PDA

View Full Version : The unthinkable

booyaf2
10-19-2006, 12:41 PM
I know I know, I shouldn't have, but I was reading over at the Star's forum, and some sincere guy posted that Trent will be retiring within the next few weeks. Hopefully its BS, but I thought I'd share. Here's his opening post.

okay, so i am in utter shock. but i have heard from a very reliable source that trent green will be retiring within the next couple weeks. He has internal bleeding in his brain. The information has not been released to the media yet because of certain obligations the team has to Trent Green. I am a die hard fan and have been to every game for the last 10 years and i would not be putting this up if i did know if it was true. I was so sad when i heard this and i really hope its not true. If you dont want to believe me that is your decision. I am not trying to stir the pot or make up ####, this is what i heard and i thought i should let my fellow fans know. Please respond and tell me what you think of this. Once again i hope this is not true but i would not be putting it up here if i did think it was not.

ChiefsFan4Life
10-19-2006, 12:43 PM
My source said that he's being fed through a tube right now (the tube is hidden in his clothes when he's on the sidelines for the games)

KcMizzou
10-19-2006, 12:43 PM
If you dont want to believe me that is your decision.
I'll take you up on that, Mr. Random Dude from another message board.

SPchief
10-19-2006, 12:45 PM
And if you show up next to the George Brett statue, wearing a red bikini, Trent will meet you there and tell you its true.

KcMizzou
10-19-2006, 12:46 PM
And if you show up next to the George Brett statue, wearing a red bikini, Trent will meet you there and tell you its true.I'm on it!

siberian khatru
10-19-2006, 12:47 PM
http://temp.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1350

ESPN's John Clayton reports Trent Green (out, concussion) could return to practice next week and might be able to play by Week 9.

:shrug:

Brock
10-19-2006, 12:47 PM
:shake: Just stop.

PastorMikH
10-19-2006, 12:52 PM
OK, The Star is less believable that ProFootballTalk.com If you read it on the Star BB, count on the opposite happening.

tk13
10-19-2006, 12:54 PM
Trent's family is meeting as we speak to decide whether Trent's head should be frozen.

el borracho
10-19-2006, 12:54 PM
Word is that Trent was taken out for knowing too much. That guy on the sidelines is just a Disney animatronic replica similar to the one that replaced Bob Barker in 1973.

el borracho
10-19-2006, 12:56 PM
Trent and Priest will soon board the ship to leave Middle Earth forever.

el borracho
10-19-2006, 12:57 PM
Trent and his family are going to join Marilyn and Elvis on the secret island in the Bermuda Triangle. Only top CIA agents and George Bush know the exact location.

Baby Lee
10-19-2006, 12:57 PM
I'll take you up on that, Mr. Random Dude from another message board.
http://www.projo.com/blogs/shenews/photos/bickler.jpg
He's sayin' random shit!!!!

J Diddy
10-19-2006, 12:58 PM
Trent's family is meeting as we speak to decide whether Trent's head should be frozen.

Um no, it can't be frozen. How will we see trent greens head on futurama

noa
10-19-2006, 12:59 PM
The Trent that we see on the sidelines is really just a holographic projection generated by Rich Scanlon's battle meditation, but as Scanlon has been injured, his powers have been ever so slightly diminished. Scanlon doesn't think he can keep it up much longer while also trying to turn the team around, so he has been posting on the internet to prepare us for the truth -- that Trent Green will never be seen again.

siberian khatru
In a related note, I just sent the former Grand Vizier of Malawi my bank account number so he can deposit $3 million of his personal fortune there as he leaves the country. We're gonna split the loot -- and I'm gonna be rich!

Amazing what can happen when you answer unsolicited e-mails. I love the Internet!

Halfcan
Interesting that he said Trent had "bleeding on the brain" because that is exactly what I posted 3 weeks ago. I think that might have been an initial problem when he was in the hospitol-but if it was still true as this guy suggest-he would not be up and around.

