PDA

View Full Version : Stull Kansas..

crispystl
10-30-2006, 08:21 AM
I read a thread acople of days ago where a few people mentioned this place. I've heard this place is scary as hell. Has anyone been there or know anyone that has been there????

Que Card QB
10-30-2006, 08:29 AM
Went to the old church (in the cemetary) in High School with a bunch of friends. Supposedly it's one of the seven gates to hell (whatever that means). All we saw was an old abandoned church, but it's kind of weird seeing an old, stone, decrepit church in the middle of a cemetary.
I've heard other stories: A tree in the cemetary bleeds, and ghosts in the graveyard...but they've fenced it off so you can only get in during the day I think.
It's referenced in a couple books. Ann ? (I can't think of her last name--the vampire book author) and Haunted Kansas I know for sure.

C-Mac
10-30-2006, 08:32 AM
Dunno, but I have heard St Louis was scary.

Kylo Ren
10-30-2006, 08:34 AM
I went there with a bunch of friends when I was in H.S. in '86. This stuff about Stull has been around for at least 25 years, if not more. There's really nothing there. I think the church has been torn down. There's also some story about a well in the middle of the cemetary. Satan is supposed to rise from the well on Halloween night. At least that was the story back in '86. It's really kind of boring.

Nothing to see here folks. Nothing to see here.

Donger
10-30-2006, 08:38 AM
I'm not a spiritual person at all, but that place is evil. Pure evil.

I'll never go back.

It's the only time in my life that I was truly, deathly scared.

sedated
10-30-2006, 08:38 AM
yeah, they tore the church down.

and they have cops all over the place on Halloween to catch pesky kids

chagrin
10-30-2006, 08:41 AM
Pesky kids, like yoursefl no doubt :p

Here's a link on the ghost story

http://www.prairieghosts.com/stull.html

crispystl
10-30-2006, 08:54 AM

I'll never go back.

It's the only time in my life that I was truly, deathly scared.

Aren't you the one that said his car caught on fire there???

PastorMikH
10-30-2006, 09:20 AM
If you will put Stull into the search box you will get 6-8 threads that Stull is discussed in with some personal stories shared.

Megbert
10-30-2006, 09:32 AM
Right after HS graduation I dated a girl that live out that way. I'd have to drive through Stull to go to her house. Placed seemed creepy to me. May have been power of suggestion though. I can't remember if it seemed creepy to me before or after I heard about all the stories that supposedly took place there.

boogblaster
10-30-2006, 09:39 AM
Dont go there please..you'll never come back.....

Mr. Kotter
10-30-2006, 09:43 AM
I've given my story in these threads:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=130846&highlight=Stull

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=130859&highlight=Stull

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=136980&highlight=Stull

Here's the most relevant info:

I've posted the full story before....but as a college sophomore in 1983, me and a bunch of drunk college buddies crashed the annual Halloween devil worshipping ceremony in Stull, KS. We made it to within 150 yds or so of the freak's chanting to weird music in the cemetery....before being spotted, and getting run off into a high speed car chase all the way back to Lawrence....

I had been skeptical of the whole thing, and we decided to see if they were for real; and they were. I certainly didn't expect a 100 mph "chase" back to Lawrence, during which they tried to run us off the road with their Cherokee. Thank God for muscle cars, otherwise they'd have probably succeeded...

It was spooky as hell. It was a good thing all but the driver had been drinking....he refuses to discuss the whole thing, to this day.

To this day, I get chills and goosebumps thinkin' about it....it was the freakiest thing I've ever experienced--especially, now, considering all the stuff you can read on the internet about Stull, KS.

I suspect much of it is urban legend, another chunk of it is embellished drunken college kid stories, and a bit of it probably based in fact. It was really spooky though, and I'm not at all the superstitious type.

FTR, paganism and the occult does engage in some weird practices and ceremonies, so as far as what I saw....it was nothing really unusual. It's all the stories surrounding those activities that are really eerie, but I don't think much of it is probably "real."

Redrum_69
10-30-2006, 09:48 AM
Everyone that says "there isnt anything there" either:

a) doesnt believe

b) has relatives there in the cemetary that doesnt want anyone to disturb them

c) hasnt seen what I seen

I lived in Lawrence for 6 years and caught wind of this place before I moved in town. The church has long since been torn down.

I have seen globes there. I have seen and heard things unlike anything I have heard before. I know that the shadows move there in the early morning hours.

Every year during Halloween when people get some nerve to go there, the local police decide to go camp it out. The best thing to do is to find out who is buried there, tell the property owners youd like to visit your relatives grave, and then go exploring.

