PDA

View Full Version : FFL Defense and Kicker opinion...

DJay23
10-29-2006, 07:19 AM
My matchup this week could be a tight one. I'm 6-1 playing a 3-4 team. I'd like to get to 7-1 becauase in the past 7 wins guarantees playoffs.

Anyway, my defenses are Baltimore (vs. NO) and the Chiefs (Seattle). Common wisdom tells you never to sit a D like Baltimore, but I have a gut feeling that the Chiefs D will rack up some sacks/turnovers. But I need to get this right becuase despite his record the guy I'm facing has good matchups this week.

For kickers, I have Josh Brown (obviously vs. the Chiefs) and Josh Scobee at Philly. The way J-ville has played lately I wouldn't be surprised if they get shut out at Philly today. But then again, I don't feel that Seattle will put up too many points. So I think either one is a poor matchup and it's a toss up. Anyone have an added insight into that decision?

Thanks kids

patteeu
10-29-2006, 09:50 AM
My matchup this week could be a tight one. I'm 6-1 playing a 3-4 team. I'd like to get to 7-1 becauase in the past 7 wins guarantees playoffs.

Anyway, my defenses are Baltimore (vs. NO) and the Chiefs (Seattle). Common wisdom tells you never to sit a D like Baltimore, but I have a gut feeling that the Chiefs D will rack up some sacks/turnovers. But I need to get this right becuase despite his record the guy I'm facing has good matchups this week.

For kickers, I have Josh Brown (obviously vs. the Chiefs) and Josh Scobee at Philly. The way J-ville has played lately I wouldn't be surprised if they get shut out at Philly today. But then again, I don't feel that Seattle will put up too many points. So I think either one is a poor matchup and it's a toss up. Anyone have an added insight into that decision?

Thanks kids

It's tough to sit the Baltimore defense, but I think I'd go with the Chiefs at home this week over Baltimore on the road at New Orleans. I'd probably play Brown as my kicker but I don't feel very confident about either of these recommendations.

Nzoner
10-29-2006, 10:12 AM
I have the same two defenses and went with KC,not just being a homer when I say in this instance I'm going with the home team and it looks as though this could be an ugly game for the Seahawks offense and one that Gunther will have some fun with.

If nothing else look no further than past history of 1st time qb's starting in Arrowhead.

jspchief
10-29-2006, 10:32 AM
If you don't put a lot of stock in matchups:

KC's defense hasn't been great in fantasy terms. They had one great week against SF, and the rest has been mediocre.

Since week 2, Baltimore has only been slightly better than the Chiefs, but they've been more consistent.

Edge: Ravens

If you do put a lot of stock in matchups:

Chiefs at home, facing a backup RB and a backup QB making his first start. Seems like it could be one of those days for a QB and his first time at Arrowhead when the fans are cheering against him (Wallace played there against FSU when in college, with a lot of Iowa fan support).

Meanwhile, Baltimore is facing an offense that might be as well balanced as any in the league, in what is quickly becoming one of the better home field advantages in the league. Brees, McAllister, Horn, Colston, Bush... the Ravens can stop some of these guys, but can they stop them all?

Edge: Chiefs

I normally try to avoid putting too much stock into matchups, but defenses probably get the most attention in that regard. If you have a solid team and want to plat it safe, play the Ravens D. If you need to gamble to make a move, play the Chiefs with their potential high reward.

DJay23
10-29-2006, 11:04 AM
If you don't put a lot of stock in matchups:

KC's defense hasn't been great in fantasy terms. They had one great week against SF, and the rest has been mediocre.

Since week 2, Baltimore has only been slightly better than the Chiefs, but they've been more consistent.

Edge: Ravens

If you do put a lot of stock in matchups:

Chiefs at home, facing a backup RB and a backup QB making his first start. Seems like it could be one of those days for a QB and his first time at Arrowhead when the fans are cheering against him (Wallace played there against FSU when in college, with a lot of Iowa fan support).

Meanwhile, Baltimore is facing an offense that might be as well balanced as any in the league, in what is quickly becoming one of the better home field advantages in the league. Brees, McAllister, Horn, Colston, Bush... the Ravens can stop some of these guys, but can they stop them all?

Edge: Chiefs

I normally try to avoid putting too much stock into matchups, but defenses probably get the most attention in that regard. If you have a solid team and want to plat it safe, play the Ravens D. If you need to gamble to make a move, play the Chiefs with their potential high reward.
Ok, my gut was to start the Chiefs D, this confirms my gut. Go with the GUT.