PDA

View Full Version : A Dick Vermeil Team would NOT have won this game...

hypersensitiveZO6
10-22-2006, 03:39 PM
......Philadephia @ Kansas City 2005.

We can win the tough games.

And we did today. :toast:

|Zach|
10-22-2006, 03:42 PM
I agree.

ChiefsfaninPA
But, but, Chiefsfan1963 said if DV and AS.................

Reerun_KC
And a Edwards team barely won it..

Thank god we have Herm. Now we are super bowl bound!!!!

His history and track record will prove that theory.. Huh...

Baby Lee
10-22-2006, 03:44 PM

Hey Corky!! Are you aware that the league actually looks at wins and losses as different things?

Rausch
10-22-2006, 03:44 PM
Who gives a $3it?

DV's gone so it really doesn't matter. We did win, that's all that does...

dirk digler
10-22-2006, 03:45 PM
Who gives a $3it?

DV's gone so it really doesn't matter. We did win, that's all that does...

Yep

ArrowheadHawk
10-22-2006, 03:45 PM

your and idiot

dv didn't take us to the sb based on his history did he

Reerun_KC
10-22-2006, 03:46 PM
Hey Corky!! Are you aware that the league actually looks at wins and losses as different things?

really? oh my, now I my whole theory of Herm is gone...

YOU trying to tell me that Herm "Plays to win the game?"

Reerun_KC
10-22-2006, 03:47 PM
your and idiot

dv didn't take us to the sb based on his history did he

Nope he sure didnt and either did Marty..

So you are telling me that Herm the Marty clone is going to take us to the SB?

Your and idiot!

ChiefsfaninPA
10-22-2006, 03:47 PM

You have no theory, just a stupid opinion, idiot.

Reerun_KC
10-22-2006, 03:50 PM
You have no theory, just a stupid opinion, idiot.

Kind of like yours? idiot....

I can say everyone has an opinion on this board. None of us can actually make a differnce, we just to bitch about our opinions here...

Sucks huh....

FloridaMan88
A Dick Vermeil team wouldn't have lost 45-7 last week.

Baby Lee

Your and idiot!
Oh, so this week it's the TEAM that makes me proud to be a fan, and the FANS that make me embarassed.
Got it.

ArrowheadHawk
10-22-2006, 03:51 PM

Your and idiot!
:hmmm: your the one that was basing going to the superbowl on the coaches past history

you are also the one sucking dv's nuts and he had a sb in his past i don't see your logic

FAX
10-22-2006, 03:51 PM
But, if Marty was still the coach, this would have been a tie, right?

FAX

hypersensitiveZO6
10-22-2006, 03:52 PM
Herm has not got nearly enough appreciation for what he has done.

He has kept us at .500 without Trent Green. Last offseason, if you heard that TG would go down Week 1, you would have never thought us to have a chance at being anywhere near .500, let alone winning a game. A DV team would not have one this game or the Arizona game.

He has changed the attitude of a football team. I think we're a tough football team thanks to Herm Edwards.

JMO

Deberg_1990

Your right! They would have lost 45 -27 instead. They would have picked up a few fantasy garbage TD's in the 4th quarter.

Rausch

Your and idiot!

So Cowher can but Herm can't?

:hmmm:

Baby Lee
Oh, a DV team would never lose big on the road, huh?

This is Earth, are you from here?

Rausch
10-22-2006, 03:53 PM
How about we compare the two after Herm's coached 4 years, not 6 games?

Does that sound fair to anyone?...

ArrowheadHawk
10-22-2006, 03:54 PM

:thumb:

Baby Lee
10-22-2006, 03:56 PM

At least he's got SOME games under his belt. I seem to recall some folks around here suppoedly KNOWING that Schottenheimer would be 'a decade of unmitigated miserable failure for the Chiefs' somewhere around 1974.

chiefsfan1963
10-22-2006, 03:57 PM
I agree.
really that's hard to believe. :)

hypersensitiveZO6
10-22-2006, 03:57 PM

It's just like anything else we criticize/compare on this site.

Herm has shown KC a much tougher football team. As for 4 years, who knows? Right now, we've won 2 games I don't think we would have won with DV coaching.

hypersensitiveZO6
10-22-2006, 04:07 PM

Your and idiot!

Hmmm....

This is one of most uneducated posts I've seen in awhile.

This year Herm is 2-1 in close games, and Marty 0-2.

