PDA

View Full Version : Anybody see Merriman's attorney on ESPN

ChiefsCountry
10-23-2006, 10:44 PM
I swear the dude was Mecca. He kept rambling about how all players take stuff. ROFL

Hammock Parties
10-23-2006, 10:44 PM
"Shawne did not go into a back alley and stick a needle in his BUTT!"

LMAO

Halfcan
10-23-2006, 10:50 PM
Mecca is getting a bad rap on this, I think he is completely innocent-because everyone on the Planet does it.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2006, 10:55 PM
Its total bullshit. Just like bonds, "I didnt know there were steroids in that, honest."

Halfcan
10-23-2006, 10:56 PM
99.99999 % of football players take them, and unless you piss someone off you won't get caught.

OnTheWarpath15
10-23-2006, 11:05 PM
99.99999 % of football players take them, and unless you piss someone off you won't get caught.

Make sure you adjust that percentage to exclude Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart......

Something like 99.98820

10-23-2006, 11:09 PM
Make sure you adjust that percentage to exclude Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart......

Something like 99.98820

BS - Did we all forget about that stud named SCANLON? He has no need for roids.

greg63
10-23-2006, 11:18 PM

Yep! His mere presence strikes fear in the hearts of the fiercest of football competitors. :D

AndChiefs
10-23-2006, 11:19 PM
So basically...Merriman was taking a supplement he says?

This was lifted from Shawne's personal website and is from earlier this season. Interesting what is response is.

Q) Shawne - What's the name of the gym where you train in Mission Valley ? Is your trainer available to the public? What supliments do you take if any? Is there anywhere on your website that I could find one of your daily workouts?
--Paul Brown, Chula Vista , CA

A) Well I actually train in La Jolla and at the Chargers Facility. I am not taking any supplements at this time.

http://www.shawnemerriman.com/subpage-c.asp

boogblaster
10-23-2006, 11:20 PM
My uncles wifes sisters nephew said he was at Church"s last nite....seen someone that looked like Merryman beening handed some white substance,,,,

Tribal Warfare
10-23-2006, 11:28 PM

Something like 99.98820

*cough*Carson Palmer*cough*

and................................................................................

don't forget O.J. didn't do it, he was just taking the board game Clue to a different level LMAO ROFL

OnTheWarpath15
10-23-2006, 11:36 PM
*cough*Carson Palmer*cough*

and................................................................................

don't forget O.J. didn't do it, he was just taking the board game Clue to a different level LMAO ROFL

DAMNIT CARL!

Forgot about Palmer.

Guess that brings it to 99.982312 give or take.......

greg63
10-23-2006, 11:56 PM
So basically...Merriman was taking a supplement he says?

This was lifted from Shawne's personal website and is from earlier this season. Interesting what is response is.

Q) Shawne - What's the name of the gym where you train in Mission Valley ? Is your trainer available to the public? What supliments do you take if any? Is there anywhere on your website that I could find one of your daily workouts?
--Paul Brown, Chula Vista , CA

A) Well I actually train in La Jolla and at the Chargers Facility. I am not taking any supplements at this time.

http://www.shawnemerriman.com/subpage-c.asp

...Yeah, he and Barry Bonds.

Hootie
10-24-2006, 12:01 AM
Wow...

Another tremendous post brought to you by Halfcan.

Seriously dude, are you THIS ****ing dumb or are you kidding around? Please, tell me you're ****ing with us.

OnTheWarpath15
10-24-2006, 12:03 AM
Wow...

Another tremendous post brought to you by Halfcan.

Seriously dude, are you THIS ****ing dumb or are you kidding around? Please, tell me you're ****ing with us.

He's bagging on Mecca, who provided us with that pearl of wisdom in the other Merriman thread.....

Hootie
10-24-2006, 12:05 AM
Mecca and Halfcan are meant for one another.

BigRock
10-24-2006, 12:08 AM
It was totally predictable, but the media's double standard is hilarious. A guy like Palmeiro tests positive for 'roids and is basically driven out of baseball in shame, supposedly with little to no chance of making the HOF now. Because steroid users are dirty damned CHEATERS and we must shame them without mercy.

Merriman tests positive and has the same type of "I took something and didn't know what was in it" story as Palmeiro and his tale about the vitamin shot, and the only talk I've seen is that he's hurt his team for these 4 games he'll be out. Nothing about him personally, that he's ruined his rep, called everything he's done into question, tainted his career from this point forward, etc.

Maybe I'm just not seeing the people who are saying those things, but from what I've heard you'd think it was just another guy getting a DUI arrest and missing a few games. No outrage about cheating, no nothing.

