View Full Version : NFL Players overrated list

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
10-30-2006, 09:23 PM
Great that Terrell Owens is #1

Also very nice to see Trent get mentioned for most underrated! :thumb:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/players/10/24/poll.1024/?cnn=yes

SI Players Poll
[Based on a survey of 361 NFL players]
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?

AP
Terrell Owens, Cowboys.....10%
Brian Urlacher, Bears.....8%
Ray Lewis, Ravens.....7%
Michael Vick, Falcons.....7%
Eli Manning, Giants.....4%
Keyshawn Johnson, Panthers.....4%
Peyton Manning, Colts.....4%
Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers.....3%
Charles Woodson, Packers.....3%
Warren Sapp, Raiders.....3%

FAST FACTS: Giants QB Eli Manning and Panthers WR Keyshawn Johnson tied for fifth (4.1%).... TO won the poll for best wide receiver in the NFL (SI PLAYERS, Oct. 16).... Urlacher is third in the NFC with 54 tackles; Lewis is 11th in the AFC with 50.... Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger got only 3.4% of the overall vote but 10% within his own AFC North.... In an accompanying SI PLAYERS poll that asked players to name the most underrated player in the NFL, voters picked Falcons RB Warrick Dunn (2.7%) and also cited Seahawks RB Shaun Alexander, Chiefs QB Trent Green, Colts WR Marvin Harrison and Steelers WR Hines Ward (2.4% each).

noa
10-30-2006, 09:26 PM
When the winner of the poll only has 10% of the vote, its pretty meaningless.

Frazod
10-30-2006, 09:44 PM
Urlacher shouldn't be on that list at all (God are the Chicago talking sportsheads losing their mindlesses over that) and Toothlessberger should be much higher.

L.A. Chieffan
10-30-2006, 09:48 PM
so wait, TO won most overrated player AND best WR in the league?
ok that makes sense.

BigRock
10-30-2006, 10:36 PM
A lot of times with these things, "overrated" seems to mean "overhyped", which is probably why TO can be both the best WR and the most overrated. I guess they're saying he's good, just not good enough to justify ESPN devoting entire weeks of their programming to covering the latest on his morning bowel movements.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-30-2006, 10:40 PM
A lot of times with these things, "overrated" seems to mean "overhyped", which is probably why TO can be both the best WR and the most overrated. I guess they're saying he's good, just not good enough to justify ESPN devoting entire weeks of their programming to covering the latest on his morning bowel movements.

I liked this argument more when Michael Smith said it last week on around the horn. BOOOOO ;)

cdcox
10-30-2006, 10:55 PM
Damon Huard

BigRock
10-30-2006, 10:55 PM
If Michael Smith said anything even remotely close to that about the company that signs his paychecks, he's my new favorite writer/talking head.

boogblaster
10-30-2006, 10:58 PM
TO tops it..but Ursmacker can ring your bell..Those shouldn't even be said in the same sentence......

10-30-2006, 11:26 PM
Urlacher shouldn't be on that list at all (God are the Chicago talking sportsheads losing their mindlesses over that) and Toothlessberger should be much higher.

When I first looked at the numbers I was shocked. Urlacher on that list at all? That is nuts. I expected Rothlesburger to be much higher also.

SLAG
10-30-2006, 11:46 PM
Tony Romo

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
10-31-2006, 07:04 AM
Also very nice to see Ray "Double Team me every play" Lewis made the top 3!

Thig Lyfe
10-31-2006, 07:11 AM
Remember now, this is a poll of actual NFL plaers... maybe they know something we don't...