PDA

View Full Version : Huard update, not in practice Friday morning

Fire Me Boy!
10-27-2006, 10:54 AM
Chiefs' Huard hurt in practice

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) – Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Damon Huard did not participate in warmups before practice Friday, a day after he was reportedly injured.

Huard was injured near the end of practice Thursday and his status for Sunday's game against Seattle was uncertain, an unidentified source told The Kansas City Star.

A team spokesman told The Associated Press there would be no comment until after practice Friday. Huard was on the practice field during warmups Friday but did not participate. The team's other three quarterbacks, including Trent Green, were seen doing a light workout before practice.

Rookie Brodie Croyle finished practice with the first team Thursday, and the regularly scheduled news conference with the starting quarterback was canceled. The team said the news conference was canceled because the team had an NFL Players' Association meeting.

Green, the Chiefs' No. 1 quarterback, returned to limited practice this week for the first time since suffering a severe concussion on Sept. 10. He is expected to miss at least two more games.

Although Huard hadn't started a game since 2000, he has done well in Green's absence, passing for 1,163 yards, throwing for seven touchdowns and only one interception and compiling a quarterback rating of 96.7.

Donger
10-27-2006, 10:57 AM

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) – Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Damon Huard did not participate in warmups before practice Friday, a day after he was reportedly injured.

He didn't particpate in warm-ups? Or he didn't participate in practice?

Hammock Parties
10-27-2006, 10:57 AM
Precautionary.

noa
10-27-2006, 11:00 AM
Why did Herm have to bring his bad QB luck with him?

morphius
10-27-2006, 11:04 AM
Precautionary.
Let us hope. I didn't think we could get any worse off then when we had to start Huard, but another loss there could completely kill the season.

Bowser
10-27-2006, 11:04 AM
Heard on a news blurb on 810 that "a source close to the situation" said that it was highly unlikely Huard would not start against the Seachickens. Take that for what it's worth.

C-Mac
10-27-2006, 11:24 AM
Heard on a news blurb on 810 that "a source close to the situation" said that it was highly unlikely Huard would not start against the Seachickens. Take that for what it's worth.

:hmmm:
A: Likely to start
B: Unlikley to start

StcChief
10-27-2006, 11:24 AM
My MIL cousin's friend confirmed that he will start Sunday.

Bowser
10-27-2006, 11:25 AM
:hmmm:
A: Likely to start
B: Unlikley to start

He should start.

I'm tackling chaos math next.

Bowser
10-27-2006, 11:26 AM
My MIL cousin's friend confirmed that he will start Sunday.

Thank you, Simone.

Easy 6
10-27-2006, 11:27 AM
I just spoke with a talking lizard that was standing on a rock in Utah, he said Huard will start & that i'm allowed to have 46 wives.

chiefqueen
10-27-2006, 11:28 AM

It looks to me like you need to repeat 9th grade English.

Braincase
10-27-2006, 11:29 AM
I'm not going to comment until we here from d00sh's inside source from Damon Huard's wife's hairdressers Scientology auditing session with the ascendent spirit of an ancient Atlantean demi-god named Zorgon.

Warrior5
10-27-2006, 11:32 AM
...The team's other three quarterbacks, including Trent Green, were seen doing a light workout before practice...

So who's the 4th QB? PS guy?

dtebbe
10-27-2006, 11:33 AM
Sirius is reporting that the injury is a groin injury.

Not Good.

DT

JBucc
10-27-2006, 11:34 AM
So who's the 4th QB? PS guy?I guess it's Casey Printers. Didn't we call him up after Trent got injured.

BWillie
10-27-2006, 11:35 AM
What is wrong with him? What is the nature of his injury? Surely somebody knows.

AHH nevermind, he injured his groin. Ya, hard to see him not playing. That'd have to be a big groin injury. Just give him some pain killers, he should be alright. It's not like he's out there tacklin' 300 pound motherf*****s.

FAX
I've communed with Zorgon and that guy doesn't know diddly. He does make a pretty decent coconut cupcake, though.

Realizing that Zorgon is little more than a mouthpiece for the already discredited Atlantean underworld, I googled the term "groin tweak" and found that there are approximately 6 billion and 4 varieties of same ranging from "slight groin tweak" to "severe and hampering groin tweak". I wonder which one Damon got and if 4 hours of intensive groin massage would take care of it.

