chiefsfan987
11-02-2006, 07:46 PM
Washburn on a 9-0 run.

CoMoChief
11-02-2006, 07:52 PM
How many points does JR Giddens have?

ChiefaRoo
11-02-2006, 08:00 PM
Did you guys see this pic of Ari Chi3fs at the Bradley game last March?
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m13/buyingguy/bradleydefeatsku.jpg

Brock
11-02-2006, 08:06 PM

Yeah, it's been pretty tough to take after all of those final fours. Something tells me you wouldn't know that kind of disappointment.

ChiefaRoo
11-02-2006, 08:07 PM
Yeah, it's been pretty tough to take after all of our self important boasting and then not going to final fours.
Fixed your post.

All those final fours and the only win was by Larry Brown whose asst. is now WSU's coach. KU is the Buffalo Bills of the NCAA tournament.

CoMoChief
11-02-2006, 08:09 PM
As ugly she is, she would probably rank in the top 5 hottest Chiefs cheerleaders.

noa
11-02-2006, 08:10 PM
As ugly she is, she would probably rank in the top 5 hottest Chiefs cheerleaders.

She looks like she's at least 30 years old and has a drinking problem

Brock
11-02-2006, 08:12 PM
All those final fours and the only win was by Larry Brown whose asst. is now WSU's coach. KU is the Buffalo Bills of the NCAA tournament.

Oh, okay. WSU Fan, little guy with big inferiority complex. You definitely wouldn't understand what success really is.

ChiefaRoo
11-02-2006, 08:13 PM
Oh, okay. WSU Fan, little guy with big inferiority complex. You definitely wouldn't understand what success really is.

Weak

Brock
11-02-2006, 08:14 PM
Weak

Gosh, that's harsh.

ChiefaRoo
11-02-2006, 08:14 PM
Gosh, that's harsh.

I'm a nice guy :)

CoMoChief
11-02-2006, 08:15 PM
Fixed your post.

Nobody said it was easy to win it all. There are 64 teams in the field, and only one Champion. I see a KU championship coming sooner than later though.

ChiefaRoo
11-02-2006, 08:17 PM
Nobody said it was easy to win it all. There are 64 teams in the field, and only one Champion. I see a KU championship coming sooner than later though.

I hope a Kansas school wins it. I'm just rooting for WSU first.

chiefsfan987
11-02-2006, 08:19 PM
It sounds like KU is struggling to get any more separation.

teedubya
11-02-2006, 08:19 PM
i was listening to talk radio today, and they said that KU's 2 NCAA championships is tied for 6th all-time, and their 6 Final Fours are tied for 5th overall, all-time.

Its tough to win it all, no doubt. But KU has so many Big 6,7,8,12 Championships, and Tourney Championships, its ridiculous.

When you get in the 64, anything goes... rarely does the best team win it all.

Coach
11-02-2006, 08:42 PM
What KU and KSU needs to do is to get WSU on their schedule.

Saulbadguy
11-02-2006, 08:46 PM
WSU is a possibility, as long as WSU gets by New Mexico and K-State gets by U$C.

ChiefaRoo
11-02-2006, 08:50 PM

I agree. As long as the series is fair to WSU. I would propose a 3 year renewable contract with both schools. Home and home with each school with every other year being in KC and then in the new Arena in Downtown Wichita (which will seat 16k to 18k). It would rock and it would be good for all of KS basketball and would draw huge interest and generate money.

KU and K-State already play twice so WSU could play both KU and KSU in the OOC schedule each year. It's so hard for WSU to schedule we've got Kennesaw friggin State coming in this year. I love college basketball and I go to every game but I'm going to have a hard time getting up for that one.

Skip Towne
11-02-2006, 08:51 PM
KU has 73 Tourney wins. (5th in the nation) Does anybody know how many WSU has?

ChiefaRoo
11-02-2006, 08:51 PM
WSU is a possibility, as long as WSU gets by New Mexico and K-State gets by U$C.

I'll be in Vegas Saul. Hopefully our teams will meet.

lightsout04
11-02-2006, 08:52 PM
KU is going to be dangerous this year. KSU has been looking good also.

CoMoChief
11-02-2006, 08:53 PM
Whats the score now?

teedubya
11-02-2006, 08:54 PM
This team looks pretty damn good. #3 in the nation... Probably a #1 or #2 seed in tourney...

We have some nice depth. We could on a long long winning streak with this team.

teedubya
11-02-2006, 08:54 PM
83-56

ChiefaRoo
11-02-2006, 09:20 PM
KU has 73 Tourney wins. (5th in the nation) Does anybody know how many WSU has?

I can't find it. If you have a link post it. I did find this.

http://blogs.cjonline.com/index.php?entry=840

Ceej
11-02-2006, 09:23 PM
Our big man depth isn't that great, obviously with Giles and Kaun out indefinitely.

We're going to be fast..but, we know that every year.

I'm also very glad Arthur chose KU.

Skip Towne
11-02-2006, 09:25 PM
I agree. As long as the series is fair to WSU. I would propose a 3 year renewable contract with both schools. Home and home with each school with every other year being in KC and then in the new Arena in Downtown Wichita (which will seat 16k to 18k). It would rock and it would be good for all of KS basketball and would draw huge interest and generate money.

