PDA

View Full Version : Q&A with HERM EDWARDS - 11/1

Donger
11-01-2006, 04:26 PM
Nov 01, 2006, 3:30:28 PM

HERM EDWARDS: “Trent (Green) actually did some things today. Actually threw seven-on-seven which was good.

“As far as the Rams, they play good at home. Have a very, very potent high-powered offense. Defense is very good and very fast – do a great job of taking the ball away. They’re plus 10 in turnovers and they can cause you problems ‘cause they can bring a lot of pressure.

“The crowd can get very loud especially if you get behind. It’s noisy and it’s difficult for the offensive tackles to hear the snap count. They’ve got some great rushers to rush the quarterback. We’ve got our hands full, no doubt about it. They’re doing very well in their division and trying to keep pace with Seattle. This is a big game for them and a big game for us. We dug ourselves out of a hole and if we’re going to continue to go in a direction that you need to go at this point and time you’ve got to win games – all of them are important. We’ve got one road win and this is a winning team and you’ve got to beat these teams if you’re going to become a playoff team. It’ll be a good test for us.”

Q: Larry Johnson seemed to have fun playing you yesterday?

EDWARDS: “Had a little fun. It was trick or treat yesterday. You can tell he’s paying attention to what I said, ‘cause he sounded an awful lot like what I talk about.”

Q: Did Huard do everything he normally does?

EDWARDS: “Yeah.”

Q: Is he even listed on the injury report?

EDWARDS: “No, not at all.”

Q: Trent went to the doctor yesterday and is he cleared to play?

EDWARDS: “No, no.”

Q: No timetable?

EDWARDS: “Nope.”

Q: A matter of looking at him next week?

EDWARDS: “I would assume that.”

Q: So he won’t play this week for sure?

EDWARDS: “No, he will not.’

Q: How did he look on the seven-on-seven?

EDWARDS: “He looked good. He gave us a good look as a Rams quarterback. I think he knows that system which is good.”

Q: That was kind of a disappointment for him as he was hoping to get that clearance this week?

EDWARDS: “I just think he understands it’s in the doctor’s hand and we all understand that. We weigh on that to see what they say. He’s getting better and playing seven-on-seven today is better than the previous weeks and that’s good for us too.”

Q: Are you going to keep Casey Printers on your 53-man roster?

EDWARDS: “No, we put him back down on the practice squad so we have an open spot right now.”

Q: When will you have to fill that?

EDWARDS: “You can go with 52 or 50 (players), whatever you want. You only need 11 to play.”

Q: Do you expect John Welbourn to play this week?

EDWARDS: “No.”

Q: He’s definitely out?

EDWARDS: “I’m not going to say definitely but right now he’s not in the plans.”

Q: What was your message to the team going on the road where you have struggled and not beaten a team with a winning record?

EDWARDS: “The first thing is you can’t get behind. You can’t get behind against good teams on the road because you have no shot. The last time we did that we got waxed. We got our butts waxed, to be quite honest.”

Q: Did you bring that up to them? Do you want them to remember that?

EDWARDS: “Oh, they remember. We had a good talk today – a nice chat. A one-way conversation.”

Q: What was that conversation?

EDWARDS: “A one-way conversation.”

Q: Is Bulger not taking as many chances but he’s taking some sacks.

EDWARDS: “When you play an offense like they like playing you’re going to hold the ball a little longer because of the routes opening up down the field further. There’s some risk in it and there’s also some reward in it. He’s hit a lot of big plays and they have 30 times that they’re plus 20 (yards) or more. You get sacked some but they fight through it.”

Q: He’s only thrown one pick. Is he that good or has there been some drops?

EDWARDS: “Nah, he’s done a good job of throwing the ball and not throwing it into a lot of traffic. You lose sight of the runner. He’s fast and is hard to tackle.”

Q: Are you going the extra mile to simulate noise this week?

EDWARDS: “No different than we always do with the speakers out there. We do that on the road for the offense where it’s noisy. We did it for Arizona and Pittsburgh the week before and did it in Denver. It helps you some. But it’s just keeping your poise basically.”

Q: You wouldn’t anticipate it being more of a problem than it would be elsewhere?

EDWARDS: “It’s noisy there, I know that. I’ve coached in some games there and it’s very, very loud, especially when you get behind and you have to pass. It’s tough.”

Halfcan
11-01-2006, 04:33 PM
Herm sounds like a PR man for the Rams-their D is fast and good???? What a joke-we should run all over them.

Crashride
11-01-2006, 04:43 PM
Q: Did you bring that up to them? Do you want them to remember that?

EDWARDS: “Oh, they remember. We had a good talk today – a nice chat. A one-way conversation.”

Q: What was that conversation?

EDWARDS: “A one-way conversation.”

LOL. OWNED

StcChief
11-01-2006, 04:43 PM
No excuses get it done. Get the W.

KurtCobain
11-01-2006, 11:16 PM
chiefs are gonna beat a and herm knows it.

Direckshun
11-01-2006, 11:41 PM
I doubt it's going to be too noisy in St. Louis. We've played there numerous times and it seems to be 30% Chiefs fans.

HemiEd
11-02-2006, 04:13 AM
I am starting to like this guy.

Hammock Parties
11-02-2006, 06:54 AM
I am starting to like this guy.

Hey man stop throwing DV under the bus if we had DV and AL FREAKIN' SAUNDERS our offense wouldn't suck and we'd be 7-0 like in 2003 remember when we were undefeated that was because of DV he was sooooo awesome and stuff and our offense ruled man herm sucks.