PDA

View Full Version : FFL help needed, PLEASE!!!

Fire Me Boy!
10-27-2006, 08:08 AM
Well, I'm trying to snag a QB since Huard may be out... my starter was Hasselbeck.

Who do I grab...

Frye, Charlie vs. NYJ minus RT Ryan Tucker

Plummer, Jake vs. IND minus LT Matt Lepsis

Johnson, Brad vs. NE

Young, Vince vs. HOU

Brock
10-27-2006, 08:16 AM
They're all at home, FWIW.

Kyle401
10-27-2006, 08:17 AM
For this week, I would probably take inVinceable.

Fire Me Boy!
10-27-2006, 08:18 AM
They're all at home, FWIW.
Thanks, I didn't even think about that... I just put the ampersand in there showing who they were playing.

Ketchup&Mustard
10-27-2006, 08:25 AM
If Favre is available, I would pick him up. I don't know if he will be or not, but he is in my league. Out of all the choices you gave, I would take Plummer (even though I hate to say it) because he's going to get behind against Indy, and have to throw a lot. But, that's just my opinion.

Fire Me Boy!
10-27-2006, 08:44 AM
If Favre is available, I would pick him up. I don't know if he will be or not, but he is in my league. Out of all the choices you gave, I would take Plummer (even though I hate to say it) because he's going to get behind against Indy, and have to throw a lot. But, that's just my opinion.
When he gets pressure, though, Plummer throws INTs. And Favre is taken.

Archie Bunker
10-27-2006, 08:46 AM
I'd go with Frye. Decent weapons, 1st game under a new OC, and he playing the Jets.

Ceej
10-27-2006, 09:06 AM
I won't start a new thread.

Do I play a HOT NYG D? Or KC's D who is going to kill Wallace @ Arrowhead?

Decisions.

banyon
10-27-2006, 09:36 AM
I got one: TE

Crumpler v. the Bengals

or Winslow v. the NY Jets?

banyon
10-27-2006, 09:37 AM

Decisions.

I think you got a better chance at turnovers and a Defensive TD with the :arrow: .

Ceej
10-27-2006, 09:37 AM
Crumpler.

Hound333
10-27-2006, 09:39 AM
I would play Plummer and hope he doesn't have one of his 0 TD 3 INT games.

noa
10-27-2006, 09:41 AM
Well, I'm trying to snag a QB since Huard may be out... my starter was Hasselbeck.

Who do I grab...

Johnson, Brad vs. NE

Young, Vince vs. HOU

I think you should take Brad Johnson. Charlie Frye is facing the better matchup, but he hasn't played that well this season. Also, Johnson has a better running game to open things up for him.

noa
10-27-2006, 09:43 AM

Crumpler v. the Bengals

This is tough. I really like Winslow in this matchup, but Crumpler is coming off a 3 TD game that the Falcons won, so maybe the Falcons will be thinking that he is the key to victory. I would go with Crumpler.

Archie Bunker
10-27-2006, 09:47 AM

Decisions.

I'd go with KC. I think they will put up big fantasy numbers like they did against SF.

Archie Bunker
10-27-2006, 09:49 AM

Crumpler v. the Bengals

I really like Winslow against the Jets. Either would be a good play IMO.

patteeu
10-27-2006, 09:53 AM
These are some tough decisions, but I'll go with Vince Young, Alge Crumpler, and the Chiefs Defense.

Archie Bunker
10-27-2006, 10:01 AM
I got a quick one

Willie Parker @ Oak
Bell @ Indy
Addai vs Den

My first reaction is Parker but Oakland's D is surprisingly good, Bell could have a big game but he isnt really a TD machine, and Addai probably shouldn't be considered but could be a sleeper.

Also would you give any thought to starting Favre over Palmer?

Brock
10-27-2006, 10:03 AM
I got a quick one

Willie Parker @ Oak
Bell @ Indy
Addai vs Den

My first reaction is Parker but Oakland's D is surprisingly good, Bell could have a big game but he isnt really a TD machine, and Addai probably shouldn't be considered but could be a sleeper.

Oakland's defense isn't surprisingly good, it's incredibly bad. They're 26th rushing and Parker should have a monster game. So should T. Bell, unless the turf toe is worse than they're letting on.

Cormac
10-27-2006, 10:07 AM

Who do I grab...

Johnson, Brad vs. NE

Young, Vince vs. HOU

I'd go with Brad Johnson. Have a hunch that game will be high scoring. I wouldn't touch Plummer. He has done nothing to warrant an FFL start this year (if ever :D). Besides, do you want him dropping back to pass if behind to Indy, without his left tackle. He could have a big game, but he's more likely to stink as far as Fort Collins. Charlie Frye would be my 2nd choice, FWIW.

Cormac
10-27-2006, 10:09 AM

Decisions.

Tough call. I could see KC playing a big game....:hmmm:

Cormac
10-27-2006, 10:10 AM

Crumpler v. the Bengals

I'd take Crumpler. He's Vick's first option on most plays and he's coming off a huge game.

