PDA

View Full Version : Dumb A$$ Chiefs Fans

Bill Lundberg
10-23-2006, 12:38 PM
I'm a season ticket holder and yesterday nearly convinced me to give up my tickets. I usually take a friend to the game with me as I have 2 tickets and my wife doesn't enjoy going unless the weather is perfect. Yesterday my wife went along with some friends of ours and their 3 year old daughter. Maybe its because I was sober yesterday; something that I'm usually not at Arrowhead, but the vulgarity was practically intolerable. I drink, I cuss, by no means am I an angel. I heard probably over 100 F bombs yesterday, most coming from a fat little 20 something girl sitting behind me. According to her all referees are fat ass wannabe football players who know nothing about the game. She screamed after the Huard intentional grounding call (the right call by the way) and I quote, "Effff you, you fat a$$ed loser bastard! You don't know anything about football you just weren't good enough to play so you're a ref... I WILL F*CKING MURDER YOU AFTER THE GAME IN THE PARKING LOT!! YOU F*CKING LOSER!!" She then bragged about threatening a Bengals fan's life after the hit on Green.

Focus: What do you do in this situation? She was with 3 guys who also had fowl mouths. Rather than getting into a fight I chose to ignore it to the best of my ability. Does Arrowhead really need crowd control people to police this BS?

MOhillbilly
10-23-2006, 12:40 PM
you wait till one of them goes it alone to the head then cave his face in.

the rest will get the memo.

cdcox
Antifreeze in her beer.

GoodDaySir!
rofl

Phobia
10-23-2006, 12:42 PM
People are stupid. I was sitting in a section where a guy was crapping his pants every 20 seconds. It was unbearable. At least he was loud.

I can't explain why people think they are allowed to lose all acceptable social standards when they enter Arrowhead. I guess alcohol is a contributor, but it's more than that.

Iowanian
10-23-2006, 12:43 PM
I think you should have told belowaverage's mother to shut her c@cksucker....

BigRedChief
10-23-2006, 12:46 PM
People are stupid. I was sitting in a section where a guy was crapping his pants every 20 seconds. It was unbearable. At least he was loud.

I can't explain why people think they are allowed to lose all acceptable social standards when they enter Arrowhead. I guess alcohol is a contributor, but it's more than that.
Alcohol is defintely a major factor but not the whole tale. Maybe the agressive nature of footbal, the open air stadium, having 79k in one place they don't think they stand out? Or they want to stand our as a "Real" fan.

But its not just a Chiefs fan issue, you hear this everywhere in the NFL.

You just have to ignore it. Why get into a fistfight with ignorant people?

chasedude
10-23-2006, 12:47 PM
couldn't you at least told the psycho behind you to act like an adult and have respect for others???

CosmicPal
10-23-2006, 12:47 PM
Uhhhh, you go get security and let them know they are using inappropriate language in front of children and that you are a season ticket holder and a hundred other things.

You have the right to watch a football game without asshats sitting around you and making you feel uncomfortable.

When I was a teenager, my friends and I went to a Royals game and we got drunk and started dropping f-bombs everywhere. The guy in front of us was miffed and asked us to keep it down. We laughed. He then ended up getting security and they removed us from our seats.

He had every right to- he did have his children with him and I don't blame him for getting security because frankly- we were immature dumbasses who couldn't behave properly. I've always wanted to apologize for my behavior, but I was a teen trying to be cool. So, if you're out there: I'm sorry for being such a doofus that afternoon.

MOhillbilly
10-23-2006, 12:48 PM
Alcohol is defintely a major factor but not the whole tale. Maybe the agressive nature of footbal, the open air stadium, having 79k in one place they don't think they stand out? Or they want to stand our as a "Real" fan.

But its not just a Chiefs fan issue, you hear this everywhere in the NFL.
not true- i hear in st.loser the fans eat fancyboy sammys and sip tea while there upper lip quivers.

KCChiefsMan
10-23-2006, 12:49 PM
ya just watching people in public nowadays makes me embarrassed to be an American. This country is overflown with trashy, stupid people and it's only going to get worse because they reproduce like flies

Rain Man
10-23-2006, 12:49 PM
I wouldn't confront the person, but I would ask security if they could confront them for me. There's a reason those guys are paid $7.00 an hour.

Bill Lundberg
10-23-2006, 12:50 PM
couldn't you at least told the psycho behind you to act like an adult and have respect for others???

I could have. But based on previous experiences (maybe I'm not polite enough, maybe they are always too drunk) this leads to me getting in a fist fight. I didn't want to go through that, Its happened to me twice; once in Kauffman and once in college and I'm getting to old for that.

FAX
10-23-2006, 12:52 PM
Sadly, the f-bomb is the only word many people have to express their stupidity, Mr. Bill Lundberg. The beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX hardly lets me use it any more.