I doubt that TG will retire, but I think his injury was alot more serious than what the media outlets have let on.

Baby Lee
10-19-2006, 01:00 PM
Trent and Priest will soon board the ship to leave Middle Earth forever.
Trent and Priest are on their way to the tri-annual meeting at a secret country mansion in Colorado, known as The Meadows.

Eleazar
10-19-2006, 01:03 PM
Whatever moron posted it on the Star BB probably heard it here via Halfcan's sister's aunt's sister's left nut or whatever.

KcMizzou
10-19-2006, 01:03 PM
Interesting that he said Trent had "bleeding on the brain" because that is exactly what I posted 3 weeks ago. You are teh genious!

el borracho
10-19-2006, 01:04 PM
Trent and Priest are on their way to the tri-annual meeting at a secret country mansion in Colorado, known as The Meadows.
I forget who's picking them up. Is it Air Force One or Hagrid?

Eleazar
10-19-2006, 01:05 PM

Who is going to replace Trent when he goes tits-up?

PastorMikH
10-19-2006, 01:07 PM
The Trent that we see on the sidelines is really just a holographic projection generated by Rich Scanlon's battle meditation, but as Scanlon has been injured, his powers have been ever so slightly diminished. Scanlon doesn't think he can keep it up much longer while also trying to turn the team around, so he has been posting on the internet to prepare us for the truth -- that Trent Green will never be seen again.

If Rich Scanlon is so great, why doesn't he project a holograph of Trent out on the field instead of on the sidelines????

While he's at it, he could also project Willie Roaf out there. And say, while we are at it, he could also project an image of Priest on the sidelines suited up and ready to go in - That should tick LJ off and get him running mad again.

:)

noa
10-19-2006, 01:07 PM

Word is that we're evaluating all grocery baggers in Iowa.

KcMizzou
10-19-2006, 01:08 PM
Word is that we're evaluating all grocery baggers in Iowa.Nice LMAO

Halfcan
10-19-2006, 01:10 PM
Whatever moron posted it on the Star BB probably heard it here via Halfcan's sister's aunt's sister's left nut or whatever.

and he is just now posting it??

It was my Friends Mom BTW-and obviously the thread was on target since TG is still not even practicing.

Everything I have heard from Trent in interviews lately, points to him wanting to come back and play this year-why he is not practicing could be because the Dr.s don't want the liability when they give him the okay-or it could just mean he is still getting headaches and wants to take things slow??

If I hear anything else I will let you guys know.

Halfcan
10-19-2006, 01:14 PM
You are teh genious!

Yep-I knew I was going to get a lot of shit posting hearsay-but to this point it seems that TG was hurt worse than what was disclosed.

I wonder where the guy heard bleeding on the brain?

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-19-2006, 01:16 PM
I told you guys he was permanently retarted. You can tell just by the look on his face. I hope Geathers gets , well ..... you know.

tk13
10-19-2006, 01:16 PM
Word is that we're evaluating all grocery baggers in Iowa.
That was in Herm's press conference today.

HERM: You see, we just don't know when Trent's going to be back. But at the end of the day, you have to have a backup plan. So we all hopped on a bus, me, Carl, and Bill Kuharich, and we've been checking out grocery baggers in Iowa. We went up there to the Hy-Vee. It's like chasing chickens. Sometimes you get the chicken, sometimes the chicken gets you. But we usually have them throw lettuce across the produce aisle. But that isn't everything, cause last time I checked, lettuce isn't a football. You don't see Tom Brady dropping back every Sunday and throwing lettuce around the football field. You have to throw a football, so we'll have them do that.

SPchief
10-19-2006, 01:18 PM

HERM: You see, we just don't know when Trent's going to be back. But at the end of the day, you have to have a backup plan. So we all hopped on a bus, me, Carl, and Bill Kuharich, and we've been checking out grocery baggers in Iowa. We went up there to the Hy-Vee. It's like chasing chickens. Sometimes you get the chicken, sometimes the chicken gets you. But we usually have them throw lettuce across the produce aisle. But that isn't everything, cause last time I checked, lettuce isn't a football. You don't see Tom Brady dropping back every Sunday and throwing lettuce around the football field. You have to throw a football, so we'll have them do that.

