnoxious this year.

This is a change?

ChiefaRoo
10-18-2006, 12:52 AM

What kind of silly comment is that Saul? First of all I watched the first GM and WSU game in Wichita and it was a last second buzzer beater runner for three that won it for GM. In the NCAA's GM was on a major role and played great and deserved to win and they beat a lot of great teams.

I'll remind you that your purple vag's didn't even make the NIT field.

KU got drilled by Bradley a team WSU took two out of three from including one on the Bradleys home court.

So, you and your bad Football team can just eat it and for you KU kids. Well just keep on doing what you do - "lack of instititutional control" yeah, it's called cheating.

HemiEd
10-18-2006, 01:02 AM
Any school with a B in it's name will own KU.

Braincase
10-18-2006, 06:22 AM
Based on what I've read, etc., I'm guessing C.J. was late for class or skipped a class. I doubt it will have any long term ramifications.

Regardless, it's not nearly as bad as the stuff we did at Duke.

sedated
10-18-2006, 07:49 AM
Based on what I've read, etc., I'm guessing C.J. was late for class or skipped a class. I doubt it will have any long term ramifications.

probably academic, yes, but seems more serious than late for one class.

Skip Towne
10-18-2006, 08:00 AM
What kind of silly comment is that Saul? First of all I watched the first GM and WSU game in Wichita and it was a last second buzzer beater runner for three that won it for GM. In the NCAA's GM was on a major role and played great and deserved to win and they beat a lot of great teams.

I'll remind you that your purple vag's didn't even make the NIT field.

KU got drilled by Bradley a team WSU took two out of three from including one on the Bradleys home court.

So, you and your bad Football team can just eat it and for you KU kids. Well just keep on doing what you do - "lack of instititutional control" yeah, it's called cheating.
On a major "role" were they? Retard

WilliamTheIrish
10-18-2006, 11:08 AM
KU actually does stuff about it, like kicking them off the team or suspending them.

Yea, KU suspends some guys up to 4 times.

CoMoChief
10-18-2006, 11:11 AM
Who cares. Darrell Arthur is better anyways, though Giles was VERY athletic and could provide for some nice depth. Overall if he doesnt come back it wont hurt that much.

Sasha Kaun really needs to improve.

CoMoChief
10-18-2006, 11:13 AM

Mizzou fan?

banyon
10-18-2006, 11:41 AM
Given the timing, it's probably C.J. not attending classes. It's not grades, because that would be at semester's end. It probably took a couple of weeks of CJ not showing up for them to bring the hammer down. Self probably told him his grades need to be up at the end of the Semester or he's done.

WilliamTheIrish
10-18-2006, 12:09 PM
You'll think renegde when we stomp the shit out of everyone in our way this season. I plan on being particularly obnoxious this year. You chumps might as well send us the Big XII trophy right now to save your blood being spilled.

I love it when you talk tough.

Oh, and what's a renegde?

WilliamTheIrish
10-18-2006, 12:12 PM
From what i've heard CJ has major issues in public, like demanding that an eating establish give him and his buddies free food because he's "On the Basketball Team". Larry Brown ran many a player off to open up a scholarship.

Is this another "inside source"? Is your name really jayhox?

WilliamTheIrish
10-18-2006, 12:13 PM
On a major "role" were they? Retard

Renegd.

Lzen
10-18-2006, 12:37 PM

Just so you know, JR "Moon Bar" Giddens was a Roy Williams recruit. He also had an incident of thieving from Walmart while he was being recruited by Roy Williams.

WilliamTheIrish
10-18-2006, 12:42 PM
Yea, it was Roy's fault that KU fans loved Giddens. (Till they named him "Clang"ens.)

HemiEd
10-18-2006, 12:48 PM
Mizzou fan?

Nope, WSU, KU and KState. I get caught up in Skips Obnoxiousness. He forces me to smack on KU.

Mr. Kotter
10-18-2006, 12:52 PM
Given the timing, it's probably C.J. not attending classes. It's not grades, because that would be at semester's end. It probably took a couple of weeks of CJ not showing up for them to bring the hammer down. Self probably told him his grades need to be up at the end of the Semester or he's done.

That's my guess as well. I don't like Sasha Kaun as THE guy in the middle though; and Giles added versatility, athleticism, and defense to the baseline. It may be the Achilles heel of the team; even with that though, it's a team that will certainly battle for a spot in the final four.

If they don't get knocked off by the Guallaudet, Wellsley College, or the Tuskegee Institute in a first round matchup....:(

:banghead:

HemiEd
10-18-2006, 01:10 PM
If they don't get knocked off by the Guallaudet, Wellsley College, or the Tuskegee Institute in a first round matchup....:(

I am more concerned about these schools: Binghamton, Boston, Belmont, Birmingham, Butler, Brown, Ball State, Bowling Green, Buffalo, Berkeley and Boise State.

Lzen
10-18-2006, 02:05 PM

Nebraska?

ROFL

banyon
10-18-2006, 02:26 PM
That's my guess as well. I don't like Sasha Kaun as THE guy in the middle though; and Giles added versatility, athleticism, and defense to the baseline. It may be the Achilles heel of the team; even with that though, it's a team that will certainly battle for a spot in the final four.

Ha. It's been so long since B-Ball season, and I'd been arguing with you so much lately, I'd almost totally forgotten you were a :KU: fan and we actually agreed on something.

You're right that Giles is markedly better defensively in the middle than Kahn. Both are foul-prone though, so this really stings our depth at the "5".

HemiEd
10-18-2006, 02:31 PM
Nebraska?

ROFL

I guess there are some exceptions. :D

Braincase
10-18-2006, 03:05 PM
Nebraska?

ROFL

All the teams will sound like they came out of a Fat Albert character's mouth... Iowabuh Statebuh, baybuh.

ChiefsFanatic
10-18-2006, 03:06 PM

Missouri fans will be wearing "Bizzou" shirts this year.

It still won't help.

buddha
10-18-2006, 03:29 PM
And even in a thread about KU and Giles, you can always count on some Jayhawk clown to crack back on Mizzou!? Even when MU is down, they still seem to take a game from the Mighty Compliance Officers!

ChiefsFanatic
10-18-2006, 03:33 PM
And even in a thread about KU and Giles, you can always count on some Jayhawk clown to crack back on Mizzou!? Even when MU is down, they still seem to take a game from the Mighty Compliance Officers!

Yeah. It seems to me that every time we get the Number #1 ranking, we play MU the next week and lose. Those Tigers sure know how to get up for Championship Week.

HemiEd
10-18-2006, 03:42 PM
Missouri fans will be wearing "Bizzou" shirts this year.

It still won't help.

ROFL

DaneMcCloud
10-18-2006, 03:55 PM
This is from an SI article posted today about KU Basketball:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/seth_davis/10/18/hoop.thoughts/index.html

Lost in the shuffle: Rodrick Stewart. I was inclined to go with 6-8 junior Darnell Jackson here, but that was before 6-10 junior center C.J. Giles blew off a morning workout this week and was essentially suspended from the team. Self is leaving the door open for Giles to return, but my guess is he's done at Kansas. That means Jackson, who might have redshirted, gets bumped up in the rotation. On the other hand, Stewart, a 6-4 junior from Seattle, averaged just 3.2 minutes per game last year. With Collins in the fold and clearly capable of contributing right away, it's hard to see how Stewart's minutes will increase.

WilliamTheIrish
10-18-2006, 07:48 PM
Bump for skip the "renegde".

BWillie
10-18-2006, 08:27 PM

This pisses me off. Why do people think Kirk Hinrich is such a Saint? Because he's white and from Iowa? Please. I am from Kirk's hometown, and let me assure you Kirk is far from a Saint. I'm not going to sit here and slander what I know about Kirk, and he's not a horrible guy, but all of (US) KU fans make him out to be Mother Theresa. Why not mention guys like Jacque Vaughn and Wayne Simien instead? The classiest players EVER at KU

BWillie
10-18-2006, 08:37 PM
Kansas University reserve junior center C.J. Giles, removed from the team indefinitely this week to address “personal issues,” according to coach Bill Self, is due in Douglas County District Court on Monday morning to face an allegation that he owes $4,097 in unpaid child support, according to court records.

Giles is the father of a son born in March 2005. He was ordered in April 2006 to pay the mother, a Lawrence resident, $241 in child support per month, plus a judgment of $2,892 for expenses the woman had incurred since the baby’s birth. But an affidavit filed Aug. 31 by an attorney representing the state’s Department of Social and Rehabilitation Services alleges that Giles “failed, neglected, or refused to fully comply with the orders of the court; no payment has ever been posted to this case.”

The purpose of Monday’s hearing before Judge Pro Tem Peggy Kittel will be for Giles to give a reason why he should not be held in contempt of court. A court document instructs him to bring paycheck stubs and other documentation of his income.

