PDA

View Full Version : Arrowhead Memories

PinkFloyd
10-31-2006, 11:31 AM
What are some of your best memories or experiences while attending a Chiefs game at Arrowhead ?? NOT including the game itself...

I've seen drunks being strapped in wheelchairs and taken down from the top deck by police, because they were just to stupid to walk off on their own...

And my favorite was when the stupid gal put her b-b-q grill in the back seat of her car and torched about 3-4-5 other cars beside her's...

Stewie
10-31-2006, 11:34 AM
About 15 years ago I was sitting in the lower level end zone during a Raiders game. It was getting really rowdy about 10 rows in front of us. I couldn't see what was going on, but finally a guy in a Raiders jersey walked up the aisle and his face was all bloody. That was sweet.

4th and Long
10-31-2006, 11:36 AM
My most vivid memory was a Bears games. I was a tike. It was cold and raining. Windy as hell. Dad, being the cheapskate that he was, put a trash sack over me, instead of buying me a Chiefs rain poncho. We were in the upper deck and I remember some dude trying to buy some peanuts or something and the wind blew a $20 out of his hand. It gently floated out of the upper deck, down to the next deck, just out of reach from the many who were jumping up, trying to grab some free cash. It then floated all the way out to the sideline where I lost site of it. I remember being taken home at halftime because I was soaking wet and beginning to suffer hypothermia.

C-Mac
10-31-2006, 11:37 AM
You need Chris Farley for this thread.

"Remember when.....that was really cool"

boogblaster
10-31-2006, 11:47 AM
Went to a game with a ole friend..he's passed since then..he went to the restroom and get more beer.. he was gone a long time..finally he showed up limping badly..hell I thought he'd fell down the steps..hell no he said..some damn queer grabed his manhood in the restroom..he broke his foot kicking him down under the urnials.....

Nzoner
10-31-2006, 11:52 AM
So this officer takes my flask and drink today (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=106832)

What really made it special was the following week when Delt and I were at the Christmas game and found out that the officer was also a member of the Planet.

PinkFloyd
10-31-2006, 12:20 PM
So this officer takes my flask and drink today (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=106832)

What really made it special was the following week when Delt and I were at the Christmas game and found out that the officer was also a member of the Planet.

That was an awesome story... You just never know who you might run into these days and later find out you have some sort of connection with this person...

Stewie
10-31-2006, 12:34 PM
My most vivid memory was a Bears games. I was a tike. It was cold and raining. Windy as hell. Dad, being the cheapskate that he was, put a trash sack over me, instead of buying me a Chiefs rain poncho. We were in the upper deck and I remember some dude trying to buy some peanuts or something and the wind blew a $20 out of his hand. It gently floated out of the upper deck, down to the next deck, just out of reach from the many who were jumping up, trying to grab some free cash. It then floated all the way out to the sideline where I lost site of it. I remember being taken home at halftime because I was soaking wet and beginning to suffer hypothermia.
I remember that game... well, a cold, rainy game against the Bears. Walter Payton ran wild! It was miserable to be a Chiefs fan that day.

Postal_clone
10-31-2006, 12:46 PM
Atlanta blowout last year. leaving stadium came up on a guy intoxicated beyond belief, on his knees puking in front of his white truck after he slammed af a fair rate of speed into the rear of one of KC's finest parked squadcars.

Toad
10-31-2006, 02:02 PM
Remeber Bo Jackson's first game in Arrowhead as a Raider? (1988?) The Arrowhead faithful pelted him with baseballs.

Ah....good times...

Robo-Chachi
10-31-2006, 02:09 PM
Jackson 5: Victory Tour

Dartgod
10-31-2006, 02:15 PM
Pink Floyd....twice

Robo-Chachi
10-31-2006, 02:17 PM
Company Christmas party...open bar

PinkFloyd
10-31-2006, 02:18 PM
Pink Floyd....twice

I bet that was sweet ??!!

Dartgod
10-31-2006, 02:21 PM
I bet that was sweet ??!!
Yes. Definitely...

Hammock Parties
10-31-2006, 02:23 PM
Brought a stupid sign to my first game at Arrowhead...left at halftime to take a piss...came back to my seat, sign had been tossed over the Arrowhead wall. Lesson learned.

KC Dan
10-31-2006, 02:29 PM
It was a Monday night game involving nacho cheese, an impersonator, and a hospital till 4:30am.

Guess the game? ROFL

Scaga
10-31-2006, 02:29 PM
A steak and a hummer in the parking lot....(not the motor vehicle GoChiefs!)
Ahhhhh....good times.

:rockon:

burt
10-31-2006, 02:33 PM
Pink Floyd....twice

I PAID highly to be at that event. Row 17 dead center. It was awesome.

But my favorite is still a game against Pittsburg. Bought lower deck...30 yard line....about 15 rows up. My girl and I walked down....and were surrounded bu the Pittsburg fan club. We were th only red in the section. I was a bit aprehensive........but they rocked. Gave us a good natured hard time and bought us drinks and hot chocolate with schnapps.

JazzzLovr
11-01-2006, 10:27 AM
My first game at Arrowhead: Chiefs vs Raiders in December 1997.

A friend bought 2 tickets to this game for my birthday (in October) that year. We drove up from Springfield. It was cold, and started sleeting during the game.

But I didn't mind the weather so much. We beat the Raiders 30-0. ;)

As we were filing out after the game, they put the final minutes of the Denver game up on the jumbotron. Everybody stopped to watch.

Denver lost, giving us 1st place in the division. Everybody cheered like the Chiefs had just scored again. :D

Oh and then there was another game that was on my birthday, and my boyfriend brought KC Wolf down to my seat and proposed to me in the front row lower level, and it was all on the jumbotron. That was a pretty great memory too. ;) But there's a whole thread (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150661) about that one. :D

Dartgod
11-01-2006, 10:30 AM
Oh and then there was another game that was on my birthday, and my boyfriend brought KC Wolf down to my seat and proposed to me in the front row lower level, and it was all on the jumbotron. That was a pretty great memory too. ;) But there's a whole thread (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150661) about that one. :D
Did anybody ever get any pics of that?

JazzzLovr
11-01-2006, 10:41 AM
Did anybody ever get any pics of that?

Not that I know of. :( And it's a live feed to the jumbotron, so no tape to copy either. As far as I know, the only picture is the one from after the game, that I had posted in the thread.