KU and K-State already play twice so WSU could play both KU and KSU in the OOC schedule each year. It's so hard for WSU to schedule we've got Kennesaw friggin State coming in this year. I love college basketball and I go to every game but I'm going to have a hard time getting up for that one.
I'm sure WSU would love to have a scenario like you describe. So would every other sub-standard program in the nation. Unfortunately for WSU those deals have to be earned. They are not awarded to teams that come up with a decent team once every 20 years. After "The Battle of New Orleans", KU agreed to a yearly meeting and KU stomped WSU repeatedly to the embarrssment of both schools. As soon as Turgeon leaves (probably sooner rather than later) WSU is right back in the tank and everybody knows it. Don't expect KU to give WSU any more breaks anytime soon. Been there, done that. You may have to look up some of this stuff sonny boy as I suspect you are 22 years old.

ChiefaRoo
11-02-2006, 09:36 PM
I'm sure WSU would love to have a scenario like you describe. So would every other sub-standard program in the nation. Unfortunately for WSU those deals have to be earned. They are not awarded to teams that come up with a decent team once every 20 years. After "The Battle of New Orleans", KU agreed to a yearly meeting and KU stomped WSU repeatedly to the embarrssment of both schools. As soon as Turgeon leaves (probably sooner rather than later) WSU is right back in the tank and everybody knows it. Don't expect KU to give WSU any more breaks anytime soon. Been there, done that. You may have to look up some of this stuff sonny boy as I suspect you are 22 years old.

Skip, believe it or not I am going to agree with you on something. WSU did not hold up its end of the deal after beating KU in 81. In fact Warren Armstrong and a host of others let the basketball program go down the tubes and it was a travesty for KS basketball and for Wichitans who love their sports. That being said you can't compare what is going on at WSU now and what happened then. Here are some of the facts. WSU committed to rebuilding its program in 1998-99 and aggressively committed tens of millions of dollars into rebuilding the arena, marketing the team, hiring Mark, paying him (starting this year) as a top 20 coach. Hiring Spinelli from Nebraska for recruiting and bringing WSU back to being in the national spotlight. Last year wasn't a fluke and it's not an abberation. Turgeon isn't going anywhere except possibly KU in the future. WSU backers and U Pres. on down are all committed to high caliber basketball in Wichita. I just moved back to Wichita last year after living away for the better part of a decade and this town has changed for the better. The city leaders, U leaders and business leaders all are thinking progressively on how to make Wichita a better city for quality of life and WSU plays an key part in that plan. The days of WSU being up and down are over. Even if Turg. leaves the budgets and commitments are there for the next coach to keep the program at a high level. All three state schools playing each other makes financial sense and beats the heck out of playing Washburn and Emporia State or shelling out bucks for a buyout game with Chicago State.

PS - for the third time I'm going to tell you i'm 31. Put your glasses on you old okie.

Skip Towne
11-02-2006, 09:52 PM
Skip, believe it or not I am going to agree with you on something. WSU did not hold up its end of the deal after beating KU in 81. In fact Warren Armstrong and a host of others let the basketball program go down the tubes and it was a travesty for KS basketball and for Wichitans who love their sports. That being said you can't compare what is going on at WSU now and what happened then. Here are some of the facts. WSU committed to rebuilding its program in 1998-99 and aggressively committed tens of millions of dollars into rebuilding the arena, marketing the team, hiring Mark, paying him (starting this year) as a top 20 coach. Hiring Spinelli from Nebraska for recruiting and bringing WSU back to being in the national spotlight. Last year wasn't a fluke and it's not an abberation. Turgeon isn't going anywhere except possibly KU in the future. WSU backers and U Pres. on down are all committed to high caliber basketball in Wichita. I just moved back to Wichita last year after living away for the better part of a decade and this town has changed for the better. The city leaders, U leaders and business leaders all are thinking progressively on how to make Wichita a better city for quality of life and WSU plays an key part in that plan. The days of WSU being up and down are over. Even if Turg. leaves the budgets and commitments are there for the next coach to keep the program at a high level. All three state schools playing each other makes financial sense and beats the heck out of playing Washburn and Emporia State or shelling out bucks for a buyout game with Chicago State.

PS - for the third time I'm going to tell you i'm 31. Put your glasses on you old okie.
I didn't read all of that rambling post. WSU isn't in the same league with KU and until they are (maybe 15 years of continued success since KU has been doing it for 50+) we don't need any great plans by you for the two to meet. Excuse me for not knowing your age. I rarely read your posts.

ChiefaRoo
11-02-2006, 09:53 PM
I didn't read all of that rambling post. WSU isn't in the same league with KU and until they are (maybe 15 years of continued success since KU has been doing it for 50+) we don't need any great plans by you for the two to meet. Excuse me for not knowing your age. I rarely read your posts.

My god, I was right the first time. You are a moron in addition to being a dumb arse okie with a swollen prostate.

PS - My post wasn't rambling is was succinct, to the point and well punctuated.

ChiefaRoo
11-02-2006, 09:54 PM

We'll see what happens this year. I guess last year KU wasn't in Bradley's league.

One more thing. KU hasn't been doing it for 50+ years. It's an old storied program but for that matter so is WSU. Remember, the Ted Owens era sucked as Jack Hartman and Mizzou regularly slapped KU around. KU didn't get back to national recognition until Larry Brown rebuilt the program.

Skip Towne
11-02-2006, 10:03 PM
We'll see what happens this year. I guess last year KU wasn't in Bradley's league.

One more thing. KU hasn't been doing it for 50+ years. It's an old storied program but for that matter so is WSU. Remember, the Ted Owens era sucked as Jack Hartman and Mizzou regularly slapped KU around. KU didn't get back to national recognition until Larry Brown rebuilt the program.
Again you are full of shit. KU won the National Championship in 1952. Go away little fella. Get in our league or s-t-f-u. And Hartman had exactly one more win agains KU than he had losses. Hardly getting slapped around. You have a lot to learn.

