PDA

View Full Version : My take

penchief
10-22-2006, 03:20 PM
1. San Diego is a damn good football team. If they make it farther than we do, I'll be rooting for Marty to validate his career.

2. Philip Rivers is the real deal. I've always coveted him and he has exceeded expectations early in his career.

3. The second possession of the 3rd quarter was clutch. San Diego had just scored and had the momentum. It was a long drive in which we methodically imposed our will against their momentum. LJ showed his worth by carrying the team with his determined running. I think that his having no running room these past few games is going to make him a better running back when he sees an opening in the future. He'll be more apt to recognize his opportunities and attack them aggressively before they're gone.

4. I'm so glad we drafted Tamba Hali. He's such a catalyst. So often, he makes the difference on plays that will never show up in the box score. Add to that the fact that Jared Allen has upped his game even more and I couldn't be happier about our future prospects for creating a feared pass rush.

5. Even though we didn't do so well statistically, the defense played well. They battled and they made critical stops.

6. We may have the best kicking combination in the league. Without Tynes and Colquitt we would not have won today.

7. TOUGHNESS. I see a game toughness that I haven't really seen since Marty left. I hate that we are struggling on offense but even the offense has shown a toughness that didn't exist during the finesse years (see number three above).

Overall, I think this is destined to be a transition year. However, I would not rule out a chance to make the playoffs because I'm convinced that this is a team that will get better as the season goes along.

IMO, this win was better than a blowout. I'm very optimistic for the future.

hypersensitiveZO6
10-22-2006, 03:23 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent

Keep fa uhh king doubting us.

keg in kc
10-22-2006, 03:25 PM
I think we should all start our own "my take" threads after every game.

banyon
10-22-2006, 03:25 PM
I agree with 3-7.