LMAO

Hammock Parties
10-19-2006, 01:19 PM
I hear Trent is eating solid food now. He's still struggling with putting the square block in the round hole.

Halfcan
10-19-2006, 01:23 PM
I hear Trent is eating solid food now. He's still struggling with putting the square block in the round hole.

Our best player gets the shit knocked out of him on a cheapshot, has missed a ton of games-and you guys make jokes about his head trauma like it was no big deal??

Archie Bunker
10-19-2006, 01:24 PM
Why would he be standing in harms way every Sunday, trying to help to offense, if this was the case?

KcMizzou
10-19-2006, 01:25 PM
Our best player gets the shit knocked out of him on a cheapshot, has missed a ton of games-and you guys make jokes about his head trauma like it was no big deal??Pretty much

Halfcan
10-19-2006, 01:26 PM
People thought PH would be back too.

SPchief
10-19-2006, 01:27 PM
Our best player gets the shit knocked out of him on a cheapshot, has missed a ton of games-and you guys make jokes about his head trauma like it was no big deal??

Are you new here?

Hammock Parties
10-19-2006, 01:27 PM

You racist?

ptlyon
10-19-2006, 01:30 PM
or it could just mean he is still getting headaches and wants to take things slow??

That's what she said.

Halfcan
10-19-2006, 01:31 PM
racist?? yep I hate white folk

Dartgod
10-19-2006, 01:32 PM
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Trent pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

tk13
10-19-2006, 01:32 PM
People thought PH would be back too.
The rumors were that Trent was going to retire when he had that stent put in his leg last year too. Works both ways.

Calcountry
10-19-2006, 01:35 PM
and he is just now posting it??

It was my Friends Mom BTW-and obviously the thread was on target since TG is still not even practicing.

Everything I have heard from Trent in interviews lately, points to him wanting to come back and play this year-why he is not practicing could be because the Dr.s don't want the liability when they give him the okay-or it could just mean he is still getting headaches and wants to take things slow??

If I hear anything else I will let you guys know.Doctors would be that way regardless of whether or not you were an NFL QB with a head trauma.

Halfcan
10-19-2006, 01:37 PM
The rumors were that Trent was going to retire when he had that stent put in his leg last year too. Works both ways.

That is true-but now folks act like it was just a little bump on the head-and if anyone dares post something different-they get a bunch of shit??

noa
10-19-2006, 01:40 PM
That is true-but now folks act like it was just a little bump on the head-and if anyone dares post something different-they get a bunch of shit??

No one is saying that Trent's injury is minor. We are just skeptical of sources like your mom's friend or the KC Star board.

Halfcan
10-19-2006, 01:42 PM
Doctors would be that way regardless of whether or not you were an NFL QB with a head trauma.

Yep-so maybe its the doctors not wanting to release him to practice. Tg looks like he is doing good. I have heard he will be back for the Seahags game-which would mean he needs to start practicing. Other rumors say he is out for the year, others he is quiting. :shrug:

tk13
10-19-2006, 01:43 PM
No, there are just more reputable sources on the board who dispute your statements about retirement.

ptlyon
10-19-2006, 01:45 PM
He has internal bleeding in his brain.

I try to read the positives in everything. And from reading that I can tell you Trent has not lost his burst.

Halfcan
10-19-2006, 01:45 PM
No one is saying that Trent's injury is minor. We are just skeptical of sources like your mom's friend or the KC Star board.

With all the BS rumors out there you should be. My friend got through his surgery on Tues-so that was good news at least. I hope this is the last one for him-the dude has been through a lot.

cdcox
10-19-2006, 01:47 PM

I'll make this easy for you. Multiple choice:

People who make jokes about Trent Green's health are making fun of Trent Green.

People who make jokes about Trent Green's health are making fun of the gullible fools that spread the rumors.

