PDA

View Full Version : Are We Heading Back To The 90's

PinkFloyd
10-18-2006, 04:56 PM
What's wrong with the Chiefs ? Why can't this organization spend the mola to get a "complete" team ? With our history, it's either no offense and all defense or no defense and all offense... The 90's saw the top rated defense and an offense that was capable of scoring just enough points to squeak by --- or getting their asses kicked...

Now today --- the defense is improving and the offense is starting to stall... With Trent Green coming back --- whenever that is --- will that improve the offense ?? Do we really miss Holmes running the ball ?? Is LJ having the sophomore jinx ?? Or is the offense taking a dive due to Saunders departing ??

I'm 41 years old, and I'm pretty convinced that I will never see another Chiefs team win the Super Bowl... If they do, I'll probably be in a nursing home with "old-timers" and not even have a fricking clue that they won !!

So people -- other than using Herm as an excuse --- what's the problem ?? Oh; and you can't include Carl "It's Allllllll My Money" Peterson...

With not being able to use those two reason's, this might not have much a discussion...

Baby Lee
10-18-2006, 04:58 PM
What's wrong with the Chiefs ? Why can't this organization spend the mola to get a "complete" team ? With our history, it's either no offense and all defense or no defense and all offense... The 90's saw the top rated defense and an offense that was capable of scoring just enough points to squeak by --- or getting their asses kicked...

Now today --- the defense is improving and the offense is starting to stall... With Trent Green coming back --- whenever that is --- will that improve the offense ?? Do we really miss Holmes running the ball ?? Is LJ having the sophomore jinx ?? Or is the offense taking a dive due to Saunders departing ??

I'm 41 years old, and I'm pretty convinced that I will never see another Chiefs team win the Super Bowl... If they do, I'll probably be in a nursing home with "old-timers" and not even have a fricking clue that they won !!

So people -- other than using Herm as an excuse --- what's the problem ?? Oh; and you can't include Carl "It's Allllllll My Money" Peterson...

With not being able to use those two reason's, this might not have much a discussion...
Said it the instant the news broke, Roaf fooked us, with no vaseline, just a match and little bit of gasoline.
Green out isn't much of a help, either.

bushmaster
10-18-2006, 04:59 PM
our drafts have sucked.

Dark Horse
10-18-2006, 05:00 PM

All in all your just another brick in the wall.

Deberg_1990
10-18-2006, 05:02 PM
Whats the one common denominator in the 90's and 2000's....

Carl Peterson. Nuff said.

Crashride
10-18-2006, 05:03 PM
Actually the NFL is rigged, they know who is going to win the superbowl and or be successful before the season starts. They decide who is going to win each week by means of rock paper scissors. Carl just happens to be on a loosing streak.

Easy 6
10-18-2006, 05:05 PM
With Trent back in a week or 2, Welbourne returning, Turley healthy for atleast awhile and the belief that Solari will get more creative with Green back i dont think the O will fall off the map just yet.

MichaelH
10-18-2006, 05:09 PM
I am convinced that no matter who the head coach, OC or DC is, that Carl Peterson is the only reason why the Chiefs will never make it through the playoffs.

milkman
10-18-2006, 05:16 PM
The problem, as I see it, is that Carl has given his coaching staffs far to much voice in player evaluation and talent.

In the Martyocre years, the defnsive drafts were fairly solid, but he and his offensive staffs were terrible at evaluating offensive talent.

When Gunt was HC, well, that was two years lost.

In Dick's tenure, the draft was a hit and miss proposition.

The one area that we've had consistently done well in is the later rounds, where we seem to always find unexpected gems.

IMO, the coach and his staff should have a smaller voice, and Chuck Cook's input should be given far more weight in the early rounds.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-18-2006, 05:20 PM
Because we have no concept of how to field a complete team, and the players that we do have don't fit our current scheme (look at our defense right now...it should be setup like the Chiefs D of the 1990's in scheme and design, but instead Herm wants it to be a Tampa clone and we don't have the safeties or the DTs for that scheme)

Carl is a lot of, but who is the dumb sonofabitch who keeps Carl on...Lamar. He's a great guy, but he doesn't really seem to have the vision or drive to run an NFL franchise anymore. He collects his millions off of it and he's content with that. It's a long way from the days when he was content to lose a $1 million a year and blow it off with "I can run this team for another 100 years at this pace).

djrcmay
10-18-2006, 05:52 PM
im afraid its the 80's

Skip Towne
10-18-2006, 05:59 PM
The problem, as I see it, is that Carl has given his coaching staffs far to much voice in player evaluation and talent.

In the Martyocre years, the defnsive drafts were fairly solid, but he and his offensive staffs were terrible at evaluating offensive talent.

When Gunt was HC, well, that was two years lost.

In Dick's tenure, the draft was a hit and miss proposition.

The one area that we've had consistently done well in is the later rounds, where we seem to always find unexpected gems.