But, Mr. CosmicPal is correct. Report the offender to the authorities. Then, spit beer in their good eye.

FAX

Bill Lundberg
Uhhhh, you go get security and let them know they are using inappropriate language in front of children and that you are a season ticket holder and a hundred other things.

You have the right to watch a football game without asshats sitting around you and making you feel uncomfortable.

When I was a teenager, my friends and I went to a Royals game and we got drunk and started dropping f-bombs everywhere. The guy in front of us was miffed and asked us to keep it down. We laughed. He then ended up getting security and they removed us from our seats.

He had every right to- he did have his children with him and I don't blame him for getting security because frankly- we were immature dumbasses who couldn't behave properly. I've always wanted to apologize for my behavior, but I was a teen trying to be cool. So, if you're out there: I'm sorry for being such a doofus that afternoon.

Good points

MOhillbilly
I could have. But based on previous experiences (maybe I'm not polite enough, maybe they are always too drunk) this leads to me getting in a fist fight. I didn't want to go through that, Its happened to me twice; once in Kauffman and once in college and I'm getting to old for that.

its hard to get in a 'fist fight' when you brain them from behind.

Iowanian
I'm not a tattletail...but if it was that out of line, go to the bathroom and quietly mention it to security and let it be their problem.

I've seen that done alot of times, and the problem is usually taken care of...even if it means those people leaving.

You should carry a flask of ColonBlow for just such occasions.....someone near you is an asshole? Top off their beer and wait 15 minutes.

MOhillbilly
10-23-2006, 12:53 PM
Sadly, the f-bomb is the only word many people have to express their stupidity, Mr. Bill Lundberg. The beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX hardly lets me use it any more.

But, Mr. CosmicPal is correct. Report the offender to the authorities. Then, spit beer in their good eye.

FAX

**** THAT!!!!

tomahawk kid
10-23-2006, 12:54 PM
Y'know - I noticed the same thing yesterday.

It's coming to a head w/ one set of our tickets.

4+ years of BS from some of the folks around us is starting to grind.

Que Card QB
10-23-2006, 12:55 PM
I've never seen anyone put up a fight about it when asked politely to "Please watch their mouth--there's kids around". Plus I think you can rat them out to fan assistance.

burt
I hate it if there is a quiet opposing fan or 2 in your section. Invariably, one or 2 Chiefs fans will be in their faces at some point yellin "F*** YOU, F*** YOU!!!!" I love the Chiefs, I love our true fans, but that kind of crap is uncool, and embarrassing.

FAX
**** THAT!!!!

Of course, you're right, Mr. MOhillbilly. After all, we're not heathens.

Just use regular spit.

FAX

stevieray
where are your seats, bill?

joesomebody
10-23-2006, 12:57 PM
Sorry your game was ruined like that. I know I made an ass of myself at the game... something in the atmosphere I guess. Before I sat down I told those around me to tell me if I got too obnoxious, as I definitly get a little wound up at Chief's games, and that's without alcohol...

No one told me to pipe down, but in retrospect I wish they had. Chaulk that up to first time being drunk at Arrowhead.

It's easy to forget that Chief's football is a family affair and not the world's biggest open air sport's bar.

Bill Lundberg
10-23-2006, 12:57 PM
Section 131

Lzen
10-23-2006, 12:58 PM
I don't know about Chiefs fans, but we had several obnoxious Chargers fans behind us. One of them was even making remarks when Reed was laying on the ground with an injury. He was saying something about Reed being a pussy, etc. I wanted to slap the shit out of him. Luckily, I didn't drink anything during the game so I didn't do anything. I just tried to ignore that.

Another one was some whiney, arrogant, prick. He kept talking about how he lived on the beach. Kept making snide (sp?) remarks about KS/MO and just crap like that. He even said that Chiefs fans were worse than Raid ers fans. I could not ignore that one. I turned around and said "puhlease! If we were Rai ders fans, that other jackass over there would've already had the shit beat out of him." He complained about being ragged on since he got there. Well, duh! You're at an opponent's stadium. Most Chiefs fans were just giving him some razzing. Nothing mean spirited for the most part. That's when I told him he was an arrogant prick and deserved what he was getting. It was so nice to hear the silence from their direction after the game. :)

And the Bengals fans at the season opener were the most obnoxious fanbase I've ever witnessed. :cuss:

stevieray
10-23-2006, 01:03 PM
Section 131

wow..bummer.

I'm in 127 now and am surrounded by good people...when I was in 110, there was a guy who was constantly standing up and yelling obscenities at the team.

Bugeater
10-23-2006, 01:04 PM
Yesterday was the first time I'd been to Arrowhead for over 10 yrs and I have to say I was a bit shocked at some of the behavior as well. There was a melee in the bathroom because people kept going in the out door, I heard a lot of abusive language and many people seemed pushy and impatient in crowded areas. I understand not everywhere is going to be like Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, but I've been to some games in the Metrodome before and never witnessed the some the things I saw at AH.