ChiefaRoo
11-02-2006, 10:08 PM
Again you are full of shit. KU won the National Championship in 1952. Go away little fella. Get in our league or s-t-f-u. And Hartman had exactly one more win agains KU than he had losses. Hardly getting slapped around. You have a lot to learn.

Woooo , 1952 BFD. WSU was in the final four in the 1960's.

Hartman got beat later after Brown came in. I haven't seen the records but I bet he smacked Ted Owens around a lot. Larry Brown owned KSU so the records evened out. Put the record up Skip, lets see it.

1952, was that before or after your first divorce?

Skip Towne
11-02-2006, 10:24 PM
Woooo , 1952 BFD. WSU was in the final four in the 1960's.

Hartman got beat later after Brown came in. I haven't seen the records but I bet he smacked Ted Owens around a lot. Larry Brown owned KSU so the records evened out. Put the record up Skip, lets see it.

1952, was that before or after your first divorce?
The sure sign you are losing the argument is when you start trying to make it personal. I am 61 years old and have been married once. For what that is worth. You are an ignorant little prick. You insist Turgeon isn't going anywhere yet he was seen by multiple news sources in Norman during their vacancy last year. He'll be out of WSU in short order as soon as somebody of consequence will hire him. All of the major schools have more money than WSU. Get your head out of your ass. WSU isn't even considered a "steppingstone school". Tulsa, OTOH, has produced Tubby Smith, Nolan Richardson, and Bill Self. All very successful Division 1 coaches. Let me know when WSU catches up with Tulsa. Then we can talk about KU.

Dunit35
11-02-2006, 10:26 PM

There goes my season. I always thought she was hot on t.v. until you had to show a close up of her.

chiefsfan987
11-02-2006, 10:35 PM
IF WSU is so bent on playing the hawks and wildcats every year they should push to get out of the Missouri Valley Conference and join the Big XII. That is all.

Skip Towne
11-02-2006, 10:36 PM
There goes my season. I always thought she was hot on t.v. until you had to show a close up of her.
KU has at least 5 basketball cheerleaders who can do back flips . And they do it regularly. I've never seen any other (girl) cheerleaders do that for any team. I suspect they are the ugly ones as they never show their faces.

ChiefaRoo
11-02-2006, 10:45 PM
The sure sign you are losing the argument is when you start trying to make it personal. I am 61 years old and have been married once. For what that is worth. You are an ignorant little prick. You insist Turgeon isn't going anywhere yet he was seen by multiple news sources in Norman during their vacancy last year. He'll be out of WSU in short order as soon as somebody of consequence will hire him. All of the major schools have more money than WSU. Get your head out of your ass. WSU isn't even considered a "steppingstone school". Tulsa, OTOH, has produced Tubby Smith, Nolan Richardson, and Bill Self. All very successful Division 1 coaches. Let me know when WSU catches up with Tulsa. Then we can talk about KU.

Tulsa + wet dream < WSU

Turgeon turned OU down cold skippy. Now go brush your tooth and go to bed you've got to get up early to sodomize some farm animals. Fuggin Okie.

ChiefaRoo
11-02-2006, 10:47 PM
IF WSU is so bent on playing the hawks and wildcats every year they should push to get out of the Missouri Valley Conference and join the Big XII. That is all.

Not ever gonna happen. WSU has no football and even if they did Kansas and KSU and board of regents from NE KS would NEVER let WSU play their reindeer games. WSU if fine in the Valley. The Valley is very good.

ChiefsFire
11-02-2006, 10:51 PM
Tulsa + wet dream < WSU

Turgeon turned OU down cold skippy. Now go brush your tooth and go to bed you've got to get up early to sodomize some farm animals. Fuggin Okie.
why ya gotta resort to name calling and personal attacks there??

youre making your team look bad....

Skip Towne
11-02-2006, 10:54 PM
Tulsa + wet dream < WSU

Hahahahahahaha. More personal attacks. You are a looser for certain. Have you any idea why Turgeon would drive all the way to Norman to "turn them down cold"? You are a total moron if you believe that. The story down here is that OU told him not to bother but he showed up anyway.

ChiefaRoo
11-02-2006, 10:58 PM
why ya gotta resort to name calling and personal attacks there??

youre making your team look bad....

Well, cause it's skip.

Seriously, your right. Here's what I'll do. I won't slap skip around anymore if he'll acknowledge my teams success and will quit putting down my hometown. I know I'm relentlessly hard on him. I just can't help it. I mean, it's not my fault that my words are carried on the wings of avenging angels directly upside skips head. :)

Dunit35
11-02-2006, 10:59 PM
Has anybody ever bought this all access video streaming of the KU games before? I'm living in Oklahoma now and they won't show there games. It's $7 a month for it...is it worth it?

ChiefaRoo
11-02-2006, 10:59 PM
Hahahahahahaha. More personal attacks. You are a looser for certain. Have you any idea why Turgeon would drive all the way to Norman to "turn them down cold"? You are a total moron if you believe that. The story down here is that OU told him not to bother but he showed up anyway.

WRONG. That's just OU spin. The facts are two WSU coaches bounced OU off their list after OU offered them the job. OUCH.

Oh and by the way it's spelled loser.

Do you start with the sheep or the dog in the morning? Just curious.

Skip Towne
11-02-2006, 11:09 PM
WRONG.

It's spelled loser.

