PDA

View Full Version : I'm excited about Wilson at FB

Hoover
10-18-2006, 08:57 AM
While he will never be T-Rich, but he could great in his own way.

True H Backs are hard as hell to defend, especially when matched with a running back like LJ who can catch the ball as well. Wilson could be a better version of Larry Centers.

Anyone else excited?

JBucc
10-18-2006, 08:59 AM
yeah....totally ecstatic

Brock
10-18-2006, 09:00 AM
yay!

FringeNC
10-18-2006, 09:00 AM
I have no confidence in Herm/Solari using him creatively/effectively.

trndobrd
10-18-2006, 09:01 AM
My enthusiasm is tempered by the possibility that our O-line may continue to be "consistent".

Archie Bunker
10-18-2006, 09:03 AM
To be honest I am excited.

I think he can be a legit weapon in the passing game out of the backfield. He might have the best hands on the team and playing FB should allow him to get some favorable matchups against LBs and safetys.

Fire Me Boy!
10-18-2006, 09:03 AM

True H Backs are hard as hell to defend, especially when matched with a running back like LJ who can catch the ball as well. Wilson could be a better version of Larry Centers.

Anyone else excited?
I actually agree with you... Wilson really has shown a fair amount of ability, but for some reason hasn't been able to get on the field. That may be because of his "tweener" status, but yeah I'm kind of excited about seeing him on a consistent basis. Hopefully he'll show us why we spent a second round draft pick on him.

Brock
10-18-2006, 09:08 AM
It's unfortunate that we are forced to unveil Project X before the planned launch in the playoffs.

chagrin
10-18-2006, 09:10 AM
It's unfortunate that we are forced to unveil Project X before the planned launch in the playoffs.

LOL!
discuss

HemiEd
10-18-2006, 09:11 AM
Finally, Kris is getting his shot!

SLAG
10-18-2006, 09:11 AM
I actually agree with you... Wilson really has shown a fair amount of ability, but for some reason hasn't been able to get on the field. That may be because of his "tweener" status, but yeah I'm kind of excited about seeing him on a consistent basis. Hopefully he'll show us why we spent a second round draft pick on him.

I agree with both of you-

Wilson is a great thread and from what we have seen is very physical and can get some good seperation-.

But I do know why we spent a 2nd rounder on him- Tony G is in his 30's and could get hurt at anytime - if we want to stay consistant in the Passing game by using the TE like we do then he was good insurance for Tony G just like LJ was for Holmes

ChiefsFan4Life
10-18-2006, 09:19 AM
Said in Michael Scott's voice:

"SECRET WEAPOOOOOOOOOOON!"

alanm
10-18-2006, 09:22 AM
Can he block?

StcChief
10-18-2006, 09:24 AM
Unveiling the secret weapon vs. Dolts...

hope it doesn't backfire.

Hoover
10-18-2006, 09:34 AM
Can he block?
This is the biggest question. I think he will be fine pass blocking, but I want to know if he can run block. I woudl think he would add a lot of speed when LT runs wide on a sweep.

chappy
10-18-2006, 09:39 AM
When and where was it announced that Wilson will be the Fullback?

Kyle401
10-18-2006, 09:40 AM
This is the biggest question. I think he will be fine pass blocking, but I want to know if he can run block. I woudl think he would add a lot of speed when LT runs wide on a sweep.

Did we trade him to SD or just let him walk? :p

It will be interesting to see what happens with him. I doubt he is in the backfield for more than 50% of the offensive snaps. They'll either motion him into the slot, or just go with a one back set most of the time. He could be a Chris Cooley type of player in the right scheme.

brent102fire
10-18-2006, 09:42 AM
The Almighty King Carl should have pulled the trigger and traded a late draft pick for T-Rich to come back to KC...6th or 7th rounders are hit and miss anyways...mostly miss.

brent102fire
10-18-2006, 09:44 AM
When and where was it announced that Wilson will be the Fullback?

Herm's Press Conference yesterday...

boogblaster
10-18-2006, 10:10 AM
Well he is a better canidate than Dunn..at least Wilson can run fast enough to scatter his own dung...

morphius
10-18-2006, 10:16 AM
If he pulls it off I will be happy, but since Vermeils crew kept talking about him having to block better. Well, I'm not excited about it.

teedubya
10-18-2006, 10:29 AM
DOOOOOOOOoooooooooMED

CoMoChief
10-18-2006, 10:36 AM
Wilson can't block as well as Cruz.