ChiTown
10-23-2006, 01:04 PM
Bill

I'm sorry to say that I used to be that guy. I had a horrible temper and a big mouth (lousy combo) as a kid/young adult. I've been booted out of Royals Stadium and Arrowhead on a number of occassions. This all happened when I was in high school and college. After college, I mellowed considerably, and now (years later) with kids, I rarely say anything, unless I want to have it repeated to me over and over. It's been 20+ years since the last time I was removed from a stadium for my bad behavior. However, on behalf of all the a-holes, former a-holes and myself, I apologize.

burt
10-23-2006, 01:06 PM
And the Bengals fans at the season opener were the most obnoxious fanbase I've ever witnessed. :cuss:

A friend of mine is a Bengals fan and I tailgated with him....before AND after. He almost got into a fight, after the game...it was off the chart stupid. I have tailgated their for years and never had a problem with our fans or anyone else...just my stupid Bengals fan friend. I haven't let him live it down.

Lzen
10-23-2006, 01:10 PM
A friend of mine is a Bengals fan and I tailgated with him....before AND after. He almost got into a fight, after the game...it was off the chart stupid. I have tailgated their for years and never had a problem with our fans or anyone else...just my stupid Bengals fan friend. I haven't let him live it down.

He wasn't by any chance wearing an orange clown wig, was he? There was one Bengals fan that was wearing an orange wig and some Chiefs fans finally got sick of him and took his wig and chucked it as far down as they could. He went down to retrieve it and they chucked it again. Pretty funny and well deserved.

Knob
10-23-2006, 01:11 PM
You should have turned around took off your chiefs glove slapped her in the face with it and challenged her to a duel. It's really quite simple if you ask me.

FAX
10-23-2006, 01:13 PM
Bengal Fan's Wife, "How was the game, sweetie?"

Bengal Fan, "Not too good. People kept chucking my orange wig."

FAX

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-23-2006, 01:15 PM
I'm in 121, and I have let a few slip ( yelling "kill that sonofabitch" during a QB pressure for one, or "oh shit" when Dante has fumbled a return).

With that being said, I think that you should expect a football stadium to be a PG-13 environment. If you have little kids and you don't want them to hear that, regardless of its social tact, a FB stadium is probably not the place to take them. It doesn't mean that acting like an ass is right (although I'm sure we've all dropped an F-bomb or two at an event), but you can't expect a place where the average BAC is above the legal limit to be a church crowd, either.

burt
10-23-2006, 01:16 PM
He wasn't by any chance wearing an orange clown wig, was he? There was one Bengals fan that was wearing an orange wig and some Chiefs fans finally got sick of him and took his wig and chucked it as far down as they could. He went down to retrieve it and they chucked it again. Pretty funny and well deserved.

no...my friend was another total idiot....

KChiefsQT
10-23-2006, 01:16 PM
Focus: What do you do in this situation? She was with 3 guys who also had fowl mouths. Rather than getting into a fight I chose to ignore it to the best of my ability. Does Arrowhead really need crowd control people to police this BS?

Thank god you're not in an environment like the one @ McAfee (Oakland) Stadium. I've seen/heard a lot worse. Or, have the 3 year old in earplugs..

tomahawk kid
10-23-2006, 01:20 PM

He didn't by chance go by the name "Wally" did he?

CoMoChief
10-23-2006, 01:23 PM
I had this dumbass sitting behind me in section 102 who was complaining that he couldn't see and kept telling me sit down. At first I told him it's not going to happen, this is Arrowhead Stadium and told him if he doesn't stand up and yell while the Chiefs are on defense then he needs to watch the damn game out in the parking lot. He also didn't seem to realize that the rows in front of me were standing as well. He finally got an usher/security guy to come down and talked to me about it and the guard agreed with me. ****ing douchebag, I hope the person who sat behind me in SECTION 102 row 10-11 is reading this.

siberian khatru
10-23-2006, 01:27 PM
So, if you're out there: I'm sorry for being such a doofus that afternoon.

That was YOU?

Apology accepted.

Next time, though, I'm gonna kick your ass.

FAX
10-23-2006, 01:32 PM
I had this dumbass sitting behind me in section 102 who was complaining that he couldn't see and kept telling me sit down. At first I told him it's not going to happen, this is Arrowhead Stadium and told him if he doesn't stand up and yell while the Chiefs are on defense then he needs to watch the damn game out in the parking lot. He also didn't seem to realize that the rows in front of me were standing as well. He finally got an usher/security guy to come down and talked to me about it and the guard agreed with me. ****ing douchebag, I hope the person who sat behind me in SECTION 102 row 10-11 is reading this.

Yeah. Bring a periscope along with your cane next time, you stupid ****ing douchebag!!!

