PDA

View Full Version : WOW.Bills fans go crazy on a Patriot Fan

11-01-2006, 09:15 AM
Insults, injuries: Mass. man beaten at N.Y. stadium
By Jessica Heslam
Boston Herald Media Reporter

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - Updated: 04:29 AM EST

While his helpless, pregnant wife watched in horror, a Woburn man says, he was viciously beaten outside the Buffalo Bills’ football stadium last week by a liquored-up mob of New York fans embittered after the Pats crushed their team.

“I thought they were going to kill him,” a pregnant Diane Donaghey said yesterday of the booze-fueled ruffians who allegedly attacked her husband, Barry, 30.

The couple filed a police report and have retained a lawyer. They say they never saw a security guard during their ordeal.Police in Orchard Park, N.Y., where the stadium is located, did not respond to calls seeking comment.

A spokesman for the Bills organization said he wasn’t aware of the incident but would look into it today.

The pair went to Niagara Falls and the Oct. 22 Patriots game at Ralph Wilson Stadium to celebrate their second wedding anniversary.

After the game, in which the Pats mauled the Bills 28-6, the couple grilled food in the parking lot while waiting for it to clear out. About 5 p.m., Barry Donaghey - who was wearing a Red Sox cap and Pats jacket - went to use a nearby porta-potty.

While Donaghey was inside, he said, Bills fans began hurling anti-Patriots insults and pelting the portable restroom with rocks and other objects. “I thought if I kept my head down, I would be fine,” recalled the software salesman.

Donaghey said four men were waiting outside, and one of them punched him in the face, turned to the others and yelled “Let’s get him!” The cockeyed crowd quickly grew to about 20 people, he said.

He said the mob punched, kicked and attacked him as he made his way back toward his car. One man struck him with a portable chair, he said. “I was just fighting for my life. I managed to stay on my feet. I thought, if I went down, they would kill me,” he said.

Diane Donaghey, 31, who is four months pregnant with their first child, screamed for help and begged the cowardly mob to stop. At one point, she was grabbed as she tried to help her husband.

Finally, one man helped the blood-covered Donaghey into his car. He underwent surgery Friday to repair a shattered finger and broken hand. He suffered a black eye and head injuries. His arms were covered in bruises and he’s “without the use of his hands.”

That is pathetic..it's only a ****ing game :shake:

ptlyon
11-01-2006, 09:19 AM
Now those are real fans!

KcMizzou
11-01-2006, 09:22 AM
A couple drunken idiots are understandable, even expected. But 20?

Lzen
11-01-2006, 09:23 AM
That's pretty sad. I will say this, however. After seeing some drunk and very obnoxious Chargers and Bengals fans at Chiefs games this year, some people are asking for it. Not saying that is the case with this guy. Just saying it is a possibility. Not that I would ever do what those 20 Bills fans did, but some opposing fans do stupid stuff and don't think about the possible consequences.

ptlyon
11-01-2006, 09:24 AM
He said the mob punched, kicked and attacked him as he made his way back toward his car. One man struck him with a portable chair, he said.

Wow - suddenly a Jerry Springer show broke out

Dark Horse
11-01-2006, 09:27 AM
That's pretty sad. I will say this, however. After seeing some drunk and very obnoxious Chargers and Bengals fans at Chiefs games this year, some people are asking for it. Not saying that is the case with this guy. Just saying it is a possibility. Not that I would ever do what those 20 Bills fans did, but some opposing fans do stupid stuff and don't think about the possible consequences.

You still have to be an adult about it and ignore them or you are just as bad as they are.

Bugeater
11-01-2006, 09:27 AM
I don't see what the problem is, that guy deserved it for going to a game wearing the opposing team's gear. [/Mecca]

11-01-2006, 09:31 AM
I would assume that most of the Bengal/Charger fans were not there by themselves with their pregnant wives..right??

Dark Horse
11-01-2006, 09:35 AM
I would assume that most of the Bengal/Charger fans were not there by themselves with their pregnant wives..right??

There was a Charger fan in front of me, alone with his wife and 2 small children and he kept getting up and taunting the crowd. Fortunatly for the kids sake we Chiefs fans are a classy bunch for the most part and just ignored him.

Al Bundy
11-01-2006, 09:37 AM
Sounds like this guy was at a Philthy Iggle game.