If this is the reason he got removed from the team this is F***ing BULL$HIT. How do you expect a college student to pay 300 a month? Are you kidding me? No way in hell could I pay for child support in college, I could barely afford enough to get by, and CJ Giles probably doesn't have enough time to have a job because of all of his basketball obligations. It's really amazing how much time these guys have to put in.

It better not be a morality police thing about how he should be paying and taking care of the child. Maybe the woman should have closed her legs? Do everyone a favor and put the child up for adoption. Let me assure you it will have a better life than with some drunk college chick who has no money. What do you expect a good looking, young man that is envied by everyone on campus to do? As the great Joe Paterno said "Hey, a cute girl knocks on your door, what are you supposed to do?".

Saulbadguy
10-18-2006, 08:43 PM
ROFL

Imon Yourside
10-18-2006, 09:09 PM
I didn't feel sorry for CJ before and certainly don't now either, take care of your obligations young man.

Eleazar
10-18-2006, 09:25 PM
Jack Harry was jsut reporting that it was not only that he owes back child support, but also "academic and disciplinary problems".

Also, I think he said Giles has never paid her anything in child support, not that he just is behind.

Eleazar
10-18-2006, 09:27 PM
It better not be a morality police thing about how he should be paying and taking care of the child. Maybe the woman should have closed her legs? Do everyone a favor and put the child up for adoption. Let me assure you it will have a better life than with some drunk college chick who has no money. What do you expect a good looking, young man that is envied by everyone on campus to do?

ChiefsFanatic
10-18-2006, 09:37 PM
What do you expect a good looking, young man that is envied by everyone on campus to do?

Suit up?

http://iskoblog.wordpress.com/files/2006/03/573472.jpg

redbrian
10-18-2006, 09:49 PM
You don't want to pay for a kid, keep your damn pants zipped-up.

CJ needs to get a job sweeping the floors, it's the best he will ever get.

WilliamTheIrish
10-18-2006, 09:59 PM

Well, I guess this theory is close. Apparently, he wants free p*ssy.

WilliamTheIrish
10-18-2006, 10:14 PM
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2006/oct/18/giles_due_court_monday/

WilliamTheIrish
10-18-2006, 10:17 PM
I see skip the (ob)noxious rengde made it back to edit his post.

That's a good handle for you skip:

SkipTheObnoxious. Has a great ring to it.

tk13
10-19-2006, 01:50 AM
LMAO Mighty Compliance Officers... that's pretty good. I'm still laughing at that.

ROYC75
10-19-2006, 08:30 AM
Yeah. It seems to me that every time we get the Number #1 ranking, we play MU the next week and lose. Those Tigers sure know how to get up for Championship Week.

It's the only chance they get to be close to a Champion.

ROYC75
10-19-2006, 08:32 AM
I never saw Rodrick Stewart as a kid to get much playing time at KU.

Braincase
10-19-2006, 08:51 AM
Well, I guess this theory is close. Apparently, he wants free p*ssy.

Ain't no such thing.

ArrowheadHawk
10-19-2006, 04:45 PM
darell arthur should shore up his spot just fine

WilliamTheIrish
10-19-2006, 04:58 PM
I don't know if Arthur's a real replacement at the 5 spot, but it is true, KU is loaded for bear.

ArrowheadHawk
10-19-2006, 05:28 PM
I don't know if Arthur's a real replacement at the 5 spot, but it is true, KU is loaded for bear .
???
:hmmm:

WilliamTheIrish
10-19-2006, 06:59 PM
???
:hmmm:

Having trouble with the definition of the phrase? I'm not sure what you're :hmmm: 'ing about.

ArrowheadHawk
10-19-2006, 07:02 PM
Having trouble with the definition of the phrase? I'm not sure what you're :hmmm: 'ing about.
i don't understand this part

"ku is loaded for bear"

doesn't make any sense to me

Saulbadguy
10-19-2006, 07:11 PM

"ku is loaded for bear"

That's because you are a retard.

WilliamTheIrish
10-19-2006, 07:42 PM

"ku is loaded for bear"

http://www.answers.com/topic/loaded-for-bear

Loaded for bear is an idiom which simply means:

Fully prepared for action

This term, dating from the mid-1800s, alludes to the heavy charge of powder or lead that hunters use for large animals like a bear.

DJay23
10-19-2006, 07:44 PM
I'm tired of all of these embarrassments. This is not pretty. We have a great team and a great chance at something big this year. We should be celebrating the coming season, not punishing our players for being little bitches.

Saulbadguy
10-30-2006, 02:52 PM
Who cares. Darrell Arthur is better anyways, though Giles was VERY athletic and could provide for some nice depth. Overall if he doesnt come back it wont hurt that much.

Sasha Kaun really needs to improve.
I just heard Kaun is out 3-6 weeks due to injury.

Hound333
10-30-2006, 02:54 PM
Ya kaun is out which hurts us early. It might however help us in the long run giving some PT to a player that might not have gotten it and helping with that depth during tourney time.

Sucks that Kaun is out but I still feel the same about Giles. I don't want someone like that on KU. Let him go to europe and make some cash to pay for that baby then try to go pro.

Lzen
10-30-2006, 03:01 PM
I just heard Kaun is out 3-6 weeks due to injury.

Eh, this early probably won't hurt much. When does the season start? About 3-4 weeks?

Hound333
10-30-2006, 03:03 PM
The 4th week will include the Florida game which it is doubtful he will be ready for. The pre-season starts this week.

Saulbadguy
10-30-2006, 03:05 PM
Eh, this early probably won't hurt much. When does the season start? About 3-4 weeks?
This weekend is the first exhibition game. The week after that the season starts IIRC.

Lzen
10-30-2006, 03:08 PM
Cool, exhibition KU hoops starts this Thursday. Not sure I'm ready for hoops season just yet, but I know I'll be watching. What's with the games in Las Vegas? Some tournament?

Lzen
10-30-2006, 03:09 PM
This weekend is the first exhibition game. The week after that the season starts IIRC.

2 weeks in a row of exhibition games (1 per week). The season starts November 11.

DaKCMan AP
10-30-2006, 03:14 PM
You'll think renegade when we stomp the shit out of everyone in our way this season. I plan on being particularly obnoxious this year. You chumps might as well send us the Big XII trophy right now to save your blood being spilled.

Loss number 1 for KU comes November 25.

Otherwise, Rock Chalk.

Lzen
10-30-2006, 03:41 PM
Loss number 1 for KU comes November 25.

Otherwise, Rock Chalk.

Heh heh, we'll see about that.
:)

dr00d
10-30-2006, 05:21 PM
and it is kstate with the thugs....heh

Eleazar
10-30-2006, 05:56 PM
and it is kstate with the thugs....heh

Did Trent Green retire yet?

dr00d
10-30-2006, 05:59 PM
Did Trent Green retire yet?

good spin there mr. o'reily

Stewie
10-30-2006, 05:59 PM
Oh yeah! I forgot KSU was a basketball powerhouse IN WHAT?... the 70's? Oh wait, one run in the 80s. Good for you. Let's see, nearly 20 years!

ChiefaRoo
10-30-2006, 06:05 PM
Fook KSU and KU basketball. Might as well add misery b-ball in too.

SHOX

CoMoChief
10-30-2006, 06:17 PM
Collins
Chalmers
Rush
Wright
Arthur

Don't know of too many teams that would be able to contain that squad.

DaKCMan AP
10-30-2006, 06:19 PM
Collins
Chalmers
Rush
Wright
Arthur

Don't know of too many teams that would be able to contain that squad.

Green
Humphrey
Brewer
Horford
Noah

CoMoChief
10-30-2006, 06:32 PM
Green
Humphrey
Brewer
Horford
Noah

Noah = Overrated

BWillie
10-30-2006, 06:34 PM
Green
Humphrey
Brewer
Horford
Noah

Get ready to rock on the 25th in Vegas baby

BWillie
10-30-2006, 06:36 PM
Noah = Overrated

Yeah, he looks like he got hit in the face with a log chain too. If chicks bone him, it's surely for the NBA money

dr00d
10-30-2006, 06:44 PM
bennent
martin
harris
maybank
colon

count on it. (and that is before walker and beasley gets here)

CoMoChief
10-30-2006, 06:50 PM
bennent
martin
harris
maybank
colon

ROFL

DaKCMan AP
10-30-2006, 07:00 PM
Noah = Overrated

ROFL

He's undeniably the best player in college bball. Yes, he's ugly. So what. He's a great player, has an amazing work ethic and is a really nice guy (see him all the time around campus and in the clubs).

I'm so looking forward to the Las Vegas matchup. I've been wanting to see KU play Florida since I've been in school here and each year I've picked the two to play each other in the tourney.

