PDA

View Full Version : I got my apartment!!!

luv
10-19-2006, 12:03 AM
I have been apartment hunting for the past month or so. There was one complex that I was especially interested in that was supposed to call me if they had one come open for the time I was looking for. They called today and told me of a couple of apartments they had come open, but they were just out of my price range. He called me back 30 minutes later and said they had someone give notice for the type of apartment I was looking for. Within an hour and a half of receiving that call, I went to view a similar apartment, check out some of the amenities, and put down my deposit.

I hate apartment hunting, so it just feels like a huge burden has been lifted. I'm just so excited that everything worked out before I had to give notice where I'm at. I can't wait to move (well, be moved)!!!

Simplex3
10-19-2006, 12:05 AM
Renting sucks. Why don't you just live in your car and burn $500 in cash every month to stay warm? You'd save money.

luv
10-19-2006, 12:07 AM
Renting sucks. Why don't you just live in your car and burn $500 in cash every month to stay warm? You'd save money.
I'm perfectly content in renting until I get married.

Simplex3
10-19-2006, 12:08 AM
Yeah right. Spinster.

;)

SPchief
10-19-2006, 12:26 AM
What apartments?

And I'm with Simplex, I bought my first house 3 months ago and it is much more rewarding paying a mortgage rather than paying rent.

luv
10-19-2006, 12:28 AM
What apartments?

And I'm with Simplex, I bought my first house 3 months ago and it is much more rewarding paying a mortgage rather than paying rent.
Across from the Library Center on South Campbell (just south of the freeway). I work in Nixa, but want to live in Springfield, so they're in the perfect location for me.

SPchief
10-19-2006, 12:32 AM
I know the place, decent apartments. But fwiw pretty pricey for a place so far out of town. I know its a good region for you, but you could buy a house on the other side of the highway for around what I'm guessing you are paying for rent.

luv
10-19-2006, 12:36 AM
I know the place, decent apartments. But fwiw pretty pricey for a place so far out of town. I know its a good region for you, but you could buy a house on the other side of the highway for around what I'm guessing you are paying for rent.
My rent includes:
Cable
HBO
High Speed Wireless Internet
Water
Sewer
Trash
If something breaks, they fix it.
They have landscapers who mow the grass.

If you take all of that and add it to the cost of a house payment, I wouldn't be able to afford a very decent house. And if it's not halfway decent, then that's just more than I'd be spending on repairs.

I'm content with renting until there is another source of income.

Simplex3
10-19-2006, 12:37 AM
You're finally going to start hooking on the side?

10-19-2006, 12:37 AM
What is your rent per month with all that?

luv
10-19-2006, 12:38 AM
$520

10-19-2006, 12:39 AM
$520
One or two bedroom?

luv
10-19-2006, 12:40 AM
You're finally going to start hooking on the side?
I'd need a pimp. He'd take all my money.

luv
One or two bedroom?
One. 755 sq ft.

Simplex3
S**t. You'd have $20 to spare in case it got really cold and you wanted to the fire to be a little higher. That living in the car idea has more merit than you think.

Simplex3
10-19-2006, 12:41 AM
I'd need a pimp. He'd take all my money.
The hell I would. I only take 45%.

luv
S**t. You'd have $20 to spare in case it got really cold and you wanted to the fire to be a little higher. That living in the car idea has more merit than you think.
I did it for a week once. Not good on the back.

One. 755 sq ft.

Might be a little high for a single but it is still not TOO bad.

luv
10-19-2006, 12:42 AM
The hell I would. I only take 45%.
And what is the going rate per trick?

SLAG
10-19-2006, 12:42 AM
I did it for a week once. Not good on the back.

with the extra money
Get a pick up with a topper or a SUV that you can lay the seats down throw a matress in the back

:thumb:

greg63
10-19-2006, 12:43 AM
Congrats luv.

stumppy
$520

Thats not too bad for what you're getting and where it's at.
One of my brothers bought a house not to far from there on Weaver rd. about 18 yrs ago. Always liked the area.

Simplex3
And what is the going rate per trick?
Depends on the clientele. We'd have to work you for a while to get the high class ones built up. You'd probably wind up pulling a few Slags in the short term.

luv
10-19-2006, 12:44 AM
Might be a little high for a single but it is still not TOO bad.
They're about 5 years old. The apartment I live in now provides basically the same thing, 1 BR, 750 sq ft, 2 years old, and it's renting for $575. I pay $495. They're raising my rent to ONLY $550 since I am already a tenant when I renew my lease. Um...I don't think so!

luv
10-19-2006, 12:47 AM
Thats not too bad for what you're getting and where it's at.
One of my brothers bought a house not to far from there on Weaver rd. about 18 yrs ago. Always liked the area.
And there's a light at Campbell. Thank goodness! Right now, I'm having to get out on Republic Rd. Not too much traffic this far west....YET. Takes a few minutes sometimes though.

Demonpenz
10-19-2006, 12:50 AM
good access to bass pro shop and st johns

luv
10-19-2006, 12:52 AM
good access to bass pro shop and st johns
I'm about 25 blocks south of Bass Pro. And Cox South is MUCH closer than St John's. However, my new insurance is St Johns affiliated, so I won't be going to Cox as much.

stumppy
10-19-2006, 12:54 AM
And there's a light at Campbell. Thank goodness! Right now, I'm having to get out on Republic Rd. Not too much traffic this far west....YET. Takes a few minutes sometimes though.

Yea, wrong time of the day having to go to Republic Rd. and deal with the traffic can turn into a real pain.

