PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hungry? Cowboys' Assistant Coach sues McDonalds over dead rat in salad

FloridaMan88
10-27-2006, 10:28 AM
Cowboys assistant suing McDonald's
Files $1.7M suit for finding a dead rat in salad in June

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/10/26/cowboys.rat.salad.ap/index.html

DALLAS (AP) -- Dallas Cowboys passing game coordinator Todd Haley is suing a suburban McDonald's after claiming his wife and their family's au pair found a dead rat in their salad.

The lawsuit filed Thursday in state district court seeks $1.7 million in damages, The Dallas Morning News reported on its Web site.

In addition to Haley, who got in a well-publicized shouting match with Terrell Owens earlier this month, the suit was also filed on behalf of his wife Christine and the family's live-in babysitter, Kathryn Kelley.

The dead rodent, believed to be a juvenile roof rat, was about 6 inches long and was found on its back with its mouth opened, Scott Casterline, a spokesman for the family, told The Associated Press.

He said the women didn't find the rat until taking the salad home to eat, and that a manager from the McDonald's "didn't offer any comfort" after driving to their house to see the rodent. The suit was filed after the restaurant didn't follow through on promises "to make things right," he said.

"The family needs closure," Casterline told The Associated Press. "It came to a point where you have to draw a line."

A message left for McDonald's Corp. spokesman Walt Riker on Thursday evening was not immediately returned. Ken Lobato, owner-operator of the McDonald's in Southlake, told the newspaper that he hadn't seen the suit and couldn't respond.

"Nothing is more important to us than the safety and well-being of our customers," he said. "We maintain the strictest quality standards. We take these matters seriously and are conducting a full investigation to get all the facts.

"In my years as an owner-operator, I've never seen anything like this."

According to the lawsuit, Christine Haley and Kelley had eaten part of the salad purchased June 5 before the dead rodent was uncovered.

The women became violently ill and endured long-lasting physical injuries, the lawsuit said. Chritine Haley, who was nursing, states she had to feed her baby with formula.

In the Cowboys' loss against Philadelphia on Oct. 8, Owens was seen screaming at Haley on the sideline. Owens later said his relationship with Haley was ruined, but then said after his three-touchdown game against the Texans on Oct. 15 that there was mutual respect between the two.

JBucc
10-27-2006, 10:32 AM
You give me 1.7 million you can put that dead mouse getting humpeded by another mouse in my salad for all I care.

Rooster
10-27-2006, 10:34 AM
McDonald's has salads??? :shrug:

KChiefsQT
10-27-2006, 10:42 AM
Funny that it wasn't found until they got home. Another Wendy's I found a finger in my chili scam. lame

siberian khatru
10-27-2006, 10:44 AM
Michael Irvin is defending the rat.

Fire Me Boy!
10-27-2006, 10:45 AM
The dead rodent, believed to be a juvenile roof rat, was about 6 inches long and was found on its back with its mouth opened, Scott Casterline, a spokesman for the family, told The Associated Press.

It's those juvenile delinquent roof rats in Dallas. Damn juveniles.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-27-2006, 10:48 AM
that would be a delicacy in some countries

Fish
10-27-2006, 10:53 AM
Funny that it wasn't found until they got home. Another Wendy's I found a finger in my chili scam. lame

Do you search your food for dead rodents on the drive home from McD's?

Something tells me that a family who can afford a live-in nanny wouldn't need to stoop to Wendy's chili-finger tactics just for money....

Rain Man
10-27-2006, 10:54 AM
Simple mixup. They were accidentally given the McRodent salad instead of the McChicken salad. Big deal.

Easy 6
10-27-2006, 11:02 AM
Michael Irvin is defending the rat.
Yeah, the rats a lil' high strung Boom, but thats how we Wr's is. The rat is one of da bess route runners in da biz. Back me up on dis guys!!!....No????