Halfcan
10-19-2006, 01:49 PM
No, there are just more reputable sources on the board who dispute your statements about retirement.

I never once said he was retiring-I said his injury was more serious than what has been posted in your "socalled" reputable sources.

Since he is still out-I would say that proved to be pretty accurate.

chiefqueen
10-19-2006, 01:51 PM
I am a die hard fan and have been to every game for the last 10 years and i would not be putting this up if i did know if it was true.

OK, so, by your own admission, you know this is not true because you posted this.

HemiEd
10-19-2006, 01:53 PM

Quality stuff right there! ROFL

cdcox
10-19-2006, 01:56 PM
I never once said he was retiring-I said his injury was more serious than what has been posted in your "socalled" reputable sources.

Since he is still out-I would say that proved to be pretty accurate.

You said "I know the reports say that he is only out two games, but it looks like he will pull a PH and be out all year then retire"

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=148663

Halfcan
10-19-2006, 02:09 PM
You said "I know the reports say that he is only out two games, but it looks like he will pull a PH and be out all year then retire"

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=148663

MIGHT not WILL. Forget it I am tired of argueing with you guys-believe everything the press tells you- like mindless sheep.

It was just a simple bump on the head and TG will be starting this week against SD. Oh that is next week, whoops we don't know when he will be back but we are looking for a backup QB right now-Herm

Halfcan
10-19-2006, 02:13 PM
Okay it said WILL-because I was repeating the source-not commiting to it. The thread also said MAJOR SPECULATION-which should clue you in on my opinion.

What I believed personally was that TG was hurt worse than all the reports-which so far has been true.

cdcox
10-19-2006, 02:32 PM
Okay it said WILL-because I was repeating the source-not commiting to it. The thread also said MAJOR SPECULATION-which should clue you in on my opinion.

What I believed personally was that TG was hurt worse than all the reports-which so far has been true.

All the reports said was that it was not life thretening and his return would be a day-to-day/week-to-week decision. That, so far has been perfectly accurate.

bogie
10-19-2006, 02:39 PM

I don't really understand all the fallout from your post. I am generally a homer on these things. However, Trent, IMO, is out for the year, possibly retiring. Why is everyone freaking out so much when people say that? Did anyone see the hit? It was devistating.

Halfcan
10-19-2006, 02:46 PM
I don't really understand all the fallout from your post. I am generally a homer on these things. However, Trent, IMO, is out for the year, possibly retiring. Why is everyone freaking out so much when people say that? Did anyone see the hit? It was devistating.

Because it has not been posted by the Chiefs-who always tell the truth.

I thought people might want to know the seriousness of TG's injury-straight from his doctors office-instead they want to make stale jokes and criticize.

NewChief
10-19-2006, 02:47 PM
MIGHT not WILL. Forget it I am tired of argueing with you guys-believe everything the press tells you- like mindless sheep.

It was just a simple bump on the head and TG will be starting this week against SD. Oh that is next week, whoops we don't know when he will be back but we are looking for a backup QB right now-Herm

The whole problem with your way of stating things, HC, is that you imply there is some knowledge beyond what everyone else knows. You act like the press knows something they're not letting on. Or you act like Carl does. Or Trent. Or Trent's family. Or the doctors. Regardless, you seem to think that someone is withholding information that you're privy to but no one else is. This isn't the case. Every time that Trent has gone to the doctor, the doctor's report and estimation of his return have been relayed accurately to the press. There's no hidden secret that Trent is "hurt more badly than the press is letting on." You seem to want to believe that someone (doctors, Trent, Carl, press) knows more than is being reported. This just isn't the case.

ck_IN
10-19-2006, 02:51 PM
Another 'I heard from a very reliable unknown source'. I'd take it with a grain of salt.

That said, I think Green is done. It shouldn't take this long to recover from a concussion. A TE for the Colts came back from one the next Sunday. His wasn't as bad but it shouldn't take this long. I may be surprised but I'd imagine that Green will retire and then work as a QB coach or something similar for KC.