IMO, the coach and his staff should have a smaller voice, and Chuck Cook's input should be given far more weight in the early rounds.The way I understood it, Marty had a long running fued with Carl over control of personnel decisions. It was a power struggle Marty lost so he left.

KC Jones
10-18-2006, 06:08 PM
If by 90's you mean 90-97 where we made the playoffs several times and even the AFC championshiip once....

no. :banghead:

Crashride
10-18-2006, 06:10 PM
I think this is what Herm is trying to do, make a balanced team. What were seeing is the team and franchise reacting to it. All that happened was we saw what the chiefs are capable of in the 49ers and cardinals game and we got all happy and expected that all year this early. Realisticaly we might not see that for another 2 years minimum. We have to be patient, teams cant reconstruct as quickly as we would like.

HemiEd
10-18-2006, 06:14 PM
The way I understood it, Marty had a long running fued with Carl over control of personnel decisions. It was a power struggle Marty lost so he left.

I thought "real Deal's" girlfriend was the reason Marty left.

CoMoChief
10-18-2006, 06:27 PM
Carl needs to go, end of story. This team is bombarded with FA screw ups and draft busts.

For every Will Shields, Priest Holmes, TG, LJ, there is a Ryan Sims, Jr Siavii, Trezelle Jenkins, Bam Morris, Greg Hill, Todd Blackledge, and the list of **** ups goes on and on.

He's the longest tenured GM in all of pro sports. To have been the GM for a team that has no championships (or even a single SB appearance) in 18 yrs is rediculous. Not to mention the Chiefs havent been in the playoffs but only 2 times in the last decade. Carl needs to go and Lamar obviously believes in the good ol boy system and won't fire him because he still fills the seats and until he doesnt he will be the GM on his terms.

I think its retarded that so many on here whine bitch and moan about ESPN and other sporting networks not giving the Chiefs any props. Well shit we havent done anything to deserve any recognition. 2 playoff appearances in a decade is nothing to be proud of. The Chiefs are extremely a mediocre football team. They do enough to not suck but do good enough to give fans enough hope that they will pay out the ass for season tickets constantly season after season.

milkman
10-18-2006, 06:46 PM
The way I understood it, Marty had a long running fued with Carl over control of personnel decisions. It was a power struggle Marty lost so he left.

I'm familiar with that speculation, and I don't doubt it.

We do know that Carl doesn't always accede to his coach's choice, and I would imagine there were a couple of instances that Marty felt strongly enough that he wanted to be the guy with the final choice.

HemiEd
10-18-2006, 06:55 PM
Carl needs to go.....For every Will Shields, Priest Holmes, TG, LJ, there is a Ryan Sims, Jr Siavii, Trezelle Jenkins, Bam Morris, Greg Hill, Todd Blackledge, and the list of **** ups goes on and on.

ROFL ROFL

PinkFloyd
10-18-2006, 07:23 PM
Carl needs to go, end of story. This team is bombarded with FA screw ups and draft busts.

For every Will Shields, Priest Holmes, TG, LJ, there is a Ryan Sims, Jr Siavii, Trezelle Jenkins, Bam Morris, Greg Hill, Todd Blackledge, and the list of **** ups goes on and on.

He's the longest tenured GM in all of pro sports. To have been the GM for a team that has no championships (or even a single SB appearance) in 18 yrs is rediculous. Not to mention the Chiefs havent been in the playoffs but only 2 times in the last decade. Carl needs to go and Lamar obviously believes in the good ol boy system and won't fire him because he still fills the seats and until he doesnt he will be the GM on his terms.

I think its retarded that so many on here whine bitch and moan about ESPN and other sporting networks not giving the Chiefs any props. Well shit we havent done anything to deserve any recognition. 2 playoff appearances in a decade is nothing to be proud of. The Chiefs are extremely a mediocre football team. They do enough to not suck but do good enough to give fans enough hope that they will pay out the ass for season tickets constantly season after season.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

nomad
10-18-2006, 07:48 PM
The reason this org is where it is:

1. Clearly this team has not drafted well in decades.
2. Forfeit of high draft picks due to malfeasance (Vermeil hiring).
3. Carls hiring practices and his coaching firing practices.
4. Absentee ownership.

This organization doesn't deserve the fans it has....

Thig Lyfe
10-18-2006, 07:49 PM
Yep.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/3/3d/Mchammer.gif

stevieray
10-18-2006, 08:03 PM
4. Absentee ownership.

I feel this is the biggest mitigating factor, but only from a human nature standpoint.

Ultra Peanut
10-18-2006, 08:40 PM
http://steamsteamlol.ytmnd.com/

Running in the nineties
Is a new way I like to be
I'm just running in the nineties
Come on baby run to me
We are running in the nineties
Is a new way to set me free
I'm just running in the nineties
Yes I wanna know, yes I wanna see

Halfcan
10-18-2006, 10:11 PM
90's I hope not, the music sucked ballz.