Stull links:

http://www.washburn.edu/cas/art/cyoho/archive/KStravel/stull/index.html

This site is pretty cool, so check it out too:

http://www.bellwitchfansite.com/

http://www.bellwitch.org/story.htm gives more information

http://www.scifidimensions.com/pandorasbox.htm best link ever

The following link has sooo many ghost stories from KANSAS and MISSOURI:

http://theshadowlands.net/places/kansas.htm

http://theshadowlands.net/places/missouri.htm

Easy 6
10-30-2006, 09:49 AM
I took your advice the other day Mr.Kotter, googled Stull+satan. Some weird stories surround that place and none weirder or scarier than your own or Dongers. It sounds like the locals have a real cobb up their ass about the place, some of which i attribute to the vandalism but it also sounds like a Hollyweird script where the townsfolk act all weird about it, more so than necessary. In Dongers case i wouldnt be surprised if a local torched his bro's car, they sound quite strange in that town. I think it would be cool to take enough guys and weapons there to bust up some black mass, F those people.

Donger
10-30-2006, 09:56 AM
Aren't you the one that said his car caught on fire there???

It was my brother's car.

boogblaster
10-30-2006, 10:01 AM
Lots of little masses around rural america..seen them out in the middle of no-where.. having their little rites with big fires and strange followings...

Mr. Kotter
10-30-2006, 10:46 AM
Lots of little masses around rural america..seen them out in the middle of no-where.. having their little rites with big fires and strange followings...This is way, WAY beyond that. Check some of those sites. Some is urban legends and drunken recollections....but there is enough real, weird, stuff for it to deserve its creepy reputation.

Redrum_69
10-30-2006, 10:51 AM
Check out that Pet Cemetary west of the West Lawrence exit off I-70...that place is spooky as hell too.

Its on the south side of the road, the sign clearly says what it is.

I remember a few years ago I deicded to walk over and check it out at dusk. It looked like your normal graveyard for pets, but as it got darker, I was violently scared shitless by a random events. For example, I've never seen so many crows/ravens gather in one place chattering back and forth. It didnt help when a lonely train whistle was going off in the distance and the freakin coyotes started howling. I of course had to walk back home, in darkness as the clouds came in and covered what moonlight I had.

Easy 6
10-30-2006, 10:52 AM
This is way, WAY beyond that. Check some of those sites. Some is urban legends and drunken recollections....but there is enough real, weird, stuff for it to deserve its creepy reputation.
If the Pope not only knows about it but feels so strongly that he wants his plane diverted around it, that tells me something. If ANY guy in Rome has heard of it that says something. I still cant figure the strangeness of the locals either.

Mr. Kotter
10-30-2006, 10:53 AM
If the Pope not only knows about it but feels so strongly that he wants his plane diverted around it, that tells me something. If ANY guy in Rome has heard of it that says something. I still cant figure the strangeness of the locals either.

I'm not so sure that isn't uban legend....

crispystl
10-30-2006, 10:58 AM
Freaky shit!

Easy 6
10-30-2006, 11:01 AM
I'm not so sure that isn't uban legend....
It certainly could be, but there is no denying the high strangeness of the place. Sounds like a VERY serious group of satanists you encountered, makes me wonder where the law was on that particular night. I'm not trying to spin a conspiracy but it sounds like they keep a pretty close eye on the place yet didnt notice a large gathering of hooded figures there???

Pitt Gorilla
10-30-2006, 11:03 AM
If the Pope not only knows about it but feels so strongly that he wants his plane diverted around it, that tells me something. If ANY guy in Rome has heard of it that says something. I still cant figure the strangeness of the locals either.I'm pretty sure that is not true.

Redrum_69
10-30-2006, 11:19 AM
It certainly could be, but there is no denying the high strangeness of the place. Sounds like a VERY serious group of satanists you encountered, makes me wonder where the law was on that particular night. I'm not trying to spin a conspiracy but it sounds like they keep a pretty close eye on the place yet didnt notice a large gathering of hooded figures there???

HEY....who the hell said we were hooded....

Easy 6
10-30-2006, 11:28 AM
HEY....who the hell said we were hooded....
Heh, i thought i seen that in the story somewhere or maybe i watch too many :fire: movies.

Calcountry
10-30-2006, 12:06 PM

I'll never go back.

It's the only time in my life that I was truly, deathly scared.Did you wash your legs before you went? That is what had everyone scared dude.