Herm and Solari won't use him effectively.

Our Oline still sucks.

Antonio Gates will murder us again while our whole defense focuses on LT.

SD will kick our ass this SUN. We won't be able to stop 'em, we won't be able to score with them.

PastorMikH
10-18-2006, 11:14 AM
Right now he's probably our best choice at FB. As mentioned, his run blocking may be the biggest weakness for a while. The thought of him and LJ in the backfield spliting to each flat for a pass or the screen to both on different sides of the could cause the D some fits. The D would at least play LJ and Wilson straight up and not send 3 guys on LJ then.

kregger
10-18-2006, 11:56 AM
Well he is a better canidate than Dunn..at least Wilson can run fast enough to scatter his own dung...
Not to mention that he doesn't have waffle irons for hands.

jspchief
10-18-2006, 11:58 AM
I have no confidence in Herm/Solari using him creatively/effectively.Al saunders couldn't find an effective use for him, but Solari and Herm will.... right.

kregger
10-18-2006, 11:58 AM

I hope we shadow his ass with DJ all day long. I think DJ can keep up with him and get a pick if we can pressure Rivers at all.

Mr. Laz
10-18-2006, 12:06 PM
if he can't block .... does it really matter what they do with him?

i mean that's been his problem all along ... he can't block well enough to be considered anything other than another WR

and he's not fast enough to make it as a WR.

:shrug:

Calcountry
10-18-2006, 12:32 PM
We don't have the same scoring capability as the Chicago Defense, so this game looks doubtful.

FringeNC
10-18-2006, 12:37 PM
Al saunders couldn't find an effective use for him, but Solari and Herm will.... right.

Well, this is the first time he will be forced into duty...

He has good hands. Tweener players like him require unpredictability in play-calling to be successful...something sorely lacking thus far.

Calcountry
10-18-2006, 01:48 PM
I think it is hidden deep inside the "secret society" of NFL owners, that the Chiefs are to be a mediocre team until a secret meeting at Hilton's Head S.C. can be assembled to choose the winner.

Frankie
10-18-2006, 03:33 PM

Anyone else excited?
I WAS exited allright.
Do you have a cigaret?

Frankie
10-18-2006, 03:37 PM
Wilson can't block as well as Cruz.

Herm and Solari won't use him effectively.

Our Oline still sucks.

SD will kick our ass this SUN. We won't be able to stop 'em, we won't be able to score with them.
Logical?.... Is that you?
;)

bringbackmarty
10-18-2006, 03:58 PM
if wlson is so damn good, why wasnt he in there to begin with. we need oline help and to spread the offense. we have enough weapons, we need meat. gotta get the meat. meat that can pop the opposing defense in the mouth

Rausch
10-18-2006, 04:00 PM
we have enough weapons, we need meat. gotta get the meat. meat that can pop the opposing defense in the mouth

Frankie
10-18-2006, 04:01 PM
if wlson is so damn good, why wasnt he in there to begin with. we need oline help and to spread the offense. we have enough weapons, we need meat. gotta get the meat. meat that can pop the opposing defense in the mouth
Countdown to the first smart alec reply with the words meat and mouth.

Archie Bunker
10-18-2006, 04:20 PM
This is from Herm's Q & A

Q: So, he’ll be your lead blocker, goal-line…

EDWARDS: “Well, goal-line he could be. We’ve got some other candidates we could put back there. I don’t want to mention who they are yet. Could be a surprise?

Who do you think the surprise could be?

siberian khatru
10-18-2006, 04:22 PM

EDWARDS: “Well, goal-line he could be. We’ve got some other candidates we could put back there. I don’t want to mention who they are yet. Could be a surprise?

Dante

Logical
10-18-2006, 04:44 PM

Anyone else excited?No, not because your concept is flawed, but because if that was going to work out I think we would have already seen it happen.

Hammock Parties
10-18-2006, 04:46 PM
Lead blocker Kendrell Bell! Hell, that's what he does on defense half the time. Crash into the hole and take out the fullback.

