PDA

View Full Version : ***Official Seahawks vs Chiefs Prediction thread***

Logical
10-23-2006, 11:19 AM
Chiefs roll for two in a row with a 28-13 victory as the Seahawks struggle with injured offensive players. Finally go over .500

Post your prediction here.

Direckshun
10-23-2006, 11:26 AM
I can't make a prediction until Hasselback's status is more certain.

With Hasselback, it's a repeat of this week's game. Close call that either team could win.

Without him, Chiefs are heavy favorites.

I'll detail more when I learn about Hasselback.

ChiefsCountry
10-23-2006, 11:28 AM
Chiefs win.

JBucc
10-23-2006, 11:32 AM
Seneca Wallace had two int's and two fumbles last week in half a game. If he starts we'll have a repeat of the 49ers game.

With Seneca starting it'll be about 35-10 Chiefs

If Hasselbeck starts more like 28-20

B2chiefsfan
10-23-2006, 11:45 AM
If Huard keeps finding Tony G. ..............27-14 Chiefs.

Tony had a monster game against a premier LB core.....

Archie Bunker
10-23-2006, 11:46 AM
Seneca's ability to scramble and bootleg worries me but not enough to pick the Seahawks.

27-10 Chiefs

L.A. Chieffan
10-23-2006, 12:32 PM
Hasselbeck out 2-4 weeks with a MCL.

So it;s their backup against our backup. Whos better, Seneca or Damon?

StcChief
10-23-2006, 01:15 PM
Chiefs win

24 Chiefs
16 SeaSparrows

boogblaster
10-23-2006, 01:23 PM
Sickhawks lose 21-10... BOOG OUTT .....

Halfcan
10-23-2006, 02:16 PM
I see a shutout coming with Sucknecca throwing 3 pics and fumbling 3 times. Tony G will dunk one over the goalpost and LJ will rumble for over 200 yards and four scores. Hali will have a sack and a half with a forced fumble, Allen has a huge day with two sacks and a FF. Ty gets another sack and FF on a corner blitz.

Halfcan
10-23-2006, 02:16 PM
Chiefs 45 Seahags 0

Easy 6
10-23-2006, 02:23 PM
Considering how poorly they played Sunday, i think we get a solid effort out of them. Holmgren rarely loses 2 in a row, having said that they are on the road missing the 2 main O wheels and an O line that appears to have a Hutchinson hangover. I'll go 26-14 KC :shrug:

Warrior5
10-23-2006, 02:42 PM
KC 31
SEA 17

chiefbowe82
10-23-2006, 03:13 PM
you can't forget about that tough seattle D.
Although with two of their stars out on offense in QB Matt Hasselbeck and RB Shaun Alexander...Chiefs seem to eat backup quarterbacks alive. Gunther will blitz this guys and the defense will get turnovers. This also being a home game for the chiefs they will play with extreme focus and energy.

When I looked at the scedule a couple weeks ago I though this game could be our downfall instead it could really turn us around with quite a few favorable games coming our way we really need a win here to bounce over the .500 mark.
Chiefs 27
Seahawks 14

NJ Chief Fan
10-23-2006, 03:29 PM
should i pick up the chiefs D in fantasy and start them over philly vs jags?

alanm
10-23-2006, 03:39 PM
Considering how poorly they played Sunday, i think we get a solid effort out of them. Holmgren rarely loses 2 in a row, having said that they are on the road missing the 2 main O wheels and an O line that appears to have a Hutchinson hangover. I'll go 26-14 KC :shrug:
I guarantee we'll get Seattle's best shot come Sunday. They were embarrassed yesterday at home by the Viqueens. It will be a repeat of yesterdays game. Close.

FloridaMan88
10-23-2006, 03:40 PM
Chiefs 20 Seabags 6

I think the Passion Party Tour needs to make a stop in KC and visit the Seattle team hotel this weekend

Hootie
10-23-2006, 03:57 PM
Chiefs 34
Seafrauds 13

KCGridironBeast
10-23-2006, 03:57 PM
Kansas City 24, Seattle 13

Mr. Laz
10-23-2006, 04:13 PM
i predict Holmgren to dink and dunk the holy bejezzus outa us.

screens/bootlegs and a 100 passes short over the middle and in the flats.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2006, 04:15 PM
This should be a complete rout. Wallace just isn't ready for this kind of environment.