Either way, I'll bet Herm's hands are cramping at this point.

FAX

Cormac
I just spoke with a talking lizard that was standing on a rock in Utah, he said Huard will start & that i'm allowed to have 46 wives.

You say that like it's a good thing.

:p

penguinz
What is wrong with him? What is the nature of his injury? Surely somebody knows.
He chipped a tooth on a dead rat in his salad.

Hammock Parties
10-27-2006, 11:38 AM
Looks like it would make it hard to step into throws if he strained the right groin. Left groin might be a little easier.

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/4466/groinstree0.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Bowser
10-27-2006, 11:38 AM
It looks to me like you need to repeat 9th grade English.

Ain't never done no good, no hows.

Dartgod
10-27-2006, 11:39 AM
Yo! Pass the peyote over here.

Bowser
10-27-2006, 11:42 AM

"Yew guys! Yew guys! Did you see the size of that cock-a-doodle-gawd-damned-do??"

Easy 6
10-27-2006, 11:44 AM
Yo! Pass the peyote over here.
You will have to run and catch up with that mysterious Indian dude, he's cresting that dune over there...catch him...before he reaches the portal!!!

Easy 6
10-27-2006, 11:46 AM
You say that like it's a good thing.

:p
Ya gotta admit, it would take some real work to have your sex life go stale :)

Hootie
10-27-2006, 12:02 PM
The local Fox television affiliate in Kansas City reports that QB Damon Huard suffered a groin injury at Thursday's practice.
It's amazing the details were kept quiet for nearly 24 hours and even now nothing has been confirmed with the team. If Huard can't play Sunday, QB Brodie Croyle would be thrust into starting duty with QB Trent Green (concussion) not ready to return yet. Oct. 27 - 1:00 pm et

Easy 6
10-27-2006, 12:08 PM
"Yew guys! Yew guys! Did you see the size of that cock-a-doodle-gawd-damned-do??"
Were goin to the spirit world........................

ZootedGranny
10-27-2006, 12:13 PM
810 said Bob Fescoe's "sources" believe Huard will be able to start Sunday.

Inspector
10-27-2006, 12:14 PM
What happens if Huard and Green are out and Brodie gets killed in the first quarter?

Direct snap to LJ?

No worries, Huard will start, right?

Hootie
10-27-2006, 12:15 PM
I assume Printers would be activated and Dee Brown would be the emergency QB...

Inspector
10-27-2006, 12:18 PM
I assume Printers would be activated and Dee Brown would be the emergency QB...

Inspector runs screaming from the room holding his soon to explode head....

SPchief
10-27-2006, 12:19 PM
What happens if Huard and Green are out and Brodie gets killed in the first quarter?

Direct snap to LJ?

No worries, Huard will start, right?

Two words:

Kris Wilson

Fire Me Boy!
10-27-2006, 12:26 PM
Chiefs' Huard may not start in Sunday's game

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) – Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Damon Huard is nursing a sore hamstring and did not practice today – and he may not start Sunday against Seattle.

Coach Herm Edwards said rookie Brodie Croyle would start if Huard can't play. He said it could be a game-day decision.

Croyle was drafted last spring out of Alabama. He worked exclusively with the first team today, while Huard watched from the sidelines. Croyle said he thinks he'll be ready Sunday "if I need to be."

Huard was injured yesterday, leaving Croyle to finish that day's practice with the first team.

Number-one quarterback Trent Green returned to limited practice this week for the first time since suffering a severe concussion on Sept. 10. He's expected to miss at least two more games.

Although Huard hadn't started a game since 2000, he has done well in Green's absence. He has passed for 1,163 yards, thrown for seven touchdowns and only one interception and compiled a quarterback rating of 96.7.

FAX
10-27-2006, 12:28 PM
... Croyle said he thinks he'll be ready Sunday "if I need to be."...

Good God in Heaven.

FAX

Inspector
10-27-2006, 12:29 PM
dammit!

Yeah, we're gonna need a big game from Kris Wilson alright!

Rooster
10-27-2006, 12:29 PM
Two words:

Kris Wilson

He is the secret weapon after all. I believe Bigfoot to be the QBOTF in Kansas City. He's got it all.

Donger
10-27-2006, 12:30 PM
"You red-ass, Mexican greaser! You do it with your horse!"

jynni
10-27-2006, 12:41 PM
Well...at least Seattle won't know which QB they're getting till game time...