PDA

View Full Version : Man, the flu bug really eats you alive....

Mosbonian
10-28-2006, 12:02 PM
Normally I've been pretty lucky when it comes to the seasonal flu bug. I rarely get it, but when I do, it doesn't seem to affect me as much as it does most other people.

But this years version is already kicking my a$$....I went home sick from work yesterday afternoon feeling the onset of this thing. It has pretty much had it's way with me since then. Sleep is at a premium, and if I see one more food commercial I'm throwing a brick thru the TV.

I hope no one here on the Planet has to endure the bug....or for that matter any Chief's fan.

But if you are a Bronco's or Raider's fan, or you're name is Robert Geathers I hope you get to feel the same pain I do.

mmaddog

Adept Havelock
10-28-2006, 01:22 PM
Watch out for Captain Trips!

;)

Hang in there man. Just remember this too shall pass...even if it does pass like a kidney stone.

Rain Man
10-28-2006, 01:24 PM
Is this just an excuse to get out of jury duty?

JBucc
10-28-2006, 01:25 PM
My advanced immune system does not allow me to get sick. I haven't been to the doc for anything other than a checkup in years.

Mosbonian
10-28-2006, 02:08 PM
My advanced immune system does not allow me to get sick. I haven't been to the doc for anything other than a checkup in years.

Be careful what you brag about....since I started working out, eating better, and watching everything about my life, I have been pretty healthy.

But that doesn't guarantee the flu won't eventually catch up to you.

mmaddog

Mosbonian
10-28-2006, 02:24 PM
Is this just an excuse to get out of jury duty?

No sir your Honor....

Just please remember that if I ask for a recess, it would be a good thing to allow it for the sake of the whole Courtroom.

:Lin: :fart:

mmaddog

Hammock Parties
10-28-2006, 02:27 PM

I have been to the doctor once in the last 8-10 years. I had to get some shit out of my ear. ****ing doctors.

Otter
10-28-2006, 02:57 PM
Hopefully I'll never need it again but have the little lady pick you up a box of the powdered Nightime Thera-Flu before you go to bed for the night.

That stuff knocks out for the night and you'll wake up feeling alot better.

Get better.

Mosbonian
10-28-2006, 05:16 PM
Hopefully I'll never need it again but have the little lady pick you up a box of the powdered Nightime Thera-Flu before you go to bed for the night.

That stuff knocks out for the night and you'll wake up feeling alot better.

Get better.

Thanks.....I'll try anything to get some sleep....

This is a really sad way to lose weight. :(

mmaddog

milkman
10-28-2006, 06:08 PM
I have been to the doctor once in the last 8-10 years. I had to get some shit out of my ear. ****ing doctors.

Damon was high and wide of the mark on that one, huh?

luv
10-28-2006, 06:15 PM
I got a flu shot last Wednesday. A company came out to where I work (they do every year). They were charging $20 to get them. I called a doctor's office to see how much they were charging, and they said $34. I signed up to get one at work. I go in to find out that, as long as you had put your name on the list prior to that day, the company I work for was paying for the shots.

morphius
10-28-2006, 06:25 PM
Thanks.....I'll try anything to get some sleep....

This is a really sad way to lose weight. :(

mmaddog
but a perfect time to start a diet.

Mosbonian
10-28-2006, 07:26 PM
I got a flu shot last Wednesday. A company came out to where I work (they do every year). They were charging $20 to get them. I called a doctor's office to see how much they were charging, and they said $34. I signed up to get one at work. I go in to find out that, as long as you had put your name on the list prior to that day, the company I work for was paying for the shots.

Our company pays for us to get the shot....and we pay $14 if we want family members to get the shots too. Unfortunately we aren't scheduled to get the shots until Nov 14th.

mmaddog

Donger
10-28-2006, 07:39 PM
Just curious, but what are your symptoms?

milkman
10-28-2006, 07:42 PM
Be careful what you brag about....since I started working out, eating better, and watching everything about my life, I have been pretty healthy.

But that doesn't guarantee the flu won't eventually catch up to you.

mmaddog

I eat like crap.
The only workout I get is at work (which is admittedly quite the workout), never worry about taking care of myself, and never get sick.

Mosbonian
10-28-2006, 08:21 PM
Just curious, but what are your symptoms?

I'll spare you the gory details, but it gives neither orifice a break for about the first 12-14 hours......I sweated like I was wearing a wool jumpsuit in the hottest part of summer.....and it felt like I was being punched in the stomach by George Foreman in his prime.

mmaddog

Donger
10-28-2006, 08:34 PM
I'll spare you the gory details, but it gives neither orifice a break for about the first 12-14 hours......I sweated like I was wearing a wool jumpsuit in the hottest part of summer.....and it felt like I was being punched in the stomach by George Foreman in his prime.

mmaddog

Influenza (the flu) typically doesn't involve either diarrhea or vomiting.

You may have gastroenteritis.

These are influenza symptoms: In people, common symptoms of influenza are fever, sore throat, muscle pains, severe headache, coughing, and weakness and fatigue.[1]

Frosty
10-28-2006, 10:13 PM
Get your D:

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=51913

Mosbonian
10-28-2006, 10:43 PM
Influenza (the flu) typically doesn't involve either diarrhea or vomiting.

You may have gastroenteritis.

These are influenza symptoms: In people, common symptoms of influenza are fever, sore throat, muscle pains, severe headache, coughing, and weakness and fatigue.[1]

Donger:

You are correct....I guess I have long subscribed to the old reference of gastroenteritis as "stomach flu"....

Funny...whenever I spoke to someone at the Dr.'s office yesterday afternoon the first thing that they say when you mention the symptoms is..."sounds like you have the flu bug that is making the rounds".

But I stand corrected.

mmaddog