FAX

jersey
10-23-2006, 01:32 PM

Either try to actually talk to her, or rat her out to security.

On a related note, Chiefs fans who don't sing the national anthem correctly bug me. ;-)

Archie Bunker
10-23-2006, 01:33 PM
I hate it if there is a quiet opposing fan or 2 in your section. Invariably, one or 2 Chiefs fans will be in their faces at some point yellin "F*** YOU, F*** YOU!!!!" I love the Chiefs, I love our true fans, but that kind of crap is uncool, and embarrassing.

This is what I am concerned about. My buddy and me got some tickets to the upcoming Raiders game and he is a huge Raiders fan. Great guy just roots for the wrong team.

The last thing I need is to get into some damn fight at the game for no reason at all. We went to the Raiders game in 03' and had no problems, hopefully it will go smoothly again this time.

PastorMikH
10-23-2006, 01:36 PM
Next week take a Raider jersey to the game. When she starts yapping her trap, hand her the jersey, tell her you got her a present and that it clearly fits.

Then, tell the guys you'll buy them each a drink of their choice if they make her wear it.

manchambo
10-23-2006, 01:39 PM
Something I have noticed is that the loudness and incessantness of these people's yelling is inversely proportional to their football knowledge. To wit: I was at a University of Colorado game a counple of weeks back (their only win of the season, btw) and there is a guy near me who can't shut up. On one play, Texas Tech throws a pass that could possibly be a lateral on their own 5, the refs blow the whistle, and after the whistle blows CU picks the ball up and runs it in. Anyone who knows anything knows that that play is not reviewable because the refs blew the whistle. This nitwit nevertheless yells for 10 minutes that we should have challenges, and that coach Hawkins is an idiot for not challenging. Teech drives 95 yards and scores a TD and this waste of the components of life is still yelling that we should have challenged, and they never should have scored.

On a related note, at a CU game a few years back, there was a guy who kept cussing and someone politely asked him to have some respect for the many kids in the section. The gentleman's response: "This is a ****ing football game. You shouldn't bring your ****ing kids."

burt
10-23-2006, 01:42 PM
This is what I am concerned about. My buddy and me got some tickets to the upcoming Raiders game and he is a huge Raiders fan. Great guy just roots for the wrong team.

The last thing I need is to get into some damn fight at the game for no reason at all. We went to the Raiders game in 03' and had no problems, hopefully it will go smoothly again this time.

I will probably be at that game...you would be welcome to tailgate with me and my group, including an imposing 6'10 man. We, basically like everyone until they prove that they deserve less!!

Iowanian
10-23-2006, 01:43 PM
I disagree. The NFL markets infant garments, childrens clothing, youth football, punt/pass/kick and most stadiums have a kids zone and menu. A baseball or football game should absolutely be an event a parent should be able to take a reasonable aged kid to, to pass on tradition and enjoy a game.

While there, that parent should be prepared and should have spoken to the kid ahead of time, that they're likely to witness drunk people, and hear things they shouldn't repeat....a certain amount is expected and tollerable.....but there IS a line, and almost all of us have a meter that tells us when that is approaching the redline.

If you don't.....you're the asshole. tone it down a little, eh? You're not a donk fan, after all.

I'm in 121, and I have let a few slip ( yelling "kill that sonofabitch" during a QB pressure for one, or "oh shit" when Dante has fumbled a return).

With that being said, I think that you should expect a football stadium to be a PG-13 environment. If you have little kids and you don't want them to hear that, regardless of its social tact, a FB stadium is probably not the place to take them. It doesn't mean that acting like an ass is right (although I'm sure we've all dropped an F-bomb or two at an event), but you can't expect a place where the average BAC is above the legal limit to be a church crowd, either.

Rain Man
10-23-2006, 01:44 PM
Y'know, kcnut has some good ideas about how to punish wrongdoing women.

Frazod
10-23-2006, 01:44 PM
There was only one Charger fan close to me. He was older and never said an obnoxious word to anybody.

Personally, I never drink at games, because I don't want to degenerate into a complete f#cking imbecile or spending half the game standing in line to piss. I yell and scream, but I do try to keep in mind that there are kids around, and tone it down as much as I'm able. I did go off when they had the ceremony for that Bronco piece of shit Smith, though. :#

Alcohol is definitely a contributing factor in people acting like dicks at games, and we are by no means alone in having obnoxious fans. Football and baseball games are pretty much the last drunken public spectacle I will partake in. I hate crowds and I hate morons, and mixing the two with shitty beer just makes me hate it that much more.

sedated
10-23-2006, 01:51 PM
Arrowhead Louder

innocent victims happen

Calcountry
10-23-2006, 01:55 PM
I'm not a tattletail...but if it was that out of line, go to the bathroom and quietly mention it to security and let it be their problem.

I've seen that done alot of times, and the problem is usually taken care of...even if it means those people leaving.