Calcountry
10-30-2006, 12:11 PM
If the Pope not only knows about it but feels so strongly that he wants his plane diverted around it, that tells me something. If ANY guy in Rome has heard of it that says something. I still cant figure the strangeness of the locals either.Why should the Pope be afraid?

CosmicPal
10-30-2006, 12:43 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150792

Stull - Stull Cemetery and abandoned church- Update: The church has since been torn down - Stull is said to be one of the six gateways to hell. The devil had a child with a local witch. The witch was hung in a tree and the boy was killed. The tree that she was hung from fell over and opened a gateway to hell. Many stories say that a large group of people went out into the cemetery on Halloween and the next day they were found all slaughtered. Witnesses report a demon like creature watching them from the doorway of the abandoned church on the hill of the cemetery. Do not go in the cemetery. Many bad things could happen.

Stull - Stull Cemetery - evil sprints and entities are said to live here

WilliamTheIrish
10-30-2006, 12:47 PM
Gateway to hell is right. It leads right to KU.

So yea...

Hammock Parties
10-30-2006, 12:50 PM
I've always wanted to go check it out. I believe the Chuch has been torn down, which is a shame. Supposedly if you threw a glass bottle against one of the walls, it wouldn't break.

Then of course there is the trap door hidden in the grass. You go down one step and it takes you 2 weeks to get back up, or something.

Brock
10-30-2006, 12:51 PM
Some of you guys sound like you live in caves hiding from the sun.

Phog Allen
10-30-2006, 12:55 PM
Like many others a few buddies and I went out there half drunk one night in college. One of my friends was a pitcher for KU later drafted by the A's. He threw an empty beer bottle at the back wall of the church. The bottle did not break and bounced back off of the bricks almost to us. The next three bottles he threw did the same, the guy threw 96 mph so there was no possible good reason why he couldn't break a beer bottle against a brick wall. The whole episode led to a lot more drinking and none of us ever had any desire to go back.

dirk digler
10-30-2006, 12:55 PM
Who wants to go on a roadtrip to Stull?

Donger
10-30-2006, 12:57 PM
Supposedly if you threw a glass bottle against one of the walls, it wouldn't break.

They don't/didn't, at least not when I tried.

Hammock Parties
10-30-2006, 12:58 PM

ME!

Demonpenz
10-30-2006, 12:58 PM
We went out there on 6-6-2006 and my friends wore his priest holmes jersey Evedently they don't like priests out there because he slipped and hurt his hip. Then I woke up the next day with a hangover. SpooOoooOOky

Demonpenz
10-30-2006, 12:59 PM
Should send mythbusters out there/

CosmicPal
10-30-2006, 01:06 PM

Record your experience when you get there and post it on YouTube.

jynni
10-30-2006, 01:08 PM
So if Stull is the one of the seven gateways to hell, where are the other six? I've always wondered about that.

CosmicPal
10-30-2006, 01:10 PM
So if Stull is the one of the seven gateways to hell, where are the other six? I've always wondered about that.

Denver and St. Louis are two of them.

Redrum_69
10-30-2006, 01:14 PM

Your moms bedroom...or was that a gateway to heaven...last night she kept screaming in my ear "OH God...Oh God...OHHH GOOODDDD..."

God that was f**kn weak...worst one yet. I blame Meccas trial. Its draining my creative juices.

Phog Allen
10-30-2006, 01:22 PM
Add Manhattan to the list.

dirk digler
10-30-2006, 01:33 PM
ME!

You bringing the beer or am I?

crispystl
10-30-2006, 01:43 PM
Check out that Pet Cemetary west of the West Lawrence exit off I-70...that place is spooky as hell too.

Its on the south side of the road, the sign clearly says what it is.

I remember a few years ago I deicded to walk over and check it out at dusk. It looked like your normal graveyard for pets, but as it got darker, I was violently scared shitless by a random events. For example, I've never seen so many crows/ravens gather in one place chattering back and forth. It didnt help when a lonely train whistle was going off in the distance and the freakin coyotes started howling. I of course had to walk back home, in darkness as the clouds came in and covered what moonlight I had.

No shit? What did you specifically see at the Stull cemetery???

crispystl
10-30-2006, 01:46 PM
I've always wanted to go check it out. I believe the Chuch has been torn down, which is a shame. Supposedly if you threw a glass bottle against one of the walls, it wouldn't break.

Then of course there is the trap door hidden in the grass. You go down one step and it takes you 2 weeks to get back up, or something.