Halfcan
10-19-2006, 02:54 PM
Another 'I heard from a very reliable unknown source'. I'd take it with a grain of salt.

That said, I think Green is done. It shouldn't take this long to recover from a concussion. A TE for the Colts came back from one the next Sunday. His wasn't as bad but it shouldn't take this long. I may be surprised but I'd imagine that Green will retire and then work as a QB coach or something similar for KC.

Could be.

Halfcan
10-19-2006, 03:01 PM
The whole problem with your way of stating things, HC, is that you imply there is some knowledge beyond what everyone else knows. You act like the press knows something they're not letting on. Or you act like Carl does. Or Trent. Or Trent's family. Or the doctors. Regardless, you seem to think that someone is withholding information that you're privy to but no one else is. This isn't the case. Every time that Trent has gone to the doctor, the doctor's report and estimation of his return have been relayed accurately to the press. There's no hidden secret that Trent is "hurt more badly than the press is letting on." You seem to want to believe that someone (doctors, Trent, Carl, press) knows more than is being reported. This just isn't the case.

Well I never heard anything in the press about swelling of the brain stem and bleeding on the brain when TG was in the hospitol?? But you are saying EVERYTHING has been disclosed from the start, so I guess I disagree. I think he was hurt worse than they made out-and he is still not back. I hope the rumors of missing the entire year are false-TG is my fav player-the team is just not the same.

You act as if you have a hotline to TG-so why not disclose YOUR source.

bogie
10-19-2006, 03:01 PM
There's no hidden secret that Trent is "hurt more badly than the press is letting on." You seem to want to believe that someone (doctors, Trent, Carl, press) knows more than is being reported. This just isn't the case.

Do you really think that everything that is being reported about Green or anything else relating to injuries in the NFL is 100% truth?

Halfcan
10-19-2006, 03:04 PM
Why do we need a 4th QB if TG is coming back soon??

Archie Bunker
10-19-2006, 03:29 PM
Why do we need a 4th QB if TG is coming back soon??

Did the Chiefs sign another QB? I only see Huard, Croyle, and Printers on the PS. Printers was around before Trent's injury.

beer bacon
10-19-2006, 03:43 PM
I told you guys he was permanently retarted. You can tell just by the look on his face. I hope Geathers gets , well ..... you know.

Trent escaped the first wave of tarts. It is a shame that he couldn't avoid being tarted again. A real shame. I wish those tarts would just stay way from our football players. They need to concentrate on the game!

Halfcan
10-19-2006, 03:43 PM
I heard we were looking for another QB-Jack Harry maybe??

beer bacon
10-19-2006, 03:49 PM

All concussions are not created equal.

rad
10-19-2006, 03:53 PM

Jeff George is available.

No, seriously.......

Halfcan
10-19-2006, 03:57 PM

No, seriously....... :shake:

Yep I can see it now. George throws his first TD at Arrowhead and thens throws a hammy while he is running around the entire stadium doin a victory lap saying "I am number one!!!"

PinkFloyd
10-19-2006, 03:58 PM
Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... On one hand we have Jeff George and on the other we have a 45 year old Steve Bono....

:hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:

We need another Steve Deberg who would put fear in his own teammates and slap their fricking heads when they f'd up !!!!

PinkFloyd
10-19-2006, 03:59 PM

No, seriously.......

Wow --- we had the same idea at the same time !!!

Bob Dole
10-19-2006, 04:03 PM
Because it has not been posted by the Chiefs-who always tell the truth.

I thought people might want to know the seriousness of TG's injury-straight from his doctors office-instead they want to make stale jokes and criticize.

Are you still pissed off that the Chiefs won't let Geddy sing the National Anthem?

Halfcan
10-19-2006, 04:08 PM
Are you still pissed off that the Chiefs won't let Geddy sing the National Anthem?

If he is good enough for the All Star game-he is good enough for the Chiefs.

Home of the......Chiefs eh!!