I think Florida wins and repeats as NC's, but for every game they don't play the Gators, Rock Chalk.

WilliamTheIrish
10-30-2006, 07:15 PM
Oh yeah! I forgot KSU was a basketball powerhouse IN WHAT?... the 70's? Oh wait, one run in the 80s. Good for you. Let's see, nearly 20 years!

Luckily, you'll have me here to remind you all season.

teedubya
10-30-2006, 08:58 PM
Fook KSU and KU basketball. Might as well add misery b-ball in too.

SHOX

you are delusional... can anyone name ONE player on the Shockers?

Oh, btw, I gave your mom the Shocker... she needed both hands to feel it though.

Saulbadguy
10-30-2006, 09:00 PM

Oh, btw, I gave your mom the Shocker... she needed both hands to feel it though.
PJ Couisinard
Sean Ogirri
Gal Mekel (Israeli dude)
Kyle Wilson

OTOH.

Saulbadguy
10-30-2006, 09:02 PM
bennent
martin
harris
maybank
colon

By Big XII play..

5 - Jason Bennett
4 - Cartier Martin
3 - David Hoskins
2 - Bill Walker
1 - Blake Young

ChiefaRoo
10-30-2006, 09:27 PM

I've got a better question can you name one Shocker B-ball player or coach who has been in trouble with the law or the NCAA since Turgeon took over? I can name several for KU. Giddens, Giles and of course the classic "Lack of institutional control" for Basketball and Football. KU has a great history and instead of wondering why your coach is using up Mickey D's all-americans like toilet paper (instead of graduating them) you guys just say we'll plug in Darrell Arthur. Sounds like a mercenary system run by an out of control athletic department. At KU Being good is all that matters.

Great job KU. You sold your soul to be good at any price. Reminds me of when Marty brought in Wayne Simmons and Bong Morris in a desperate attempt to win it all. That worked out didn't is Ari?

As long as were talking about giving Shockers.... that's what has happened to Self and his Mangina the last two years in the first round of the NCAA's.

teedubya
10-30-2006, 09:30 PM
You are a douche of monumental portions. You are having a good run right now, DUE to having a former KU player as your coach.

What are you like 16 years old?

ChiefaRoo
10-30-2006, 09:34 PM
You are a douche of monumental portions. You are having a good run right now, DUE to having a former KU player as your coach.

Hardly. Truth hurts doesn't it? Why don't you quit pinning Jayhawks to everyones reputation when they bring up a good point you petulant KU p***y?

Skip Towne
10-30-2006, 09:38 PM

You have to ignore this little douche. He couldn't cut it at KU and had to go home to mommy. Now WSU can't even field a football team. Hell, Jucos can field football teams as can high schools but not the great SHOX. And they only come up with a decent BB team once every 20 years. So you won't have to listen to him long. Turgeon will leave that shithole sooner rather than later. He was spotted in Norman this past season even though he denies it. It was in all the papers down here. SHOX my ass!

ChiefaRoo
10-30-2006, 09:39 PM

Hey everyone instead of debating the subject Ari has decided to send me threatening PM's. At least Redrums are clever. Who is this dooch?

buh-bye

Ari Chi3fs
Holding on to 1985

you are no longer a part of a Chiefsplanet experience. Adios, muchacho.

teedubya
10-30-2006, 09:43 PM
You have to ignore this little douche. He couldn't cut it at KU and had to go home to mommy. Now WSU can't even field a football team. Hell, Jucos can field football teams as can high schools but not the great SHOX. And they only come up with a decent BB team once every 20 years. So you won't have to listen to him long. Turgeon will leave that shithole sooner rather than later. He was spotted in Norman this past season even though he denies it. It was in all the papers down here. SHOX my ass!

word. He has to be a teenager, he is obviously very immature... so I could see how he would have dropped out of a real school and had to go to WSt. I mean, who chooses to live in Wichita? that town is horrendous. Deleting him from my CP experience was the best choice.

heh.

ChiefaRoo
10-30-2006, 09:47 PM

Hi Skip. Don't forget to brush your "tooth" tonight before you go to bed. You fuggin Okie.

Skip Towne
10-30-2006, 09:47 PM
word. He has to be a teenager, he is obviously very immature... so I could see how he would have dropped out of a real school and had to go to WSt. I mean, who chooses to live in Wichita? that town is horrendous.
That town is horrendous and WSU is located in a bad section of town. I spent my first semester there and I transferred as soon as it was over. There is NO college atmosphere at all. WSU is a terrible place to go to school.

ChiefaRoo
10-30-2006, 09:50 PM
word. He has to be a teenager, he is obviously very immature... so I could see how he would have dropped out of a real school and had to go to WSt. I mean, who chooses to live in Wichita? that town is horrendous. Deleting him from my CP experience was the best choice.

heh.

For the record WSU is a very good school.

ChiefaRoo
10-30-2006, 09:51 PM
That town is horrendous and WSU is located in a bad section of town. I spent my first semester there and I transferred as soon as it was over. There is NO college atmosphere at all. WSU is a terrible place to go to school.

Skip don't forget to douche too.

Skip Towne
10-30-2006, 09:57 PM
Skip don't forget to douche too.
Great comeback but I guess you don't have much material to work with. I'd stfu too if I were you. WSU is an absolute shithole.

Saulbadguy
10-30-2006, 09:57 PM
For the record WSU is a very good school.
Wichita is a decent city now, I wouldn't mind living there, it has gotten alot better.

WSU is a good school - but Skip is right about the lack of a college atmosphere. It is essentially a commuter school - you can't deny that.

Saulbadguy
10-30-2006, 09:58 PM

heh.
He is much better at dishing out the K-State smack then you and Skip are.

ChiefaRoo
10-30-2006, 10:09 PM
Wichita is a decent city now, I wouldn't mind living there, it has gotten alot better.

WSU is a good school - but Skip is right about the lack of a college atmosphere. It is essentially a commuter school - you can't deny that.

Sure Saul, WSU is a college located in a city. Wichita is not a college town like Manhattan or Lawrence per se so it's not dominated by 18 to 22 year old students thus making it less "collegiate" Some of that is changing though as WSU is marketing itself towards high school kids. There is a good student section at WSU b-ball games. 1000 or so students. I enjoyed my time at KU (yes Ari I did the whole Frat thing) and I spent many nights in Aggieville sucking back suds and talking to hot chicks from Great Bend and points west. That being said WSU is my team and after spending the last half decade in The ATL and Memphis I think Wichita has changed a lot and for the better as a city and I'm enjoying living here. In fact, I went to a great costume party in Old Town Sat. night and there were many a cutie waiting to be chatted up. Oh and for the record, I'm 31 unlike Skip who is 61 with a swollen prostate.

Skip Towne
10-30-2006, 10:09 PM
Neither one of you rate top quality smack.

ChiefaRoo
10-30-2006, 10:10 PM
Neither one of you rate top quality smack.

Skip were going to have to let you go. Have your locker cleared out by midnight.

ChiefaRoo
10-30-2006, 10:17 PM

For the record I root for KSU in Football. I had a great night in Vegas watching KSU pound OU for the Big12 title a few years ago. Won some money on that game too. Unfortunately I didn't take KSU heads us as they were getting 8 to 1.

Skip Towne
10-30-2006, 10:27 PM
Sure Saul, WSU is a college located in a city. Wichita is not a college town like Manhattan or Lawrence per se so it's not dominated by 18 to 22 year old students thus making it less "collegiate" Some of that is changing though as WSU is marketing itself towards high school kids. There is a good student section at WSU b-ball games. 1000 or so students. I enjoyed my time at KU (yes Ari I did the whole Frat thing) and I spent many nights in Aggieville sucking back suds and talking to hot chicks from Great Bend and points west. That being said WSU is my team and after spending the last half decade in The ATL and Memphis I think Wichita has changed a lot and for the better as a city and I'm enjoying living here. In fact, I went to a great costume party in Old Town Sat. night and there were many a cutie waiting to be chatted up. Oh and for the record, I'm 31 unlike Skip who is 61 with a swollen prostate.
I'm happy you like that overgrown cow town. But it isn't for all of us. That's why I live in Tulsa. Even though Tulsa U. is private and doesn't depend on state funds, WE HAVE A FOOTBALL TEAM. And a pretty good one at that. We also have a World Class golf course in Southern Hills (rated top ten in the world) where numerous PGA tourneys are held. Hutchinson has a better Golf Course than anything Wichita has (Prairie Dunes). The Carney brothers originated Pizza Hut in Wichita (I was in the Kansas Air National Guard with them) but found it necessary to move...............to Tulsa. Why? The stated reason was that they couldn't draw top level executives to Wichita because of its lack of "quality of life". A lack of quality museums, Fine Arts, etc. that Tulsa has. Wichita is a cowtown that has never done anything to improve itself. Beech, Boeing and Cessna are located there to take advantage of the cheap labor. When I lived there the joke was the big 3 lured in Okies, Arkies and Darkies. Wichita is a third rate town.

