PDA

View Full Version : I hate adults who steal candy from little kids on Halloween!

jAZ
10-31-2006, 08:33 PM
I can't count how many parents came to the door tonight with this kids and brought a seperate bucket to get candy for themselves. We have more and more kids coming to our house every year and each year we run out of candy and have to turn off the light when and at least a half dozen more groups come by.

It just occured to me that each adult that comes by and asks for candy is indirectly taking candy away from the kids who will come later.

Don't they know that they are supposed to steal the candy from their own kids when they get home and go to sleep!?!

teedubya
10-31-2006, 08:34 PM
Its the American way. Muwha haha aha

BucEyedPea
10-31-2006, 08:35 PM
I haven't seen that here. Move to Florida!

Bugeater
10-31-2006, 08:35 PM
That's pathetic. You live around a bunch of losers if they're really doing that.

10-31-2006, 08:36 PM
Thats lame

Easy 6
10-31-2006, 08:36 PM
I'd take one quick look at their bucket & one in their eyes, say Happy Halloween and shut the door.

Deberg_1990
10-31-2006, 08:40 PM
I can't count how many parents came to the door tonight with this kids and brought a seperate bucket to get candy for themselves.

Those damn democrats!!!!

unlurking
10-31-2006, 08:40 PM
Growing up in Roeland Park, my parents used to carry around wine glasses and get refills every couple houses. Very cool idea with the cold weather. I'm just afraid if I try and start something like that here, I'll be labeled the town drunk!

Logical
10-31-2006, 08:41 PM
I can't count how many parents came to the door tonight with this kids and brought a seperate bucket to get candy for themselves. We have more and more kids coming to our house every year and each year we run out of candy and have to turn off the light when and at least a half dozen more groups come by.

It just occured to me that each adult that comes by and asks for candy is indirectly taking candy away from the kids who will come later.

Don't they know that they are supposed to steal the candy from their own kids when they get home and go to sleep!?!Why do you put candy in the buckets of the adults? Just say I have only enough for the children sorry.

KcMizzou
10-31-2006, 08:41 PM
Growing up in Roeland Park, my parents used to carry around wine glasses and get refills every couple houses. Very cool idea with the cold weather. I'm just afraid if I try and start something like that here, I'll be labeled the town drunk!Does it have to be Halloween to try that?
:hmmm:

chubychecker
10-31-2006, 08:42 PM
Growing up in Roeland Park, my parents used to carry around wine glasses and get refills every couple houses. Very cool idea with the cold weather. I'm just afraid if I try and start something like that here, I'll be labeled the town drunk!

too late

Hammock Parties
10-31-2006, 08:44 PM
How about stealing candy from the kids that come to your door? The little ****ers are trespassing. I say make them pay the toll. Hahahahaha!

Mecca
10-31-2006, 09:13 PM
If I had to burn my night tooling around with the kids.........I'd expect some candy.

Iowanian
10-31-2006, 09:50 PM
I live on a quiet street, so we didn't get hit hard at all.....the adults that did stick around for a treat, asked for bud light.

B2chiefsfan
10-31-2006, 09:56 PM
My two stepsons both have food allergies. One has peanuts, the other has corn & peanuts. So, my wife and I do a one for one swap on each piece candy of candy they can't have that was collected through the night.

BucEyedPea
10-31-2006, 10:03 PM
My two stepsons both have food allergies. One has peanuts, the other has corn & peanuts. So, my wife and I do a one for one swap on each piece candy of candy they can't have that was collected through the night.
I must be a mean mommy then, 'cause I paid my daughter either a nickle,dime or quarter for every piece of candy she could sell back to me just so she wouldn't eat so much of it. But around age 8 she wouldn't do it anymore. Thought raisin' her on breastmilk, organic baby food and makin' money would have been enough to cure her of wanting any sugar rushes.

