PDA

View Full Version : Wow... Sports Illustrated is a total joke

RealSNR
10-19-2006, 03:35 PM
They have an article where they rate the top 10 QBs under 25 years old.

What's wrong with this picture? Half of the QBs are in their first season or haven't even started a single game yet. So then is it a smart idea to make a list like this? Will anyone care? Probably not. I see Cutler and Rogers haven't even started an NFL game. Why are they even on this list? What makes Rodgers better than Cutler and what are they basing their reasoning on?

SI should die and burn in hell.

10. Alex Smith

Remember, the kid barely took a snap from under center in college, then got thrown into the fire with a lousy team as a rookie. Having Trent Dilfer as a backup/mentor will pay huge dividends for Reggie Bush's old high school teammate.

9. Jay Cutler

If he's good enough for Mike Shanahan, he's good enough for us.

8. Bruce Gradkowski

Based on his first two starts, we know this much: The kid can throw, and he definitely isn't scared.

7. Aaron Rodgers

He got no love on draft day -- and hasn't gotten much since from Brett Favre -- but someday soon the Packers will be his, and he'll be as motivated as any player in football to show he belongs.

6. Matt Schaub

His rookie deal is up after this season, and somebody is going to have to pay. If Michael Vick's play remains choppy, will it be the Falcons?

5. Vince Young

He has the biggest upside of anyone in the game. He'll take his lumps in the meantime, but his poise and leadership skills will see him through.

4. Matt Leinart

He has been playing big in big games since his sophomore year of college, so it's not surprising he already plays like he belongs in the pros.

3. Eli Manning

When he is good, he is scary, scary good. But when he is bad, the whole operation looks shaky.

2. Phillip Rivers

It's still early, but all signs point to an impressive run at the helm of a dangerous offense. His decision-making and competitiveness already stand out.

1. Ben Roethlisberger

His recent struggles notwithstanding, the big guy has a Super Bowl ring and a sickeningly high winning percentage -- and he hasn't even grown into his talent.

noa
10-19-2006, 03:37 PM
Why does this make you so angry? Is there someone you think they left out or are you just mad that they have space to fill in their weekly magazine so they come up with lists like this?

MichaelH
10-19-2006, 03:39 PM
I agree with some of them but I cannot agree with Ben Roethlisberger. He shouldn't even be on there. Sure, he has a high win percentage. How about his passer rating or completion percentage. He won the SuperBowl because he had a great defense and they didn't let him do anything stupid.

RealSNR
10-19-2006, 03:41 PM
Why does this make you so angry? Is there someone you think they left out or are you just mad that they have space to fill in their weekly magazine so they come up with lists like this?A list like this shouldn't even exist. Why should it? Who the hell cares?

noa
10-19-2006, 03:42 PM
A list like this shouldn't even exist. Why should it? Who the hell cares?

I agree that its pointless, but they put out an issue every week, so they have to come up with pointless analysis all the time. I don't think they expect anyone to care too much about this, its just a space-filler.

HemiEd
10-19-2006, 03:50 PM
I think magazines will soon pass.

Halfcan
10-19-2006, 03:52 PM
poise must be a fav word to describe a QB nowdays-I wonder if Joe Montana had POISE. Such a sissy word.

Messier
10-19-2006, 03:59 PM
If he's good enough for Mike Shanahan, he's good enough for us.

This is the only thing that I find extremely telling, maybe that Peter King had something to do with the "article". The idea that if Shanahan says it's good it must be, because we don't question the mighty Shanahan.

Hootie
10-19-2006, 04:00 PM
how does this make SI a joke?!

Adept Havelock
10-19-2006, 04:02 PM
I think magazines will soon pass.

I think that depends on how many you eat.

chagrin
10-19-2006, 04:11 PM
Alex Smith started for 2 years in college, didn't he?

HolmeZz
10-19-2006, 04:13 PM
That's pretty terrible and not well put together.

Deberg_1990
10-19-2006, 04:48 PM
A list like this shouldn't even exist. Why should it? Who the hell cares?

True, but this is the media that we live in these days. 24/7 365 days a year. They need stuff to write about and fill up the page or TV time if its television. Sometimes you get good stories, but about 75% of it is "fluff" such as this.....what do you expect?

cdcox
10-19-2006, 04:52 PM
I agree with some of them but I cannot agree with Ben Roethlisberger. He shouldn't even be on there. Sure, he has a high win percentage. How about his passer rating or completion percentage. He won the SuperBowl because he had a great defense and they didn't let him do anything stupid.

Career passer rating: 91.6
Career completion percentage: 63.6

Yeah, those numbers suck.

MichaelH
10-19-2006, 05:43 PM
Career passer rating: 91.6
Career completion percentage: 63.6

Yeah, those numbers suck.

Doh! :cuss:

I still think he's way overated.

Dark Horse
10-19-2006, 06:03 PM
poise must be a fav word to describe a QB nowdays-I wonder if Joe Montana had POISE. Such a sissy word.

Montana was POISON to a defense.

kcxiv
10-19-2006, 06:11 PM
I also agree with most of that, its just someones opinion.

NJ Chief Fan
10-19-2006, 09:58 PM
this list sucks where the **** is brodie croyle ****in asshats

milkman
10-19-2006, 10:04 PM
Sports Illustrated has always been a joke.

It doesn't even make for good toilet paper.

NJ Chief Fan
10-19-2006, 10:06 PM
It doesn't even make for good toilet paper.
no it doesnt to many paper cuts

DAMMIT CARL! :cuss:

ferrarispider95
10-19-2006, 10:20 PM
Why isn't Croyle on the list - he through a td pass last week???? ROFL

Easy 6
10-19-2006, 10:27 PM
It hurts to admit but i find their site more entertaining than espn's, that place just flat out sucks. Sometimes it seems like the only coverage you dont have to pay for is womens basketball & mens beach volleyball.

greg63
10-19-2006, 10:39 PM
...SI should die and burn in hell...

Don't hold back SNR; tell us how you really feel. :D

XXXshogunXXX
10-20-2006, 03:31 AM
whatd you guys expect from that article...and how can roethleisberger not be on that list. He's clutch in key situations, ( AFC championship game). Since his rookie year, the steelers have been on top. I know some of you would honestly put croyle over ben. Just look what he did last week.. He's a good young QB.

Hootie
10-20-2006, 03:54 AM
how does this make SI a joke?!
sober hootie wrote this!!

HMc
10-20-2006, 04:06 AM
young has the most upside?

Hootie
10-20-2006, 04:06 AM
young has the most upside?
I'M GOING TO PLAY WITH YOUR WING WONG