Marty hasn't had to overcome the loss of his team's starting QB.

tk13
10-22-2006, 04:25 PM
These threads are becoming silly. Last year we came off an embarrassing national TV game against the Giants, everybody was counting us out against the greatest Chargers team of all time, and we thumped them 20-7 in Arrowhead. Same thing as this year except it was the Steelers and not the Giants who beat us last week.

Rausch
10-22-2006, 04:29 PM

Um, yes he did...

CupidStunt
10-22-2006, 04:29 PM

But still would've lost.

hypersensitiveZO6
10-22-2006, 04:31 PM
These threads are becoming silly. Last year we came off an embarrassing national TV game against the Giants, everybody was counting us out against the greatest Chargers team of all time, and we thumped them 20-7 in Arrowhead. Same thing as this year except it was the Steelers and not the Giants who beat us last week.

Did you not see shades of the Philly game last year while watching this game? I sure did. It's JMO that Herm has proven through 6 games to coach a team with a tougher mindset than Dick Vermeil.

hypersensitiveZO6
10-22-2006, 04:33 PM
Um, yes he did...

More specifically Week 1. :rolleyes:

tk13
10-22-2006, 04:39 PM
Did you not see shades of the Philly game last year while watching this game? I sure did. It's JMO that Herm has proven through 6 games to coach a team with a tougher mindset than Dick Vermeil.
I guess. I don't know, we went 7-1 in Arrowhead last year. We won some tough games at home. The Denver game was really tough, New England had a good comeback against us, the Redskins game was a dogfight. A couple years ago Oakland took the lead in the final minute against us, we came down and Tynes hit a FG to win, the Colts almost had a huge comeback against us in Arrowhead but we hung on. We had several tough 4th quarters in 2003... Baltimore, Denver, Oakland, Green Bay. We had a lot of games with poor defense that we eeked out in the 4th quarter.

hypersensitiveZO6
10-22-2006, 04:43 PM
I guess. I don't know, we went 7-1 in Arrowhead last year. We won some tough game at home. The Denver game was really tough, New England had a good comeback against us, the Redskins game was a dogfight. A couple years ago Oakland took the lead in the final minute against us, we came down and Tynes hit a FG to win, the Colts almost had a huge comeback against us in Arrowhead but we hung on. We had several tough 4th quarters in 2003... Baltimore, Denver, Oakland, Green Bay. We had a lot of games with poor defense that we eeked out in the 4th quarter.

You're right. I just feel Herm has done a great job so far. The definition of handling adversity is winning 3 games with your backup QB. That's just how I feel.

Rausch
10-22-2006, 04:43 PM
I guess. I don't know, we went 7-1 in Arrowhead last year. We won some tough games at home. The Denver game was really tough, New England had a good comeback against us, the Redskins game was a dogfight. A couple years ago Oakland took the lead in the final minute against us, we came down and Tynes hit a FG to win, the Colts almost had a huge comeback against us in Arrowhead but we hung on. We had several tough 4th quarters in 2003... Baltimore, Denver, Oakland, Green Bay. We had a lot of games with poor defense that we eeked out in the 4th quarter.

And in his defense we out-smashmouthed Baltimore in Baltimore...

tk13
10-22-2006, 04:46 PM
Herm's doing a great job, I don't think otherwise. It's not always been pretty but I don't think we're out of the playoff hunt yet.

To be honest, I'm not sure what kind of team this is yet. We have some tough wins, tough losses, blowout wins, blowout losses. We've seen just about everything.

PunkinDrublic
10-22-2006, 04:46 PM
This is becoming the biggest post season cliche on the board. Let it go dude.

Rausch
10-22-2006, 04:49 PM
Herm's doing a great job, I don't think otherwise. It's not always been pretty but I don't think we're out of the playoff hunt yet.

To be honest, I'm not sure what kind of team this is yet. We have some tough wins, tough losses, blowout wins, blowout losses. We've seen just about everything.

I don't think you can get a wildcard birth this year with less than 11 wins. Just me, but there are too many solid teams in the AFC...

FAX
10-22-2006, 04:50 PM
...The definition of handling adversity is winning 3 games with your backup QB. That's just how I feel.

I don't know, Mr. hyperliteZO6. I always thought that the definition of handling adversity was when you joked with the emergency room doctors after you finally got a date with a super model and, when you were on your way to pick her up, you dropped a roach and your car mat caught fire and while you were trying to put it out, you drove straight through a plate glass store front of a gym and your genitals were pinned underneath thousands of pounds of free weights, when the fire department was extracating you from the car, your penis was virtually ripped out by its roots.