Chiefs 34, Seahawks 10

siberian khatru
10-23-2006, 04:18 PM
Chiefs 23-20.

JohnnyV13
10-23-2006, 04:19 PM
Guys, this will be seneca wallace's first career start.

I'd be shocked if the hawks can pull it off..especially without shaun alexander.

chiefs 24-10

runnercyclist
10-23-2006, 04:22 PM
35-17

D scores once, tony scores once, eddie scores twice, LJ twice

blueballs
10-23-2006, 05:18 PM
Vikes Chester Talyor
26 carries 169 yards

teedubya
10-23-2006, 05:22 PM
Chiefs roll for two in a row with a 28-13 victory as the Seahawks struggle with injured offensive players. Finally go over .500

Post your prediction here.

Dammit Jim! :cuss: You're a pessimist, not an optimist! [/Dr McCoy]

Ok... My prediction.

33-17. Team unknown at this time.

Direckshun
10-23-2006, 06:53 PM
It seems we're going to have some letdown Chiefs fans this Sunday.

I do not predict a Chiefs blowout, and I think many of the folks here are underestimating the Hawks D.

Without their MVP, without their starting QB, Holmgren will walk into the defensive practices this week saying "our offense is bleeding -- we will need you to play out of your minds to win this game."

And that's exactly what they're going to do. The Hawks defense is going to storm the line of scrimmage. They're going to pound LJ every chance they get, and they're going to jam receivers at every turn. Tony will rarely get to breathe. They will be playing out of their minds.

It will be a low-scoring game (I feel no need to explain my confidence in our D vs. Seneca).

Can Huard guide the Chiefs into the end zone vs. one of the most ferocious defensive assaults we'll see this year? I'm doubtful, he's going to struggle. The whole offense will.

On the other side of the ball: the Hawks have one of the best O-lines in the NFL, but yesterday proved it doesn't matter in Arrowhead; Allen and Hali will get to Seneca. KC's run D has been bend-but-don't-break against the run, but run is a small threat in this game.

The key: the Seahawks have a deadly receiving core. The Chiefs have an extremely smart secondary. Whoever wins the battle here determines the game. And I believe Ty Law and company are very capable of outsmarting Seneca.

Chiefs, folks. But it's going to be very low-scoring and very close. 10-6.

chiefsfan1963
10-23-2006, 07:39 PM
SInce I was wrong about yesterday's game, I'm going to continue to pick Chiefs lose and hope I'm wrong again.

Chiefs lose and the Planet implodes! :)

Simply Red
10-23-2006, 07:43 PM
Seneca Wallace had two int's and two fumbles last week in half a game. If he starts we'll have a repeat of the 49ers game.

With Seneca starting it'll be about 35-10 Chiefs

If Hasselbeck starts more like 28-20

Sounds good. I was thinking 37-10

Jack
10-23-2006, 08:23 PM

I do not predict a Chiefs blowout, and I think many of the folks here are underestimating the Hawks D.

Without their MVP, without their starting QB, Holmgren will walk into the defensive practices this week saying "our offense is bleeding -- we will need you to play out of your minds to win this game."

And that's exactly what they're going to do. The Hawks defense is going to storm the line of scrimmage. They're going to pound LJ every chance they get, and they're going to jam receivers at every turn. Tony will rarely get to breathe. They will be playing out of their minds.

It will be a low-scoring game (I feel no need to explain my confidence in our D vs. Seneca).

Can Huard guide the Chiefs into the end zone vs. one of the most ferocious defensive assaults we'll see this year? I'm doubtful, he's going to struggle. The whole offense will.