StcChief
10-27-2006, 11:07 AM
Better have some real proof. This could be a he said/she said thing.

chagrin
10-27-2006, 11:23 AM
Anyone hear about that new beef lip sandwich, they got coming out, it's called the McJagger, HEY-oh! I'm here all week!

Rain Man
10-27-2006, 11:37 AM
Deep in the Amazon jungle, a mighty python slithers through the underbrush. His tongue flickering, eyes darting quickly, he spies a familiar shadow in the earth. The giant beast approaches the hole, peeks in to assure that it's empty, and enters its secret lair. He pushes deep into the cavern, the smell of rich Amazon soil overtaking and surpassing the aroma of verdant jungle greenery. Reaching his destination, the great body coils up, masses of green and black muscle layering atop each other. He turns on the television, opens his McDonald's bag, and hisses in frustration. They got his order wrong.

KChiefsQT
10-27-2006, 11:41 AM
Do you search your food for dead rodents on the drive home from McD's?

Something tells me that a family who can afford a live-in nanny wouldn't need to stoop to Wendy's chili-finger tactics just for money....

I don't choose to eat at McDonalds... and honestly if I did I probably would search my food on the way home.

Hammock Parties
10-27-2006, 11:41 AM
Nice apostrophe.

BWillie
10-27-2006, 11:45 AM
How can they sue them? I don't think he is that low to put a rat in his own food but really how can you prove the origin of the rat? And they became violently ill because of the rat? Please, they are chicks, what do you expect a chick to do. Freaking out and saying oh my god isn't the same as getting "ill".

JBucc
10-27-2006, 11:47 AM
I don't choose to eat at McDonaldsI get the chicken nuggets. The chicken nuggets there are awesome. Sometimes I get a quarter pounder with cheese but I like Burger King's burgers better really. But damn those nuggets are tasty.

KChiefsQT
10-27-2006, 11:49 AM
I get the chicken nuggets. The chicken nuggets there are awesome. Sometimes I get a quarter pounder with cheese but I like Burger King's burgers better really. But damn those nuggets are tasty.

I wonder what you're having for lunch... hehe. Can you taste those "all white meat" nuggets as you're reading this? :p

KChiefsQT
10-27-2006, 11:52 AM
How can they sue them? I don't think he is that low to put a rat in his own food but really how can you prove the origin of the rat? And they became violently ill because of the rat? Please, they are chicks, what do you expect a chick to do. Freaking out and saying oh my god isn't the same as getting "ill".

He didn't... but the nanny on the other hand (who found the rat) could have easily. Where is Nancy Drew when you need her?? The McDonlads Rat Murder Mystery Series. I can see it already
Prime Suspect: The Nanny with help from EradiRat.... doun doun doun

JBucc
10-27-2006, 11:52 AM
I wonder what you're having for lunch... hehe. Can you taste those "all white meat" nuggets as you're reading this? :pI do like them better now that they are all white meat, less of that grissle stuff that used to be in them, but the star of the show is the crispy golden outside part. I don't know how they make that batter stuff they cook them in but's it's amazing.

BigRock
10-27-2006, 11:59 AM
And they became violently ill because of the rat?
Maybe the rat was carrying the Bubonic Plague? :shrug:

:Lin: :Lin:

KChiefsQT
10-27-2006, 12:00 PM
I do like them better now that they are all white meat, less of that grissle stuff that used to be in them, but the star of the show is the crispy golden outside part. I don't know how they make that batter stuff they cook them in but's it's amazing.
http://www.stuffucanuse.com/Macdonald%20recipies.htm
McDonalds SECRET recipes... hahaha

Rooster
10-27-2006, 12:41 PM
I want to hear more about this nanny. I just keep picturing Fran Drescher in her high pitched voice screaming "Oh my God, there is a rat in my salad!"

Rain Man
10-27-2006, 01:14 PM
Some friends of mine have a Brazilian au pair. They always hide her when I'm at their house, so I've never seen her in person, but she was included in their Christmas picture, and let's just say that I had no idea that Brazilian swimsuit models moonlighted as au pairs.