The Rick
10-31-2006, 10:07 PM
That's nothing, here in the Milwaukee area, an 11-year-old kid was robbed for his candy. :shake:

11-year-old Pewaukee trick-or-treater robbed of candy

By JACQUELINE SEIBEL
jseibel@journalsentinel.com

Posted: Oct. 31, 2006

City of Pewaukee - Walking home after an afternoon of trick or treating and playing ghost in the graveyard with friends, an 11-year-old boy was robbed of his candy by a male wearing a ski mask, Chief Gary Bach said.

Corey Sweeney, who will be 12 on Thursday, said he went trick or treating with friends in their Springdale Estates neighborhood Sunday afternoon and then visited a friend. When trick or treating ended at 6 p.m., he decided to walk the short distance to his home.

"A car pulled up alongside me and I thought it was just stopping for the stop sign," Corey said. But a male wearing a ski mask got out of the passenger side of the car, walked toward him and asked him if he had any candy.

Corey, wearing a Michael Vick football jersey for a costume, said he did, and the male grabbed a pillow case full of candy.

Corey said he was able to run back the 20 yards where his friend was standing. His friend witnessed the robbery. They called the police, and Corey called his parents, Terry and Lisa Sweeney.

"You think your neighborhood is safe, but it's not," Lisa Sweeney said.

Bach said Corey did everything right by giving up his candy and not trying to fight.

"This shouldn't happen while kids are trick or treating," Bach said.
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=524937

BucEyedPea
10-31-2006, 10:10 PM
OMG! That is very sad. My bag broke once as a kid and I was traumatized when I lost all my candy. Cried my eyes out. I even contacted the incident in therapy years later as an adult.

B2chiefsfan
10-31-2006, 10:10 PM
I must be a mean mommy then, 'cause I paid my daughter either a nickle,dime or quarter for every piece of candy she could sell back to me just so she wouldn't eat so much of it. But around age 8 she wouldn't do it anymore. Thought raisin' her on breastmilk, organic baby food and makin' money would have been enough to cure her of wanting any sugar rushes.

The youngest one can only have candies that contain no corn products. That reduces his selection down to Hershey bars and kisses. It's unbelieveable to see how many items have corn products in them!! Frozen Food, ready made foods, ice cream, medication........it goes on!!!!

BucEyedPea
10-31-2006, 10:14 PM
The youngest one can only have candies that contain no corn products. That reduces his selection down to Hershey bars and kisses. It's unbelieveable to see how many items have corn products in them!! Frozen Food, ready made foods, ice cream, medication........it goes on!!!!
Yes! I know as I have several food allergies myself and I am sensitive to corn.
Corn syrup is in fuggin' everything. It's almost impossible to avoid. But it's crap anyways and thought to be a contributer to the diabetes upsurge or so I hear.

Try freekin' havin' a wheat allergy, which is mine. Try travelin' through airports starvin' to death when everything has wheat in it. Even soy sauce has wheat in it!! I'll tell ya' it was one of the hardest changes I've ever had to adapt to in my life.

Frosty
10-31-2006, 10:40 PM
Try freekin' havin' a wheat allergy, which is mine. Try travelin' through airports starvin' to death when everything has wheat in it. Even soy sauce has wheat in it!! I'll tell ya' it was one of the hardest changes I've ever had to adapt to in my life.

I'm gluten intolerant, so I hear ya. I about killed myself last week when I ate one of those little mini Krackel bars. Turns out they have malted rice in them. Malt is made from barley, which has gluten (along with wheat and rye). :shake: You have to read the ingredients on everything.

JonesCrusher
10-31-2006, 10:45 PM
[QUOTE=The Rick]That's nothing, here in the Milwaukee area, an 11-year-old kid was robbed for his candy. :shake:

That's Hardcore :shake:
Hey The Rick I'm In Burlington WI

Simplex3
10-31-2006, 10:52 PM
I won't even give candy to older (high school) kids, much less adults. Next year you should get your balls from your wife before the trick-or-treaters come around so you can tell the adults "no".