Do you start with the sheep or the dog in the morning? Just curious.
Every time you open your mouth you prove what we all suspected. You haven't been aound the Planet very long now have you n00b? You need to check with Titus about the correct Chiefs Planet spelling of looser. And furthermore, before you start correcting members who have 40X as many posts as you and 5X more time here than you possibly it would be a good idea to know what you are talking about? Ya think?

Brock
11-02-2006, 11:12 PM
Turgeon isn't going anywhere except possibly KU in the future.

I'm sure you'd like to believe that, but if the right job comes along, he'll split town just like Eddie Fogler did. And if WSU has another year like they did last year, it's going to be sooner rather than later.

ChiefaRoo
11-02-2006, 11:18 PM
I'm sure you'd like to believe that, but if the right job comes along, he'll split town just like Eddie Fogler did. And if WSU has another year like they did last year, it's going to be sooner rather than later.

WRONG

Brock
11-02-2006, 11:18 PM
Hey Skip it wasn't really necessary for you to send me your pic.

That was a mistake.

Brock
11-02-2006, 11:19 PM
WRONG

Wow, what an amazing argument. You've probably convinced everybody. Perhaps not.

Dunit35
11-02-2006, 11:22 PM

Probably shouldn't have done that.

ChiefaRoo
11-02-2006, 11:23 PM
Wow, what an amazing argument. You've probably convinced everybody. Perhaps not.

I'm not trying to convince you Brock because I'm telling you. I know what I'm talking about. You can believe it or not.

Skip Towne
11-02-2006, 11:25 PM

Hahahahahaha. Your'e totally out of material aren't you? You are a lovable looser though. Come back when you have something to share. Hahahahahahaha!

Brock
11-02-2006, 11:25 PM
I'm not trying to convince you Brock because I'm telling you. I know what I'm talking about. You can believe it or not.

Oh, you're telling me. Well, that settles it. Except you're being completely naive about it, and you DON'T know what you're talking about.

Skip Towne
11-02-2006, 11:26 PM
Duh.......I'll take NOT.

Brock
11-02-2006, 11:29 PM
Duh.......I'll take NOT.

Heh, this is funny. I figure I'd better get my arguing with this fool finished before a mod sees the cock picture this guy posted and blows his ass up.

Skip Towne
11-02-2006, 11:34 PM
Are you really that f*cking stupid that you think this board should take you seriously. After I , and others, have beaten your sorry ass into the turf? You haven't answered any of my assertions that WSU can't measure up to Big XII standards except once every 20 years. Hell, WSU can't measure up to Tulsa. Get a team for more than a year or two and then we'll talk. I'll be about 80 by then and you can call me an old f*cker or something. Your smack needs some work, sonny boy.

ChiefaRoo
11-02-2006, 11:36 PM
Are you really that f*cking stupid that you think this board should take you seriously. After I , and others, have beaten your sorry ass into the turf? You haven't answered any of my assertions that WSU can't measure up to Big XII standards except once every 20 years. Hell, WSU can't measure up to Tulsa. Get a team for more than a year or two and then we'll talk. I'll be about 80 by then and you can call me an old f*cker or something. Your smack needs some work, sonny boy.

Skip your like a retarded child wobbling unsteadily before me. It's so easy to go upside your head verbally that you should just turn your computer off and walk away.

ChiefaRoo
11-02-2006, 11:36 PM
Heh, this is funny. I figure I'd better get my arguing with this fool finished before a mod sees the cock picture this guy posted and blows his ass up.

There's no nudity in this pic. It is gross though.

Skip Towne
11-02-2006, 11:44 PM
Skip your like a retarded child wobbling unsteadily before me. It's so easy to go upside your head verbally that you should just turn your computer off and walk away.
You are totally hilarious. I beat you into submission and I should walk away. You say that as you lie in a pool of your own blood. You got nothin' punk. Go argue with Illinois State or some other peer of yours.

Skip Towne
11-02-2006, 11:54 PM
Oh, hey, you pathetic little pos, you never did reveal why KU regurgitated your little phony ass after only a semester or two. Was it academics or did you just miss your mommy and have to go home?

ChiefaRoo
11-02-2006, 11:59 PM
You are totally hilarious. I beat you into submission and I should walk away. You say that as you lie in a pool of your own blood. You got nothin' punk. Go argue with Illinois State or some other peer of yours.

Good one. I thought you were going to tell me about another secret planet rule that peer was really spelled "pier" and I'm a n00b for not knowing it. Go to bed old man.

I'm done with you skip. Your starting to bore me.

chiefsfan987
11-03-2006, 01:45 AM
Has anybody ever bought this all access video streaming of the KU games before? I'm living in Oklahoma now and they won't show there games. It's $7 a month for it...is it worth it?

I've never done it for the simple fact that KU has so many nationally televised games. The games that aren't I just listen to online on free streaming feeds. 17 of the 31 regular season games this year are going to be on tv courtesy of ESPN, ESPN2, ABC, and CBS. The Big XII tournament will be on ESPN as well except for the first round.

Anyong Bluth
11-03-2006, 04:40 AM
actually I think you pretty much have a good chance of seeing all but 6 of the KU games if youre in the Midwest, and probably 20 of the 31, otherwise. KU is loaded and has always had a great national schedule, but this year will get even more than usual.

Skip Towne
11-03-2006, 06:05 AM
Good one. I thought you were going to tell me about another secret planet rule that peer was really spelled "pier" and I'm a n00b for not knowing it. Go to bed old man.

I'm done with you skip. Your starting to bore me.
Stay in your class you punk bitch. You're a perfect match for WSU.

Saulbadguy
11-03-2006, 06:24 AM
This should be entertaining throughout the season.

