PDA

View Full Version : What's Seattle going to do?

Warrior5
10-26-2006, 06:25 AM
Stack the box with 7-8 to stop LJ? Seattle already has a good rush D ( so does SD).

Are they going to have Julian Peterson draped all over Gonzales?

What's the Seattle defensive plan?

Chief Nute
10-26-2006, 07:02 AM
They're probably going to lose.

KC Jones
10-26-2006, 07:22 AM
Stack the box with 7-8 to stop LJ? Seattle already has a good rush D ( so does SD).

Pretty much. Peterson will match Gonzo stride for stride and they'll stack the box to contain LJ. Try to force it on Huard and our receivers. I also expect them to sit on the short routes that we seem to be favoring.

Offensively I expect a pretty conservative plan from them with plenty of draws and screens to try to punish Hali/Allen for being aggressive. Since their offense is so depleted I'd expect the Walruss to throw in a healthy dose of 'trick plays' too - razzle dazzle.

Radar Chief
10-26-2006, 07:28 AM
Pretty much. Peterson will match Gonzo stride for stride and they'll stack the box to contain LJ. Try to force it on Huard and our receivers. I also expect them to sit on the short routes that we seem to be favoring.

Yup. When Peterson played for San Fran, the last time he covered Tony, he got ESPN’s “Player of the Week” for get free piggy back rides all game long. Expect plenty more of that, at least ‘till he gets flagged. Like that’ll happen. :rolleyes:

tiptap
10-26-2006, 09:10 AM
I have been looking at the statitistics of the success of the running game devided among the left end, tackle, mid quard, right tackle and right end. If it wasn't for the interior play, the mid/guard play runs we would be last in yds per running play. Think about that, you have LJ in the backfield and you get output per play like J. Lewis of Baltimore. Seattle has a good run defense and not a 3-4 one that is suceptible to runs up the middle but a 4-3. They will be concentrating on stopping the runs up the middle and they WOULDN'T put a 8th man in the box. This defense will be able to hold its own in ground defense and will see if Huard can beat them with a normal secondary and Peterson on TG.

It will be harder offensively this game.

Fire Me Boy!
10-26-2006, 09:15 AM
Yup. When Peterson played for San Fran, the last time he covered Tony, he got ESPN’s “Player of the Week” for get free piggy back rides all game long. Expect plenty more of that, at least ‘till he gets flagged. Like that’ll happen. :rolleyes:
At least Herm doesn't go and cry to the refs about them holding TonyG, making them flag TonyG for holding on their very first opportunity. :banghead:

Frosty
10-26-2006, 09:55 AM
Apparently, they are going to to panic and change a bunch of their starters.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawks/2003323420_hawknotes26.html

RINGLEADER
10-26-2006, 10:34 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see them stack the line and double up Tony. Also would be surprised to see them put Wallace in a position to run with the ball a lot to frustrate our pass rush and get Seneca into the game more. Still think if the Chiefs get off to a fast start they'll fold.

StcChief
10-26-2006, 12:58 PM
What's Seattle gonna do.....

LOSE

Archie Bunker
10-26-2006, 01:35 PM
I just can't get this vision out of my head of the Chiefs giving up 1st down after 1st down on Senaca scrambles.

Crashride
10-26-2006, 01:38 PM
The seagulls will do the same thing every other team has been doing only it wont be as effective

Calcountry
10-26-2006, 01:51 PM
I just can't get this vision out of my head of the Chiefs giving up 1st down after 1st down on Senaca scrambles.Actually, we did well against the Atlanta Vicks the last time they played at Arrowhead.

BigRedChief
10-26-2006, 01:55 PM
Bootleg every other play. Roll out every 3rd play.

BigRedChief
10-26-2006, 01:57 PM
Actually, we did well against the Atlanta Vicks the last time they played at Arrowhead.

51- 10 or something like that and they went on to the NFC championship game that year. So get our butts handed to us in Pitt is an omen for the season.

beer bacon
10-26-2006, 01:59 PM
Bootleg every other play. Roll out every 3rd play.

And cart Seneca off the field in the second quarter.

Warrior5
10-26-2006, 02:07 PM
I just can't get this vision out of my head of the Chiefs giving up 1st down after 1st down on Senaca scrambles.

That's a great point, and I was going to start a separate thread on what their O gameplan was going to be.

Teeing it up for you...

Warrior5
10-26-2006, 02:12 PM
I have been looking at the statitistics of the success of the running game devided among the left end, tackle, mid quard, right tackle and right end. If it wasn't for the interior play, the mid/guard play runs we would be last in yds per running play. Think about that, you have LJ in the backfield and you get output per play like J. Lewis of Baltimore. Seattle has a good run defense and not a 3-4 one that is suceptible to runs up the middle but a 4-3. They will be concentrating on stopping the runs up the middle and they WOULDN'T put a 8th man in the box. This defense will be able to hold its own in ground defense and will see if Huard can beat them with a normal secondary and Peterson on TG.

It will be harder offensively this game.

Good analysis...I just read that Holmgren will start Babineaux at S over Boulware because he's been burned too much recently on deep passes.

I don't have any read on Babineaux.

Bob Dole
10-26-2006, 02:16 PM
Word on the street is that Holmgren was spotted talking to a group on Miniditkas at a steakhouse last night.

Inspector
10-26-2006, 02:17 PM
I'm not sure what they are going to do.

Maybe poo-poo their panties.

Bob Dole
10-26-2006, 04:25 PM
Has anyone looked up the record of QBs making their first NFL start at Arrowhead? Seems like there' a stat like that floating around somewhere, and it's not a good one.

Halfcan
10-26-2006, 05:09 PM
Seattle is going to take an embarassing ass kicking then fly back home.

blueballs
10-26-2006, 05:12 PM
Wallace has already lost once
at Arrowhead

Calcountry
10-26-2006, 05:29 PM
51- 10 or something like that and they went on to the NFC championship game that year. So get our butts handed to us in Pitt is an omen for the season.I think we were 0-3 going into that game. Ahh, Dickie's 04 bust of a season.

Direckshun
10-26-2006, 05:57 PM
I absolutely dare Seattle to force KC into a passing game, even with Tony G likely draped.

Seattle is vulnerable in their secondary. Kennison, Parker, and Dante will be get open and Huard will carve up the D.

MichaelH
10-26-2006, 06:00 PM
What's Seattle going to do?

If we treat it as an easy win, much like what Philly did last year.

Easy 6
10-26-2006, 06:30 PM

Well i believe Huard has proven he can make some throws so they wont stack the box at all times, i think they will play it pretty even handed. Julian(worst football name EVER) will prolly be on TG, which means getting Wilson and even Dunn a few catches for us. If nothing else Solari has proven that he will stick with the run, seacrock run D isnt on par with the dolts so i see 140 for LJ. They might try to have taco launch a few deep early to surprise us but beyond that i see a lot of true west coast O stuff, screens, slants etc. short stuff. We had better not let Branch get behind us...bye-bye birdie.

KChiefs1
10-26-2006, 06:33 PM
How have the Chiefs fared against mobile QB's?

ct
10-27-2006, 01:59 PM
football threads get a bump