PDA

View Full Version : So No Chiefs In HD This Weekend?

petegz28
10-18-2006, 04:29 PM
Why aren't all the games in HD anyway? CBS sucks at football. I think all of Fox's games are all in HD?

Hootie
10-18-2006, 04:35 PM
Really?! On my TV, the CBS day game is always on HD. According to the maps, it shows that in Central Illinois the Chiefs/Chargers is the game that will be showed...meaning it'll be on my HD channel.

Baby Lee
10-18-2006, 04:38 PM
http://gribblenation.net/nflmaps/07-CBS.gif
Note lack of asterisk

Sure-Oz
10-18-2006, 04:39 PM
well thats shitty, i was lookin forward to watching it on HD, fox always seems to be HD

Hootie
10-18-2006, 04:40 PM
Eh.

I can't complain. I rather watch a non HD Chiefs game on TV than watch it on my computer.

Hootie
10-18-2006, 04:41 PM
I used to go to Buffalo Wild Wings and watch the games, but being the only Chiefs fan I know, and not liking to watch Chiefs games with non-Chiefs fans...I'd go and get ****ing bugged by the waitress the whole friggin' game because she wanted me out of her section so she could make money. I hate that shit. That place was a thousand times cooler before it started with the server bullshit. You used to be able to go to the window, order what you wanted, a food runner would bring it out, and you wouldn't have to tip. I don't mind tipping, and I over-tip if I sit there for hours and my bill is only 10 bucks, but god damnit leave me alone. Especially when the Chiefs are losing.

teedubya
10-18-2006, 04:42 PM
after last weeks debachle, they decided against wasting money on HD for the Chiefs this week.

Baby Lee
10-18-2006, 04:52 PM
I used to go to Buffalo Wild Wings and watch the games, but being the only Chiefs fan I know, and not liking to watch Chiefs games with non-Chiefs fans...I'd go and get ****ing bugged by the waitress the whole friggin' game because she wanted me out of her section so she could make money. I hate that shit. That place was a thousand times cooler before it started with the server bullshit. You used to be able to go to the window, order what you wanted, a food runner would bring it out, and you wouldn't have to tip. I don't mind tipping, and I over-tip if I sit there for hours and my bill is only 10 bucks, but god damnit leave me alone. Especially when the Chiefs are losing.
You're going to the wrong bars. Last game I had to watch out, I got my soda, and never saw the waitress again. Never got my lunch order in. Ended up leaving $3.00 for the soda under the glass about 1/2 after the game was over and walking out.

MichaelH
10-18-2006, 04:53 PM
I can't believe that someone can be upset that the game isn't broadcast in HD. I can't even get the game, period.

Baby Lee
10-18-2006, 04:55 PM
I can't believe that someone can be upset that the game isn't broadcast in HD. I can't even get the game, period.
HD is nice watchin' Can't hep covetin'

MichaelH
10-18-2006, 05:02 PM
HD is nice watchin' Can't hep covetin'

I can understand that. I will be buying one soon, I hope.

It's just kinda sad that we as Americans are so addicted to technology that we would whine about something so petty. I'd just be thrilled to see a Chiefs game on my TV at my house.

DaneMcCloud
10-18-2006, 05:09 PM

It's just kinda sad that we as Americans are so addicted to technology that we would whine about something so petty. I'd just be thrilled to see a Chiefs game on my TV at my house.

NFL Sunday Ticket by Direct TV. Buy it.

noa
10-18-2006, 05:12 PM
I don't understand why CBS doesn't broadcast every game in HD either. Its not for a lack of money. Football is one of the things that is truly worth getting HDTV for. Maybe they are just waiting for someone TV company to strike a promotional deal with them so they can constantly say, 'this game is brought to you in HD by Samsung' or something like that.

Skip Towne
10-18-2006, 05:20 PM
Nobody likes cheap bastards.

Skip Towne
10-18-2006, 05:23 PM

You can have ALL the Chiefs games on your TV at your house. 1 800 DIRECTV.

MichaelH
10-18-2006, 05:41 PM
You can have ALL the Chiefs games on your TV at your house. 1 800 DIRECTV.

At what time should I meet you at my house for the install?
:)

Skip Towne
10-18-2006, 05:44 PM
At what time should I meet you at my house for the install?
:)
I can be there in an hour.

petegz28
10-18-2006, 06:32 PM
I don't understand why CBS doesn't broadcast every game in HD either. Its not for a lack of money. Football is one of the things that is truly worth getting HDTV for. Maybe they are just waiting for someone TV company to strike a promotional deal with them so they can constantly say, 'this game is brought to you in HD by Samsung' or something like that.

Football was the main reason I bought an HDTV

dtebbe
10-18-2006, 06:57 PM

It's more a function of the availability of remote HD production trucks, they are big $$$ and take a while to build, and the only way to justify building one is if it's on the road pretty much every day of the year. There are only so many of them on the road, and many times the networks don't own them, they lease them for the event. I know 2 years ago you really could not get a complete HD remote truck in one 53' trailer, so that made the cost even more. That may have changed by now, since the technology has came so far, with the advent of LCD & plasma monitors. I have a feeling that Fox probably signed multi-year deals with some of the trucks, effectively taking them off the table for CBS to use.

NMT was the pioneer in HD remote trucks, and looking at the NMT website (http://www.nmtv.com/facilities/fac_trucks.asp), they only have six HD trucks. When you consider right now you have NFL, NHL, plus the MLB playoffs going, you can see where the problem is.

DT

HMc
10-18-2006, 10:01 PM
ive asked this before but if you dont get HD do u still get digital widescreen? like SD?

Logical
10-18-2006, 10:51 PM
ive asked this before but if you dont get HD do u still get digital widescreen? like SD?I get Digital Widescreen all the time, in all honesty I do not see the big deal about HD

HMc
10-18-2006, 10:54 PM
yeah if you can get widescreen SD then not havin HD aint that big a deal imo

ChiefFan31
10-19-2006, 02:03 AM

I feel your pain, I moved into a new place this offseason and I am not able to get a D* signal. First time in quite a few years that every Chiefs game hasnt been piped into my TV.

However, I am pissed that this game is not in HD. Its the first game I will get to watch all season at home, and I got a new HDTV a couple of weeks ago. Its a crock of shit IMO.