You should carry a flask of ColonBlow for just such occasions.....someone near you is an asshole? Top off their beer and wait 15 minutes.Haven't ya heard? Now there's SUPER COLON BLOW.

alpha_omega
10-23-2006, 01:55 PM
Classic...a fat chick calling the ref's "fat asses"

Some people are just plain stupid!

Hoover
10-23-2006, 01:57 PM

Sorry, it was those beans you guys always talk about

Monty
10-23-2006, 01:58 PM
Section 131

Wow, I was sitting in 131....Row 25 to be exact and we have a GREAT bunch of people near us. That's where we sit almost exclusively. I'm guessing I was too far away from the mindless slugs?? At any rate, let Security deal with it. We've used them in the past, and will do so again in the future if needed. :)

Lonewolf Ed
10-23-2006, 01:58 PM

A friend of mine worked security at Arrowhead back in the late 1990s. He told me they often caught people with crack, mushrooms, pot, and even some cocaine, as well as bottles of every type of schnapps and liquor. So, it's not just the beer. Mixing alcohol and drugs is never a good thing.

Calcountry
10-23-2006, 01:59 PM
Yesterday was the first time I'd been to Arrowhead for over 10 yrs and I have to say I was a bit shocked at some of the behavior as well. There was a melee in the bathroom because people kept going in the out door, I heard a lot of abusive language and many people seemed pushy and impatient in crowded areas. I understand not everywhere is going to be like Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, but I've been to some games in the Metrodome before and never witnessed the some the things I saw at AH.THis will all pass after the election, people get a bit bitchy when one approaches. Add that, a couple of beers, and a tight emotional football game, and you have the recipe for dumbassery.

Calcountry
10-23-2006, 02:00 PM
Bill

I'm sorry to say that I used to be that guy. I had a horrible temper and a big mouth (lousy combo) as a kid/young adult. I've been booted out of Royals Stadium and Arrowhead on a number of occassions. This all happened when I was in high school and college. After college, I mellowed considerably, and now (years later) with kids, I rarely say anything, unless I want to have it repeated to me over and over. It's been 20+ years since the last time I was removed from a stadium for my bad behavior. However, on behalf of all the a-holes, former a-holes and myself, I apologize.I bet you made one heck of a pit trader. :D

Halfcan
10-23-2006, 02:04 PM
Tell an Usher and they will boot them out.

Calcountry
Thank god you're not in an environment like the one @ McAfee (Oakland) Stadium. I've seen/heard a lot worse. Or, have the 3 year old in earplugs..I can't bring myself to go to that shithole anytime I think there will be more than 20K people there. The thought of that many baseball fans packed into that (bathrooms in disrepair, not enough concession stands, not wide enough concourses) just freaks me out. Then, making 60K of them being the biggest bunch of ashat losers all in one place, that is truely frightening.

KC Kings
Why not ask her to stop? I have taken my son to multiple Chiefs/Royals games where there weer people using bad language around us, and I politely asked them "Hey, could you please watch the f-bomb?" Not a single time has there been a problem, and if there was I would just get a security guard/usher involved.

As a former sailor and a former lush I have been on the other side of things, and have been asked a couple times to watch my language, and I never had a problem with it.

Bill Lundberg
10-23-2006, 02:08 PM
Wow, I was sitting in 131....Row 25 to be exact and we have a GREAT bunch of people near us. That's where we sit almost exclusively. I'm guessing I was too far away from the mindless slugs?? At any rate, let Security deal with it. We've used them in the past, and will do so again in the future if needed. :)

The lard was in Row 23, I'm in row 22. Apparently, you were far enough away. I've noticed its always easier to hear the people behind you as opposed to the ones in front of you.

BigCatDaddy
10-23-2006, 02:16 PM
Well I had some idiot behind me that sat his beer on the steps. Then comes some guy down them and kicks it over. He then apologizes and offers to bring him back another one, the dumbass who sat his beer on the steps gives him some a dirty look and says fine. The guy never came back, and I don't blame him. Some people are just morons.

Molitoth
10-23-2006, 02:17 PM
There are a couple people in my section (103) Rows 1,2,3 who constantly remind people to sit down which gets quite annoying. (when the ball gets to the opposite side of the field the only way you can see is to stand up) GO HOME AND WATCH THE GAME ON YOUR COUCH YOU LAZY BASTARDS.

On the other hand, I hate when trashy people sit there and drop the f-bomb constantly in front of little kids. If starting a fight wasn't any worse, I would punch everyone of those pieces of shit in thier teeth.

The Dude Abides
10-23-2006, 02:20 PM
You know when they started to boo right at the end of the first half, I was embarrassed. I turned to my friend and said "this is not right". Our team is up 20 to 6 and they are headed to the locker rooms with people booing. Not cool. I dont agree with the way they ended the half either, but you dont boo the team off the field. And really, yes people do drink to much there, but I dont drink, so it is more noticable for me I guess. I enjoyed the game, but some fans need an education.