On the other side of the ball: the Hawks have one of the best O-lines in the NFL, but yesterday proved it doesn't matter in Arrowhead; Allen and Hali will get to Seneca. KC's run D has been bend-but-don't-break against the run, but run is a small threat in this game.

The key: the Seahawks have a deadly receiving core. The Chiefs have an extremely smart secondary. Whoever wins the battle here determines the game. And I believe Ty Law and company are very capable of outsmarting Seneca.

Best analysis I've read thus far. . .what he said.

Living just an hour from Seattle makes them my second most favorite team.

Sometimes I have to chuckle at the deliberate distortions of teams names but trying to come up with a cute negative moniker for the players falls very short in most cases. "Sucknecca" (no disrepect to the dude how coined this) is just not that insulting.

The donks; the faiders; no D in Oaklan_, now those were classics. Remember when Trent was referred to as TrInt. Something originating from those donkey wizzards and dropped rather quickly, although that fellow flipper john (aka taaco john) seems to try to keep it alive. How many times have you tried to come up with some denigrating name for elway. Nothing seems to ever catch with that.

Well, I think the Cheifs have to watch for a letdown after such a performance yesterday. The 'hawks are no real slouch, defensively. I think it will be the Chiefs by a FG.

Be

CupidStunt
10-24-2006, 01:48 AM
SEA 10
KC 24

beer bacon
10-24-2006, 02:08 AM

Seattle's defense has not been good this year. In fact, they have been pretty bad, giving up 23.7 ppg. For perspective, despite our defense getting absolutely demolished by the Steelers, we are still 15th in the league at 20.7 ppg.

Anything Seattle's defense can do, San Diego can do better. We seemed to manage fine against them. I am optimistic that LJ will power forward for good yardage, and Huard will find the holes in their secondary.

Also, their O-line play has actually been relatively poor. Without Hutch they haven't been opening up many holes in their running game, and they have already given up 21 sacks. Our pass rush was getting decent pressure the first two games, but got only one sack. In the last four we have had 13 sacks. Like you said, Allen and Hali have been terrors.

With SA out, they have been relying on Hasselbeck to carry their team to victory. Now that he is out, Seneca is going to get his first NFL start in Arrowhead. If Seneca tries to scramble too much, he will get himself face planted one too many times by our front seven. The environment and our pass rush will rattle Seneca early, and they will take Seattle's offense out of its game.

This is not a recipe for success.

Inspector
10-24-2006, 06:05 AM
The only thing I worry about is over looking these guys since they are banged up. As long as the intensity and focus remains, the Chiefs should have a certain win.

With the same energy and focus as last week, Chiefs win 27 - 6.

Warrior5
10-27-2006, 06:32 AM
Seahawks injury list as of 10/26:

T Sean Locklear Ankle QUESTIONABLE
RB Shaun Alexander Foot DOUBTFUL
WR Bobby Engram Illness QUESTIONABLE
OLB D.D. Lewis Toe QUESTIONABLE
DT Marcus Tubbs Knee QUESTIONABLE
G Floyd Womack Knee QUESTIONABLE
QB Matt Hasselbeck Knee OUT

I'm assuming the reports of Huard being injured are simply media speculation. Again, with Seattle's injury status, the Chiefs should win this game hands down.

Inspector
10-27-2006, 06:53 AM
If reports of Huard being out end up being correct we'll probably see a flurry of changes on what we think the score will be.

I guess a game can't end at a 0 - 0 tie.

Warrior5
10-27-2006, 07:26 AM
If reports of Huard being out end up being correct we'll probably see a flurry of changes on what we think the score will be.

Agreed...I'd say at the very least it would "level the playing field" a lot.

I'm sure Herm will address it at today's presser.

Chief Chief
10-27-2006, 07:35 AM
KC offense: LJ scores once & Tony G shares a record with the great #89.
KC defense: Forces 2 turnovers & collects 5 sacks.
KC special teams: Dante takes another one to the house & Tynes kicks 2 FGs.

Chiefs 27, Squawks 16

ct
10-27-2006, 01:55 PM
Chiefs win

football threads get a bump