Really is has anyone seen this wall????

crispystl
10-30-2006, 01:47 PM
Like many others a few buddies and I went out there half drunk one night in college. One of my friends was a pitcher for KU later drafted by the A's. He threw an empty beer bottle at the back wall of the church. The bottle did not break and bounced back off of the bricks almost to us. The next three bottles he threw did the same, the guy threw 96 mph so there was no possible good reason why he couldn't break a beer bottle against a brick wall. The whole episode led to a lot more drinking and none of us ever had any desire to go back.

Sorry didn't see this before I posted. That is crazy shit right there!

sedated
10-30-2006, 01:47 PM

I never went to the church, just drove by it on the way to the lake to get sh!tfaced and light shit on fire

Donger
10-30-2006, 01:49 PM
Really is has anyone seen this wall????

Yes. I've seen it and touched it.

Donger
10-30-2006, 01:51 PM
The next three bottles he threw did the same, the guy threw 96 mph so there was no possible good reason why he couldn't break a beer bottle against a brick wall.

The church was made of limestones, not brick.

NewChief
10-30-2006, 01:52 PM
I never went to the church, just drove by it on the way to the lake to get sh!tfaced and light shit on fire

Like cars?

sedated
10-30-2006, 02:03 PM
Like cars?

LMAO

too drunk to remember

JimNasium
10-30-2006, 02:18 PM

Here's a link on the ghost story

Sounds like a myth perpetuated by a bunch of high school and college kids to me.

Easy 6
10-30-2006, 02:20 PM
Sounds like a myth perpetuated by a bunch of high school and college kids to me.
Mr.Kotter & Donger sound pretty serious about it Jim :shrug:

JimNasium
10-30-2006, 02:21 PM
Mr.Kotter & Donger sound pretty serious about it Jim :shrug:
I'm the worlds biggest skeptic about this kind of stuff.

Donger
10-30-2006, 02:25 PM

I am, too. But, I cannot explain what my brother and I experienced that day.

I don't really even want to try, to be honest.

dirk digler
10-30-2006, 02:26 PM

I must have missed this story. Would you mind retelling it please?

JimNasium
10-30-2006, 02:28 PM

Trust me, I wasn't discounting what happened to you.

CosmicPal
10-30-2006, 02:29 PM

Hell, even the name, Stull, Kansas sounds diabolical.

If you reverse the letters, it says, lluts! The Devil himself is quoted as saying, "Lluts make this town the gateway to Hell!"

You see- mystery solved.

JimNasium
10-30-2006, 02:30 PM
Hell, even the name, Stull, Kansas sounds diabolical.

If you reverse the letters, it says, lluts! The Devil himself is quoted as saying, "Lluts make this town the gateway to Hell!"

You see- mystery solved.
Pssst. Hey buddy....I think your avatar is haunted.

Brock
10-30-2006, 02:31 PM
Sorry didn't see this before I posted. That is crazy shit right there!

It isn't crazy shit, it's stupid shit. The place is a cemetery, people ought to have decency enough to stay the hell out.

Donger
I must have missed this story. Would you mind retelling it please?

My brother and I went there together, he being really into that kind of stuff. We went up to the church and started looking around for all the rumored stuff. We found all the bottles, unbroken of course. We tried to break them against the church, and sure enough we couldn't.

It was delightful winter day in Kansas, probably 10 degrees F, if that. I started to get little cocky, and told the devil to show himself if he had the balls. I immediately became so warm that sweat started dripping off my forehead. I was a little freaked out, because it seemed that I had stepped into an oven. My brother was on the other side of the church, and I called out to him. Sure enough, his eyes were as wide as saucers and he was also sweating profusely. We bugged out. Unfortunately, as we hurried down the hill towards his car, we noticed that it was on fire.

CosmicPal
Pssst. Hey buddy....I think your avatar is haunted.

As opposed to your bug-eyed avatar?

Redrum_69
10-30-2006, 02:32 PM
No shit? What did you specifically see at the Stull cemetery???

I tried to drag my wife out there with me, but she is scared of the dark. Hiding under the bed wearing a werewolf mask and grabbing her ankles after she watched American Werewolf in London did not help that. Nor did it help her fear of the dark like the time she thought I was upstairs and I was really out in the back yard. She had to feed the animals and I totally caught her off guard by jumping out at her as she rounded the house. Ahh good times.