Rausch
10-24-2006, 12:10 AM
Mecca and Halfcan are meant for one another.

http://www.hkmenshealth.com/eng/interactive/images/inter_btn_quiz.gif

Mecca
10-24-2006, 04:58 AM
Yes, I have just returned from my Tv appearance, sometimes business calls.....I know you all missed my presence and great knowledge on this night.

ct
10-24-2006, 09:24 AM
It was totally predictable, but the media's double standard is hilarious. A guy like Palmeiro tests positive for 'roids and is basically driven out of baseball in shame, supposedly with little to no chance of making the HOF now. Because steroid users are dirty damned CHEATERS and we must shame them without mercy.

Merriman tests positive and has the same type of "I took something and didn't know what was in it" story as Palmeiro and his tale about the vitamin shot, and the only talk I've seen is that he's hurt his team for these 4 games he'll be out. Nothing about him personally, that he's ruined his rep, called everything he's done into question, tainted his career from this point forward, etc.

Maybe I'm just not seeing the people who are saying those things, but from what I've heard you'd think it was just another guy getting a DUI arrest and missing a few games. No outrage about cheating, no nothing.

Not that I will defend either of these guys, but to point out a distinct difference. Palmeiro sat before a Congressional panel and said "I never never ever ever ever never never ever ..." and then dropped a dirty sample. I don't recall Merriman ever appearing before a Congressional witch hunt panel, but that could be my fuzzy memory...

greg63
10-24-2006, 10:42 AM
Yes, I have just returned from my Tv appearance, sometimes business calls.....I know you all missed my presence and great knowledge on this night.

It looks like Bert obviously has not yet heard that babies are high in fat and cholesterol content.

Calcountry
10-24-2006, 11:13 AM
DAMNIT CARL!

Forgot about Palmer.

Guess that brings it to 99.982312 give or take.......Just how did Palmer recover so quickly from that knee injury? :hmmm:

Calcountry
10-24-2006, 11:16 AM
He's bagging on Mecca, who provided us with that pearl of wisdom in the other Merriman thread.....Mecca is becoming a troll of sorts. He delights in pissing off the "homers" as he calls them. He goes out of his way, to post negativity about the Chiefs while at the same time, claiming that it is just non homerism and opinion. Yet, the opinion is always the same: Point out negativity about the Chiefs, or when the screw up. When one of the Chiefs franchise players gets hurt, Mecca is virtually an ambulance chaser for the offending players and their teams.

Calcountry
10-24-2006, 11:17 AM

Maybe I'm just not seeing the people who are saying those things, but from what I've heard you'd think it was just another guy getting a DUI arrest and missing a few games. No outrage about cheating, no nothing.I wonder if he was juicing when he ended Priest's career?

Calcountry
10-24-2006, 11:18 AM
Yes, I have just returned from my Tv appearance, sometimes business calls.....I know you all missed my presence and great knowledge on this night.Yeah, we missed you like the common cold, there is no cure for you.

GoHuge
10-24-2006, 11:54 AM
Man I really like his play on the field and want to believe him but this is the same ol' shit from these guys. He is a Dolt and unfortunately he is looking like just another thug on a team filled with them. It won't be long and they'll have one of the best prison teams ever assembled. "I didn't do anything wrong, and blah blah....I'm a man and I'm gonna handle this.....well do it and shut up. Between him and Kenny Rogers I can barely stand to go to ESPN.com

TN_Chief
10-24-2006, 11:58 AM
Those two assclowns (Merriman and his lawyer) are completely full of shit. "It was a supplement contaminated by the manufacturer with nadrolone" my ass.

Because that's how supplement companies stay in business and make money...by violating federal law and spiking their cheap-to-make-yet-overpriced products with expensive drugs.

Do these assholes just think everyone on the planet is stupid?

Chiefnj
10-24-2006, 12:12 PM
Every team trainer and doctor has a list of supplements that are clean. If you aren't running things by them you are: (a) stupid, or (b) don't want them to know what you are taking.

Inspector
10-24-2006, 12:17 PM

Heck, Scanlon actually produces natural steroids within his own liver that he sells to the rest of the league for top dollar.

BigRock
10-24-2006, 12:35 PM
Not that I will defend either of these guys, but to point out a distinct difference. Palmeiro sat before a Congressional panel and said "I never never ever ever ever never never ever ..." and then dropped a dirty sample. I don't recall Merriman ever appearing before a Congressional witch hunt panel, but that could be my fuzzy memory...
Palmerio's just the first name that popped into my head. He's one of many examples. He's certainly not the only one who's denied taking something despite a positive steroid test, and he's not even close to being the only one who baseball has turned into a bad guy.