10-18-2006, 10:15 PM
Look at it this way, by the time we finally get to a Superbowl, we at least will be fan favorites by default. Everybody seems to love the teams that rarely ever get there.

kcxiv
10-18-2006, 10:32 PM
Someone on a different message board brought up some stats, and the only worse organizations then us were, The Lions, Cardinals, and ths Saints, yep, we are in that category? shitty huh?

Halfcan
10-18-2006, 10:33 PM
We need a new GM-that is where it starts. Too many bad FA picks, poor coaches, bust draft picks-Adios F#ckhead!

10-18-2006, 10:36 PM
We need a new GM-that is where it starts. Too many bad FA picks, poor coaches, bust draft picks-Adios F#ckhead!

Well, we could have Matt Millen.

kcxiv
10-18-2006, 10:38 PM
Since the Chiefs won the Super Bowl in Jan. 1970 they have had a total of 13 playoff game appearances and 3 playoff wins. We are near the bottom in both categories. Teams like Tampa who in 1976 went 0-14 has had more playoff wins, The Browns and Bungles have had more playoff wins. Expansion teams like Carolina and Jacksonville have had more playoff wins. Most teams have gotten into at least 1 Super Bowl since we were last there. The team we beat in Super bowl IV, the Vikings, managed to recover and make an additional 38 playoff game appearances. What the hell happened?

Folks, we are only slightly above the Saints, Lions, Cardinals and Texans in playoff futility (Can we throw out the texans who haven't been in the league that long?). Is it little wonder that some folks on the board are getting frustrated already after 5 games? It just feels like more of the same old stuff. I would love to bury my head in the sand and say we have a shot at the Super Bowl every year. I stopped doing that after about 30 seasons had passed. I love the Chiefs. They are my team and I support them no matter what. But I have to come to grips with the fact we are not an elite program and have not been for some time. Far from it...we are right there with the Saints, Lions and Cardinals of the NFL and it stinks..
Thats a post from Dhitter over at coalition,. when i read that, i was like wow, I didnt think the Chiefs organization was that bad.

10-18-2006, 10:46 PM
Thats a post from Dhitter over at coalition,. when i read that, i was like wow, I didnt think the Chiefs organization was that bad.

That was pretty telling. WOW!

We really do suck.

Simplex3
10-18-2006, 11:47 PM
Oh no, we suck again! [/Rob Schneider]

Here's the truth. Nobody is going to want to hear it. If you're easily offended then stop reading here and move on.

Every one of you who goes to the games, buys jerseys, voted for the stadium renovations and otherwise spends your money on this turd of a team is the root problem. That's right, I said it. We, the fans, are the problem. You want to get Lamar's attention? Hit him in the one place he gives a s**t about, his bank account. Right now he keeps fielding a turd and you keep making him rich.

stumppy
10-18-2006, 11:58 PM

I think I'll go ahead cut myself a few times now.

Yes, that will take the pain away. Just a few cuts along my wrists.:banghead:

Good lord, never really stopped and thought about it that way. That information could make the average fan spiral down into a deep depression.

kcxiv
10-19-2006, 12:05 AM
I think I'll go ahead cut myself a few times now.

Yes, that will take the pain away. Just a few cuts along my wrists.:banghead:

Good lord, never really stopped and thought about it that way. That information could make the average fan spiral down into a deep depression.
Yep, Cold hard Facts really make you see the truth.

stumppy
10-19-2006, 12:26 AM
Yep, Cold hard Facts really make you see the truth.

Yea, it's kinda like.......well......like when you were a kid and first realized you and your family were "the poor family " in the neighborhood.

Simplex3
10-19-2006, 12:34 AM
Yea, it's kinda like.......well......like when you were a kid and first realized you and your family were "the poor family " in the neighborhood.
Your parents sold one of your kidneys too?

stumppy
10-19-2006, 01:11 AM
Your parents sold one of your kidneys too?

Yup, mom bought some vodka for herself and her damn boyfriend bought an extra eatin tooth with the money. It was gold and all fancy. He thought he was sooooooo slick when he had it in. Me and my brother got him though. Took that tooth one night while he was asleep and drilled a couple holes in it at just the right angle so that anytime he took a breath or let it out while he had the tooth in it would whistle. It was pretty funny. Well, it was until this one guy started beating him up because he thought he was whistling at his girl and accidently killed him. Oh the memories. Those were good times, no matter how poor we were.

PinkFloyd
10-19-2006, 07:08 PM
Oh no, we suck again! [/Rob Schneider]

Here's the truth. Nobody is going to want to hear it. If you're easily offended then stop reading here and move on.

Every one of you who goes to the games, buys jerseys, voted for the stadium renovations and otherwise spends your money on this turd of a team is the root problem. That's right, I said it. We, the fans, are the problem. You want to get Lamar's attention? Hit him in the one place he gives a s**t about, his bank account. Right now he keeps fielding a turd and you keep (providing the toilet paper that keeps) -making him rich.

YEPPERS !!!!!