Braincase
11-03-2006, 06:54 AM
PS - My post wasn't rambling is was succinct, to the point and well punctuated.

Is your last name "Essex"?

ROFL

Skip Towne
11-03-2006, 06:57 AM
Is your last name "Essex"?

ROFL
:LOL: Someone will have to explain that to the stupid n00b.

ImuMamalukabubuday
11-03-2006, 09:58 AM

For the love of God do yourself a favor and quit posting jibberish. WSU went to the NCAA tournament last year for the first time since 1988. You can't have ONE good year and try to tell KU fans that your school is BACK. 1 tourney appearance in 18 years does not a program make, my knowledge-impaired friend. Turgeon is a good coach, but he won't last 3 more years at WSU if your team DOES, in fact, keep winning games. WSU is nothing more than a middle-of-the-road stepping stone of a program that will propel the coach to a bigger and better job. But the program itself will return to mediocrity before you can string 3 NCAA Tourney appearances together. You have had one good stretch of basketball from '51 to '64 under Ralph Miller (your winningest coach, and someone you've probably never even heard of), but even he knew that WSU was nothing more than a stepping stone and accepted a position at the University of Iowa. Since he left, WSU hasn't won more than a handful of NCAA Tournament games. I commend your boys for winning 2 games in the tourney last year, but it's laughable to try to put down KU's historic program by bringing up 2 recent tournament appearances. Look at the entire resume, son...Kansas is one of the most storied programs in the history of college sports, and that doesn't change with 2 dissapointing post seasons. Nor does your school's boring resume change with ONE good season in the past 40 some years.

Saulbadguy
11-03-2006, 10:11 AM
I don't think Turgeon will leave for a bigger job. He wouldn't leave for OKLAHOMA (unlimited resources). The only place I could see him going to is KU - and IMO, that is not definite.

Mr. Laz
11-03-2006, 10:25 AM
nudity = ban?

ImuMamalukabubuday
I don't think Turgeon will leave for a bigger job. He wouldn't leave for OKLAHOMA (unlimited resources). The only place I could see him going to is KU - and IMO, that is not definite.

He was never even offered the Oklahoma job. I don't see how this keeps getting brought up. People speculated that he was on Oklahoma's list, but he never was offered a position. A big name program will come with an offer IF (and that's a big IF) WSU keeps winning. It won't take too many offers from high profile programs before Turgeon realizes that WSU is his own personal stepping stone to the next level programs. A KSU fan, today, should understand this better than anyone Saul.

Brock

The OU job wasn't desireable to a lot of coaches for several reasons. WSU is a stepping stone job. If WSU repeats the success they had last season, somebody is going to come with an offer only a fool would refuse.

hawkchief
11-03-2006, 10:27 AM

Always fun to watch WSU and KSU fans attempt to be like their big brother. Sorry guys, pick a fight where your arms aren't tied behind you back.

Skip Towne
11-03-2006, 10:36 AM
Knowledge impaired - Hahahahahahahaha

CoMoChief
11-03-2006, 11:00 AM
Tulsa + wet dream < WSU

You're a fugging dumbass.

ImuMamalukabubuday
11-03-2006, 11:11 AM
Since the '80 - '81 season, Tulsa has made 13 appearances in the Big Dance. How does Wichita State compare Chiefaroo? If it helps, you can reread one of my previous posts for help...I don't mind.

WilliamTheIrish
11-03-2006, 11:14 AM

It's "Your and idiot". Get with the lexicon, Mister.

CoMoChief
11-03-2006, 11:20 AM
It's "Your and idiot". Get with the lexicon, Mister.

You can kiss my ass I'm not even gonna deal with you. I dont think I was talking about you anyways. Whenever you lose an argument and then lash out personal slams, it's a very classless and immature thing to do.

WilliamTheIrish
11-03-2006, 11:23 AM
You can kiss my ass I'm not even gonna deal with you. I dont think I was talking about you anyways. Whenever you lose an argument and then lash out personal slams, it's a very classless and immature thing to do.

LMAO.

Use the sarcasm, Luke.

Brock
11-03-2006, 11:24 AM
LMAO.

Use the sarcasm, Luke.

Hey you stupid ****er, his name ISN'T LUKE!!

Saulbadguy
11-03-2006, 11:26 AM
Did someone say...classless?

I'm all in.

WilliamTheIrish
11-03-2006, 11:41 AM
Hey you stupid ****er, his name ISN'T LUKE!!

If I wasn't so stupid and classness, I'd have caught that.

ChiefaRoo
11-03-2006, 11:49 AM
He was never even offered the Oklahoma job. I don't see how this keeps getting brought up. People speculated that he was on Oklahoma's list, but he never was offered a position. A big name program will come with an offer IF (and that's a big IF) WSU keeps winning. It won't take too many offers from high profile programs before Turgeon realizes that WSU is his own personal stepping stone to the next level programs. A KSU fan, today, should understand this better than anyone Saul.
Saul has taken the time to educate himself on this subject. You have no idea what your talking about. Nice website by the way. I suggest you get some propecia for that balding head.

WSU is the next Gonzaga and Turg. isn't going anywhere unless it's to KU when and if Self is run off.

ChiefaRoo
11-03-2006, 12:02 PM

I'm not going to go back 25 years for info. I will tell you this last time WSU and Tulsa played which was two seasons ago in Tulsa. WSU won. Alvin "Pooh" Richardson who played for Tulsa is now on WSU's bench and is a key recruiter in Okie land. Scott Spinelli who was at Nebraskie is now WSU's newest recruiter and helped WSU to land Gal Mekel who will be as good as any guard in the B12.