11-01-2006, 09:37 AM
There was a Charger fan in front of me, alone with his wife and 2 small children and he kept getting up and taunting the crowd. Fortunatly for the kids sake we Chiefs fans are a classy bunch for the most part and just ignored him.
Really??

Then I take that back..I wasn't there

donkhater
11-01-2006, 09:38 AM
I went to the Bengals game back in '03 at Paul Brown stadium (KC was undefeated) wearing my DT jersey.

The Bengal fans around me were pretty cool, and most of my cheering/yelling was directed at the Chiefs players not the Bengals themselves.

In hindsight it was probably lucky for me that KC lost that game because there were fans that were coming up to me and being pretty obnoxious for no other reason than their team beat KC.

Had KC won on some fluke play, it wouldn't have surprised me if it got a little uglier than that.

Otter
11-01-2006, 09:40 AM
Bet 20:1 some guy was being an asshole and "oh...my...goodness" somone decided to see how far back they could push his nose into his face.

If that's the case one side is as stupid as the other.

MOhillbilly
11-01-2006, 10:02 AM
Bills fans are as bad as philly fan and oakland fans.

Rain Man
11-01-2006, 10:03 AM
I didn't think anyone cared about the AFC East that much.

MOhillbilly
11-01-2006, 10:11 AM
I didn't think anyone cared about the AFC East that much.

drinking and football is all they have to look forward to.

if you were snowed into your house 80% of the year youd act like The Shining come sunday aswell.

alpha_omega
11-01-2006, 10:30 AM
Wow...this quote tells it all.

booze-fueled ruffians

Chief Pote
11-01-2006, 11:23 AM
See there IS an excellent use of the concealed carry law.

If that were me, there would be some dead mother****ers at that stadium. POP, POP, POP and somebody would need to call the funeral home for a pickup

Redrum_69
11-01-2006, 11:46 AM
Sounds like the Bills need to recruit their fanbase for defensive starters...

BIG_DADDY
11-01-2006, 11:49 AM
I never understand this it's just stupid and very cowardly.

CoMoChief
11-01-2006, 11:54 AM
I don't see a problem with this.

Now if the pregnant lady had gotten beaten up, whew! Now thats a story!!!!

HemiEd
11-01-2006, 11:57 AM
“I thought if I kept my head down, I would be fine,” recalled the software salesman.

Must be a golfer.

kcxiv
11-01-2006, 11:59 AM
I seen it happen to a Chiefs fan in Oakland. ITs not that uncommon for fans to beat the shit outta other fans like that.

kcxiv
11-01-2006, 12:00 PM
See there IS an excellent use of the concealed carry law.

If that were me, there would be some dead mother****ers at that stadium. POP, POP, POP and somebody would need to call the funeral home for a pickup
sure tough guy. lol

big nasty kcnut
11-01-2006, 12:34 PM
Hold on cntrygal is a bills fan and my friend so not all bills fans are crazy.

Archie F. Swin
11-01-2006, 12:54 PM
it must have been the Red Sox cap

ptlyon
11-01-2006, 01:02 PM

We're not saying all of them are crazy, just the rest of them.

Rain Man
11-01-2006, 01:15 PM

I think your logic may be incorrect here. :p

Demonpenz
11-01-2006, 01:16 PM
Lamar thomas was in the tunnel waiting for him

Basileus777
11-01-2006, 01:17 PM
Bills fans are as bad as philly fan and oakland fans.

Philly fans must be upset that they didn't have anyone to harass this week. If only the Jags had a fan base....

Skyy God
11-01-2006, 01:41 PM
I'm not surprised. I took a Bills fan I was dating to the 2003 Sunday night game. During halftime, in which we were up 28-0, she bit me on my hand.

In her defense, the Canucks sitting next to us were feeding her liquor.

ptlyon
11-01-2006, 01:50 PM
I'm not surprised. I took a Bills fan I was dating to the 2003 Sunday night game. During halftime, in which we were up 28-0, she bit me on my hand.

German Shepard?

ChiTown
11-01-2006, 02:00 PM
It's sad, but I won't take my kids to some college venues to watch games (Columbia, MO and Boulder, Co). Those use to be annual pilgrimages for me and my friends. I've seen way too much that happens when those fugging idiots start drinking.

