PDA

View Full Version : How many more games can we afford to lose and still make the playoffs?

chiefsfan1963
10-20-2006, 11:00 AM
I'm thinking 3, but given the teams we lost to we'll need help. Looking at the schedule we have 6 Home games left if we can win them all then our chances of going 10-6 looks good. All we need to do is win 2 Away games the rest of the way. If we can win 3 Away games then we go 11-5 and are assured a spot in the postseason. I don't believe there has been any teams that have won 11 games and not made the plays.

If we lose this weekend then we will have to go 5-1 at home and 3-2 away and then cross our fingers with a 10-6 record. I would think we would fall short again like last year. Again we can still be assured a spot if we can do the unthinkable and go 4-1 away and win the rest of our home games.

I live in SD and the word around town is that the Chargers know the Chiefs are struggling. Their strategy will be to pull out all the stops and step on our throats and close the door of any possibility in our minds that the Chiefs are a playoff team this year.

el borracho
10-20-2006, 11:05 AM
Playoffs? You're smoking crack if you think this team is going to the playoffs.

Easy 6
10-20-2006, 11:05 AM
3 - But 5-1 at Arrowhead is always possible. I'm sure our guys know eggo wants to blast us Sunday and i think we match the dolts fury 20-13 KC.

Bowser
10-20-2006, 11:18 AM

Sadly, I agree.

StcChief
10-20-2006, 11:23 AM
Without Trent Green, a good LT, RT 8-8 will be a good year.

Playoffs 8-8 won't get it done.

chiefsfan1963
10-20-2006, 11:24 AM

how many games do we lose the rest of the season?

Mr. Laz
10-20-2006, 11:24 AM
10-6 is usually good enough to make the playoffs if you have a winning record in your own division.

Fish
10-20-2006, 11:26 AM
I think the real question is how many more threads like this is chiefsfan1963 gonna make......?

chiefsfan1963
10-20-2006, 11:33 AM
10-6 is usually good enough to make the playoffs if you have a winning record in your own division.

not last year, and we already have lost to 3 potential afc playoff teams.

chiefsfan1963
10-20-2006, 11:36 AM
I think the real question is how many more threads like this is chiefsfan1963 gonna make......?

i've been here since the early days of chiefsplanet. everyone knows the answer to your question.

Mr. Laz
10-20-2006, 11:37 AM
not last year, and we already have lost to 3 potential afc playoff teams.
which is why is said "usually"

we were like only the 2nd team in history to not make the playoffs with a 10 win season or something.

10 win and have a winning record in your division

we must win both against the faiders and split with the chargers, donkeys... then cross our fingers.

ChiTown
10-20-2006, 11:38 AM
PLAYOFFS? Don't talk to me about PLAYOFFS!

I'm more concerned if we will ever win another game. PLAYOFFS?

:)

PLAYOFFS? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM&mode=related&search=)

Reerun_KC
10-20-2006, 11:52 AM
No way this team gets a sniff at the playoffs, But why should we just settle for playoff appearances?

The real question should be, When is Carl going to field a team that can contend for a AFC title and superbowl appearance..

Our recent coaching aquisition leaves us in a deep hole in trying to obtain those goals....

Fish
10-20-2006, 11:54 AM
i've been here since the early days of chiefsplanet. everyone knows the answer to your question.

So you feel your tenure justifies repeated threads about the same topic?

el borracho
10-20-2006, 12:17 PM
how many games do we lose the rest of the season?
Sadly, this appears to be a 7-9 season. We have 2 wins now and we get to play the Raidurrs twice and we probably win two or three of the Seattle, St. Louis, Miami and Cleveland games. It would be nice to think otherwise but it's hard to play football without linemen. Hopefully, the Chiefs can develop at least one of the young Olinemen into something because at this point we need two new OTs, two DTs, a C and a G. Just those needs would require our entire draft next year (obviously not practical) and that is not even considering any of our other needs.

Hydrae
10-20-2006, 12:25 PM
Looking at SD and Denver and how they are playing right now, I am not holding my breath when it comes to the playoffs. Those are both better teams and I don't expect us to suddenly become world beaters even if/when Trent returns.