Last year the Valley had a higher RPI than the B12 and Bradley spanked KU's overrated booty in the first round of the tourney. By the way WSU took two of three from Bradley including one on Bradley's home court.

The big schools did come calling and WSU doubled Turg's salary and he's now paid as a top 20 coach which he deserves. His relatives have moved to Wichita. He's not going anywhere.

Educate yourself.

ImuMamalukabubuday
11-03-2006, 12:04 PM
Saul has taken the time to educate himself on this subject. You have no idea what your talking about. Nice website by the way. I suggest you get some propecia for that balding head.

WSU is the next Gonzaga and Turg. isn't going anywhere unless it's to KU when and if Self is run off.

OK...If he was offered, I'm sure you'd be able to find it referenced somewhere. Give me a link. No link exists because he wasn't offered. This thread is really starting to get repetitive...I ask you for evidence of something...you provide nothing and spout off about something else.

It's funny how you get constantly get put in your place, have nothing to say in defense, so you try to get personal. It just shows how naive and self-conscious you truly are.

PS You might want to upgrade your monitor or your spectacles...I have a full head of hair.

Brock
11-03-2006, 12:11 PM
Saul has taken the time to educate himself on this subject.

yeah, right. Both you and Saul are the only one who have personally read Turgeon's contract and know for a fact that there aren't any escape clauses in it should the job he really wants comes along. I'm sure that when someone wants to make him a multi millionaire and famous on a national level with the likes of Roy Williams and so forth, he'll choose to stay in the asscrack of the united states out of loyalty.

ChiefaRoo
11-03-2006, 12:13 PM
OK...If he was offered, I'm sure you'd be able to find it referenced somewhere. Give me a link. No link exists because he wasn't offered. This thread is really starting to get repetitive...I ask you for evidence of something...you provide nothing and spout off about something else.

It's funny how you get constantly get put in your place, have nothing to say in defense, so you try to get personal. It just shows how naive and self-conscious you truly are.

PS You might want to upgrade your monitor or your spectacles...I have a full head of hair.

It's not in the papers because schools don't release failure to the press. Don't you know anything about deal making and the politics involved in hires of this nature? Of course OU denied making an offer but I know for a fact they did and I'll leave it at that.

Now if you want to know about a OU hire that went bad there's a lot of press about how OU hired Gene Stephenson WSU's baseball coach but they couldn't cover it up after he changed his mind and stayed at Wichita.

I looked at the pic again and because your so goofy looking I won't post it but I've got to tell you dude either you have a full head of hair and a pumpkin head or your balding.

ChiefaRoo
11-03-2006, 12:17 PM
yeah, right. Both you and Saul are the only one who have personally read Turgeon's contract and know for a fact that there aren't any escape clauses in it should the job he really wants comes along. I'm sure that when someone wants to make him a multi millionaire and famous on a national level with the likes of Roy Williams and so forth, he'll choose to stay in the asscrack of the united states out of loyalty.

His contract has a modest buyout but he's making close to $1M with salary and endorsements. His base is right around $750K. Multi-millions? Hell KU doesn't even pay the toupee multi millions.

No contract is bullet proof but to say he's leaving for Oregon, some dreg school in the Big12 is a joke.

Brock
11-03-2006, 12:19 PM
His contract has a modest buyout but he's making close to $1M with salary and endorsements. His base is right around $750K. Multi-millions? Hell KU doesn't even pay the toupee multi millions.

The toupee hasn't taken a mid-major nothing school to the Sweet Sixteen. In fact, he hasn't take KU anywhere yet.

ImuMamalukabubuday
11-03-2006, 12:20 PM
I'm not going to go back 25 years for info. I will tell you this last time WSU and Tulsa played which was two seasons ago in Tulsa. WSU won. Alvin "Pooh" Richardson who played for Tulsa is now on WSU's bench and is a key recruiter in Okie land. Scott Spinelli who was at Nebraskie is now WSU's newest recruiter and helped WSU to land Gal Mekel who will be as good as any guard in the B12.

Last year the Valley had a higher RPI than the B12 and Bradley spanked KU's overrated booty in the first round of the tourney. By the way WSU took two of three from Bradley including one on Bradley's home court.

The big schools did come calling and WSU doubled Turg's salary and he's now paid as a top 20 coach which he deserves. His relatives have moved to Wichita. He's not going anywhere.

Educate yourself.

Educate myself, huh?

Gal Mekel will be as good as any guard in the Big XII? Your Israeli point guard is going to be as good as Chalmers, Robinson, or Sheron Collins? Those are 3 guards that Mekel couldn't touch...and they all play for 1 team in the Big XII. I seriously hope you said this in jest...because if not, you have sunk to a new low. Mekel was a good player in Israel, but I'm afraid you are sadly mistaken if you think he could even compete for playing time on most Big XII rosters.

Turgeon's relatives will gladly pick up and move when a real basketball program OFFERS him better money and better resources. If he ever truly wants to make a name for himself as a top tier coach, he will leave WSU. He better go while his stock is peaking, because WSU has never made a long run at success in it's entire history.

ChiefsFire
11-03-2006, 12:23 PM

you make a reasonable reply to a post and then you blow it all to hell by cracking on his hair.....you my friend keep shooting yourself in the foot...

Skip Towne
11-03-2006, 12:25 PM
You still haven't explained what Turgeon was doing in Norman during the OU vacancy. Coaches who "aren't going anywhere" don't usually visit with other schools, on their campus, during a coaching vacancy.