ChiefaRoo
10-30-2006, 10:39 PM
I'm happy you like that overgrown cow town. But it isn't for all of us. That's why I live in Tulsa. Even though Tulsa U. is private and doesn't depend on state funds, WE HAVE A FOOTBALL TEAM. And a pretty good one at that. We also have a World Class golf course in Southern Hills (rated top ten in the world) where numerous PGA tourneys are held. Hutchinson has a better Golf Course than anything Wichita has (Prairie Dunes). The Carney brothers originated Pizza Hut in Wichita (I was in the Kansas Air National Guard with them) but found it necessary to move...............to Tulsa. Why? The stated reason was that they couldn't draw top level executives to Wichita because of its lack of "quality of life". A lack of quality museums, Fine Arts, etc. that Tulsa has. Wichita is a cowtown that has never done anything to improve itself. Beech, Boeing and Cessna are located there to take advantage of the cheap labor. When I lived there the joke was the big 3 lured in Okies, Arkies and Darkies. Wichita is a third rate town.

That's a bunch of BS there skippy. Listen, I've been to Tulsa many a time and it's nothing to crow about (although the lebanese steakhouses are interesting) so I'll just leave it at that. It's laughable that an Okie from Muskogee is taking about "quality of life" as it relates to Wichita. By the way Turgeon and Gene Stephenson turned down OU cold and Sampson bailed your football state faster than the road runner leaving the coyote in the dust.

Skip Towne
10-30-2006, 10:43 PM
I really don't like to crack on Wichita or WSU and usually don't unless I'm provoked. But when I read about how great they are, I feel compelled to share what I know about that place. If you're happy there, thats great!!

Skip Towne
10-30-2006, 10:55 PM
That's a bunch of BS there skippy. Listen, I've been to Tulsa many a time and it's nothing to crow about (although the lebanese steakhouses are interesting) so I'll just leave it at that. It's laughable that an Okie from Muskogee is taking about "quality of life" as it relates to Wichita. By the way Turgeon and Gene Stephenson turned down OU cold and Sampson bailed your football state faster than the road runner leaving the coyote in the dust.
Don't tell me about quality of life, tell it to Pizza Hut. They are the ones who stated that for the reason. Then they moved to Tulsa. I think they must have meant it. Where did you find an "Okie from Muskogee" anywhere in this thread? Just more of your limp wristed attempts at defense. If you've got nothing LIE. And you have absolutely NOTHING. You haven't even defended how punk Wichita is. Predictably, you started hurling personal attacks when the facts were kicking your sorry ass. All losers do that. You really need to shut the f*ck up while you are so miserably behind.

ChiefaRoo
10-30-2006, 11:03 PM
Don't tell me about quality of life, tell it to Pizza Hut. They are the ones who stated that for the reason. Then they moved to Tulsa. I think they must have meant it. Where did you find an "Okie from Muskogee" anywhere in this thread? Just more of your limp wristed attempts at defense. If you've got nothing LIE. And you have absolutely NOTHING. You haven't even defended how punk Wichita is. Predictably, you started hurling personal attacks when the facts were kicking your sorry ass. All losers do that. You really need to shut the f*ck up while you are so miserably behind.

Skip your pricless. You know like an old antique or that crazy uncle who everyone wonders is going to fart at the dinner table on Thanksgiving. You ma' biatch Skippy. Keep posting.

I don't need to defend Doo Dah too much. I like it here because most of my family is in KS but I'll likely end up in the Rockies in the future. Yep you heard it hear first. I really like everything about Colorado. You know, except the Donks.

WilliamTheIrish
10-30-2006, 11:14 PM
Great thread.

Saulbadguy
10-31-2006, 09:24 AM
Old town is a blast - we stayed at the hotel there - very nice. WSU is trying to become more collegiate but IMO they won't get there without football.

HemiEd
10-31-2006, 09:57 AM

Skip, Pizza Hut did not move to Tulsa. NOBODY moves to Tulsa! PepsiCo, the new owners, moved the Corporate offices to Dallas. You continually spout off about shit that you know nothing about. Here is a picture of the Dallas headquarters.
You hold this grudge since you flunked out of WU, before they became a state university.

The real reason they moved, is the same as a lot of companies use for moving out of smaller cities. Corporate Travel, Major League entertainment, etc. The Aircraft companies did not move to Wichita, most started there. Have you ever heard of Stearman Aircraft?

HemiEd
10-31-2006, 10:15 AM
The stated reason was that they couldn't draw top level executives to Wichita because of its lack of "quality of life". A lack of quality museums, Fine Arts, etc. that Tulsa has. .

This statue stands outside the Wichita Indian Center, at the confluence of he Arkansas and Little Arkansas rivers. This was originally the site of a trading post established by Jesse Chisholm and the beginning of the city.

ChiefaRoo
10-31-2006, 10:57 AM
Skip, Pizza Hut did not move to Tulsa. NOBODY moves to Tulsa! PepsiCo, the new owners, moved the Corporate offices to Dallas. You continually spout off about shit that you know nothing about. Here is a picture of the Dallas headquarters.
You hold this grudge since you flunked out of WU, before they became a state university.

The real reason they moved, is the same as a lot of companies use for moving out of smaller cities. Corporate Travel, Major League entertainment, etc. The Aircraft companies did not move to Wichita, most started there. Have you ever heard of Stearman Aircraft?

Skip did you brush that tooth or not? By the way I knew PHut moved their corporate to Dallas but who cares it has nothing to do with quality of life in Wichita unless you were one of the several hundred people who moved. By the way wasn't Tulsa founded as a cowtown too or was it just a brothel stop on the way to Wichita?

ChiefaRoo
10-31-2006, 11:03 AM
Old town is a blast - we stayed at the hotel there - very nice. WSU is trying to become more collegiate but IMO they won't get there without football.

I live across the street from the Old Town Hotel. In fact as I type this I'm looking out my window at the hotel. Before I moved here I used to stay at the OT Hotel and it's a really nice property that is right next to all the clubs so you don't have to worry about getting in your car after knocking a few back. Glad you enjoyed the stay Saul. I would recommend it to all of you out of towners as it brings money to Old Town and ups the value of my condo. Come on down !!! :)

HemiEd
10-31-2006, 11:06 AM
By the way wasn't Tulsa founded as a cowtown too or was it just a brothel stop on the way to Wichita?

Tulsa is just a support system for Oral Roberts.

Lzen
10-31-2006, 11:29 AM
Noah = Overrated

:bong:

Lzen
10-31-2006, 11:44 AM
I've got a better question can you name one Shocker B-ball player or coach who has been in trouble with the law or the NCAA since Turgeon took over? I can name several for KU. Giddens, Giles and of course the classic "Lack of institutional control" for Basketball and Football. KU has a great history and instead of wondering why your coach is using up Mickey D's all-americans like toilet paper (instead of graduating them) you guys just say we'll plug in Darrell Arthur. Sounds like a mercenary system run by an out of control athletic department. At KU Being good is all that matters.

Great job KU. You sold your soul to be good at any price. Reminds me of when Marty brought in Wayne Simmons and Bong Morris in a desperate attempt to win it all. That worked out didn't is Ari?

As long as were talking about giving Shockers.... that's what has happened to Self and his Mangina the last two years in the first round of the NCAA's.

Ok, that's some pretty weak smaque. You obviously don't know the facts. Lou Perkins addressed the main issue of lack of institutional control. When he arrived at KU, there was only 1 person handling the job of compliance, and that was only half of her job. He's hired several people to do that job now.

And read the thread starter again. It says that Giles issues does not appear to be trouble with the law.

ChiefaRoo
10-31-2006, 12:01 PM
Ok, that's some pretty weak smaque. You obviously don't know the facts. Lou Perkins addressed the main issue of lack of institutional control. When he arrived at KU, there was only 1 person handling the job of compliance, and that was only half of her job. He's hired several people to do that job now.

And read the thread starter again. It says that Giles issues does not appear to be trouble with the law.

Perkins was in cover up mode and to believe otherwise is naive. The facts are KU cheated and got caught and you can't spin that my crimson and blue friend. Giles is in trouble with the law. He's a dead beat dad and believe it or not there are laws regarding that. You see the word "appears" is a journalistic way of covering your arse for liable.

What do you care anyway. Just throw Giles on the scrap heap like you did Giddens and plug in Arthur. KU only cares about winning who cares about the players right?

HemiEd
10-31-2006, 12:06 PM
Winning is everything, why are you so bitter?

