PDA

View Full Version : 53 seconds left in a half at the 37 yard line

RealSNR
10-22-2006, 12:40 PM
Right call?

Run out the clock and go in at halftime ahead.

Don't attempt to add 3 or even 7. Don't attempt to score just before you get the ball back again to start the 2nd half. Don't do that. That's playing smart and aggressive.

Herm.

irishjayhawk
10-22-2006, 12:43 PM
I agree. Plus, we had all three time outs.

milkman
10-22-2006, 12:43 PM
Only speculation here, but based on Hermie's reaction on the sideline after the first play there, he seemed to be a bit irritated by the lack of aggressiveness also.

siberian khatru
10-22-2006, 12:47 PM
Only speculation here, but based on Hermie's reaction on the sideline after the first play there, he seemed to be a bit irritated by the lack of aggressiveness also.

If that's the case, why can't Herm call up to Solari, during the change of possession, and say "Mike, let's take a shot here." Herm doesn't have to tell him what play to call, but why can't he take charge and ensure that he and the OC are on the same page as to what the strategy is. Isn't that the head coach's job, to set strategy (and the OC and DC are responsible for tactics)?

Wile_E_Coyote
10-22-2006, 12:48 PM
how many times have this years Chiefs turned the ball over down there?

Halfcan
10-22-2006, 12:49 PM
That was bullshit-you play to win not run the fuggin clock, at home, 57 seconds, 3 timeouts, SD defense reeling.

You put the final nail in the coffin. This is why I dislike Herm.

Sure-Oz
10-22-2006, 12:49 PM
That really pissed me off, but Herm had this WTF look. dont know what the deal was there. All i know is yu got 3 timeouts and decent FP to try to get in FG range, no brainer to try and if it dont work then down it.

milkman
10-22-2006, 12:51 PM
If that's the case, why can't Herm call up to Solari, during the change of possession, and say "Mike, let's take a shot here." Herm doesn't have to tell him what play to call, but why can't he take charge and ensure that he and the OC are on the same page as to what the strategy is. Isn't that the head coach's job, to set strategy (and the OC and DC are responsible for tactics)?

I don't have any answer for that, other than to tell you that I've never thought to highly of the way Hermie manages a game.

He just doesn't seem to understand when he needs to make his staff aware of his thoughts.

the Talking Can
10-22-2006, 12:51 PM
bush league

teedubya
10-22-2006, 12:52 PM
plus the Chargers have given up 16 points all year in teh 2nd half.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2006, 01:00 PM
The decision not to even attempt to put more points on the board at the end of the second half will be why the Chiefs lose this game.

Herm does not deserve a $4 million dollar a year salary.

chiefsfan1963
10-22-2006, 01:01 PM
Missing DV/AS yet? :)

Ultra Peanut
10-22-2006, 01:02 PM
Anything can happen on any play of the game. Playing scared ensures that said anything isn't a positive for your team.

It's not a huge deal, or anything, but it just feels like the game is slipping away a little.

Ultra Peanut
10-22-2006, 01:03 PM
Missing DV/AS yet? :)DIAF

milkman
10-22-2006, 01:04 PM
The fact that Herm sucks ass doesn't change the fact that Dick sucked ass also.

So, no, I don't miss 'em.

shaneo69
10-22-2006, 01:10 PM

I think he was more irritated by the fans who were booing him and his team when they were going in to the locker room up by 14 on SD.

teedubya
10-22-2006, 01:12 PM
I think he was more irritated by the fans who were booing him and his team when they were going in to the locker room up by 14 on SD.

That was my thought as well... he didnt understand that everyone in the world in on to his conservative bullshit.

RealSNR
10-22-2006, 01:15 PM
Missing DV/AS yet? :)Yeah, but I think I like this defense a bit more. We'd be playing from behind right now without them.