ChiefaRoo
11-03-2006, 12:27 PM
Educate myself, huh?

Gal Mekel will be as good as any guard in the Big XII? Your Israeli point guard is going to be as good as Chalmers, Robinson, or Sheron Collins? Those are 3 guards that Mekel couldn't touch...and they all play for 1 team in the Big XII. I seriously hope you said this in jest...because if not, you have sunk to a new low. Mekel was a good player in Israel, but I'm afraid you are sadly mistaken if you think he could even compete for playing time on most Big XII rosters.

Turgeon's relatives will gladly pick up and move when a real basketball program OFFERS him better money and better resources. If he ever truly wants to make a name for himself as a top tier coach, he will leave WSU. He better go while his stock is peaking, because WSU has never made a long run at success in it's entire history.

I don't know much about Collins but I have seen Chalmers and Robinson play. Neither of them can hit the three with regularity as was demonstrated against Bradley in the tournament last year and Mekel has a very sweet three stroke and he can go to the hoop at 6'-3" 196lbs. I watched Chalmers get the ball taken from him three straight times just bringing it up court against Arizona last year. KU's guards can't shoot the three ball and since Hinrich left very few have been able to shoot it. They're great athletically. Maybe they should go out for track.

ChiefaRoo
11-03-2006, 12:29 PM
you make a reasonable reply to a post and then you blow it all to hell by cracking on his hair.....you my friend keep shooting yourself in the foot...

Just defending myself CF

ImuMamalukabubuday
11-03-2006, 12:33 PM
It's not in the papers because schools don't release failure to the press. Don't you know anything about deal making and the politics involved in hires of this nature? Of course OU denied making an offer but I know for a fact they did and I'll leave it at that.

Now if you want to know about a OU hire that went bad there's a lot of press about how OU hired Gene Stephenson WSU's baseball coach but they couldn't cover it up after he changed his mind and stayed at Wichita.

I looked at the pic again and because your so goofy looking I won't post it but I've got to tell you dude either you have a full head of hair and a pumpkin head or your balding.

Nice try...The press has ways of finding out when programs make coaches an offer. Everyone knew UNC offered Roy when he turned them down the first time. Offers are made public all of the time. The fact is, you can't even find speculation that Turgeon was offered the Oklahoma job. If a program places a call to a coach to set up an interview, it doesn't mean they've offered.

And if you want to post my picture, feel free. It's readily available on the internet. Having some no-talent a$$ clown telling me that I'm "goofy looking" is one thing that certainly doesn't bother me. Luckily, I'm not into guys and/or critiquing their looks.

ChiefaRoo
11-03-2006, 12:34 PM
Educate myself, huh?

You keep talking like KU has elite players at every position. Why don't you just award them the national title trophy now? I'll bet you $1,000 they don't win the National Title this year. If they're so good how come they can't win in the tourament against the mid-major schools you keep dumping on? One year is a fluke but two years in a row? How come they got blown out at Texas last year and then completely collapsed against Mizzou down the stretch in Columbia last year?

The best big man on the court last year against Bradley was Patrick O'Bryant. You remember him he's in the NBA now. Where are CJ Giles and Sasha Kaun?

Saulbadguy
11-03-2006, 12:41 PM
You still haven't explained what Turgeon was doing in Norman during the OU vacancy. Coaches who "aren't going anywhere" don't usually visit with other schools, on their campus, during a coaching vacancy.
I thought for sure Turgeon was going to OU - but I bet looming NCAA investigations scared him off. Either that, or he was just using it for leverage for a raise at WSU.

ChiefaRoo
11-03-2006, 12:42 PM
I thought for sure Turgeon was going to OU - but I bet looming NCAA investigations scared him off. Either that, or he was just using it for leverage for a raise at WSU.

Leverage and the fact he wants to coach at KU someday IMO.

Anyong Bluth
11-03-2006, 12:45 PM
Can somone jump on wikipedia and link this under "Slap fight"

ImuMamalukabubuday
You keep talking like KU has elite players at every position. Why don't you just award them the national title trophy now. I'll bet you $1,000 they don't win the National Title this year. If they're so good how come they can't win in the tourament against the mid-major schools you keep dumping on? One year is a fluke but two years in a row? How come they got blown out at Texas last year and then completely collapsed against Mizzou down the stretch in Columbia last year?

The best big man on the court last year against Bradley was Patrick O'Bryant. You remember him he's in the NBA now. Where are CJ Giles and Sasha Kaun?

They got blown out at Texas, in what was supposed to be a rebuilding year...then turned around and beat them for the Big XII Championship. In a rebuilding year, they won the regular season title and the Big XII tournament.

As for elite players, if you don't think they have elite talent at each position, you need to look again. Chalmers, Robinson, Collins, Rush, Wright, and Darrell Arthur are all considered elite players. O'Bryant for Bradley last year is also considered an elite player...congrats for finally posting something of merit.

ChiefaRoo
Nice try...The press has ways of finding out when programs make coaches an offer. Everyone knew UNC offered Roy when he turned them down the first time. Offers are made public all of the time. The fact is, you can't even find speculation that Turgeon was offered the Oklahoma job. If a program places a call to a coach to set up an interview, it doesn't mean they've offered.

And if you want to post my picture, feel free. It's readily available on the internet. Having some no-talent a$$ clown telling me that I'm "goofy looking" is one thing that certainly doesn't bother me. Luckily, I'm not into guys and/or critiquing their looks.

So I've got Skip telling me he was in Norman and I've got you telling me he was never offered all in the same thread. Who exactly are the arse clowns?