ChiefaRoo
10-31-2006, 02:33 PM
Winning is everything, why are you so bitter?

I'm not bitter. I'm just enjoying ripping the rose colored glasses off of KU b-ball fans. If you don't go upside their heads hard they don't fall off.

Lzen
10-31-2006, 02:46 PM
I'm not bitter. I'm just enjoying ripping the rose colored glasses off of KU b-ball fans. If you don't go upside their heads hard they don't fall off.

ROFL Alrighty then, Mr. know-it-all.
:rolleyes:

ChiefaRoo
10-31-2006, 06:16 PM
ROFL Alrighty then, Mr. know-it-all.
:rolleyes:

Here's another way of looking at it. KU basketball is to Mickey D's all-americans as white trash is to puppy mills.

chew on that one gayhawks.

Lzen
10-31-2006, 07:17 PM
Go Emporia State!!

Lzen
11-01-2006, 09:09 AM
http://hawkzone.cjonline.com/stories/103106/haw_sasha.shtml
Giles was suspended for academic issues and repeated violations of team policy

I wonder what team policy covers fatherhood. Or what class. ChiefaRoo?

WilliamTheIrish
11-01-2006, 09:34 AM
I hear Kaun is out 3-5 weeks. Plenty of time to practice his procreation.. :)

Scaga
11-01-2006, 10:30 AM
Being a WSU graduate and a big KU/WSU basketball fan.....this thread humors the shit out of me! ROFL

"rose colored glasses" ....that's some funny stuff right there, I don't care who you are. (in my best Larry the Cable Guy voice)

WilliamTheIrish
11-01-2006, 10:35 AM
Being a WSU graduate and a big KU/WSU basketball fan.....this thread humors the shit out of me! ROFL

"rose colored glasses" ....that's some funny stuff right there, I don't care who you are. (in my best Larry the Cable Guy voice)

It's a shocker fan. You have to take them out of the car seat every now and then...

ChiefaRoo
11-01-2006, 11:16 AM
It's a shocker fan. You have to take them out of the car seat every now and then...

Easy there Bill the Potato eater.

WilliamTheIrish
11-01-2006, 11:37 AM
Easy there Bill the Potato eater.

Don't make me stop this car.....

Braincase
11-01-2006, 11:44 AM
Perkins was in cover up mode and to believe otherwise is naive. The facts are KU cheated and got caught and you can't spin that my crimson and blue friend. Giles is in trouble with the law. He's a dead beat dad and believe it or not there are laws regarding that. You see the word "appears" is a journalistic way of covering your arse for liable.

What do you care anyway. Just throw Giles on the scrap heap like you did Giddens and plug in Arthur. KU only cares about winning who cares about the players right?

As a KU fan living in Lawrence, a Wichita State alum and former WSU athlete (track) that hung out with WSU basketball, baseball and football players, I'd suggest you STFD and STFU. I know shit about WSU that would make an OU fan go "Damn... that's crazy!". It's little wonder that before SMU got the death penalty, WSU was the most penalized school in NCAA history. I saw the underage girls and the drug deals, the pregnant girls crying in the parking lot while Mr. BMOC laughed and drove off in his hoopty.

Kindly get off your high horse now. What KU is dealing with now is NOTHING compared to the crap that went on at WSU back in the day. I know. I was part of it.

HemiEd
11-01-2006, 11:47 AM
As a KU fan living in Lawrence, a Wichita State alum and former WSU athlete (track) that hung out with WSU basketball, baseball and football players, I'd suggest you STFD and STFU. I know shit about WSU that would make an OU fan go "Damn... that's crazy!". It's little wonder that before SMU got the death penalty, WSU was the most penalized school in NCAA history. I saw the underage girls and the drug deals, the pregnant girls crying in the parking lot while Mr. BMOC laughed and drove off in his hoopty.

Kindly get off your high horse now. What KU is dealing with now is NOTHING compared to the crap that went on at WSU back in the day. I know. I was part of it.

So you are the guy that gave Cliff Levingston a coat, since he came from California without one?

ChiefaRoo
11-01-2006, 12:21 PM

Great now I'm being lectured by the guy "who was part of it" Which girl did you knock up and how many drug deals have you been part of? Moron.

By that way that's ancient history as (if what you said actually happened like your said) it happened in the early 1980's. WSU runs a model program now and graduates kids. When you compare it to KU and it's "mickey d's revolving door" and the current NCAA violations it's clear KU has sold it's soul. Deal with but don't pull out 25 year old violations by WSU that are irrelevant to todays goings on.

Saulbadguy
11-01-2006, 12:42 PM
Great now I'm being lectured by the guy "who was part of it" Which girl did you knock up and how many drug deals have you been part of? Moron.

By that way that's ancient history as (if what you said actually happened like your said) it happened in the early 1980's. WSU runs a model program now and graduates kids. When you compare it to KU and it's "mickey d's revolving door" and the current NCAA violations it's clear KU has sold it's soul. Deal with but don't pull out 25 year old violations by WSU that are irrelevant to todays goings on.
So, WSU gets a free pass from its history but Huggins does not? That's a double standard.

WilliamTheIrish
11-01-2006, 12:43 PM

Funny, KU fans say KSU fans sold their soul. But you say KU sold it's soul. And Braincase says WSU sold it's soul long ago.

Confusing.

CoMoChief
11-01-2006, 01:05 PM
Funny, KU fans say KSU fans sold their soul. But you say KU sold it's soul. And Braincase says WSU sold it's soul long ago.

Confusing.

I think every elite program pays their players under the table. Thats how they recruit. It's just the matter of getting caught or not. You would have to be stupid thinking that these MickeyD players don't get paid in some way other than a scholarship. Most of those players could get drafted in the NBA and there has to be some sort of motivation to play in college as opposed to getting paid millions in the NBA because I can almost guarantee that most of those players coming from the inner cities don't give a damn about a college degree. Why do you think many college athletes playing for national prominent programs major in communications and take bogus courses that a 10yr old could pass in? Everything in the NCAA is about money. More so now than it used to be. Institutions and boosters pay these high profile players under the table. It happens all the time. KU does it, I'm sure Huggy has done it as KSU, MU does it, I'm sure the all mighty clean Duke program does it as well. These high profile players potentially bring millions of dollars to the school's programs. You can't deny that many schools do this. It's just a hush hush deal until someone gets caught doing it.

ChiefaRoo
11-01-2006, 01:17 PM
I think every elite program pays their players under the table. Thats how they recruit. It's just the matter of getting caught or not. You would have to be stupid thinking that these MickeyD players don't get paid in some way other than a scholarship. Most of those players could get drafted in the NBA and there has to be some sort of motivation to play in college as opposed to getting paid millions in the NBA because I can almost guarantee that most of those players coming from the inner cities don't give a damn about a college degree. Why do you think many college athletes playing for national prominent programs major in communications and take bogus courses that a 10yr old could pass in? Everything in the NCAA is about money. More so now than it used to be. Institutions and boosters pay these high profile players under the table. It happens all the time. KU does it, I'm sure Huggy has done it as KSU, MU does it, I'm sure the all mighty clean Duke program does it as well. These high profile players potentially bring millions of dollars to the school's programs. You can't deny that many schools do this. It's just a hush hush deal until someone gets caught doing it.

If you can prove that you should go to the media with your evidence as I'm sure they would pay you a lot of money for the info. Fact is this is just your opinion which of course you are entitled to. I don't buy it though.

ChiefaRoo
11-01-2006, 01:20 PM
So, WSU gets a free pass from its history but Huggins does not? That's a double standard.

Apples and Oranges Saul. Huggy's history is only as old as yesterday. WSU's history is as old as Skip. I think there is a difference here. Mark Turgeon runs WSU's program now and has nothing to do with what happened 25 years ago. Huggy runs KSU's program and owns his history.

ChiefaRoo
11-01-2006, 01:21 PM

Confusing.

Yeah, but I'm right Bill :)

CoMoChief
11-01-2006, 01:23 PM
If you can prove that you should go to the media with your evidence as I'm sure they would pay you a lot of money for the info. Fact is this is just your opinion which of course you are entitled to. I don't buy it though.

Everything in the NCAA is all about $$$$, remember that.

ImuMamalukabubuday
11-01-2006, 01:30 PM

This Spottswoode character is the true definition of an imbecile, in every sense of the word. KU Basketball is still considered to be one of the classiest organizations in all of college sports on a national level. Every coach would dream to be in the situation where you have so many McDonald All-Americans that some choose to go elsewhere because they can't win playing time. It's a testament to how great a recruiter Bill Self actually is. Right now, he has arguably more talent than any program in the country, and that is after letting bad seeds like Giddens, Giles, and Downs go on their merry way. Most programs would have to beg kids like that to stay. KU can afford to lose them because the McDonald All Americans line up at the door to come to KU and receive national recognition by playing on one of the elite programs in the country on national TV.