We are a decent team that will do as it has so many times in the past. Won just enough games to get a draft pick in the 12-17 range. But that should make it easier for Carl to figure out a contract without spending all of Lamar's money.

chiefsfan1963
10-20-2006, 12:37 PM
No way this team gets a sniff at the playoffs, But why should we just settle for playoff appearances?

The real question should be, When is Carl going to field a team that can contend for a AFC title and superbowl appearance..

Our recent coaching aquisition leaves us in a deep hole in trying to obtain those goals....

Never. 3 more years and Carl is finally gone. THen our chances improve when we get a new GM and front office.

chiefsfan1963
10-20-2006, 12:37 PM
So you feel your tenure justifies repeated threads about the same topic?
:p

chiefsfan1963
10-20-2006, 12:39 PM
Sadly, this appears to be a 7-9 season. We have 2 wins now and we get to play the Raidurrs twice and we probably win two or three of the Seattle, St. Louis, Miami and Cleveland games. It would be nice to think otherwise but it's hard to play football without linemen. Hopefully, the Chiefs can develop at least one of the young Olinemen into something because at this point we need two new OTs, two DTs, a C and a G. Just those needs would require our entire draft next year (obviously not practical) and that is not even considering any of our other needs.

There's always free agency.

chiefsfan1963
10-20-2006, 12:43 PM
Looking at SD and Denver and how they are playing right now, I am not holding my breath when it comes to the playoffs. Those are both better teams and I don't expect us to suddenly become world beaters even if/when Trent returns.

We are a decent team that will do as it has so many times in the past. Won just enough games to get a draft pick in the 12-17 range. But that should make it easier for Carl to figure out a contract without spending all of Lamar's money.

if any of this is true. let's get croyle out there and all the other rookies and shoot for a 4-12 record. I want a top 5 pick in next year's draft.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-20-2006, 12:43 PM
I think it's still a possibility. Although, IMO, if we lose this weekend to SD, we are done. A loss would put us at 0-4 in the AFC, and that doesn't have 'playoffs' written anywhere on it. It's pretty much do or die every week, IMO, anyway.

chiefsfan1963
10-20-2006, 12:45 PM
I think it's still a possibility. Although, IMO, if we lose this weekend to SD, we are done. A loss would put us at 0-4 in the AFC, and that doesn't have 'playoffs' written anywhere on it. It's pretty much do or die every week, IMO, anyway.

it sounds like last week's game was more important than what people cared to admit.

chiefsfan1963
10-20-2006, 12:47 PM
given what i'm hearing it appears Thanksgiving game will be a spoiler game. Too bad.

PastorMikH
10-20-2006, 12:48 PM
One less than Denver or SD.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-20-2006, 12:52 PM
I'm in the process of finding out where Robert Geathers and Willie Roaf live right now.

Also, and to add on to what P-Mike said, if Denver and San Diego keep winning, it won't matter what we do.

ChiefsCountry
10-20-2006, 12:57 PM
Chiefs control their destiny quite a bit we have alot of the big boys in the AFC at Arrowhead coming up.

Inspector
10-20-2006, 12:59 PM
Not wanting to be pessimistic, but I'm thinking it's totally possible to not have a winning season.

Wow, that sentence has too many not's.

GoodDaySir!
10-20-2006, 01:09 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kc2pAtAA85I"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kc2pAtAA85I" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

chiefsfan1963
10-22-2006, 09:12 PM
11-5 is still a possiblity given our win today. Congrats all Chiefs fans were still in the hunt. No matter our opinions we're all chiefs fans here.
10-6 is not going to be good enough IMO. I feel we have a shot at 11-5 if we win our remaining home games and go 3-2 on the road. If Herm is the tough HC everyone says DV wasn't then that will be the difference, going 4-4 vs. 3-5 last year for our away games.

PastorMikH
10-22-2006, 09:18 PM
None until Denver loses 3 more and the Chargers lose 2 more.