Anyways, I drove out there and was met by the freakin landowner. I told him I was there to see some relatives, but he questioned why the hell I was there on a Thursday night in November, at 6:30pm. I showed him my old license and told him I just was driving through. He left and I took out my flashlight out and started my way to the church or what was left of it. It was a brisk night and the moon was only a quarter moon. The first thing I noticed was how eerily calm it was. I mean, no noise at all. When its that quiet, everything else is magnified...a tree branch snapping as you step on it, leaves rustling, and your heartbeat. I looked all around, I didnt see any other traffic in the area. That link I have above with the pictures of the church in the sunlight is exactly how it looked too. But I was there at night.

Anyways, I walked around for a bit, flashing the light over to my car, making sure I knew where I had to run in case shit hit the fan. As I crested the small hill I started feeling sick to stomach. The closer I came to the church I was getting dizzy and decided to sit down on a stone. I looked around, still quiet as hell, but the wind was starting to pick up. There was a tree there whose branches sounded like they were whistling. I focused my attention on the church. The roof was caved in and as I stood at the doorway, I shined the light inside. I was looking around for any kind of remnant for proof I was there. Broken glass, old rocks, something that was solid proof.

I looked at my watch…10:30. Damn, had I been there for four hours? SNAP….it was then I think I turned ten shades of white. Behind me, I heard a branch break. That was the wind, it had to be…Do I stand up and flash my light? Do I shout hoping for an answer? Do I just stand up and go all Blair Witch on whatever made that sound? I stand up and flash my light. I see nothing, it had to be the wind. I’m letting this shit get to me. Lets go to the back of the church and check it out. I round the corner of the church and come face to face with a deer. I laugh out loud as the deer bounds off down the hill. Then shit hit the fan.

I went around the back of the church, and looked around for more souvenirs. It was there that I kept noticing how weird it was that a shadow was alongside the wall, when with the direction of my flashlight there shouldn’t be a shadow there at all. This intrigued me and as I walked closer to the wall, thinking it would magnify, it disappeared entirely. I kept walking back about 20 yards and it would appear again, the closer I came to the wall it would never grow or shrink. The time was then after midnight. I spent a lot of time looking around but never could find a good item to bring back.

The globes I seen I cannot explain and talking about them brings back my fear I had at that moment. I’m not sure how they even or where they came from. I had given up on finding a souvenir and was just walking around the church, as I first noticed a glow. It was like a lightning bug, but it was constant. It slowly drifted from the side of the church, down the slope and then back over the fence, and over the road. Maybe it was my time to leave. Seeing the third and fourth one follow the similar paths, confirmed that thought. I briskly walked down the hill, knowing that I had survived Stull cemetery. I made the mistake and looked back at the church area one more time and tripped over a headstone. I bumped my head on a rock and my adrenaline kicked in. I jumped up, ran to the car and drove home.

JimNasium
10-30-2006, 02:33 PM
As opposed to your bug-eyed avatar?
My avatar is a harmless claymation child character. Nothing spooky about it...

unless you woke up and found Davey staring at you whilst holding a razor.

Hammock Parties
10-30-2006, 02:36 PM
I so want to go. Too bad the Church has been torn down. BUT THE EVIL REMAINS! I KNOW IT!

Stewie
10-30-2006, 02:38 PM
Check out this short movie about Stull. Warning! Low production and lame acting.

http://www.shortwarsmovie.com/stullsite/index.htm

CosmicPal
10-30-2006, 02:41 PM
The first thing I noticed was how eerily calm it was. I mean, no noise at all...I looked all around, I didnt see any other traffic in the area.

Uhhh, you're in a town of 20 inhabitants at the most, in Kansas, of all places- of course you ain't going to hear a sound.

Anyways, I walked around for a bit, flashing the light over to my car, making sure I knew where I had to run in case shit hit the fan. As I crested the small hill I started feeling sick to stomach. The closer I came to the church I was getting dizzy and decided to sit down on a stone.

That's nothing more than allowing your mind to make things up in anticipation. You've set your mind to already be terribly forgiving of anything it sees and hears.

Sorry, but this is nothing more than harboring legendary knowledge of the place and making yourself vulnerable to it.

Easy 6
10-30-2006, 02:42 PM
Very interesting story Red, 4 hours went by like nothin' huh??? That seems to be a common theme with strange occurences, having had some of the experiences i've had i certainly believe you. As for GC and Digler i would say be careful, if the evil dont get you the locals might from what i have read.

CosmicPal
10-30-2006, 02:49 PM
I dont' know about Stull, Kansas, but as I mentioned in my other thread: I've experienced another known haunted place in the KC area.

I used to work at New Century Air Center years ago, and I can tell you from experience- the place is most certainly spooky. If you really want to get spooked, and I mean spooked- go spend a few hours late one night n the northwestern part of the airport- in or around the hangar in particular. However, I strongly advise NOT to go into the abandoned hangar.