Crashride
10-27-2006, 01:39 PM
Rats are a part of nature they have no reason to sue. Mecca

sedated
10-27-2006, 01:50 PM
"We maintain the strictest quality standards."

ROFL

ROFL

ROFL

Redrum_69
10-27-2006, 01:52 PM
I had a friend who was the assistant manager of the Mcdonalds back in the 90's. One night I was in his office as he was going over timesheets/payroll. It was approaching closing time and some jackass was screaming over the drive thru, asking for the manager. My buddy walked over to the mic and asked how he could help him. This customer ranted and raved about how he had ordered a burger and specifically told them to hold the onions. Of course being that late of night, there were only two people there. My friend told the angry customer to pull forward and he would personally take care of it. As the customer pulled forward, my friend prepared another meal. I dont know what grossed me out more, the snot on the burger mixed in with the special sauce or the way they made sure that the salt stuck to the fries. The customer seemed happy enough to take a bite of the burger to make sure it met his standards.

I havent eaten at a Mcdonalds since and very leary about ANY fast food restaurant.

sedated
10-27-2006, 01:56 PM
I havent eaten at a Mcdonalds since and very leary about ANY fast food restaurant.

you mom is like McDonalds

she's on every corner, has served over 200 billion, leaves a bad taste in your mouth for days, but it's quick, cheap and easy

BWillie
10-27-2006, 06:54 PM
I had a friend who was the assistant manager of the Mcdonalds back in the 90's. One night I was in his office as he was going over timesheets/payroll. It was approaching closing time and some jackass was screaming over the drive thru, asking for the manager. My buddy walked over to the mic and asked how he could help him. This customer ranted and raved about how he had ordered a burger and specifically told them to hold the onions. Of course being that late of night, there were only two people there. My friend told the angry customer to pull forward and he would personally take care of it. As the customer pulled forward, my friend prepared another meal. I dont know what grossed me out more, the snot on the burger mixed in with the special sauce or the way they made sure that the salt stuck to the fries. The customer seemed happy enough to take a bite of the burger to make sure it met his standards.

If you've eaten out in public more than 100 times in your life, then I'm sure you're bound to of eaten a butt nugget or a pube or two. It's a sad thing in life you just have to except. It's kind of like when I think about hot chicks taking a shit. I know it happens, but I try not to think about it.

Spott
10-27-2006, 07:00 PM
Maybe T.O. has a night job at McDonalds.

dj56dt58
10-27-2006, 08:37 PM
Maybe T.O. has a night job at McDonalds.
damn..beat me to it

boogblaster
10-27-2006, 10:55 PM
My friend by in the 70s, when McDs.were 5 for a buck,we'd pull up to the window order 5 burgers, tell them to throw the sack in the back of the truck..they'd say, there's a dog back there,he'd reply,hell yes there is,you didn't think I was going to eat them nasty bastards did you.....

teedubya
10-28-2006, 01:03 AM
Mecca said that the Rat has every right to be there. McDonalds should not be fined.

KChiefs1
02-05-2009, 11:32 PM
non-random bump for the new Chiefs Head Coach!

blueballs
02-05-2009, 11:35 PM
THE RAT IS DEAD
long live the rat killer

blueballs
02-05-2009, 11:47 PM
This could come in handy
latter

FAX
02-05-2009, 11:54 PM
Wow.

Did this turn out to be prophetic, or what? Had his wife "nicked" her tooth on the rat, it would be spooky as all heckfire.

FAX

Shaid
02-06-2009, 12:02 AM
What the hell was Shanahan doing in Haley's salad?

Hammock Parties
02-06-2009, 12:09 AM
Herm would tell Haley: IT HAPPENS. GET OVER IT. THAT'S LIFE.

JuicesFlowing
02-06-2009, 01:53 AM

Did it have the white chalk outline around it's body?