Hey...come to think of it, you're going to be where the old Wet Willy's was aren't you ? Or close to it.

Do you have a pool at the new place. Might be the perfect spot to invite evryone on the planet over next year for the 1st game of the season.:D

luv
10-19-2006, 12:56 AM
Yea, wrong time of the day having to go to Republic Rd. and deal with the traffic can turn into a real pain.

Hey...come to think of it, you're going to be where the old Wet Willy's was aren't you ? Or close to it.

Do you have a pool at the new place. Might be the perfect spot to invite evryone on the planet over next year for the 1st game of the season.:D
Yep, that's where I'm at (or where I'll be, rather). And I didn't use the pool here, so I doubt I'll use the new one.

ChiefFan31
10-19-2006, 01:58 AM
$520

Damn that is cheap. Good square footage too.

Congrats on getting your new apt. Couldnt help but to know you were looking, just from being around the boards :p

Worth it, IMO to wait and get the one you really wanted. Especially since you were in the postion where you could wait.

chagrin
10-19-2006, 05:34 AM
Heck, yuo should move to Central Florida, we could find you an awesome 1 bedroom, about the same saize as that one - now mind you, they won't pay for all the same stuff your landlords do, but the price will only be a mere 950 dollars. Whaddaya think?

burt
10-19-2006, 09:10 AM
I'm about 25 blocks south of Bass Pro. And Cox South is MUCH closer than St John's. However, my new insurance is St Johns affiliated, so I won't be going to Cox as much.

We used to live in the Springfield area....the whole time we lived their, my wife loved Cox.......

Saulbadguy
10-19-2006, 09:21 AM
My rent includes:
Cable
HBO
High Speed Wireless Internet
Water
Sewer
Trash
If something breaks, they fix it.
They have landscapers who mow the grass.

If you take all of that and add it to the cost of a house payment, I wouldn't be able to afford a very decent house. And if it's not halfway decent, then that's just more than I'd be spending on repairs.

I bought a condo 4 years ago, it is 980 sq ft. My house payment PLUS my Home Owners association fee is $501, total.

That pays for cable, water, sewer, trash, landscaping, and any external repairs. The only thing i've ever had a problem with was the air conditioner, and that was an inexpensive repair.

ChiefsOne
10-19-2006, 09:28 AM
Across from the Library Center on South Campbell (just south of the freeway). I work in Nixa, but want to live in Springfield, so they're in the perfect location for me.

Not really, I live in Springfield and work in Nixa about 15 minute drive. From those apartments to Illusions it will take you less than 5 minutes.

My daughter looked at those apartments, really nice if they are the ones behind Tasia. She didn't get one there, she moved out on Republic Road, they had one month free and were brand new, so she choose the free month. Very nice but expensive.

ChiefsOne
10-19-2006, 09:37 AM
We used to live in the Springfield area....the whole time we lived their, my wife loved Cox.......

Well my wife work for Cox!

luv
10-19-2006, 10:18 AM
Not really, I live in Springfield and work in Nixa about 15 minute drive. From those apartments to Illusions it will take you less than 5 minutes.

My daughter looked at those apartments, really nice if they are the ones behind Tasia. She didn't get one there, she moved out on Republic Road, they had one month free and were brand new, so she choose the free month. Very nice but expensive.
That sounds exactly like what I did two years ago. I looked at the ones I'm moving to and the one I'm in now (just off west Republic Rd). These included cable where those did not, at the time, and my first month's rent was free. I don't dislike these apartments, except for the parking when I get home from wor at 12:30AM), but I'm not wanting to pay what they're jacking the price up to. I'm saving $30 a month, plus I'll be half the distance to work than where I'm ay now.

luv
10-19-2006, 10:21 AM
I bought a condo 4 years ago, it is 980 sq ft. My house payment PLUS my Home Owners association fee is $501, total.

That pays for cable, water, sewer, trash, landscaping, and any external repairs. The only thing i've ever had a problem with was the air conditioner, and that was an inexpensive repair.
I don't know of any condos like that in Springfield. I think they may have some in Branson. I really would love to buy a house. I'm perfectly capable of mowing and weedeating my own yard. In buying a house, though, I would have all of the other expenses listed on top of my house payment.

Saulbadguy
10-19-2006, 11:17 AM
I don't know of any condos like that in Springfield. I think they may have some in Branson. I really would love to buy a house. I'm perfectly capable of mowing and weedeating my own yard. In buying a house, though, I would have all of the other expenses listed on top of my house payment.
I'd be very surprised if they didn't have townhomes/condos.

I want a house too, but i'm not ready for the expenses that come with a house. That is why buying a condo made sense - it beats the hell out of renting in terms of what you get for your money, all the big things are covered in terms of what "may go wrong...", and you get EQUITY.

sedated
10-19-2006, 02:01 PM

yeah, but you have to live in a shit-hole like Manhattan.

DMAC
10-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Are they next to that belgian waffle house luv?

Halfcan
10-19-2006, 02:49 PM

I don't think Moo and his old lady are ready to settle down just yet-lol

sorry couldn't resist. Congrats on the apartment-when is the moving in party??

luv
10-19-2006, 11:59 PM
Are they next to that belgian waffle house luv?
Yep.

BucEyedPea
10-20-2006, 04:09 AM
Ahhh yes! A husband, no doubt.

Saulbadguy
10-20-2006, 05:27 AM
yeah, but you have to live in a shit-hole like Manhattan.
Manhattan is expensive. College town.

I live in a shithole like Topeka.