Trust me- I used to be the biggest skeptic until I worked there for a few years in my late teens. For the first couple of years I blamed everything on the winds, stray animals, broken glass, and everything else BUT ghostly spirits.

But, there was one night that literally scared the sh*t out of me. For the next couple of hours, I was still shaking like a leaf on a tree and couldn't hold my beer or my cigarettes straight when the crew and I met for a few beers after work that evening. It's real. If you don't believe me- try it out for yourself some night.

Olathe - New Century Air Center - This location is the former Olathe Naval Air Station, a combat pilot training center from WWII through the Vietnam era. The base was turned over to the local Johnson County Government in the Early 1970s and converted into a commercial airport, industrial complex and business center. Sometime in the late 1950s or early 1960s, A botched night landing in bad weather resulted in a pilot loosing his life when he missed the runway and ended up a ball of JP4 fire in the side of an aircraft hangar. This hangar complex on to which, the airport control tower is connected, is the current home to an Army Reserve Chinook helicopter unit. Paranormal events occur throughout the building. Security guards report voices, whistles, footsteps on the floor and on overhead catwalks. Locks refuse to stay locked and doors open and close without wind or human intervention. Even the occasional apparition makes an appearance. The New Century Air Center was featured last year on an A&E special, "Haunted America."

Hound333
10-30-2006, 03:31 PM
Went up to that church in high school (Went to Shawnee Heights which is like 5-8 miles from it) There were some strange boards with satanic writing on them. We were in two cars and one of the drunk asses from the other car took one of the boards and put it in the trunk. We all left and about a mile from Shawnee Heights the second car over heated.

At this point we were a bit freaked so we just left the car and piled into the first car and bounced. In the morning they told me the car had snapped two belts and the board was gone.

HolyHandgernade
10-30-2006, 03:43 PM
Sorry, Stull isn't even mentioned here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_gates_of_hell

Redrum_69
10-30-2006, 04:07 PM
There should be a Chiefsplanet party at Stull, followed by drunken debauchery at the Outhouse in Lawrence.

Strippers and Satan go hand in hand....

kepp
10-30-2006, 04:24 PM
Check out this short movie about Stull. Warning! Low production and lame acting.

http://www.shortwarsmovie.com/stullsite/index.htm
Holy cow! I feel like I've been there now. Just like Redrum_69, 5 minutes flew by like nothing and I got sick to my stomach.

WilliamTheIrish
10-30-2006, 04:32 PM
Listening to these bullshit tales, and watching the morans (cp spelling) eat it up is a better story than Stull, Ks. itself.

Redrum_69
10-30-2006, 04:38 PM
Listening to these bullshit tales, and watching the morans (cp spelling) eat it up is a better story than Stull, Ks. itself.

CONGRATS!! You just passed the entry exam and are now eligible to write exclusively for WPI!

dirk digler
10-30-2006, 04:47 PM
My brother and I went there together, he being really into that kind of stuff. We went up to the church and started looking around for all the rumored stuff. We found all the bottles, unbroken of course. We tried to break them against the church, and sure enough we couldn't.

It was delightful winter day in Kansas, probably 10 degrees F, if that. I started to get little cocky, and told the devil to show himself if he had the balls. I immediately became so warm that sweat started dripping off my forehead. I was a little freaked out, because it seemed that I had stepped into an oven. My brother was on the other side of the church, and I called out to him. Sure enough, his eyes were as wide as saucers and he was also sweating profusely. We bugged out. Unfortunately, as we hurried down the hill towards his car, we noticed that it was on fire.

Thanks and damn that is creepy.

Bob Dole
10-30-2006, 05:54 PM
Some of you guys sound like you live in caves hiding from the sun.

A giant, fiery orb that mysteriously comes and goes and moves across the sky with no visible means of propulsion?

You bet your ass!

SLAG
10-30-2006, 06:08 PM
one of the storys i had heard growing up from living in KS.. is that there were a set of stairs in this church.. and the stairs no matter how long or how far down you went they just kept going and going.. you could go down the stairs for days... but when you ran out of supplies or time .. and you started to treck back up the stairs..

you were back at the top in less then 1 min. no matter how long you were walking down

CosmicPal
10-31-2006, 02:14 AM
For those of you who are interested in visiting New Century Air Center- as far as I know- there is free access.