Pull your head out of your a$$ Spottswoode.

ChiefaRoo
11-01-2006, 01:38 PM
This Spottswoode character is the true definition of an imbecile, in every sense of the word. KU Basketball is still considered to be one of the classiest organizations in all of college sports on a national level. Every coach would dream to be in the situation where you have so many McDonald All-Americans that some choose to go elsewhere because they can't win playing time. It's a testament to how great a recruiter Bill Self actually is. Right now, he has arguably more talent than any program in the country, and that is after letting bad seeds like Giddens, Giles, and Downs go on their merry way. Most programs would have to beg kids like that to stay. KU can afford to lose them because the McDonald All Americans line up at the door to come to KU and receive national recognition by playing on one of the elite programs in the country on national TV.

Pull your head out of your a$$ Spottswoode.

Keep telling yourself that n00b. Let me ask you this. If these "bad seeds" were so bad why did Self recruit them to begin with? Your argument is silly. I know KU has talent. What I'm saying is they treat their talent like meat and not young kids who need guidance. FYI, Giles, Giddens and Downs aren't the only kids that have left/been run off by KU in recent years. Say what you want about Roy at least Hinrich and Collison and the others stayed. Now it's a revolving door with a police blotter in some cases. Is that how KU alums want to be represented? or is winning the only thing that matters?

KU basketball is to Mickey D's all-americans as white trash is to puppy mills.

CoMoChief
11-01-2006, 01:43 PM
Keep telling yourself that n00b. Let me ask you this. If these "bad seeds" were so bad why Self recruit them to begin with? Your argument is silly. I know KU has talent. What I'm saying is they treat their talent like meat and not young kids who need guidance. FYI, Giles, Giddens and Downs aren't the only kids that have left/been run off by KU in recent years. Say what you want about Roy at least Hinrich and Collison and the others stayed. Now it's a revolving door with a police blotter in some cases. Is that how KU alums want to be represented? or is winning the only thing that matters?

Giddens was Roy's recruit.

ChiefaRoo
11-01-2006, 01:44 PM
Giddens was Roy's recruit.

Yes, but he left under Self.

ImuMamalukabubuday
11-01-2006, 01:54 PM
Keep telling yourself that n00b. Let me ask you this. If these "bad seeds" were so bad why Self recruit them to begin with? Your argument is silly. I know KU has talent. What I'm saying is they treat their talent like meat and not young kids who need guidance. FYI, Giles, Giddens and Downs aren't the only kids that have left/been run off by KU in recent years. Say what you want about Roy at least Hinrich and Collison and the others stayed. Now it's a revolving door with a police blotter in some cases. Is that how KU alums want to be represented? or is winning the only thing that matters?

You joined the board a month before me...are you a "n00b" as well? And thanks for repeating your idiotic puppy mill comment. It helps solidify just how ignorant you truly are. Giddens wasn't a Bill Self recruit. He was in trouble before he came to KU, and got in trouble while he was here. He became a distraction to the program, and he left for a clean start. I believe that Giles is figuring things out, and will most likely return to the roster this year. Downs had mental issues and wasn't getting the playing time that he thought he deserved, which is bound to happen when you have a plethora of talent. What others were "run off"? Galindo? (see Micah Downs for an explanation on his departure) Padgett? (another Roy recruit that wanted to hit jump shots instead of bang inside with the bigs) Like I said, when you have more talent that most of the teams in the Big XII combined, kids are going to leave to find more playing time...it happens at top tier programs.

I personally think that Self is doing an amazing job at representing the University, and I am an alum. When kids have issues that they need to work out, he seperates them from the team to have them get their priorities straight (i.e. Hawkins, Giles, Giddens). There are instances where the players regained focus and returned to the team as a better teammate, a la Hawkins. That is not "treating players like meat"...it's treating them how they need to be treated to figure things out.

Braincase
11-01-2006, 02:05 PM

Son, feel free to step on up when you're ready to learn some respect for your elders. In the meantime, and I mean this in in all sincerity, STFD and STFU. You and d00sh need to earn the right to call some of us morons. WilliamtheIrish can call me a moron. Saul, Zach, Brian, Phob, and numerous others can call me a moron. You need to get a proxy.

Damn... Redrum and Taco John have more street cred than you do.

Feel free to lecture me about what it's like to be a Division 1 athlete after you figure out how to open that can of tennis balls you've been using as a butt plug.

Saulbadguy
11-01-2006, 02:10 PM
I would like to add I would never call someone who I am physically afraid of a moron. At least not to his face. :D

Braincase
11-01-2006, 02:57 PM
I would like to add I would never call someone who I am physically afraid of a moron. At least not to his face. :D

Saul, you can call me a moron... I know you'll do it with a smile on your face.

Yonder st00pfawk is probably handling cleanup duty for the WSU basketball team, scraping off the excess semen from the Shocker thoroughbreds and selling the frozen seed through a Chinese Ebay brokerage house.

Lzen
11-01-2006, 04:00 PM
Can I call you a moron?

Lzen
11-01-2006, 04:02 PM
ImuMamalukabubuday,

that was a very solid rebuttal. ChiefaRoo is obviously a dipshit who knows nothing about the Kansas hoops program but tries to act as if he has insider info. What a douchebag.

WilliamTheIrish
11-01-2006, 04:31 PM
..... WilliamtheIrish can call me a moron. Saul, Zach, Brian, Phob, and numerous others can call me a moron. You need to get a proxy......

Even if you gave me permission, I'd never call you any derogatory names.

WilliamTheIrish
11-01-2006, 04:37 PM

I'm not exactly sure why you felt the need to address this to me, as I am in no way under the pollyanna assumption that any aspect of big time college athletics is clean.

The NCAA is - IMO - a farce. The term student athlete, when applied to 95% of the players that play in revenue producing sports, is a farce

I was referring to the large number of KU fans - not just on this board - that refer to the Huggs hiring as "KSU selling their soul", as though their program is bastion of integrity.

I guess that's just my long winded way of saying, "I agree".

HemiEd
11-01-2006, 05:56 PM
Can't we all just get along? Lets have a group hug and sing kumebyeyah!

Braincase
11-01-2006, 06:02 PM
Can I call you a moron?

Yes, but when we hang out, there's guilt by association.

sedated
11-01-2006, 06:47 PM
Can't we all just get along? Lets have a group hug and sing kumebyeyah!

you're pretty new to these KU threads, aren't you?

ChiefaRoo
11-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Son, feel free to step on up when you're ready to learn some respect for your elders. In the meantime, and I mean this in in all sincerity, STFD and STFU. You and d00sh need to earn the right to call some of us morons. WilliamtheIrish can call me a moron. Saul, Zach, Brian, Phob, and numerous others can call me a moron. You need to get a proxy.

Damn... Redrum and Taco John have more street cred than you do.

Feel free to lecture me about what it's like to be a Division 1 athlete after you figure out how to open that can of tennis balls you've been using as a butt plug.

Not a bad comeback on your part. I bet you worked on it all day. I'll give you credit it's the best I've seen on this board. For the record I'm not your son and my guess is your mostly (ex) athlete and have never been accused of being much of a thinker. You don't have any idea what your talking about regarding WSU athletics (as per your previous sorry post) so don't get on your old man soap box and woof at me.

I'll also point out to you that eventhough I've never been a D1 athlete I do understand world class competition and I've experienced that in several areas in my life so I do know a little bit about putting it on the line when the pressure is on so my "street" cred is just fine thank you. If your talking about my board street cred. well that's just pathetic.

My advice is for you to go pleasure yourself in an anatomicaly impossible way.

By the way WSU pounded ESU tonight 87-62. Not a bad exhibition game.

HemiEd
11-01-2006, 10:08 PM
you're pretty new to these KU threads, aren't you?

Not really, but there is not near enough Mizzou bashing in this thread.

In fact, Skip is the only guy that can get me to say something bad about KU.

Teddy Jack Eddy
11-01-2006, 10:20 PM
By the way WSU pounded ESU tonight 87-62. Not a bad exhibition game.
Wow! How impressive. Where did this moron come from? Oh, I see, Wichita. That explains it.

HemiEd
11-01-2006, 10:24 PM
Wow! How impressive. Where did this moron come from? Oh, I see, Wichita. That explains it.

STFU n00b!

ChiefaRoo
11-01-2006, 10:28 PM

Hey I was there. They could of won 100 to 50 but Turg. played a lot of different mixes and lots of Freshmen. Offense was all vanilla too. What I liked about the game is WSU played good post defense and dominated on the boards. I know its only ESU but it's a good start.