FAX

Rausch
10-22-2006, 04:51 PM
This is becoming the biggest post season cliche on the board. Let it go dude.

Last year's mantra: "DV = Mike Martz."

This year's mantra: "Herm = Marty."

Deberg_1990
10-22-2006, 04:52 PM

I agree.....Herm doesnt get enough credit. Im not saying hes the best HC in the league, but he does have a certain mental toughness and brings it to his teams. He did the same thing with the Jets a few years when they started off slow and overcame some adversity early.

Its nothing short of a miracle getting being 3-1 in the last 4 games as banged up as our team is.

Ultra Peanut
10-22-2006, 05:18 PM
A Dick Vermeil team wouldn't have lost 45-7 last week.Yeah, 56-21 would have been way better.

burt
10-22-2006, 05:23 PM
Hmmm....

you, obviously, haven't been reading my posts lately..........

burt
10-22-2006, 05:25 PM
I don't know, Mr. hyperliteZO6. I always thought that the definition of handling adversity was when you joked with the emergency room doctors after you finally got a date with a super model and, when you were on your way to pick her up, you dropped a roach and your car mat caught fire and while you were trying to put it out, you drove straight through a plate glass store front of a gym and your genitals were pinned underneath thousands of pounds of free weights, when the fire department was extracating you from the car, your penis was virtually ripped out by its roots.

FAX

only if you picked up your own penis, while being extracated, then you woud be handling adversity.........litterally

dj56dt58
10-22-2006, 05:29 PM
bullshit..we wouldn't have gone near as conservative as we did.

Reerun_KC
10-22-2006, 05:51 PM
Hmmm....

Um, if I am so undeducated why are you posting that Marty didnt lose his Starting QB? I thought Brees was playing in the Big Easy now?

You might need to check yourself...

Baby Lee
10-22-2006, 05:54 PM
Um, if I am so undeducated why are you posting that Marty didnt lose his Starting QB? I thought Brees was playing in the Big Easy now?

If the 'loss' of Brees is the 'losing of a starting QB' you were referring to, that's just retarded. Losing Grbac in 97 is losing your starter. Losing Brees and having to start Flutie is losing your starter. What happened this offseason is what's called 'CHOOSING a different starter.'

Reerun_KC
10-22-2006, 06:03 PM
What happened this offseason is what's called 'CHOOSING a different starter.'

Going in a different Direction, giving your QB a chance to seek other employeement....

The Bad Guy
10-22-2006, 06:03 PM

Give it up already Reetard.

You whined and bitched about how Herm hasn't beaten anyone last week and now that he did, you want to discredit that?

**** you, you hypocrite.

Easy 6
10-22-2006, 06:12 PM
And in his defense we out-smashmouthed Baltimore in Baltimore...
That was a fuggin BEAUT!!!

plbrdude
10-22-2006, 06:19 PM
Going in a different Direction, giving your QB a chance to seek other employeement....

no matter how you slice it it's still peanuts.
rivers has been the man since day one this year. who's behind him, and how many snaps has he taken?

Reerun_KC
10-22-2006, 06:26 PM
Give it up already Reetard.

You whined and bitched about how Herm hasn't beaten anyone last week and now that he did, you want to discredit that?

**** you, you hypocrite.

Hey dude, if you want to go back, I havent said crap about how Herm got spanked last week...

I havent really said much about the Pitt game, other that we got it handed to us......

Nope not discrediting the win.

The only thing I am discrediting his Herm's ability to win in the playoffs... I think herm is just like Marty, gets his team to the playoffs then Hermanizes himself into a loss....

I think we played a hell of a game, I felt we could of been alittle more agressive at the start of the 3rd. We did get to laxed and to focused on getting to QB and left LT and Gates alone on their TD's... Over all a very good game, when we kept losing the momentum, the offense seemed to get it back with long drives...

So I guess the over all bitch is how do you forget about LT and Gates?

Other than that, good game.

But your name calling is still not going to make me a Herm fan. Sorry.

Psyko Tek
10-22-2006, 06:28 PM

dude , think before you post
The Dick , without Roalf and Trent
with no defense?

would you like to buy a clue?

hey let's have Al run another end around

hypersensitiveZO6
10-22-2006, 07:03 PM

I already clarified that. Don't try to be a smartass. You know very well there is a difference when you lose your starting QB Week 1 of the regular season.

hypersensitiveZO6
10-22-2006, 07:06 PM

FAX

Wow, that woke me up.