Now, when I was working there, the airport closed after Midnight on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights: meaning there was no-one in the tower. We hired a guy to "secure" the airport after midnight. When he was sick, I would often stay the night for his shift- and these were some of the creepiest moments.

One night, I actually locked myself in my windowless office in the middle of the building. I couldn't take it anymore. What I didn't know before, was creepy- when I found out what was actually there- was even creepier.

Anyways, this was pre-911, so I am not sure how the old Johnson County Industrial Airport is secured nowadays. Quite frankly, it all depends upon the amount of traffic. If there's no traffic after midnight, then I doubt they have more than one guy manning the airport.

You don't need to go anywhere near the terminal though. Most of the action is on the west side of the main runway. You will see a hangar there, and the tower. (Of course, this is based on memory- new construction could've taken place since I've been there).

Hang out there some night any time after 10PM.

Now, you have to understand- I worked there for 3 years. Stuff didn't happen every night. You may have to go back a couple of times or you may just get lucky your first time there. It's like peering up at the night sky looking for shooting stars. Some nights, you just get lucky.

Also, don't expect a "ghost" or an apparition to come lurking around you. It's not like that at all. You will simply hear things that you cannot explain. It is extremely rare, but if you are confronted by the pilot- you will feel a sudden cold all around you. Trust me- it is not the same cold you feel as if you're walking into a walk-in freezer or something. It's entirely different...like a gas that engulfs you. (I can just see the fart jokes now)

This pilot just wanders around. He's lost or simply refuses to go. He has his moods like mortal beings do. I'm sure if you got a whole group to go, you'd probably piss him off and you will hear stuff breaking in the hangar and other noises. You may even get him to confront you.

I have so many stories about the place. I remember when I was a firm disbeliever- I was riding shotgun on the tug with my then manager. We had to escort a plane to the other side of the field. We must've been 200 ft from the hangar when my manager freaked out. He was scared shitless as if someone had a gun to his temple. I couldn't hear anything or feel anything, but the look on his face and watching him tremble freaked me out. It was no act. He was the last person who would pull anything like that. I still didn't believe then. But, then it happened. I was confronted by the pilot one night. And let me tell you this- it will scare the ***** out of you. It WILL make you believe.

Take it from someone who's been there and experienced it...I hate to sound like the only guy who caught Bigfoot in the act. And sometimes, it's rather embarrassing when I reveal it. But, I know what happened to me that night. And you can make up all the excuses you want about sounds, extreme temperature changes, and whatnots- but, until you've been there yourself- you won't believe...just like I didn't.

I don't know about Stull, and I'm not sure I buy into it. I think it's nothing more than a fable, a wiry ghost story that's been handed down by the ages. There are so many legends across the globe, but the fact is- some of them are true, and most of them are nothing more than fabricated stories that had been passed around so many times that people begin the believe they are true.

But, you can't expect "spirits" to show up when you arrive out of the blue. Hence, why I don't buy into the Most Haunted series. I believe they found some authentic places- it's just that I bet they had to go a few times before they could get anything to happen. I very much doubt they just showed up at each place one night and got everything on film.

Redrum_69
10-31-2006, 09:02 AM
I'll have to check out New Century sometime, I work within 7 miles of the place and constantly see chinook helicopters flying around. A few years ago, Dick Cheney flew in and that was pretty cool.

Dartgod
10-31-2006, 09:11 AM
Anyone watch Ghost Hunters on the SciFi channel? They come across some pretty freaky shit sometimes.

Easy 6
10-31-2006, 09:14 AM
Anyone watch Ghost Hunters on the SciFi channel? They come across some pretty freaky shit sometimes.
I watched the one where they stayed at the Overlook/Stanley? Hotel in Colorado where the Shining was filmed, some of the stuff they caught on tape was wild and damn near impossible to explain away.

Dartgod
10-31-2006, 09:30 AM
I watched the one where they stayed at the Overlook Hotel in Colorado where the Shining was filmed, some of the stuff they caught on tape was wild and damn near impossible to explain away.They're supposed to be doing a live show from there tonight.

They had a couple recently that really freaked me out. In the first one, they had one of their investigators staying in a room where there was supposedly a ghost in the closet that would take stuff from the night stand. The guys wakes up when he hears the closet door unlatch and then glass breaking. On the night stand next to him was a drinking glass that had been broken and the closet door (previously closed) was now open. He repositioned the camera to point at the closet door and went back to sleep. Later in the video, you can see the door closing and then latching. When the tried to debunk what they saw on video (thinking that maybe a breeze or something had closed the door) they could not get the door to latch by swinging it shut. They were literally slamming the door and it would not latch, but somehow the ghost (?) did.