:)

Simplex3
10-31-2006, 10:53 PM
Corn syrup is in fuggin' everything. It's almost impossible to avoid. But it's crap anyways and thought to be a contributer to the diabetes upsurge or so I hear.
I hear eating organic crap leads to food alergies.

Iowanian
11-01-2006, 09:47 AM
I won't even give candy to older (high school) kids, much less adults. Next year you should get your balls from your wife before the trick-or-treaters come around so you can tell the adults "no".

:)

I tried that crap 2 years ago after reading here and thinking about it...and then, about 2 seconds after I shut the door on some Jr high-HS aged hispanic kids.....I remembered Halloween in my home town...and "the list".

You didn't want to be a home owner, teacher or citizen who made "the list".....you could expect a visit from a platoon of creative and sometimes destructive hooligans.

From taht point on....I thought..."hey, a mini candy bar is pretty cheap and harmless".

Dark Horse
11-01-2006, 09:53 AM
I tried that crap 2 years ago after reading here and thinking about it...and then, about 2 seconds after I shut the door on some Jr high-HS aged hispanic kids.....I remembered Halloween in my home town...and "the list".

You didn't want to be a home owner, teacher or citizen who made "the list".....you could expect a visit from a platoon of creative and sometimes destructive hooligans.

From taht point on....I thought..."hey, a mini candy bar is pretty cheap and harmless".

Yeah if they are immature enough to go through all that trouble of dressing up, the least I can do is be mature enough to give them a couple of cheap candies.

NewChief
11-01-2006, 09:54 AM

Thanks for doing your part to train the extortion artists of the future!

morphius
11-01-2006, 09:54 AM
My 5 year old is allergic to corn, wheat, and egg whites, so yeah, try that...

morphius
11-01-2006, 09:56 AM

That has been my running theory for a long time.

Reerun_KC
11-01-2006, 09:58 AM
Its Bush's Fault they are doing that!

Bob Dole
11-01-2006, 10:00 AM
Maybe the parents were just grabbing candy for their child that was stuck in the hospital.

Iowanian
11-01-2006, 10:06 AM
Thanks for doing your part to train the extortion artists of the future!

I've never had an adult ask for candy before....Maybe Grown ups in Iowania just know better.

I know that when I was in Jr High-HS....you wouldn't have wanted to be the person that someone else came to the lot we gathered in on halloween and said "hey guys, this arsehole down at 123 abc street just told me to eff off and wouldn't give me any candy".

I was part of alot of shennanigans as a youth....and am not an extortionist today.

A piece of candy is worth the price of admission.

I've seen things.....M80s placed inside jack o lanterns and a knock on the door....burning bags of poo(huge bags of poo, like 20lbs of cow shit), bars and bars of soap, Cases of tp unleashed....and thats the nice stuff.

Rain Man
11-01-2006, 10:10 AM
I hear eating organic crap leads to food alergies.

Life span of cavemen eating 100% organic products = 30 years

Life span of Ethiopians eating 80% organic products with occasional junk food = 50

Life span of modern Americans drinking Coke and eating Twinkies and Quarter-Pounders = 78

The math is easy here, folks.

Rain Man
11-01-2006, 10:12 AM
And on the original subject, how do you know they're not just little kids with really good costumes?

Pitt Gorilla
11-01-2006, 10:16 AM
I can't imagine that. We are usually trying to get rid of our extra candy, not procure more. That is truly sad.

morphius
11-01-2006, 10:17 AM
I had 4 parents with bags, though all of them were getting candy for kids they were holding...

Pitt Gorilla
11-01-2006, 10:20 AM
My 5 year old is allergic to corn, wheat, and egg whites, so yeah, try that...Wow. I can't imagine that . What do you eat?

morphius
11-01-2006, 10:27 AM
Wow. I can't imagine that . What do you eat?
Well we tried that diet for a while, but he wouldn't touch any of it after the first bite. Hell, I didn't even want it after the first bite, blech.

