PDA

View Full Version : Mangino needs to be fired.......

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
10-21-2006, 05:46 PM
Unbelievable that the Jayhawks can blow ANOTHER big lead.

I have for the most part supported Mangino and thought that he was taking the program; for the most part; in the right direction. But after the lastest puke job on thier shoes I say its time to make a move after the season.

Now I believe players for the most part are responsible for blowing leads or not being able to finish a game. But this many times definitely tells me the blame has to fall on the coaching staff.

:cuss:

Pitt Gorilla
10-21-2006, 05:54 PM
4th quarter collapses--team is winded--Mangino is fat. Hey, it's a hypothesis.

PinkFloyd
10-21-2006, 06:20 PM
I'm a whole-hearted Tigers fan, but if KU beats MU again -- he stays.. Even if he does lose all the others...

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
10-21-2006, 06:37 PM
I'm a whole-hearted Tigers fan, but if KU beats MU again -- he stays.. Even if he does lose all the others...

As much as I completely and whole-heartedly despise Missouri; if it would mean Mangino is gone after losing the Missouri game I would cheer for the Tigers.

(Well I wouldn't cheer for them but I would cheer for KU to lose)

Braincase
10-21-2006, 07:05 PM
Big problem is we've only got one defensive back that is worth a crap, and nobody's putting pressure on the QB late in the game.

But then again, as a KU fan, what would you rather see, blowouts or close games that we end up losing. Hopefully the losses will get turned around, but you can bet it won't be this year.

Coach
10-21-2006, 07:37 PM
Too bad that he signed an extension though.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
10-21-2006, 08:58 PM
Too bad that he signed an extension though.

But that extension is completely favored towards KU. Mangino can be fired anytime now with no buyout, and no money owed to Mangino since the NCAA penalized them further for the proctor scandal.

Deberg_1990
10-21-2006, 09:02 PM
I say if Mangino doesnt drop at least 80 pounds, hes fired....god, i cant stand to look at that guy sometimes..

gblowfish
10-21-2006, 09:32 PM
Sometimes when you watch KU, you wonder..."What the HELL is Mangino Thinking???"

Spott
10-21-2006, 09:45 PM
I say if Mangino doesnt drop at least 80 pounds, hes fired....god, i cant stand to look at that guy sometimes..

80 pounds is just a drop in the bucket for him. You wouldn't be able tell much of a difference if he lost 80 lbs. He needs to lose about 250-300 to make a noticeable difference.

NaptownChief
10-21-2006, 09:46 PM
Losing to a 2-6 Toledo at home should be reason enough....especially after today when Toledo lost today to a previously 0-6 Eastern Michigan team. Good gawd Toledo has only beaten McNeese State outside of KU...

NaptownChief
10-21-2006, 09:50 PM
80 pounds is just a drop in the bucket for him. You wouldn't be able tell much of a difference if he lost 80 lbs. He needs to lose about 250-300 to make a noticeable difference.

If he is 6 feet tall or taller then I am guessing he is probably around 450-475 lbs. So he would need to drop around 200 before anyone would really take note. For his sake I would sure hope that he can cut some weight cause if he doesn't the poor guy may not live long enough to get fired at the end of the season.

As an outsider I don't think I would turn on the guy yet. It is certainly a bad year but he has turned things in a better direction and you may not be as far away as you think. It was just last year that you guys beat knots on the head of a decent Nebraska team.

KCFalcon59
10-21-2006, 10:00 PM
Mangino is maybe 5'10". Saw him at an Outback last year. Huge! I just don't understand how his teams fall apart late. How in the hell do you let someone get deep when the game is on the line. It's just idiotic.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-21-2006, 10:09 PM
Even though I'm an MU fan, I still feel sorry for the guy. Maybe he should opt for gastric bypass. I don't want to see the guy drop dead in the middle of a game.

Spott
10-21-2006, 10:58 PM
Even though I'm an MU fan, I still feel sorry for the guy. Maybe he should opt for gastric bypass. I don't want to see the guy drop dead in the middle of a game.

I'm no dietary expert, but maybe he should consider not eating so much.

Just a thought. :)

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-21-2006, 11:15 PM
I'm no dietary expert, but maybe he should consider not eating so much.

Just a thought. :)

Near 50 years of living and he hasn't perfected that one quite yet. He's probably fairly well off, perhaps drastic measures are in order. Hell, I like the guy just for his BCS rant the other year.

BWillie
10-21-2006, 11:21 PM
I'm about done with him as well. If this team would pull their heads out of their asses at the end of games the hawks would be 7-1. Every single game has been in OT or within a point except the Oklahoma State game, which they pissed down their leg as well. 3-5 isn't exactly taking KU to the next level.

Kerberos
10-22-2006, 04:40 AM
Mangino is maybe 5'10". Saw him at an Outback last year. Huge! I just don't understand how his teams fall apart late. How in the hell do you let someone get deep when the game is on the line. It's just idiotic.

WTF? When did TheOutback put in a buffet?

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
10-22-2006, 09:36 AM
I'm about done with him as well. If this team would pull their heads out of their asses at the end of games the hawks would be 7-1. Every single game has been in OT or within a point except the Oklahoma State game, which they pissed down their leg as well. 3-5 isn't exactly taking KU to the next level.

Total agreement...... they should be 7-1; hell at worst 6-2. It is just to the point with me that the coaching staff just seems to think the players will figure out how to finish a game on their own. Accountability has to be somewhere; and you can't cut the team and start with new players.