Another one was when they were staying in a room where there was a ghost that was supposed to be a prostitute that had killed herself in the room many years ago. There were lots of reports of people hearing a voice whispering in their ear, the blankets being pulled back and a feeling like their feet were being tickled. The investigator spent the night in the room and didn't recall anything happening, but when they reviewed the video tape later they saw the blanket being pulled back to expose his lower right leg. You could clearly see the outline of his left leg under the blanket and it was obvious that neither leg moved as the blanket was pulled back. You could even see where a portion of the blanket was kind of "scrunched up" like an invisible hand was grabbing hold of it.

It is really cool stuff....makes the hair on your arms and back of your neck stand up. These guys are really good too, because they go to great lengths to debunk some of the stuff they see and hear. And they do find natural explanations for some of the stuff that at first seems to be "supernatural".

http://www.scifi.com/ghosthunters/

Easy 6
10-31-2006, 09:50 AM
They're supposed to be doing a live show from there tonight.

They had a couple recently that really freaked me out. In the first one, they had one of their investigators staying in a room where there was supposedly a ghost in the closet that would take stuff from the night stand. The guys wakes up when he hears the closet door unlatch and then glass breaking. On the night stand next to him was a drinking glass that had been broken and the closet door (previously closed) was now open. He repositioned the camera to point at the closet door and went back to sleep. Later in the video, you can see the door closing and then latching. When the tried to debunk what they saw on video (thinking that maybe a breeze or something had closed the door) they could not get the door to latch by swinging it shut. They were literally slamming the door and it would not latch, but somehow the ghost (?) did.

Another one was when they were staying in a room where there was a ghost that was supposed to be a prostitute that had killed herself in the room many years ago. There were lots of reports of people hearing a voice whispering in their ear, the blankets being pulled back and a feeling like their feet were being tickled. The investigator spent the night in the room and didn't recall anything happening, but when they reviewed the video tape later they saw the blanket being pulled back to expose his lower right leg. You could clearly see the outline of his left leg under the blanket and it was obvious that neither leg moved as the blanket was pulled back. You could even see where a portion of the blanket was kind of "scrunched up" like an invisible hand was grabbing hold of it.

It is really cool stuff....makes the hair on your arms and back of your neck stand up. These guys are really good too, because they go to great lengths to debunk some of the stuff they see and hear. And they do find natural explanations for some of the stuff that at first seems to be "supernatural".

http://www.scifi.com/ghosthunters/
Yep, i watched both of those. They really couldnt get that door to latch and there is just no explanation for that glass cracking in half in the middle of the night. Thanx for the heads up on tonights show, i'll be checkin' that out. For those like me who believe in an eternal soul its not so hard to believe.

MVChiefFan
10-31-2006, 10:10 AM
I love Ghost Hunters!!! The freakiest one that I watched was when they were in a lighthouse. They were walking up a spiral staircase and heard footsteps on up the stairs. They shined the light and camera up and you actually saw a dark shadowy mist jump from one flight of stairs to the other and and then look back over the railing down at them and then vanished. I almost peed my pants right then and there.

Simply Red
02-12-2014, 02:53 AM
looking to fly in and stay in Stull, Ks for spring-break this year.

TimeForWasp
02-12-2014, 04:47 AM
looking to fly in and stay in Stull, Ks for spring-break this year.

Welcome

http://iloveitspicy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/evil-clown-Hellfire.jpg

Dave Lane
02-12-2014, 08:06 AM
Dunno, but I have heard St Louis was scary.

There are rumored to be a lot of spooks there.

Simply Red
02-12-2014, 08:20 AM
There are rumored to be a lot of spooks there.

http://i.imgur.com/4mSPqBd.gif

taterhog
02-12-2014, 11:43 AM
If you waste a trip to Stull, at least go to Mound Cemetery too. From what I've read about any of it, Mound (excluding the obvious church rubble) matches a lot of criteria for the tree, etc...

Been to both. Saw nothing other than an old withering cemetery and a town that died years ago.

Easy 6
02-12-2014, 12:00 PM
If you waste a trip to Stull, at least go to Mound Cemetery too. From what I've read about any of it, Mound (excluding the obvious church rubble) matches a lot of criteria for the tree, etc...

Been to both. Saw nothing other than an old withering cemetery and a town that died years ago.

But WHY did it die years ago?.../mwahahahaaa

taterhog
02-12-2014, 12:13 PM
But WHY did it die years ago?.../mwahahahaaa

Lost revenue on tourism?