Halfcan
10-23-2006, 02:20 PM
For years we had KU fans sitting behind us. The knew shit about Chiefs or football in general. They talked nonstop about KU basketball and never shut up. During the celebration to put DT in the Ring of Honor-they were yelling DT was a scumbag and several other names. It was on. Security broke up the fight and kicked them out for being such drunken azzholes.

CosmicPal
10-23-2006, 02:23 PM
For years we had KU fans sitting behind us. The knew shit about Chiefs or football in general. They talked nonstop about KU basketball and never shut up. During the celebration to put DT in the Ring of Honor-they were yelling DT was a scumbag and several other names. It was on. Security broke up the fight and kicked them out for being such drunken azzholes.

Errr, what kind of KU fan isn't a Chiefs fan? And if they were Chiefs fans and they were dissing DT I'd be kicking their azz no matter who they were: father, friend, or lover- nobody disses DT.

Rain Man
10-23-2006, 02:25 PM
Honestly, I don't understand why anyone would drink at a football game anyway. All it does is make you less capable of following the action on the field.

Bugeater
10-23-2006, 02:30 PM
Something I have noticed is that the loudness and incessantness of these people's yelling is inversely proportional to their football knowledge. To wit: I was at a University of Colorado game a counple of weeks back (their only win of the season, btw) and there is a guy near me who can't shut up. On one play, Texas Tech throws a pass that could possibly be a lateral on their own 5, the refs blow the whistle, and after the whistle blows CU picks the ball up and runs it in. Anyone who knows anything knows that that play is not reviewable because the refs blew the whistle. This nitwit nevertheless yells for 10 minutes that we should have challenges, and that coach Hawkins is an idiot for not challenging. Teech drives 95 yards and scores a TD and this waste of the components of life is still yelling that we should have challenged, and they never should have scored.

On a related note, at a CU game a few years back, there was a guy who kept cussing and someone politely asked him to have some respect for the many kids in the section. The gentleman's response: "This is a ****ing football game. You shouldn't bring your ****ing kids."
I don't know why this surprises you, sCUm fans are the college equivalent of Raider fans.

The Dude Abides
10-23-2006, 02:30 PM
There was a guy a couple of seats over who by halftime was so piss drunk he didnt know what was going on. He would cheer whatever happened, to whichever team. I know he is hurting now.

CosmicPal
10-23-2006, 02:32 PM
Honestly, I don't understand why anyone would drink at a football game anyway. All it does is make you less capable of following the action on the field.

It makes the pain of losing a little more bearable, and the excitement of winning a little more thrilling- short-lived, but a little more thrilling nonetheless.

NewChief
10-23-2006, 02:35 PM

I'm 121, too. Row 35.

Brock
10-23-2006, 02:36 PM
I guess I sit down amongst the wine and cheesers, because I'm about the loudest guy in our section. I keep the profanity to myself, however.

BigRedChief
10-23-2006, 02:37 PM

Nobody has ever told me to sit down Wonder why?:rolleyes:

but they have told others in front of me to sit down. If you don't want to stand go sit in the club seats.

Halfcan
10-23-2006, 02:40 PM

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Yeah I agree.

Rain Man
10-23-2006, 02:41 PM
There was a guy a couple of seats over who by halftime was so piss drunk he didnt know what was going on. He would cheer whatever happened, to whichever team. I know he is hurting now.

That's what I don't understand. He wasted his ticket money, he's not cheering at the right time, and he could've just gone to a bar and spent enough to get another 0.1 on his BAC. Why go see the Chiefs in that state?

sedated
10-23-2006, 02:44 PM
Mixing alcohol and drugs is never a good thing.

pfft

that's a recipe for a great day

beer bacon
10-23-2006, 02:48 PM
Everyone has a right to receive a certain a level of civility, even at an NFL football game. With that said, going to an NFL or college football game, and being upset when someone curses is pretty damn stupid. If you don't want a child to hear curses then they definately shouldn't be at the game period.

CosmicPal
10-23-2006, 02:49 PM
That's what I don't understand. He wasted his ticket money, he's not cheering at the right time, and he could've just gone to a bar and spent enough to get another 0.1 on his BAC. Why go see the Chiefs in that state?

Seriously, Kevin- I know you are a very bright guy and I have much respect for you, but that guy is what you call a "problem drinker" and is most likely an alcoholic. I know you don't drink or do drugs, and maybe that's why you don't understand. But, he needs the alcohol as a coping mechanism. He doesn't care about blowing ticket money or missing a play, he only needs to drink.