I've got no problem taking care of myself and my wife, but I won't risk my kids well-being in that sort of environment. Speaking from my OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, there's not a bigger group of fuk wads than a drunk group of MU and CU fans. It's not even close.

Halfcan
11-01-2006, 02:33 PM
Where in the F#ck was security or other Pats fans. Doesn't surprise me it was Bills fans-F#CK the Bills!!!

kcxiv
11-01-2006, 02:33 PM
Football games are no place for a kid. I know it shouldnt be that way, but its true. I wouldnt ever take my kid <though i dont have any> to a professional football game til they were well into thier mid Teens. Its just to harsh.

Lzen
11-01-2006, 03:53 PM
It's sad, but I won't take my kids to some college venues to watch games (Columbia, MO and Boulder, Co). Those use to be annual pilgrimages for me and my friends. I've seen way too much that happens when those fugging idiots start drinking.

I've got no problem taking care of myself and my wife, but I won't risk my kids well-being in that sort of environment. Speaking from my OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, there's not a bigger group of fuk wads than a drunk group of MU and CU fans. It's not even close.

I can believe that about Missouri fans. Didn't know CU fans were just as bad.

Halfcan
11-01-2006, 04:25 PM

Wow that is shocking coming from a Kansas fan. :rolleyes:

Easy 6
11-01-2006, 04:26 PM
Just unreal.......from time to time please remind me to HATE the Jills.

KcMizzou
11-01-2006, 04:28 PM
Wow that is shocking coming from a Kansas fan. :rolleyes:
KSU, but yeah...

I honestly can't say because unfortunately I haven't been to a game in Columbia. Gotta make a road trip one of these days.

Halfcan
11-01-2006, 04:34 PM
I have a feeling the Border War is going to Explode on the Planet this year.

Halfcan
11-01-2006, 04:36 PM
A Pats fan gets beat up by Bills fans and its the CU and MU fans that get called out??? I guess college students don't drink in Kansas.

Mama Hip Rockets
11-01-2006, 09:35 PM
man, i hope there are no crazy rams fans like that, cause i'm going to the game this week.

oh wait, the rams don't have fans. never mind.

dtebbe
11-01-2006, 11:28 PM
I'd bet anything that the "poor patriots fan" was talking smack

DT

CHENZ A!
11-01-2006, 11:31 PM
Football games are no place for a kid. I know it shouldnt be that way, but its true. I wouldnt ever take my kid <though i dont have any> to a professional football game til they were well into thier mid Teens. Its just to harsh.

I've been going to Arrowead since I was so young I had my diapers changed there. Maybe thats why I'm all messed up. :hmmm:

Bugeater
11-01-2006, 11:31 PM
I can believe that about Missouri fans. Didn't know CU fans were just as bad.
Have you been living in a cave? sCUm fans are among the worst in college football.

Bugeater
11-01-2006, 11:33 PM
I'd bet anything that the "poor patriots fan" was talking smack

DT
That's very likely, but it doesn't justify beating him to within inches of his life.

Thig Lyfe
11-02-2006, 12:49 AM
They were blocked into him. [/Mecca]

Ultra Peanut
11-02-2006, 12:51 AM
I don't see what the problem is, that guy deserved it for going to a game wearing the opposing team's gear. [/Mecca]LMAO

Simplex3
11-02-2006, 08:21 AM
I've been going to Arrowead since I was so young I had my diapers changed there. Maybe thats why I'm all messed up. :hmmm:
So your first trip was this year? :shrug:

ChiTown
11-02-2006, 10:07 AM
Have you been living in a cave? sCUm fans are among the worst in college football.

You ever been hit by one of the CU fans piss balloons? I haven't, but the guy two seats from me (in 2000) got plastered on the side of the face. Unfriggenbelievable.

And Halfcan, in my own experieince, drunk MU fans are some of the worst - WORST!

My Top 5 Best College Fan experiences:
1. aTm - Absolutely The Best - they treat you like you're one of their own. Their freaky chanting shit really fugs with your mind though

2. Okie State - Stillwater is a great little town and their fans are top shelf

3. Michigan - Knowledgeable fans and you can't beat watching a game in the Big House

4. Nebraska - Despite my hatred for NU, their fans are good people and very supportive. Great gameday experience.

5. UT - Just an awesome stadium and great place to be on Saturdays. I've been to Austin twice for KSU games ('99 & '03) and have been treated VERY well by their fans.

jspchief
11-02-2006, 10:18 AM
My experience with visiting stadiums is that you'll only get into as many fights as you're looking for. It may mean you have to sit back and take verbal abuse, but most of the time it takes two to actually make a fight break out. And if you're out-numbered 60k to one, it's a good idea to grin and bear it.