ChiefaRoo
11-01-2006, 10:30 PM

I would but only with my trusty glock or my lawyer at my side. :)

Teddy Jack Eddy
11-01-2006, 10:33 PM
Hey I was there. They could of won 100 to 50 but Turg. played a lot of different mixes and lots of Freshmen. Offense was all vanilla too. What I liked about the game is WSU played good post defense and dominated on the boards. I know its only ESU but it's a good start.
Turg? Are you referring to Mark Turgeon? He's a KU guy if I recall correctly. You bad mouth KU yet you depend on them to run your crappy program. KU could steal him from you in a heartbeat.

HemiEd
11-01-2006, 10:35 PM
Turg? Are you referring to Mark Turgeon? He's a KU guy if I recall correctly. You bad mouth KU yet you depend on them to run your crappy program. KU could steal him from you in a heartbeat.

Skip got another name?

ChiefaRoo
11-01-2006, 10:39 PM

I know he played at KU. He also coached with Larry Brown. Mark may take a shot at coaching KU in the future when and if KU runs off Self. That would only mean Self has failed to take all that talent and do anything with it. But let me tell you a few things. Turg. likes it at WSU, his extended family lives here. He's a god in this town and he just got his salary doubled and WSU is getting national recognition. So when is KU going to collapse and hire Turg?

ChiefaRoo
11-01-2006, 10:46 PM

By the way I don't bad mouth KU as an institution. I bad mouth the recent revolving door of players coming and going. Further, I think KU has lost it's way with NCAA infractions , arrested players, et al. Past KU teams were solid, clean cut and they stayed for four years. That's my main point. Also, I enjoy popping the pomposity balloon which some KU fans demonstrate.

Braincase
11-02-2006, 06:40 AM
I'll also point out to you that eventhough I've never been a D1 athlete I do understand world class competition and I've experienced that in several areas in my life so I do know a little bit about putting it on the line when the pressure is on so my "street" cred is just fine thank you.

Made to the final table in a big "Magic: The Gathering" tournament? Perhaps a one of three finals in a Tubgirl impersonation contest, and you went for it all after a heavy training session at Taco Chop?

Lay it all on the line, little man... that trophy's bigger than than the one you snagged at the Castro District Halloween Costume contest. I'm betting that famous piano player from West Allis, Wisconsin didn't even know his candelabra was missing.

Saulbadguy
11-02-2006, 07:59 AM
Hey, I used to like Magic: The Gathering.

Braincase
11-02-2006, 08:24 AM
Hey, I used to like Magic: The Gathering.

You chose to grow up.

Funny thing is, I remember when I felt the same way about WSU and KU. I went to WSU because that was where my scholarship was, and I found myself time after time trying to justify my decision to go to WSU over KU. The fact of the matter is, in spite of my good times, great friends and degree, I wish I had chosen KU over WSU. I feel like I missed out on a big chuck of the college experience by going to WSU. My wife got her PhD from WSU as well, but she tells people she's an Iowa alum, and doesn't ever bring up WSU.

I won't be satisfied until I get another degree, and I earn it from KU.

Not that I don't pull for WSU in basketball and baseball, I'll even whip out an old '89 hat when the Shocks play here in Lawrence during the college baseball season, but that's about as far as I'll go.

I know I'm not alone in those sentiments.

ImuMamalukabubuday
11-02-2006, 10:20 AM
By the way I don't bad mouth KU as an institution. I bad mouth the recent revolving door of players coming and going. Further, I think KU has lost it's way with NCAA infractions , arrested players, et al. Past KU teams were solid, clean cut and they stayed for four years. That's my main point. Also, I enjoy popping the pomposity balloon which some KU fans demonstrate.

Buddy, where have you been for the last few years? Have you locked yourself in your mothers basement? McDonalds All-Americans, in this day and age, RARELY stay for 4 years. Look at the other top tier programs: UK, UNC, Duke...they all have players that leave early every year. WHY???? Because they are good enough to go pro. Kansas will lose most of their impact players right now to the Pros before they graduate...because they are good enough to get lottery pick money at the next level. Coaches like Self, Roy, coack K, and Tubby all have to deal with a "revolving door" because they fight over the same top tier talent. This basketball team at KU is still a clean cut program. The NCAA infractions brought against KU were minor, unfortunately, they just got lumped in with the major football violations. Chiefaroo, you my friend are a damn fool.

Saulbadguy
11-02-2006, 11:37 AM
You chose to grow up.

Funny thing is, I remember when I felt the same way about WSU and KU. I went to WSU because that was where my scholarship was, and I found myself time after time trying to justify my decision to go to WSU over KU. The fact of the matter is, in spite of my good times, great friends and degree, I wish I had chosen KU over WSU. I feel like I missed out on a big chuck of the college experience by going to WSU. My wife got her PhD from WSU as well, but she tells people she's an Iowa alum, and doesn't ever bring up WSU.

Not that I don't pull for WSU in basketball and baseball, I'll even whip out an old '89 hat when the Shocks play here in Lawrence during the college baseball season, but that's about as far as I'll go.

I know I'm not alone in those sentiments.
I don't mind WSU, or KU. I figure my tax dollars support all the state universities in this state, so I shouldn't bag on them as an institution or anything like that. I'll lash out when the fans get annoying, which they do, and I expect the same kind of treatment because I do the same thing.

I can't remember if i've ever attacked the actual institution - and if I did, i'm ashamed for it. KSU, KU and WSU are all 3 places to get a great education.

Saulbadguy
11-02-2006, 11:38 AM
Buddy, where have you been for the last few years? Have you locked yourself in your mothers basement? McDonalds All-Americans, in this day and age, RARELY stay for 4 years. Look at the other top tier programs: UK, UNC, Duke...they all have players that leave early every year. WHY???? Because they are good enough to go pro. Kansas will lose most of their impact players right now to the Pros before they graduate...because they are good enough to get lottery pick money at the next level. Coaches like Self, Roy, coack K, and Tubby all have to deal with a "revolving door" because they fight over the same top tier talent. This basketball team at KU is still a clean cut program. The NCAA infractions brought against KU were minor, unfortunately, they just got lumped in with the major football violations. Chiefaroo, you my friend are a damn fool.
I don't think he is talking about players leaving to go pro.

ImuMamalukabubuday
11-02-2006, 11:57 AM
I don't think he is talking about players leaving to go pro.

and I've already commented on the players that transferred earlier in this thread. This guy acts as if KU could care less about the individual players, and that's just not the case. Bill Self isn't running the players off. Some are leaving for personal issues like Giddens, and others are leaving for playing time like Galindo. We have to remember that these guys are KIDS when they come in as freshmen. Downs is the perfect example. He was homesick AND he felt that he deserved more playing time. It was better for everyone that these players moved on. Self is NOT throwing them out on the streets. And it only appears like a "revolving door" because Self has no problem replacing these guys with even better players. Is this really being portrayed as a negative for the program?

ChiefaRoo
11-02-2006, 12:48 PM
Made to the final table in a big "Magic: The Gathering" tournament? Perhaps a one of three finals in a Tubgirl impersonation contest, and you went for it all after a heavy training session at Taco Chop?

Lay it all on the line, little man... that trophy's bigger than than the one you snagged at the Castro District Halloween Costume contest. I'm betting that famous piano player from West Allis, Wisconsin didn't even know his candelabra was missing.

Your Kung Fu is weak.

ChiefaRoo
11-02-2006, 12:52 PM
and I've already commented on the players that transferred earlier in this thread. This guy acts as if KU could care less about the individual players, and that's just not the case. Bill Self isn't running the players off. Some are leaving for personal issues like Giddens, and others are leaving for playing time like Galindo. We have to remember that these guys are KIDS when they come in as freshmen. Downs is the perfect example. He was homesick AND he felt that he deserved more playing time. It was better for everyone that these players moved on. Self is NOT throwing them out on the streets. And it only appears like a "revolving door" because Self has no problem replacing these guys with even better players. Is this really being portrayed as a negative for the program?

I'm calling BS on that. KU has a high turnover rate and they're not graduating players nor are they leaving early to go pro in most cases. Self wipes his arse with his players. I respected Roy and before him Brown for what they did at KU but not this guy. Listen fellas I hope he stays at KU for a long time and has success because I suspect if they run "the toupee" out on a rail KU will probably offer the job to Turg. and I'd rather have him at WSU. I think my points are valid and that some of you are just hyper sensitive KU alums and fans. Get some perspective.

sedated
11-02-2006, 01:01 PM

ImuMamalukabubuday
11-02-2006, 02:06 PM
I'm calling BS on that. KU has a high turnover rate and they're not graduating players nor are they leaving early to go pro in most cases. Self wipes his arse with his players. I respected Roy and before him Brown for what they did at KU but not this guy. Listen fellas I hope he stays at KU for a long time and has success because I suspect if they run "the toupee" out on a rail KU will probably offer the job to Turg. and I'd rather have him at WSU. I think my points are valid and that some of you are just hyper sensitive KU alums and fans. Get some perspective.

