PDA

View Full Version : Exhibition Basketball - Guess the score

ChiefaRoo
10-31-2006, 06:25 PM
Hey everyone (and that means you Jayhawk fans too) Wichita State opens its exhibition schedule against that powerhouse from Emporia State tomorrow night in Wichita.

Predictions?

Mine

WSU - 88
ESU - 66

Turg. won't run up the score and will clear the bench early.

ChiefaRoo
10-31-2006, 06:56 PM
What no ESU fans? :)

Saulbadguy
10-31-2006, 07:20 PM
WSU 66
ESU 53

Leading scorer will be Ogirri with 16 (mostly 3 pointers)

ChiefaRoo
10-31-2006, 07:36 PM
I think this team is too good at scoring. I think they'll score at least 75 even with scrub time coming early.

Coach
10-31-2006, 07:39 PM
It'll be interesting to see how WSU will fare w/o Miller this time....

ChiefaRoo
10-31-2006, 07:40 PM
Me too. His defense and transition offense were never very good but his low post game and his inside out passing were very good. Not a bad rebounder either.

Saulbadguy
10-31-2006, 07:42 PM
Who are they going to go with in the low post? Kyle Wilson? Can he play back to the basket?

ChiefaRoo
10-31-2006, 07:45 PM
Who are they going to go with in the low post? Kyle Wilson? Can he play back to the basket?

Wilson has a number of back to the basket moves.

Phillip Thomasson will take Miller's spot most likely. He's smaller but physically pretty stout in the post or so they say. He's a transfer from Colo. State.

Starters

Matt Braeuer 5'-11" Junior
Sean Ogirri 6'-2" Junior
PJ Couisnard 6'-4" Junior
Kyle Wilson 6'-8" Senior
Phillip thomasson 6'-7" Junior ** probably could be Ryan Martin 6'-5" Senior but he's even smaller

Key reserves

Karon Bradley 5'-11" Senior
Ryan Martin
Gal Mekel 6'-3" Freshman Mekel was highly recruited http://www.goshockers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=61183&SPID=2851&DB_OEM_ID=7500&ATCLID=654216&Q_SEASON=2006
A number of Freshmen who I can't wait to see.

http://www.goshockers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=61183&SPID=2851&DB_OEM_ID=7500&ATCLID=654201&Q_SEASON=2006

Saulbadguy
11-01-2006, 09:53 PM
Hey everyone (and that means you Jayhawk fans too) Wichita State opens its exhibition schedule against that powerhouse from Emporia State tomorrow night in Wichita.

Predictions?

Mine

WSU - 88
ESU - 66

Turg. won't run up the score and will clear the bench early.
Pretty close. 87-62 final.

|Zach|
11-01-2006, 10:03 PM
http://www.missouristate.edu/images/logos/CarrLftStrUnivRev.gif

ChiefaRoo
11-01-2006, 10:04 PM
Hey Saul, I just got back from the game. Good exhibition against a completely overmatched opponent. Sean Ogirri didn't play because of a hip muscle pull. Kyle Wilson will be a significant force in the paint at 6'-8" and Phil Thomasson 6'-7" muscular post player with nice ups will take the other big man spot most likely. WSU's guard play is very good and is smarter than most teams at the D1 level. Lots of 3 guard sets I'm sure in the upcoming year. Good crowd too.

ChiefsCountry
11-01-2006, 10:05 PM
Missouri State 75
Truman State 59

Saulbadguy
11-01-2006, 10:06 PM
Hey Saul, I just got back from the game. Good exhibition against a completely overmatched opponent. Sean Ogirri didn't play because of a hip muscle pull. Kyle Wilson will be a significant force in the paint at 6'-8" and Phil Thomasson 6'-7" muscular post player with nice ups will take the other big man spot most likely. WSU's guard play is very good and is smarter than most teams at the D1 level. Lots of 3 guard sets I'm sure in the upcoming year. Good crowd too.
I read that Ogirri didn't play. Also read Mekel looked pretty good.

K-State nearly lost to ESU last year in an exhibition game..haha. We play Washburn on Saturday night. Only 25 season tickets remain. Very few tickets to the game remain for Saturday.

ChiefaRoo
11-01-2006, 10:06 PM
http://www.missouristate.edu/images/logos/CarrLftStrUnivRev.gif

MState will be good. So will Southern Illinois, Creighton and Wichita State. No team in the Valley will flat out be a pushover. No Colorados here.

Ceej
11-01-2006, 10:08 PM
Will Durley's injury effect WSU?

Fellow Wichitan here. Excited for KU and WSU basketball.

Love this time of the year!

Saulbadguy
11-01-2006, 10:09 PM
MState will be good. So will Southern Illinois, Creighton and Wichita State. No team in the Valley will flat out be a pushover. No Colorados here.
Indiana/Illinois State = pushovers. Evansville and Drake haven't been all that great recently either.

IMO Creighton is the class of the conference followed closesly by WSU and then SIU.

ChiefaRoo
11-01-2006, 10:12 PM
I read that Ogirri didn't play. Also read Mekel looked pretty good.

K-State nearly lost to ESU last year in an exhibition game..haha. We play Washburn on Saturday night. Only 25 season tickets remain. Very few tickets to the game remain for Saturday.

Mekel has all the tools. Big body, speed, vision, sweet stroke and quicks to the hoop. What he doesn't understand yet is the intense defense he's going to see from the likes of Southern Illinois and The Valley in general. He dribbles a bit too much in 1/2 court sets. He's going to be a great player for WSU.

Ceej
11-01-2006, 10:14 PM
Any freshman, besides Mekel going to make an impact?

ChiefaRoo
11-01-2006, 10:15 PM
Indiana/Illinois State = pushovers. Evansville and Drake haven't been all that great recently either.

IMO Creighton is the class of the conference followed closesly by WSU and then SIU.

Indy State upset Bradley last year I believe and a lot of the lower div. teams will be competitive. Anyway, they won't be great but they will be dangerous. Creighton is the Fav. but we'll find out on the court.

ChiefaRoo
11-01-2006, 10:21 PM
Any freshman, besides Mekel going to make an impact?

Too soon to tell. JT Durley a 6-8 240lbs frosh was on track to take the number 4 big man into the game behind Wilson, Martin and Thomasson but he partially tore a knee ligament (wont require surgery) and he's out 4 to 8 weeks so now its up in the air. WSU has a two other big men who play in the post but there both true Freshmen and I didn't see anything great out of them tonight. Some good but no OH MY's! Ryan Bradley a 6'-10" Soph has a shot but he looks lost on the court. He's still growing into his body and I don't know if he's tough enough. We'll see. I'll let you know after the next exhibition game. Too soon to tell. Mekel will definately make an impact.

ChiefsCountry
11-01-2006, 10:33 PM
Illinois State wont be a push over. They brought in some stud JUCOs.

ChiefaRoo
11-01-2006, 10:36 PM
Illinois State wont be a push over. They brought in some stud JUCOs.

The Valley will be tough every night especially for road teams. I watched a piss poor (record that is) Indy State team play WSU at home last year and hit something like 18 threes. Almost, exclusively shot by their big men. WSU won the game but is was closer than you might of thought and the shots they were hoisting up were sick.