ROFL

hypersensitiveZO6
10-22-2006, 07:09 PM
you, obviously, haven't been reading my posts lately..........

I haven't been around lately.

You can elaborate if you want to.

|Zach|
10-22-2006, 07:22 PM
There are some very disappointed Chiefs fans with this win today.

hypersensitiveZO6
10-22-2006, 07:24 PM

No kidding.

I'm not sure what it is.

Imon Yourside
10-22-2006, 08:11 PM
The problem is we didn't win 99-0 and I know we can because i replayed the game on madden and won 99-0. Seriously though i'm not the biggest herm fan but if he throws all that conservatism to the wind and plays the offense 50/50 he may be the answer. I am reserving judgement to see if he calls the same unpredictable gameplan next week. Today we had 29 run/27 pass that's right about where we need to be to open up lanes for LJ.

Deberg_1990
10-22-2006, 08:14 PM

Basically what ive gathered is, if we dont win at least 66-0, while holding a great team to -10 yards rushing and -30 recieving, we arnt sh*t.

Adept Havelock
10-22-2006, 08:39 PM
The only thing I am discrediting his Herm's ability to win in the playoffs... I think herm is just like Marty, gets his team to the playoffs then Hermanizes himself into a loss....

Marty's playoff win percentage: .294

Herm's playoff win percentage: .400

Basically what ive gathered is, if we dont win at least 66-0, while holding a great team to -10 yards rushing and -30 recieving, we arnt sh*t.

:clap:

EA's Madden Football has ruined a great percentage of the next generation of football fans.

Rausch
10-24-2006, 01:47 AM

Marty's playoff win percentage: .294

Herm's playoff win percentage: .400

Marty is a Herm clone...

orange
10-24-2006, 03:51 AM
dude , think before you post
The Dick , without Roalf and Trent
with no defense?

would you like to buy a clue?

hey let's have Al run another end around

This post is just baffllingly dumb. Vermiel DID LOSE Trent Green, for a whole season...

...and without Willie Roaf...

...he only won the friggin' Superbowl!

YOU get a clue!

htismaqe
10-24-2006, 08:09 AM
This post is just baffllingly dumb. Vermiel DID LOSE Trent Green, for a whole season...

...and without Willie Roaf...

...he only won the friggin' Superbowl!

YOU get a clue!

Without Willie Roaf.

WITH Orlando Pace.

Get outta here...

htismaqe
10-24-2006, 08:11 AM
At least he's got SOME games under his belt. I seem to recall some folks around here suppoedly KNOWING that Schottenheimer would be 'a decade of unmitigated miserable failure for the Chiefs' somewhere around 1974.

Um, I would be one of those people, and those people were RIGHT. ;)

That being said, I learned from that experience. I'm not gonna let what I feel about Herm's offense RUIN what I think Herm's DEFENSE has done for this team.

That game on Sunday was THE MOST FUN I'VE HAD IN MY LIFE and I'm glad I was there.

orange
10-24-2006, 08:15 AM
Without Willie Roaf.

WITH Orlando Pace.

Get outta here...

If you're saying he had better players with the Rams, well, you'll get no argument from me...

But clearly his team reacted to adversity with all the mental toughness this thread implies Vermeil's teams lacked

stevieray
10-24-2006, 08:24 AM
That game on Sunday was THE MOST FUN I'VE HAD IN MY LIFE and I'm glad I was there.

It really was a great football game.

htismaqe
10-24-2006, 08:41 AM
If you're saying he had better players with the Rams, well, you'll get no argument from me...

But clearly his team reacted to adversity with all the mental toughness this thread implies Vermeil's teams lacked

This is a Kansas City Chiefs message board.

The fact that Vermeil's team in ST. LOUIS displayed mental toughness is completely irrelevant. His teams here in Kansas City were soft, and that's all that matters.

orange
10-24-2006, 08:44 AM
See above about "better players"
That includes their hearts
Whatever was wrong with DV's Chiefs wasn't DV, and now Edwards has the same guys, the ones who layed down in Pittsburgh last week.

Brock
10-24-2006, 08:47 AM
Whatever was wrong with DV's Chiefs wasn't DV

That a fact? He put the team together, whose fault is it?

Baby Lee
10-24-2006, 08:52 AM
Um, I would be one of those people, and those people were RIGHT. ;)
You have no idea, or more likely you do, how close I was to substituting 'htis' for 'some folks.' :p