There's no way of knowing what really happened, but my guess is the "victim" wasn't totally innocent. Even if he just ran into a few bad apples, I have a hard time believing 20 people would stand by and watch. Someone would have stepped in. My guess is the guy didn't know how to keep his mouth shut. Not saying that excuses it, just that in most of these cases the door swings both ways.

CHENZ A!
11-02-2006, 10:22 AM
So your first trip was this year? :shrug:

Last yr you jerk face :harumph: :)

ChiefsFan4Life
11-02-2006, 10:25 AM
There were these two really annoying Seahawk fans in my section at the last game

One kept holding a sign up that said "Hi Dad" every 5 minutes as though he was going to make it on TV - he was a huge douche

Then his friend was an even bigger douche making big deals out of every Seahawks first down. People were ripping on them occasionally throughout the game and then out of nowhere the "Hi Dad" guy yelled at everyone that his friend was in the Air Force and saving our lives every day. Everyone was like, uh, what's your point?

Rain Man
11-02-2006, 10:28 AM
There were these two really annoying Seahawk fans in my section at the last game

One kept holding a sign up that said "Hi Dad" every 5 minutes as though he was going to make it on TV - he was a huge douche

Then his friend was an even bigger douche making big deals out of every Seahawks first down. People were ripping on them occasionally throughout the game and then out of nowhere the "Hi Dad" guy yelled at everyone that his friend was in the Air Force and saving our lives every day. Everyone was like, uh, what's your point?

If there's one thing I've learned on this board, it's that veterans should get a free pass to do anything they want. I hope you all bought him beer and let him stay in your homes.

Bugeater
11-02-2006, 10:38 AM
You ever been hit by one of the CU fans piss balloons? I haven't, but the guy two seats from me (in 2000) got plastered on the side of the face. Unfriggenbelievable.

And Halfcan, in my own experieince, drunk MU fans are some of the worst - WORST!

My Top 5 Best College Fan experiences:
1. aTm - Absolutely The Best - they treat you like you're one of their own. Their freaky chanting shit really fugs with your mind though

2. Okie State - Stillwater is a great little town and their fans are top shelf

3. Michigan - Knowledgeable fans and you can't beat watching a game in the Big House

4. Nebraska - Despite my hatred for NU, their fans are good people and very supportive. Great gameday experience.

5. UT - Just an awesome stadium and great place to be on Saturdays. I've been to Austin twice for KSU games ('99 & '03) and have been treated VERY well by their fans.

I've never gone to a game in Boulder, and I never plan to. I would also love to go to College Station for a game sometime, that place looks like it would be a blast. It's funny, you hear a lot of Nebraska fans brag about the gameday atmosphere in Lincoln but there's no way in hell it can compare to Aggieland. The blue hairs here barely want to stand up during the game. And yes, Stillwater is a fun place to go to as well, I had a great time there. Never been to Columbia but I've heard that can be a little rough, and I've also heard that they don't group the visiting fans anywhere, they spread them randomly around the stadium instead.

BucEyedPea
11-02-2006, 01:35 PM
Sounds like this guy was at a Philthy Iggle game.

Sure does. But I heard Buffalo is also pretty rough...and that's coming from a former pro-football player claimin' it's one of the worst stadiums to play in due to the fan crowd.

I hope we don't get like the Europeans over here.

Reerun_KC
11-02-2006, 01:44 PM
I was at Arrowhead a few years back for a Vikings game. I can’t remember exactly where we were parked, but I remember some Moron in a Winnebago came in. There were some pretty cool Guys who were Viking fans right next to us. We were razzing them and back and forth. Just your friendly smack talk, was pretty funny. Anyway, Mr. Mullet Chiefs fan comes in his really crappy Winnebago, (instead of buying season tickets, how about some dental work?) decides he wants to park next to the Vikings fans. They had there BBQ grill in that spot, actually cooking and holding it for a friend that was like 3 cars behind Mr. Mullet. So Mr. Mullet in his drunken state decided that he wanted that spot and was going to take it whether these guys moved there BBQ grill or not.