CosmicPal
10-23-2006, 02:49 PM
Seriously, Kevin- I know you are a very bright guy and I have much respect for you, but that guy is what you call a "problem drinker" and is most likely an alcoholic. I know you don't drink or do drugs, and maybe that's why you don't understand. But, he needs the alcohol as a coping mechanism. He doesn't care about blowing ticket money or missing a play, he only needs to drink.

Bill Lundberg
10-23-2006, 02:51 PM
Everyone has a right to receive a certain a level of civility, even at an NFL football game. With that said, going to an NFL or college football game, and being upset when someone curses is pretty damn stupid. If you don't want a child to hear curses then they definately shouldn't be at the game period.

I can't say it better than THIS (http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3500072&postcount=46)

Halfcan
10-23-2006, 02:53 PM
pfft

that's a recipe for a great day

ROFL don't forget football and cheerleader's boobies.

InChiefsHeaven
10-23-2006, 03:06 PM
I was at the 9ers game a few weeks ago with a buddy of mine. We got pretty liquored up in the parking lot, but mostly we were just pumped up for the game. Anyway, my buddy (who is going through a ton of bad crap) was being loud and obnoxious. A guy behind us said he had his wife and kids there and could he please keep it down. My buddy felt terrible. He kept appologizing (so much, I had to tell him to knock it off...) He definately was not being his normal self. The Arrowhead buzz, the booze, and the fact that we were kicking the crap out of the 9ers basically made for a recipe for disaster.

I don't really worry about people being loud and obnoxious, I figure it goes with the territory, but I have definately found myself being annoyed by it.

beer bacon
10-23-2006, 03:07 PM
I can't say it better than THIS (http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3500072&postcount=46)

I could just as easily say that since the NFL sells beer at games they want people to get rowdy and drunk.

You don't walk into a stadium and expect the environment to change simply because you have a kid with you. There are scores of people within hearing distance of the child. They are all not just going to turn into Rams fans just because there is a child present.

Monty
10-23-2006, 03:18 PM
The lard was in Row 23, I'm in row 22. Apparently, you were far enough away. I've noticed its always easier to hear the people behind you as opposed to the ones in front of you.

You're probably right, but I would think that I would have heard them as I'm fairly close. Maybe if the other 79K+ fans would just keep it down a little...maybe I could. ;)

mylittlepony
10-23-2006, 03:36 PM
I learnt the english language from Boys in the hood, Blood in blood out and porn basically. I guess Im the last guy you want behind you huh?

runnercyclist
10-23-2006, 04:02 PM
Little guy will pick up the lingo soon enuf and join the rest of the rowdies.

siberian khatru
10-23-2006, 04:08 PM
To those who were at Sunday's game: The Star said that about a third of the stadium was empty when Tynes made his kick.

What's up with that? Who the hell would leave a tie game in the fourth quarter?

Phobia
10-23-2006, 04:12 PM
I didn't notice 1/3rd the stadium empty but I wasn't really looking for it either.

I did notice about 1/4 the club section empty for the entire game.

ChiTown
10-23-2006, 04:25 PM
To those who were at Sunday's game: The Star said that about a third of the stadium was empty when Tynes made his kick.

I wish the Arrowhead Crowd of the early to mid 90's was still around. That was no wine and cheese crowd. That was a group that was there to watch football.

Bwana
10-23-2006, 04:27 PM

I don't know about a 3rd, but a lot of people have packed it up and hit the road. We were up in 237 and there were lots of people hitting the road with around 6 minutes left in the game. My wife was the one who noticed it, I was to busy raising hell and making noise up in the wine and cheese section. I will say this, I did get the people up there going, if they were not making noise on 3rd and longs, I would turn around and get them into it. Dammed if they were not Chief fans for at least one game. ;)

Bugeater
10-23-2006, 04:29 PM

I didn't notice too many people leaving early, but what I did notice that the stadium was slow to fill up. It wasn't really "full" until about halfway thru the 1st qtr. Is that normal?

Nzoner
10-23-2006, 04:31 PM
" He complained about being ragged on since he got there.

There's something about dudes wearing powder blue shirts that just isn't right.

Valiant
10-23-2006, 04:31 PM
YEah that sucks that the F-bombs were going nonstop but equally bad is the parenting that bring 3 year olds or younger to a game... Not just counting the foul language, boozing everywhere but the fact the stadium rivals a jet taking off for over an hour...

Valiant
10-23-2006, 04:36 PM
I didn't notice too many people leaving early, but what I did notice that the stadium was slow to fill up. It wasn't really "full" until about halfway thru the 1st qtr. Is that normal?

Most people are getting beer and refreshments or still trickling in from the tailgateing..

As for leaving early that has been around since the late 90's, as most fans want to beat the traffic out of the parking lot..

Frazod
10-23-2006, 04:40 PM

There seemed to be lots of empty seats on the lower level.

kaplin42
10-23-2006, 04:53 PM
Just throw a twinky down to the next section and watch the foul mouthed water buffalo chase after it.