Logical
10-18-2006, 04:47 PM
Logical?.... Is that you?
;)Actually I am predicting an upset victory for the Chiefs

Hootie
10-18-2006, 04:57 PM
As much as we diss on Saunders and Vermeil, they knew what they were talking about on offense, and they always saw something in this guy...so I have faith.

RealSNR
10-18-2006, 05:25 PM
Finally, Kris is getting his shot!Actually, that's a screenshot of Sylvester Morris...

CHENZ A!
10-18-2006, 05:33 PM
Lead blocker Kendrell Bell! Hell, that's what he does on defense half the time. Crash into the hole and take out the fullback.

I was thinking right along those same lines. I'd like to see maybe Kawika or Wilkerson in there at FB in goal line situations. The Bucs used to use Sapp at goal line FB or TE, and I believe the Bears have used Urlacher there before too.

L.A. Chieffan
10-18-2006, 05:36 PM
The guy can block. How hard is it to block when youre a FB?
"Kris, you see that guy? That guy right there? HIT HIM AS HARD AS YOU CAN. Repeat".

Wile_E_Coyote
10-19-2006, 07:33 AM

LJ for Bennett

cmh6476
10-19-2006, 08:26 AM
print em

Wile_E_Coyote
10-22-2006, 08:59 AM
fullback in training
http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/players/james_grigsby.jpg

Deberg_1990
10-22-2006, 09:04 AM
Actually I am predicting an upset victory for the Chiefs

Knowing the past few years history of this team and how well we play at Arrowhead at times, it really would not surprise me one bit. Im almost ready to predict one myself and im dead serious.

CupidStunt
10-22-2006, 09:04 AM
If the Chargers win, they better cover the spread or my bets are ****ed and it's a lose-lose Sunday.

hypersensitiveZO6
10-22-2006, 09:08 AM
He could be a solid FB.

Better hands than any of our WRs.

jspchief
10-22-2006, 10:01 AM
He could be a solid FB.

Better hands than any of our WRs.Yea because what this team needs right now is a bunch of pass plays to the FB... not someone who can run block and pass block.

Wilson is a shitty run blocker. He's never really done much pass blocking , so who knows how he'll be at that.

RINGLEADER
10-22-2006, 10:14 AM
I think LJ's problems running the ball are only magnified with this move. I have no confidence that Kris Wilson at FB.

StcChief
10-22-2006, 10:18 AM
LJ can't get outside... until we can establish the run.

You won't keep the D from being 8 in the box.

Pass then run seems tobe the only choice without a very good run game.

Whether it's a pass to LJ, Wilson, TG, Parker, Kennison, Webb, Gardner, Tackle Eligible....

That has to be successfully established

Must take shots down field to get them out of 8 in box.

craneref
10-22-2006, 10:22 AM
I am going to give Kris Wilson a chance at FB, jsut liek I was willing to give Cruz a chance. Let's not forget that no one expected Kimble Anders to turn into one of the best FB's in the league and how many thought the undrafted T-Rich would be a constant pro-bowler. I sure didn't see them the first time they played FB and said "now that guy is going to be a great FB!!" I am not saying that Wilson will be as effective as Anders or T-Rich, but I am not going to say that he won't either. I am hoping the CHIEFS find gold another time at FB!! It wasn't that long ago this board was hevily favoring LJ as a bad pick by the CHIEFS, bu he seems to be working out pretty well. GO CHIEFS.

SPchief
10-22-2006, 10:38 AM
No, not because your concept is flawed, but because if that was going to work out I think we would have already seen it happen.

How can you say its flawed?

Dude its the secret weapon. We've just been waiting for a chance to unveil him.

hypersensitiveZO6
10-22-2006, 10:48 AM
Yea because what this team needs right now is a bunch of pass plays to the FB... not someone who can run block and pass block.

Wilson is a shitty run blocker. He's never really done much pass blocking , so who knows how he'll be at that.

And our offensive line has been doing it's job?

Who knows? At this point, our offense should try anything. I guessing he'll miss blocks today, but we haven't seen enough of him to assume he sucks at blocking.

chiefsfan1963
10-22-2006, 09:58 PM

Anyone else excited?

:clap: