PDA

View Full Version : Hear ye, year ye! The jury has been sequestered!

Rain Man
11-01-2006, 04:56 PM
The jury:

Adept Havelock
JimNasium
Delano
scott free
On the Warpath58
PastorMikH
Chieficus
AZChiefFan
NJChieffan
Metrolike
mmaddog
unlurking

Well, not really sequestered. I just wanted to show you to your rooms.

Due to the importance of this case, you will be staying at a relatively isolated location, and the court has chosen the luxurious Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado.

http://www.hotel-online.com/News/PR2005_3rd/StanleyEstesParkExteriorPhoto.jpeg

You will each have your own room, and while not at the trial you will be expected to be at the hotel. You can receive unlimited room service and up to three pay-per-view movies per day. Feel free to make use of the hotel's spa, pool, and hedge maze at your leisure.

As jury members, you may ask clarifying questions in the trial thread, but please save all of your discussions with other jury members and your deliberations for this thread.

That is all. The court thanks you for your civic service.

Easy 6
11-01-2006, 04:58 PM
Wow, some 1st class lodgings, i only need to know 2 things...where is Scatman Crothers and where can i find an axe???

Calcountry
11-01-2006, 04:58 PM
The jury:

Adept Havelock
JimNasium
Delano
scott free
On the Warpath58
PastorMikH
Chieficus
AZChiefFan
NJChieffan
Metrolike
mmaddog
unlurking

Well, not really sequestered. I just wanted to show you to your rooms.

Due to the importance of this case, you will be staying at a relatively isolated location, and the court has chosen the luxurious Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado.

http://www.hotel-online.com/News/PR2005_3rd/StanleyEstesParkExteriorPhoto.jpeg

You will each have your own room, and while not at the trial you will be expected to be at the hotel. You can receive unlimited room service and up to three pay-per-view movies per day. Feel free to make use of the hotel's spa, pool, and hedge maze at your leisure.

As jury members, you may ask clarifying questions in the trial thread, but please save all of your discussions with other jury members and your deliberations for this thread.

That is all. The court thanks you for your civic service.I need a job, I am qualified at changing rat shit, so, can I clean the toilettes. ;)

Rain Man
11-01-2006, 05:01 PM
I need a job, I am qualified at changing rat shit, so, can I clean the toilettes. ;)

I am relatively certain that the jury members will need a bellhop for room service...

Adept Havelock
11-01-2006, 05:02 PM
OK, who gets stuck with room 237?

The bar is pretty good I hear, but the bartender is a bit off.

Thig Lyfe
11-01-2006, 05:03 PM
dammit! THIS IS MY LAST POST ON CHIEFSPLANET

Stewie
11-01-2006, 05:04 PM
I am relatively certain that the jury members will need a bellhop for room service...

Tempting... AND I've been in the Stanley several times, but I don't do monkey work. I can say "monkey" can't I?

siberian khatru
11-01-2006, 05:05 PM
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boyAll work and no play makes Jack a dull boyAll work and no play makes Jack a dull boyAll work and no play makes Jack a dull boyAll work and no play makes Jack a dull boyAll work and no play makes Jack a dull boyAll work and no play makes Jack a dull boyAll work and no play makes Jack a dull boyAll work and no play makes Jack a dull boyAll work and no play makes Jack a dull boyAll work and no play makes Jack a dull boyAll work and no play makes Jack a dull boyAll work and no play makes Jack a dull boyAll work and no play makes Jack a dull boyAll work and no play makes Jack a dull boyAll work and no play makes Jack a dull boyAll work and no play makes Jack a dull boyAll work and no play makes Jack a dull boyAll work and no play makes Jack a dull boyAll work and no play makes Jack a dull boyAll work and no play makes Jack a dull boyAll work and no play makes Jack a dull boyAll work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

teedubya
11-01-2006, 05:05 PM
i have been robbed. I was first killed on the WWII bomber simulation, and I got hosed on this jury.

Thats okay though...

Mecca is guilty! That mofo needs to be hanged!

Ill be on the Lynch mob.

Easy 6
11-01-2006, 05:06 PM
OK, who gets stuck with room 237?

The bar is pretty good I hear, but the bartender is a bit off.
IF i may be so bold sir...your son is a VERY willful boy..............

11-01-2006, 05:06 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/25eCZVhBQPc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/25eCZVhBQPc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Adept Havelock
11-01-2006, 05:07 PM
IF i may be so bold sir...your son is a VERY willful boy..............

ROFL

Well, I'll just have to "correct" him, won't I?

Can I winter over with Rebecca Demornay (sp?) instead of Shelly Duvall your honor?

siberian khatru
11-01-2006, 05:08 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/bb/The_shining_heres_johnny.jpg/150px-The_shining_heres_johnny.jpg

"Heeeeeeere's Rain Main!"

Easy 6
11-01-2006, 05:09 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/25eCZVhBQPc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/25eCZVhBQPc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
HA, nice find bill, the Mel Tillis approach to lawyerin'.........

Pants
11-01-2006, 05:10 PM
i have been robbed. I was first killed on the WWII bomber simulation, and I got hosed on this jury.

Thats okay though...

Mecca is guilty! That mofo needs to be hanged!

Ill be on the Lynch mob.

Now, now... he's innocent until proven guilty.

11-01-2006, 05:11 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qLTYCE_NDRc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qLTYCE_NDRc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Easy 6
Tempting... AND I've been in the Stanley several times, but I don't do monkey work. I can say "monkey" can't I?
OK then...spill your best Stanley Hotel stories, did ya take a bath with the rotted hag???

siberian khatru
Now, now... he's innocent until proven guilty.

This is Chiefs Planet, not America.

Easy 6
11-01-2006, 05:17 PM
ROFL

Well, I'll just have to "correct" him, won't I?

Can I winter over with Rebecca Demornay (sp?) instead of Shelly Duvall your honor?
No, you will have to stare into the buck-toothed visage of Duvall, maybe you should head down to the ballroom for a drink with ol' Lloyd before you attempt to bed her...............

Reaper16
11-01-2006, 05:30 PM
A hotel in Colorado? If I were a juror, I'd be afraid of being raped by Kobe Bryant, and could face mental distress that affects my ability to evaluate the case.

BIG_DADDY
11-01-2006, 05:35 PM
A hotel in Colorado? If I were a juror, I'd be afraid of being raped by Kobe Bryant, and could face mental distress that affects my ability to evaluate the case.

You know you want it. LMAO

Reaper16
11-01-2006, 05:45 PM
You know you want it. LMAO
You're right. There ain't no party like a Mamba party!
Kobe was totally innocent of those charges, imo, but I like jokes.

PastorMikH
11-01-2006, 05:58 PM

[PastorMikH thinking to himself]

Yeah right. Good luck with that one Judgy ol' boy! :fire:

[/PastorMikH thinking to himself]

Adept Havelock
11-01-2006, 06:08 PM
No, you will have to stare into the buck-toothed visage of Duvall, maybe you should head down to the ballroom for a drink with ol' Lloyd before you attempt to bed her...............

There's not enough booze in the whole bleedin' boozer for that, buddy. Looks like another night passed out on the bar. :)

unlurking
11-01-2006, 07:08 PM
Jury for sale!

PastorMikH
11-02-2006, 06:13 PM
Anyone got a pencil? The judge has yet to supply pencils. I have a note pad and a piece of paper but no pencil.

Easy 6
11-02-2006, 06:26 PM
Anyone got a pencil? The judge has yet to supply pencils. I have a note pad and a piece of paper but no pencil.
I'm using the bloody, detached finger of Scatman Crothers to write with :fire:

Rain Man
11-09-2006, 09:46 AM
The jury may deliberate here. The court clerk or assistant court clerk will bring you crayons if you need to write. (A juror stabbed himself with a pencil a few years back and sued the court, so we can provide only crayons for writing now.)

OnTheWarpath15
11-09-2006, 10:03 AM
Crayons, eh?

boogblaster
11-09-2006, 10:05 AM
Finger painting was outlawed years ago .. play-ground tag..dodge-ball..now pencils..whats next....

PastorMikH
11-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Wow, this is going to be tough. I came in knowing Mecca was guilty of the charges, but the Prosecution has given us no reason to vote guilty. The Defense didn't give any arguements that were entertaining enough to keep my attention either. The judge was clearly lost at times and it was quite clear that his attention was somewhere other than the case at hand.

I still say guilty though - Mecca defending himself reminded me of how reading some of his posts are kinda like using sandpaper in place of toilet paper when you have hemroids.

Thoughts from other Jury members?

luv
11-09-2006, 11:24 AM
Estes Park? Can I be an honorary member of the jury?

Rain Man
11-13-2006, 11:36 AM
Hear ye, hear ye! How goes the jury deliberations? Remember - we need a unanimous decision.

(Not banging gavel, because this isn't a formal court communication.)

JimNasium
11-13-2006, 11:41 AM
Hear ye, hear ye! How goes the jury deliberations? Remember - we need a unanimous decision.

(Not banging gavel, because this isn't a formal court communication.)
Does this mean we can vote now? I've been sleeping.

Redrum_69
11-13-2006, 11:43 AM
Rainman, I thought you said last week that the trial was going to be over and that the defense had won. You stated that the prosecution didnt show proof of mecca being guilty.

Rain Man
11-13-2006, 11:46 AM
The jury may vote, but must harangue each other to achieve unanimity.

And redrum, no such statements were made except by the defense.

JimNasium
11-13-2006, 01:06 PM
Guilty.

PastorMikH
11-13-2006, 01:44 PM
Rainman, I thought you said last week that the trial was going to be over and that the defense had won. You stated that the prosecution didnt show proof of mecca being guilty.

Your Honor Sir, why is a member of the _efense in the Jury Chambers discussing the case?

PastorMikH
11-13-2006, 01:44 PM
Guilty.

Guilty.

Rain Man
11-13-2006, 01:45 PM
Your Honor Sir, why is a member of the _efense in the Jury Chambers discussing the case?

Oh. Right.

Hey, you! Out of here! Scat!

PastorMikH
11-14-2006, 12:03 AM
Lets see, of the 12 members of the Jury, 2 are here. Proper notification was given, so the 2 members present constitute the quorum. Out of the quorum we have 2 guilty votes. Thus, we have a 100% guilty verdict.

Take him away!

:)

Rain Man
11-14-2006, 12:10 AM
I knew we shouldn't have provided spa privileges to the jury.

PastorMikH
11-14-2006, 12:13 AM
I knew we shouldn't have provided spa privileges to the jury.

Spa Priviledges???? Now you tell me!!!

Say, wait a minute, I rescend my vote. I want more time to think about it.

boogblaster
11-14-2006, 12:18 AM
Guilty by association...............

Rain Man
11-15-2006, 12:40 AM
Hear ye, hear ye! The jury appears to be hung.

Get your minds out of the gutters.

We have a hung jury, since they won't vote.

Since the jury is depriving the accused of his right to a speedy trial, the court therefore dismisses all charges against the accused. Mecca is not guilty of treason against Trent Green, not guilty of treason against Larry Johnson, and not guilty of general mayhem.

Case dismissed!

(Banging gavel for the final time.)

Bugeater
11-15-2006, 12:42 AM

Since the jury is depriving the accused of his right to a speedy trial, the court therefore dismisses all charges against the accused. Mecca is not guilty of treason against Trent Green, not guilty of treason against Larry Johnson, and not guilty of general mayhem.

Case dismissed!

Nice going guys.

PastorMikH
11-15-2006, 12:52 AM

Case dismissed!

Perhaps if the wannabe judge had been on the case instead of buying tuxes and listening to fat ladies singing, he'd had a speedy trial with an actual verdict.

:shake:

:)

KurtCobain
11-15-2006, 12:53 AM
so it's over? wow.

enjoyed reading this whole damn thing. funny stuff.

you should targert gochiefs and hootie next time for worshipping a QB who's not Trent Green. Whether they still do or not.

PastorMikH
11-15-2006, 12:57 AM
so it's over? wow.

enjoyed reading this whole damn thing. funny stuff.

you should targert gochiefs and hootie next time for worshipping a QB who's not Trent Green. Whether they still do or not.

The judge lost his burst, that's why the jury lost focus. Also, the court clerk failed to notify the jury through PMs telling them it was time to vote. We got PMs for everything else.

I missed 2 weeks of work, my family, several football games, and got paid $10 a day for my trouble. What a joke. I think if they try to hold a trial for the others, I'll lie about my age and tell them I'm 73 so I don't have to serve.

KurtCobain
11-15-2006, 01:00 AM
The judge lost his burst, that's why the jury lost focus. Also, the court clerk failed to notify the jury through PMs telling them it was time to vote. We got PMs for everything else.

I missed 2 weeks of work, my family, several football games, and got paid $10 a day for my trouble. What a joke. I think if they try to hold a trial for the others, I'll lie about my age and tell them I'm 73 so I don't have to serve.

Eh, who needs money when you can sentence a man to death?

And yeah, the court blew it, they had a solid case.

Rain Man
11-15-2006, 01:27 AM
Next up? The people versus Carl Peterson, for crimes against humanity.

(Banging gavel.)

Bugeater
11-15-2006, 01:37 AM
Guilty!

Stinger
11-15-2006, 01:39 AM

(Banging gavel.)

Reading that list of charges could take awhile

KurtCobain
11-15-2006, 01:41 AM

(Banging gavel.)

"Carl Peterson caused global warming!"

"Global warming ran over my dog!"

chagrin
11-15-2006, 06:13 AM
Wouldn't have happened if I was on the jury, oh well.

11-15-2006, 06:31 AM
Hang'em

JimNasium
11-15-2006, 07:06 AM
Guilty.

Easy 6
11-15-2006, 07:10 AM
Guilty.

Agreed. Lets get this thing over with, i've been at the Stanley so long i'm pretty sure i have ALWAYS been there.

50 cane lashes & having his hair clipped to a buzz should teach him.

boogblaster
11-15-2006, 09:20 AM
That does it, cant hang someone, Im pissed, took me 4 hours to remember how to tie that noose.....

Redrum_69
11-15-2006, 11:48 AM
HA!! DEFENSE WINS!

Beers on me, I'll be at Shooters in Olathe tonight.