They are pretty minor allergies, that the doctor said he will most likely grow out of anyway, so we just said screw it and keep a close eye on it and try to cut it to a minimum.

Iowanian
11-01-2006, 10:28 AM
They were just democrats looking for bribes to buy votes from some mentally challenged that live down the street.

kepp
11-01-2006, 10:28 AM

Life span of Ethiopians eating 80% organic products with occasional junk food = 50

Life span of modern Americans drinking Coke and eating Twinkies and Quarter-Pounders = 78

The math is easy here, folks.
Life span of cavement with 0 advanced healthcare = 30 years

Life span of Ethiopians with maybe 20% adequate healthcare = 50 years

Life span of modern Americans with the most advanced healthcare = 78

healthcare advances > food additive degradation

kepp
11-01-2006, 10:30 AM
They were just democrats looking for bribes to buy votes from some mentally challenged that live down the street.
Wealth redistribution!

Simplex3
11-01-2006, 10:30 AM

Nah, I'd turn that into a nuclear arms race. The next year I'd be out with a video camera with night vision, recording each of them and pressing charges the next morning. If they pulled the stunt again the next year I'd find where they all parked while they trashed my place and I'd trash their cars. Eventually they'd give up.

Rain Man
11-01-2006, 10:33 AM

There's no proof of that.

Simplex3
11-01-2006, 10:36 AM

think it's more related to that whole "being eaten by the thing you tried to kill for dinner" thing in the caveman's case.

As for Ethiopia it's all about the thugs with guns, not the health care.

Rain Man
11-01-2006, 10:38 AM
think it's more related to that whole "being eaten by the thing you tried to kill for dinner" thing in the caveman's case.

As for Ethiopia it's all about the thugs with guns, not the health care.

There's no proof of that.

It's the junk food, I tell you. They're not called "artificial preservatives" for nothing.

Iowanian
11-01-2006, 10:38 AM
I fear you'd have found yourself soaked, confused, and upside down in a tater sack, hanging from a light pole on the town square as your house was being filled with Old man Hendix's goats and chickens.

I haven't checked in a while, but I'll wager some of the traditional people are STILL on the list.

Nah, I'd turn that into a nuclear arms race. The next year I'd be out with a video camera with night vision, recording each of them and pressing charges the next morning. If they pulled the stunt again the next year I'd find where they all parked while they trashed my place and I'd trash their cars. Eventually they'd give up.

NewChief
11-01-2006, 10:45 AM
I've never had an adult ask for candy before....Maybe Grown ups in Iowania just know better.

I know that when I was in Jr High-HS....you wouldn't have wanted to be the person that someone else came to the lot we gathered in on halloween and said "hey guys, this arsehole down at 123 abc street just told me to eff off and wouldn't give me any candy".

I was part of alot of shennanigans as a youth....and am not an extortionist today.

A piece of candy is worth the price of admission.

I've seen things.....M80s placed inside jack o lanterns and a knock on the door....burning bags of poo(huge bags of poo, like 20lbs of cow shit), bars and bars of soap, Cases of tp unleashed....and thats the nice stuff.

Oh, I can imagine. My comment was basically just to riff on the idea that the entire premise behind Trick or Treat is extortion.

alpha_omega
11-01-2006, 10:47 AM
That is almost as bad as the 15 & 16 year olds who came to our door last night.

mikey23545
11-01-2006, 11:07 AM
I was sure when I saw the title this was going to be another Bush-bash by jIZ....

Iowanian
11-01-2006, 11:21 AM
I was sure when I saw the title this was going to be another Bush-bash by jIZ....

You know better than that mikey.....We all know which party would be at your front door with their hand out.

The only thing I'm surprised jaz hasn't said, was that instead of candy, he passed out moveon dot org(non invoice payers) or some other activist literature.

[waving]"and remember kids, replublicans invented candy to make you fat so you wouldn't be able to succeed in life!"

listopencil
11-01-2006, 01:00 PM

Yeah, but I think that had a lot to do with monkey dentists.