Call BS all you want. I've provided facts on why the players left...all you have done is speculate. Please, tell us "hyper sensitive" KU alums how Bill Self wipes his arse with his players? He has handled every transfer or suspension with nothing but class.

And my friend, If KU wanted Turgeon, they could have him in a heartbeat. Self is one of the top recruiters in the Country, if not the best. He has the team absolutely loaded with talent. We'd be losing the STARS on this team if Self treated them poorly. However, as I've pointed out, a few times now, we've lost players that either needed more playing time and/or needed a fresh start. That, in no way, is Bill Self's fault.

I don't know how I'm not getting this through your head. I'm starting to feel like I'm playing basketball with a retarded kid...sooner or later I'm going to have to call you for a double-dribble.

ChiefaRoo
11-02-2006, 03:12 PM
Call BS all you want. I've provided facts on why the players left...all you have done is speculate. Please, tell us "hyper sensitive" KU alums how Bill Self wipes his arse with his players? He has handled every transfer or suspension with nothing but class.

And my friend, If KU wanted Turgeon, they could have him in a heartbeat. Self is one of the top recruiters in the Country, if not the best. He has the team absolutely loaded with talent. We'd be losing the STARS on this team if Self treated them poorly. However, as I've pointed out, a few times now, we've lost players that either needed more playing time and/or needed a fresh start. That, in no way, is Bill Self's fault.

I don't know how I'm not getting this through your head. I'm starting to feel like I'm playing basketball with a retarded kid...sooner or later I'm going to have to call you for a double-dribble.

Keep telling yourself how good the program is. The facts are the last two years your vaunted hawks got their arses bounced in the first round. Last year KU got bounced by a team WSU took two of three from. Turg. might one day end up at KU. Then again he might not.

ImuMamalukabubuday
11-02-2006, 03:28 PM
Keep telling yourself how good the program is. The facts are the last two years your vaunted hawks got their arses bounced in the first round. Last year KU got bounced by a team WSU took two of three from. Turg. might one day end up at KU. Then again he might not.

I could care less if Turgeon ends up at KU. We have the right guy for the program.

Now, you once again failed to produce any facts as to how Bill Self treats his players like pieces of meat. Of course KU fans aren't thrilled with the past 2 tournament results, but let's be honest here. The Sweet 16 for Wichita State last year was the pinnacle for the program. It just doesn't get any better than that. I think we both know that the history AND the future of KU's program is still a cut above Wichita State's. Now please, I beg you, enlighten us with your knowledge of the "revolving door" you keep referring to. What has Self done to exhibit any sign on treating players like "pieces of meat"????

ChiefaRoo
11-02-2006, 03:42 PM
I could care less if Turgeon ends up at KU. We have the right guy for the program.

Now, you once again failed to produce any facts as to how Bill Self treats his players like pieces of meat. Of course KU fans aren't thrilled with the past 2 tournament results, but let's be honest here. The Sweet 16 for Wichita State last year was the pinnacle for the program. It just doesn't get any better than that. I think we both know that the history AND the future of KU's program is still a cut above Wichita State's. Now please, I beg you, enlighten us with your knowledge of the "revolving door" you keep referring to. What has Self done to exhibit any sign on treating players like "pieces of meat"????

It's all in this thread bozo. I'm not going to re-type 50 posts and produce a "Why KU is a revolving door for Mickey D's All-Americans for dummies" summary just for you n00b.

Further, your wrong about WSU hitting a pinnacle. They'll be better this year and the recruits Turg and Spinelli are bringing in are better talent wise than the guys who went to the 16. Why do you feel the need to directly compare the WSU to KU? I haven't, I've simply pointed out the excessive turnover rate since Roy left and the fact that the b-ball program (and of course football) violated NCAA rules.

DJJasonp
11-02-2006, 03:50 PM

I'm not trying to get on one side or the other here....but for a noob, this deserves rep!

ImuMamalukabubuday
11-02-2006, 04:53 PM
It's all in this thread bozo. I'm not going to re-type 50 posts and produce a "Why KU is a revolving door for Mickey D's All-Americans for dummies" summary just for you n00b.

Further, your wrong about WSU hitting a pinnacle. They'll be better this year and the recruits Turg and Spinelli are bringing in are better talent wise than the guys who went to the 16. Why do you feel the need to directly compare the WSU to KU? I haven't, I've simply pointed out the excessive turnover rate since Roy left and the fact that the b-ball program (and of course football) violated NCAA rules.

The only thing in the thread "bozo" (good one, by the way) is you berating Self and KU talking about the "revolving door" and "treating his players like meat"...along with your asinine "puppy mill" reference. I asked for examples. I think I've given you logical reasons for each of the KU departures, none if which show Self to be a heartless coach that doesn't care about his players...you've given no one in this thread anything but a good laugh. Thanks for trying.

Braincase
11-02-2006, 04:58 PM
Your Kung Fu is weak.

Now I know who this guy thinks he is...some wannabe refugee from Neff Hall.

ChiefaRoo
05-24-2007, 01:32 AM
I just re-read this thread. Ahh the good old days. Now Turg is a Faggie, WSU has a new Marshall in town and KU is still not winning National titles and squeaking by the Valley or losing in the second round. I know you guys want to talk about Jared Allen or Trent but this was good basketball smack. By the way I'm willing to bet anyone heads up WSU will finish better than their Valley pre-season prediction. Anyone?, skipper, braincase, Saul? :)

Lzen
05-24-2007, 08:20 AM
I just re-read this thread. Ahh the good old days. Now Turg is a Faggie, WSU has a new Marshall in town and KU is still not winning National titles and squeaking by the Valley or losing in the second round. I know you guys want to talk about Jared Allen or Trent but this was good basketball smack. By the way I'm willing to bet anyone heads up WSU will finish better than their Valley pre-season prediction. Anyone?, skipper, braincase, Saul? :)

Ummm....last I checked, KU got to the Elite Eight. While that may not be the ultimate goal of winning a national title, it is a good accomplishment. Remind me again what WSU did this past season. :p

Saulbadguy
05-24-2007, 08:44 AM
WSU = totally irrelevant now.

hawkchief
05-24-2007, 08:51 AM

In other breaking news, Lawrence Tynes was traded to the Giants.

Reerun_KC
05-24-2007, 09:03 AM

BTW, does WSU even know what a National Title in Basketball is?

http://www.frontiernet.net/~rainh2o/bad%20threads/Gay%20Thread%20congrats.jpg

ChiefaRoo
05-24-2007, 09:20 PM

You ought to know all about being irrelevant Saul. Being a KSU fan and all.

ChiefaRoo
05-24-2007, 09:22 PM
Ummm....last I checked, KU got to the Elite Eight. While that may not be the ultimate goal of winning a national title, it is a good accomplishment. Remind me again what WSU did this past season. :p

Yeah, another elite 8 with top level talent. Well done. Lets here you chant it "we're number eight, we're number eight"

BigRock
01-22-2008, 03:09 AM
Say hey, this guy is back in the news again...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3207685

Oregon State dismisses troubled center Giles from team

CORVALLIS, Ore. -- Center C.J. Giles was dismissed from the Oregon State team on Monday, interim coach Kevin Mouton's first day on the job.

No reason was given for the decision, but Giles was benched for the Jan. 3 game against Arizona because he was late more than once for practice.

Giles, who played his high school ball in Seattle, read a statement to the Seattle Times over the telephone on Monday. He said Mouton and athletic director Bob De Carolis told him he was off the team because they wanted a fresh start.

"In the past here I have not been perfect, but I have tried really hard and I have gotten things together academically. I have also accepted responsibility when things have not been perfect," Giles said in the statement posted on the newspaper's Web site.

"This came as a shock to me as no one had addressed this with me or let me know that I had done something that would cause me to be released from the team."

The 6-foot-11 Giles played in 10 games for Oregon State (6-12, 0-6 Pac-10), averaging 6.3 points and 5.6 rebounds. Giles began his collegiate career at Kansas, but was dismissed from that team before the 2006-07 season for what coach Bill Self called "a pattern of irresponsible behavior and disrespect for team rules."

Giles did not play for Oregon State until Dec. 8 because of NCAA transfer rules. He started six of his 10 games.

Mouton took over the Beavers late Sunday after the firing of coach Jay John. John tried to recruit Giles when he was in high school and hoped he could get his career back on track in Corvallis.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

Bump
01-22-2008, 04:01 AM
what a waste

Braincase
01-22-2008, 07:26 AM
what a waste

Indeed. Jiles claims to have gotten his act together, but I guess he didn't get it together enough.