Cormac
10-27-2006, 10:13 AM
I got a quick one

Willie Parker @ Oak
Bell @ Indy
Addai vs Den

Tough call on the RBs. I'd take Tatum Bell. And I'd stick with Palmer. JMO.

Old Dog
10-27-2006, 10:20 AM
Brad Johnson
Winslow
KC
Bell

ct
10-27-2006, 10:31 AM
Fire Me Boy - Vince Young
CJizzles - KC
banyon - Alge Crumpler
Archie - Tatem Bell, unless you hear more about his turf toe, then FWP.

I've got a trade question:

Westbrook is my only solid (if you can call him that) RB. Others are DeShaun Foster, Fred Taylor, Lawrence Maroney, Jerius Norwood, Chris Perry.

Trying to trade for Leon Washington, somebody I might be able to get fairly cheap. This owner already has Ronnie Brown, FWP, Chester Taylor, so Leon is expendable. Considering offering Foster/Taylor and Matt Jones for Leon and maybe a kicker for some depth. Any thoughts?

Predarat
10-27-2006, 10:31 AM

Who do I grab...

Johnson, Brad vs. NE

Young, Vince vs. HOU

I had about the same thing happen and Frye is probably a good option, but Steve McNair was available so I took a chance and got him. But I really considered Frye. I wanted Batch but that punk Bill Cower is going to start Big Ben.

Ceej
10-27-2006, 10:33 AM
Drew Brees @ home against Baltimore?
orrrrr. . . .
Chad Pennington @ Cleveland?!

ct
10-27-2006, 10:35 AM
Drew Brees @ home against Baltimore?
orrrrr. . . .
Chad Pennington @ Cleveland?!

Pennington

luv
10-27-2006, 11:00 AM
I'm gonna hijack this thread instead of starting another one.

Is it a good idea to start Jackson if Hasselbeck is out?

Ceej
10-27-2006, 11:02 AM
What are your other options?

noa
10-27-2006, 11:04 AM
I'm gonna hijack this thread instead of starting another one.

Is it a good idea to start Jackson if Hasselbeck is out?

I think it depends what your other options are. If you don't have any other #1 WRs, you should probably start Jackson, but if you have other options, I'd go down that alley. Jackson might not be a terrible start because backup QBs tend to rely on the strengths of the offense as opposed to the 3rd and 4th options.

luv
10-27-2006, 11:06 AM
What are your other options?
I've currently got Jackson, Boldin, and Toomer playing.
Benched, I've got Braylon Edwards and Terry Glenn.

Ceej
10-27-2006, 11:07 AM
I've got Toomer, he's been a big disappointment aside from his one 10rec. 189 yards week.

I picked up Nate Washington to replace him.

noa
10-27-2006, 11:08 AM
I've currently got Jackson, Boldin, and Toomer playing.
Benched, I've got Braylon Edwards and Terry Glenn.

In that case, I would stay start Braylon. He didn't do anything last week, but he has a much better matchup this week. As for Terry Glenn, I'm not so sure how he'll do with Tony Romo at QB. Romo seems to have a good thing going with T.O., so it might mean fewer points for Glenn.

Skyy God
10-27-2006, 11:55 AM
Hijack alert!

Leinart at GB or
Batch/Roethlesberger at Oakland?

Green Bay gives up the 4th most points to a QB in Yahoo scoring, almost double Oakland. I'm leaning Leinart.

noa
10-27-2006, 12:01 PM
Hijack alert!

Leinart at GB or
Batch/Roethlesberger at Oakland?

Green Bay gives up the 4th most points to a QB in Yahoo scoring, almost double Oakland. I'm leaning Leinart.

Leinart all the way. He will take you to the promised land.

patteeu
10-27-2006, 12:08 PM
I got a quick one

Willie Parker @ Oak
Bell @ Indy
Addai vs Den

I'd definitely go with Tatum Bell and hope that he breaks through for a couple of TDs this week in addition to the yards that are all but guaranteed.

I'd be tempted with Favre, but in the end I'd probably stick with Carson Palmer (because surely Palmer will pick up his game soon), especially in a league that penalizes INTs (because surely Favre is going to fall off the mistake-avoidance wagon soon).

Tinlar
10-27-2006, 12:21 PM
I was in a similar shit hole with two starting QB's side lined. I was ablt to make some moves and get Kitna and Leinhart (keeping Hasselbeck for the run down the stretch)

If you can get Leinhart (and you probably can in most leagues) he's worth a start this week.

ct
10-27-2006, 01:40 PM
luv - I'm starting DJax, so I still recommend him.
Pittsie - Leinart, no brainer.

Eleazar
10-27-2006, 01:57 PM
Can we get a seperate subforum for weekly fantasy football help requests?

Skyy God
10-27-2006, 02:51 PM
Can we get a seperate subforum for weekly fantasy football help requests?

No. The Games subforum is the poorly lit aisle in the back of CP. No one ever goes there.

I was in a similar shit hole with two starting QB's side lined. I was ablt to make some moves and get Kitna and Leinhart (keeping Hasselbeck for the run down the stretch)

Wow, that'll be me next week. I'm playing the Chiefs D this week instead of the Browncows and will drop them for Kitna. Thanks, E.J. Henderson.