Skip Towne
11-03-2006, 12:47 PM
So he drives to Norman, uninvited, to turn them down cold. To gain leverage. Yeah, that happens a lot.

ChiefaRoo
11-03-2006, 12:49 PM
They got blown out at Texas, in what was supposed to be a rebuilding year...then turned around and beat them for the Big XII Championship. In a rebuilding year, they won the regular season title and the Big XII tournament.

As for elite players, if you don't think they have elite talent at each position, you need to look again. Chalmers, Robinson, Collins, Rush, Wright, and Darrell Arthur are all considered elite players. O'Bryant for Bradley last year is also considered an elite player...congrats for finally posting something of merit.

I thought KU just reloaded and never rebuilt. How can you rebuild with all-americans all over the place? Sounds like a big f***ing cop out to me. How many Mickey D's all-americans were on last years fiasco?

Ok, now that KU is done "rebuilding" why don't you take my bet. I'll be you $1,000 USD that KU won't win the National Title. Want to put your hard earned money where your rose colored glasses are?

Skip Towne
11-03-2006, 12:51 PM
I thought KU just reloaded and never rebuilt. Sounds like a cop out to me. How many Mickey D's all-americans were on last years fiasco?

Ok, now that KU is done re-loading why don't you take my bet. I'll be you $1,000 USD that KU won't win the National Title. Want to put your hard earned money where your rose colored glasses are?

ChiefaRoo
11-03-2006, 12:52 PM
So he drives to Norman, uninvited, to turn them down cold. To gain leverage. Yeah, that happens a lot.

Yeah that's what he did. He drove down uninvited. WOW

ChiTown
11-03-2006, 12:54 PM

Trust me, he wants that KU job like no other. The OU deal was absolutely used as leverage. He had no real interest in that job, and the hair that surrounds OU bball.

ImuMamalukabubuday
11-03-2006, 12:55 PM
So I've got Skip telling me he was in Norman and I've got you telling me he was never offered all in the same thread. Who exactly are the arse clowns?

What part of "visiting" and "offer" don't you understand? You do realize that they interview coaches, ON CAMPUS typically, long before they make an offer. Him being on campus, which I still haven't seen any linked reference to anywhere but here, certainly doesn't mean he was offered anything.

Saulbadguy
11-03-2006, 12:56 PM
What part of "visiting" and "offer" don't you understand? You do realize that they interview coaches, ON CAMPUS typically, long before they make an offer. Him being on campus, which I still haven't seen any linked reference to anywhere but here, certainly doesn't mean he was offered anything.
Who the hell cares if he was offered the job or not? He's a good coach.

ChiefaRoo
11-03-2006, 12:58 PM

I agree and he's WSU's coach and WSU is a Top 20 program. So all you haters can eat it.

ImuMamalukabubuday
11-03-2006, 01:01 PM
I thought KU just reloaded and never rebuilt. How can you rebuild with all-americans all over the place? Sounds like a big f***ing cop out to me. How many Mickey D's all-americans were on last years fiasco?

Ok, now that KU is done "rebuilding" why don't you take my bet. I'll be you $1,000 USD that KU won't win the National Title. Want to put your hard earned money where your rose colored glasses are?

They didn't have a major contributor on last year's squad that was older than a Sophomore. Most of the talent was in the freshman class last year. They were one of the best YOUNG teams in the country last year. Typically, youth doesn't fare well in March. Going into last year's season all of the national pundits had KU listed as loaded with YOUNG talent...no one expected them to make a serious run last year. As for your bet, you'd have to give me Vegas odds for me to consider it. I used to run a book for years, and I'm not about to give you even money on something that is most likely closer to 12:1. Do you have $12,000 to put up against my $1000?

ImuMamalukabubuday
11-03-2006, 01:07 PM

I wouldn't disagree that he's a great coach...unfortunately, the argument with Chiefaroo is that he was OFFERED and turned everyone down because WSU is becoming a powerhouse. I'm not arguing whether or not he's a great coach...He has KU in his blood...I'm a fan.

Lzen
11-03-2006, 01:08 PM
Oh and by the way it's spelled loser.

...Seriously, your right...

Inspector
11-03-2006, 02:00 PM
Didn't they move Printers to the practice squad to make room for Washburn?

Lzen
11-03-2006, 03:21 PM
Didn't they move Printers to the practice squad to make room for Washburn?

http://www.washburn.com/images/wb-blacklogo.gif

teedubya
11-03-2006, 03:58 PM
For the love of God do yourself a favor and quit posting jibberish. WSU went to the NCAA tournament last year for the first time since 1988. You can't have ONE good year and try to tell KU fans that your school is BACK. 1 tourney appearance in 18 years does not a program make, my knowledge-impaired friend.

ChiefiePoo reminds me of Kellen Winslow Jr. Im a soljah! I played 7 games and I have more receptions than everyone! I am the best TE in all the land! WSU is teh Roxx!!

ChiefaRoo
11-03-2006, 04:08 PM
ChiefiePoo reminds me of Kellen Winslow Jr. Im a soljah! I played 7 games and I have more receptions than everyone! I am the best TE in all the land! WSU is teh Roxx!!

Ari your back. I posted your pic earlier. Hey you should PM me. When you ran screaming from that house on Halloween you dropped your purse.
Ari at the Bradley game

Skip Towne
11-03-2006, 06:08 PM
The toupee hasn't taken a mid-major nothing school to the Sweet Sixteen. In fact, he hasn't take KU anywhere yet.
Actually, Self took Tulsa to the Elite 8 in 1999.