Rain Man
10-23-2006, 05:14 PM
There's something about dudes wearing powder blue shirts that just isn't right.

Unless it's kind of a space-age blue.

Bootlegged
10-23-2006, 05:30 PM

Snatch>Football

Only excuse.

StcChief
10-23-2006, 05:43 PM
YEah that sucks that the F-bombs were going nonstop but equally bad is the parenting that bring 3 year olds or younger to a game... Not just counting the foul language, boozing everywhere but the fact the stadium rivals a jet taking off for over an hour...

Yeah pretty stupid people, like the kid wants to be there at that age.

wait until they are old enough. My boys first game was 6.
He stood on the chair most of it vs. Buffalo ('93) to see. He still remembers the experience 13 year later. Doubt the 2-3 year old will......

Get a sitter do everyone a favor.

NewChief
10-23-2006, 06:06 PM

That's what ear plugs are for. My son has been to about seven games. Admittedly, he was in a box for a bunch of them, but he's sat down on the LL, too. He enjoys it, and we enjoy taking him. Get a sitter sometimes as well. Just depends on the weather and what our housing situation is in KC when we're there.

Lzen
10-23-2006, 07:17 PM
Yeah pretty stupid people, like the kid wants to be there at that age.

wait until they are old enough. My boys first game was 6.
He stood on the chair most of it vs. Buffalo ('93) to see. He still remembers the experience 13 year later. Doubt the 2-3 year old will......

Get a sitter do everyone a favor.

I took my boys to their first game 2 years ago when they were 8 and 11. Great game, btw, vs Atlanta. I was a little nervous about taking the 8 year old. It turned out all right. Not really any obnoxious drunks around us for that game. But I agree that small children don't belong at a football game.

Deberg_1990
10-23-2006, 07:29 PM
What do you guys expect from "CameroHead" Stadium?? LOL

Dartgod
10-23-2006, 08:17 PM
When I saw the thread title I thought it was going to be about Chiefs fans that drive 700 miles to see a game and then proceed to get too hammered the night before to make it to the game the next day.

Bwana
10-23-2006, 08:20 PM
When I saw the thread title I thought it was going to be about Chiefs fans that drive 700 miles to see a game and then proceed to get too hammered the night before to make it to the game the next day.

ROFL

Yeah no kidding, so has anyone seen Bob?

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-24-2006, 07:19 AM
I got in on this thread a little late, but as I've said many times before, this is why everybody needs one of these.http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:84_74gs4OWc5MM:http://guns.connect.fi/rs/microuzi.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://guns.connect.fi/rs/microuzi.jpg&imgrefurl=http://guns.connect.fi/rs/SMG.html&h=339&w=453&sz=7&hl=en&start=7&tbnid=84_74gs4OWc5MM:&tbnh=95&tbnw=127&prev=/images%3Fq%3DSuppressors%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG) ROFL

Bowser
10-24-2006, 07:57 AM

Yeah, that guy needed to have the shit kicked out of him. Literally. For his own good.

They say the human body has miles of intestines. If you stretched that guys' intestines out and walked next to them, it would most likely resemble the Bataan Death March.

At least the guy next to him was pretty funnay.

Dartgod
10-24-2006, 08:42 AM
Every game I see some dumbshit walking up the aisle while a critical play is happening behind them. They seem to be completely oblivious that there is even a football game going on. These assholes usually stop righht in front of me, blocking my view. This week there was some dumb broad talking on her cell phone in the aisle, scanning the surrounding seats, I assume looking for a friend. All the while the game is going on behind her. Un-fricking-believable. :shake:

Here's another one; the people sitting directly in front of us GOT UP AND LEFT before Tynes attempted his first kick to win the game. Why do these people even come to games?!?

KingPriest2
10-24-2006, 09:21 AM
Section 131

what row? I am in 131 as well

tomahawk kid
10-24-2006, 09:23 AM
Every game I see some dumbshit walking up the aisle while a critical play is happening behind them. They seem to be completely oblivious that there is even a football game going on. These assholes usually stop righht in front of me, blocking my view. This week there was some dumb broad talking on her cell phone in the aisle, scanning the surrounding seats, I assume looking for a friend. All the while the game is going on behind her. Un-fricking-believable. :shake:

Here's another one; the people sitting directly in front of us GOT UP AND LEFT before Tynes attempted his first kick to win the game. Why do these people even come to games?!?

I've never understood the people leaving early in a close game either.

If you want to beat traffic that badly, keep your a$$ at home.

You stay until the end, You TAILGATE until traffic dies down - then you go home.

Chief Pote
10-24-2006, 09:45 AM
That's why I have Direct TV and I don't have to put up with idiots like that. I had someone invite me to watch the Chiefs in Cleveland this year. NO THANKS. You think Chiefs fans are bad?....you aint seen nothin yet.