So bring on some shouting and name calling from Mullet wearing Chiefs fan. I was thinking oh boy here we go…. So the Vikings guys said we aren’t moving the grill our buddy is like 3 cars behind you waiting to get in here... Mr. Mullet wasn’t having any of this. He starts shouting “this is my stadium and my team” blah blah blah! So instead of being a cool guy, he puts his really sweet barely running Winnebago in gear and runs right over there BBQ grill… I was thinking nice, Fight started!! (But it was pretty funny) The Viking dudes were pissed. There buddies are coming up from the car 3 cars back and they are ready to kick Mr. Mullet’s ass… Lucky for both sides the cops showed up at just the right time (no fight) and MR Mullet got arrested DUI and missed the game. He was screaming at the Viking fans, for ruining his day….

It was classic and I am not excusing the Viking fans for not moving there grill, but just because we are Chief fans and root for out team, there are plenty of dumbasses in our parking lot as well… More to follow….

ptlyon
11-02-2006, 01:47 PM
More to follow….

When the **** do we get ice cream?

11-02-2006, 01:47 PM
I hope we don't get like the Europeans over here.

That will never happen..

Our Cops carry guns..a majority of the european police do not

Reerun_KC
11-02-2006, 01:57 PM
After the same game as the previous story, we were sitting on the tailgate of the truck have a couple of cold ones and watching the crowd walk by. You know friendly razzing the Viking fans; if I remember correctly it was a Sunday night game and DT Buried Jeff George at mid field?

Anyway, there were some fans (chief fans) walking by, without sounding predigest, there were from Mexico. So this girl and guy started arguing, and out of no where, his halls off and deck her, knocking here down. Right in front of us. I was thinking “Damn a beat down” Across the way there were some girls, Obviously Lesbians, (chief fans) weren’t going to be having any of that. This one chick walks over and starts yelling at this dude and he is like “get back or I will smack your ho ass down” or something like that. And next thing I know, this chick decks him. I mean hard. I spit beer through the nose on that one. She starts to lay a big ass whipped on him. Well her “friend” was watching the beat down of this guy and when he got a chance the smacked this girl a good one. Well that pissed off the other friend and she come over and started to work on this dude along with her friend...

What the funny part was, His buddies just stood there and watched. There were a lot of other guys around and I don’t think they were going to intervene… I will never forget it. Those 2 girls kicked his ass pretty good.

Never saw what happened to the girl he hit first, she must of jetted.

No Ice Cream for you!

Fish
11-02-2006, 02:44 PM
Anyway, there were some fans (chief fans) walking by, without sounding predigest, there were from Mexico.

Predigest? ROFL

I think you meant raysest....

ptlyon
11-02-2006, 03:07 PM
After the same game as the previous story, we were sitting on the tailgate of the truck have a couple of cold ones and watching the crowd walk by.

That was the night from hell. That same game I fell down the steps in the 3rd level (about 8 seats). Then, after the game we lost the wife of one of the couples that were there. She was smashed. We got on the bus to leave and she wasn't there. So my brother and her husband went out to find her. The bus ended up leaving and my 18 year old niece had to drive back to Arrowhead and find them.

That was a super crazy night.

Reerun_KC
11-02-2006, 03:30 PM
Predigest? ROFL

I think you meant raysest....

Yeah something like that, my freaking spell checker was pissing me off... I cant spell for sh*t sometimes....

Oh well, laugh away!!!!

64 Chief
11-02-2006, 03:51 PM
I went to a Chiefs/Eagles game at Philly with an offduty armed policeman who could bench press 500lbs. No problem, Chiefs won and the Eagles fans wanted the Eagles to sign my bodyguard. Generally, I find most opposing fans are good natured as long as you are not obnoxious.

ptlyon
11-03-2006, 01:14 PM
I've been going to Arrowead since I was so young I had my diapers changed there.

Did you happen to get LJ's autograph in there?

Cntrygal
11-03-2006, 10:00 PM
I think your logic may be incorrect here. :p

I wasn't even here for this conversation...

But for the record - I wouldn't have needed 19 other guys to kick some ass. :shake: