PDA

View Full Version : CHIEFS FAN FESTIVUS IV (Derrick Johnson Foundation)

morphius
11-02-2006, 09:37 PM
CHIEFS FAN FESTIVUS IV
A fundraiser for the Derrick Johnson Foundation
Saturday Night November 18th @ Arrowhead in the Pavilion at 7pm CT

1. All you can eat Bar-B-Que bonanza.
Smoked meats:
Buffalo ribs
Beef brisket
Pork Shoulder
Chicken
Turkey

Sides:
Cheesy Corn
Smoked Baked Beans
Rolls
Potato Salad
Etouffee

There will be a cash bar available.

2. Big Wigs/VIP's in attendance are- Danni Boatright Survivor Winnerand host of ESPN's Fantasy show every Thurs. @ 6:30est on ESPN2, Bill Grigsby and maybe Bill Kenney. Who knows who else will drop by during the evening?
3. A raffle for a one of a kind Quilt. We have taken old T-Shirts, Jerseys and had them signed by the players and then had the T-Shirts and Jerseys made into a quilt.
4. A Free Fantabulous Tailgate the next morning before a Raider butt whopping in a specially designated area in between the K and Arrowhead in parking lot M. For the tailgate, we will have in addition to anything left from the Chiefs Fan Festivus:
Two pots of chili
Etouffee
Clam Chowder
Beer, beer, beer
We will have a smoker on site, so if you want to throw some brats or something on the grill feel free to bring them along! Map to the tailgate:
http://www.kcchiefs.com/mm/images/dropc/kc_chiefs_parking_web.jpg
5. Silent Auction that goes live on event night w/ amazing items that can be yours like
·A round of golf with Derrick Johnson. It is for 2 people so you will be getting an 18 hole round for yourself PLUS one other person. This is at one of the most prestigious golf courses in Kansas City at the Nicklaus Golf Club at Lions Gate
·A round of golf with Boomer Grisgby. It is for 4 people so you will be getting one of the 3 spots in a foursome with Boomer. This is at one of the most prestigious golf courses in Kansas City at the Nicklaus Golf Club at Lions Gate. The event will be held next spring; the winning bidders will have 2 weeks notice of the time/date of the event.
·A trip for two (2) to Las Vegas, this includes 4 days/3 nights at the Tropicana with food and drinks PLUS $500 gambling money. It does not include airfare.
·A 15" x 20" official poster of the Super Bowl IV team framed and signed by several of the members of that team.
·One-night VIP guests pass for a luxury Jacuzzi suite at the Hampton Inn, Lee's Summit, Mo. This is about 20 minutes from Arrowhead stadium, in normal traffic. Retail on this item is $135.
·Marcus Allen signed football helmet with a XL 1993 Marcus Allen jersey.
·A beautiful, brand- new, white leather Chiefs jacket with black and red plus all the arrowheads, etc. Size = XL
We have signatures/multiple signatures on helmets, jerseys, footballs etc from Larry Johnson, Tamba Hali, Jared Allen, Herm Edwards and tons of other players.
<LI class=MsoNormal style="BACKGROUND: #cfcfcf; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; COLOR: black; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo8; tab-stops: list .5in">All this for $40, ladies and gentlemen it's a bargain at any price, it's THE Chief fans social event of the Season. CHIEFS FAN FESTIVUS IV DON’T MISS OUT!
Go here and get your festivus ticket now:
http://www.chiefscoalition.com/ChiefsFanFestivusIV_000.htm (http://www.chiefscoalition.com/ChiefsFanFestivusIV_000.htm)
or if you want to bid on an auction item go here:
http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=50703&hl=auction

BigRedChief
11-02-2006, 09:45 PM
The fundraiser at the Pavillion is not a Chiefs Coalition event but a Chiefs Fan event. Next year we hope that all Chiefs fan sites are involved in the planning and participate. We would like to see this evolve into a mini Red Friday event.

If you guys here on the Planet don't want to go to the Chiefs Fan Festivus but would like to bid on some Chiefs memorbilia to help out the DJ foundation (100% of all winning bids go straight to DJ's foundation) send me a smoke and I'll take your bids via PM or over the phone at the Pavillion.

We will finalize the auction list in the next couple of days and I'll post it here.

morphius
11-02-2006, 09:53 PM
The fundraiser at the Pavillion is not a Chiefs Coalition event but a Chiefs Fan event. Next year we hope that all Chiefs fan sites are involved in the planning and participate. We would like to see this evolve into a mini Red Friday event.

If you guys don't want to go to the Chiefs Fan Festivus but would like to bid on some Chiefs memorbilia send me a smoke and I'll take your bids via PM or over the phone at the Pavillion.

We will finalize the auction list in the next couple of days and I'll post it here.
I wasn't sure how far along you were with that effort, I'm glad it is coming along!

bushmaster
11-02-2006, 10:00 PM
thanks for allowing us to promote it here.

for the folks in previous threads wanting to spend the day with dj or boomer, this could be your opportunity.

and the danni boatwright fans, a chance to meet and greet.

all the proceeds from the auction and raffle will go to dj's king of the field foundation.

thanks again.

BigRedChief
11-02-2006, 10:37 PM
I wasn't sure how far along you were with that effort, I'm glad it is coming along!So far we have these sites committed to sharing resources for our charity work on the individual sites or banning together to raise funds.

Chiefs Planet
Warpaint Illustrated
Chiefs Waroom
Wild Bills Chiefs
KC Superfans
Chiefs Coalition
Chiefs Huddle
Chiefs Warpath

We hope that next years Chiefs Fan Festivus is a fundraiser for all the Chiefs fan websites charities.

Redrum_69
11-03-2006, 08:53 AM
Can you pay the money for the tickets that day or do you have to buy the tickets in advance?

bushmaster
11-03-2006, 09:02 AM
yes, pay at the door is $50.

bushmaster
11-03-2006, 09:07 AM
the next 15 folks that purchase a ticket will be entered into a drawing for a tamba hali jersey.

http://www.chiefscoalition.com/ChiefsFanFestivusIV_000.htm

Phobia
11-03-2006, 09:17 AM
I've been to this event the past 2 years. This will make 3 in a row. It's a good time. Everybody is friendly, the food is outstanding, and the auction is first rate. I'll bring some items for auction as well.

I hope some of you will consider coming out to support the DJ Foundation. He's one of the good ones. If you met him on the street, you'd never know he was a multi-millionare professional athlete.

Saulbadguy
11-03-2006, 10:24 AM
Will there be an aluminum pole?

bushmaster
11-03-2006, 10:48 AM
and nobody eats until after the feats of strength.

Phobia
11-03-2006, 10:56 AM
and nobody eats until after the feats of strength.

Who is gonna keep me out of the food line?

Oh, is that the demonstration you had in mind?

bushmaster
11-03-2006, 11:13 AM
big papa or murph. take your pick. that would work.

Phobia
11-03-2006, 01:07 PM
Oh, I'd run circles around those guys. At least until I got tired - and needed to eat.

BigRedChief
11-03-2006, 01:26 PM
Oh, I'd run circles around those guys. At least until I got tired - and needed to eat.
What if I was to trip a fall on ya? That would at least be a trip to the ER with cracked ribs?

But enough thread drift.....

Some of you may remember the 169th battilion based in Kansas that shot up a big sterofoam helemt during a training exercise in Iraq. It was heavily edited but it was played on the Arrowhead big screen before last years Raider game.

The 169th battilion has returned safely home and some of the battlion will be in attendance including the former Col of the battilion and the current one.

The Col came by my tailgate last year and spent some time with us. It was an honor to be meet a real hero.

burt
11-03-2006, 01:27 PM
Meh........

Phobia
11-03-2006, 06:25 PM
Dale, please try to keep this a positive thread. It's about charity. If you can't look past your personal vendettas for a worthy charity you're not a very big person. I know for a fact that you're better than that.

teedubya
11-03-2006, 08:14 PM
"Meh.... " is pretty outspoken Dale. I suggest you make your 'M' a lowercase 'm'. You dont want to offend.

:p

burt
11-04-2006, 03:00 PM
Dale, please try to keep this a positive thread. It's about charity. If you can't look past your personal vendettas for a worthy charity you're not a very big person. I know for a fact that you're better than that.

Is this a weight comment?

Actually, since it is about charity...I kept it very short...but since you mentioned it, I will change it to....meh ROFL

and as Forest Gump would say......"That's all I got to say 'bout that."

DomerNKC
11-04-2006, 07:03 PM
my brother and i wouldn't miss it for the world.

Skip Towne
11-04-2006, 07:49 PM
my brother and i wouldn't miss it for the world.
I'm not going if you guys aren't going to be there.

BigRedChief
11-04-2006, 09:55 PM
I'm not going if you guys aren't going to be there.You may not be attending but we have 117 tickets sold so far and thats not counting the comp ones for the celebrity attendees and Danni's "Bodygaurds and Entorage".LMAO This party is gonna rock and roll.

Logical
11-05-2006, 02:10 AM
So far we have these sites committed to sharing resources for our charity work on the individual sites or banning together to raise funds.

Chiefs Planet
Warpaint Illustrated
Chiefs Waroom
Wild Bills Chiefs
KC Superfans
Chiefs Coalition
Chiefs Huddle
Chiefs Warpath

We hope that next years Chiefs Fan Festivus is a fundraiser for all the Chiefs fan websites charities.

Congrats on all the cooperation.

burt
11-05-2006, 07:45 AM
the comp ones for the celebrity attendees and Danni's "Bodygaurds and Entorage".LMAO This party is gonna rock and roll.

Is that how you are going, or did you buy tickets? You would make a great Danni bodyguard.

Nzoner
11-05-2006, 08:13 AM
BRC,

Mrs Nzoner and I are hoping to attend if we can get a plan together,you see of all weekends that's the final NASCAR race and 3sistersracing.com (http://3sistersracing.com/) is having an end of the season party.

If she can't make it I may bring a client of mine and if that doesn't work you can at least count on me for a donation.

BigRedChief
11-05-2006, 08:35 AM
Congrats on all the cooperation. Everyone realizes that this is a great idea. The bigger pool of members you have to ask to contribute for your charity fundraisers the more successful they will be.

Posters usually only go to their home site anyway. No one loses posters because they share resources to raise money for charity. It's a win-win for everyone.

burt
11-05-2006, 10:45 AM
Everyone realizes that this is a great idea. The bigger pool of members you have to ask to contribute for your charity fundraisers the more successful they will be.

Posters usually only go to their home site anyway. No one loses posters because they share resources to raise money for charity. It's a win-win for everyone.

As usual, you continue to demonstrate what a quality individual you are. You, sir, are way above average.

Iowanian
11-06-2006, 08:20 PM
Coalition must have some serious connections....

Sounds like a very worthy event.

morphius
11-06-2006, 09:29 PM

Sounds like a very worthy event.
Well, they have their own writers and they seem to get a group actually together at arrowhead every game. Some things that we have seriously never been able to pull together other then once a year.

BigRedChief
11-06-2006, 11:07 PM

Sounds like a very worthy event.We have added 2 new big ticket items to the auction.........
A dinner with Kawika Mitchell and on field passes for the Raiders game. Details to follow.
Also we will be raffling a quilt off for charity. It's kind of like these ones below but now we get the players signatures on the T-Shirts/Jerseys that have their numeber before we make the quilt.
http://www.gfour.com/people/dkeller/Festivus2004/Sites-Images/48.jpg

It's about people willing to share their resources with others for the benefit of charity.

One member trades in brownie points to get a long time family friend to get her to come to the fundraiser without getting their customary $50K apperance fee. Someone talks to Tony Dipardo, another talks to Grisby, another talks to Bill Kenny etc. etc.

Another 10 people offer to go get autographs all year for the fundraiser.
Another 10 people offer to help organize everything.

Another 5-6 people offer to smoke and cook all the meat.

Another 10-15 people offer something up to the auction to help raise money for charity.

There's strength in numbers. If one site can do this on its own just think if all Chiefs fan sites were to ban together to throw big azz parties and at the same time help raise money for charity. A worthy goal that hopefully more sites and the fans on those sites will "buy" into soon.

http://www.raiders.com/uploads/graphics/perm/main/JAHLFCPPHDOC/gd-gameday-chiefs.jpg

BigRedChief
11-07-2006, 07:43 AM
What does DJ's Foundation do with the money raised?

Mission Statement
Is to provide the opportunities and resources that will enable youth to achieve both in academics and in the community.

Purpose of the Foundation:
King of the Field-The Derrick Johnson Foundation, is to provide the opportunities and resources that will enable youth to achieve both in sports and in the community. Our mission is to provide advancement resources to further the youth who are making the difference in the community. Derrick Johnson, the Butkis Award winner, four time College All-American Linebacker and the 15th overall pick in the 2005 NFL draft, is dedicated to recognizing the youth and is challenged to lend a helping hand to the community youth. At King of the Field, we guide our efforts through charity towards: improving the community, advancing the student athlete,rewarding the overachieving youth as well as delivering support to make these obstacles easier to tackle. Coming from a small city of Waco,Texas, Derrick Johnson remembers how important it is to be recognized and rewarded for community achievements both in sports and in the community.

We Will Grow & Prosper
"We" here refers to our functioning as a team. Our mission includes community growth, as we are targeted to enhance the youth of the community. Programs will be implemented that will give the youth an opportunity to advance their lives.

Building Long Term Relationships
Important relations in the community will enhance the opportunity for youth to tackle the challenges in the lives. Important relationships include those with each other, our stakeholders and corporate donors as well as meeting the needs of the community youth and families. We also look at ways to revitalize relationships between the foundation and the community, by continuing to be a helping hand.
Based on top Quality Service

We will deliver more value than the community expects and we are passionate about the friendly way we provide service. To see a youth advance or to see a family get that extra push needed to tackle the challenges of life is the goal of King of the Field foundation.

High Ethical Standards

Derrick Johnson prides himself on being a role model and a community activist. This foundation is aimed to drive the youth to succeed in their everyday lives.

Programs Offered

University of Grid Iron
The"University of Grid Iron" is designed to provide at-risk children of all skill levels an opportunity to increase their football skills by learning from the pros who live it. The University will provide at-risk children with their own camp T-shirt and football, as well as instruction from football celebrities from the collegiate and professional ranks. Character and morals will be developed in these children that can help them become the "Role model" student athlete.

Adopt A Team
The "Adopt a Team" program provides football uniforms to football teams focusing on at-risk children in Texas and Kansas City metropolis areas. Utilizing corporate sponsors to aid in the event of providing better athletic equipment for these inner-city area schools and pop Warner leagues.

Scholarships
The scholarship program is designed to give partial scholarships to deserving students that are meeting the standards of being both the student and the community leadership standards. These scholarships are given to students as they are referred to the program, through an application process.

Foundation Events

Events are schedule to raise money for for the specified charities offered through King of the Field-the Derrick Johnson Foundation.
D.J's Big Hit Gala
The Star studded event, in which the pro-athlete stars along with other entertainers come out to aid in raising money for the scholarship program. Banquet style event with live entertainment and an auction of pro athlete memorabilia. A true Black Tie Event, which show cases the students in which they are rewarded and some given particial scholarships.

D.J's Celebrity Golf Classic

The star studded event that invites celebrities to golf with the public businesses and patrons of the community. Held annually and geared to raise money for the foundation causes.
D.J's Celebrity Basketball Tournament

A celebrity basketball event tournament that will host a long list of celebrities. All proceeds go to the charities selected by the foundation.

D.J's Comedy Jam

A comedy concert used to raise money for charity causes. The comedians will be brought from the comedy network. An event focused for adults over 18 and the proceeds will go to the foundation's charity.
Game Face

A video game tournament, that allows the community to come out and join D.J. in which he enjoys most, Playing Madden and NCAA football games. Test your skills with other Pro-Athletes in a tournament style event, that raises money for the Foundation's causes.

Partners of King of the Field- The Derrick Johnson Foundation
Nike
Select Sports Group
Captrust Financial Advisors
UHY Mann Frankfort & Lipp
Texas Exes Foundation

teedubya
11-07-2006, 03:44 PM
This event sounds cool... I may see about going.

bushmaster
11-07-2006, 04:43 PM
we've sold 118 tickets. it's gonna be a heckuva time.

morphius
11-08-2006, 09:58 AM
This will be my first time in the Pavilion, have to say that I'm getting pretty excited about the whole thing.

sedated
11-08-2006, 11:23 PM
This will be my first time in the Pavilion, have to say that I'm getting pretty excited about the whole thing.

you're getting hard too?

luv
11-09-2006, 01:38 AM
you're getting hard too?
Dude, rub one out and go to bed.

Bob Dole
11-10-2006, 01:25 AM
Bob Dole wishes he could be there. Sounds like a great time for a good cause.

BigRedChief
11-10-2006, 03:53 PM
Bob Dole wishes he could be there. Sounds like a great time for a good cause.
We have confirmed that we will have 2 Chiefs Cheerleaders at the Festivus to help out as spotters during the auction. They will also be bringing 100 signed Cheerleader posters with them to give to all the attendees.
The cheerleaders who will be there are Lauren and Liz
http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/cheerleaders/97_dsc_0471.jpg
http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/cheerleaders/86_dscf1430.jpg

bushmaster
11-10-2006, 07:56 PM
we found out that bill grigsby will be unable to attend.

bushmaster
11-13-2006, 01:37 PM
we've added a new auction item.

A 2 hour Limo service gift certificate in the new 10 passenger Chrysler 300 stretch limo.

Here is the info on the car and company. http://www.extremelimokc.com/vehicles/chrysler.html

All costs are paid including gas and drivers tip.

This is over a $700 value.

The Beautiful Chrysler 300

Our ten passenger Chrysler 300 Stretch Limousine is equipped with leather seating, fiber optic mood lighting, CD/DVD player, and satellite radio. To further entertain it also has 2 flat screen TV’S, Lighting dish, walnut bars with champagne flutes, and a privacy partition.

BigRedChief
11-13-2006, 11:29 PM
Live Auction Items

Chiefs pennant signed by Trent Green

2 signed mini-helmets
*Ted McKnight, Dustin Colquitt and Fred Arbanas
*Ted McKnight, Curtis McClinton, Dustin Colquitt

Trent Green signed ball cap

Shoeless Joe Jackson framed rookie card with article, etc Appraised at $250 – 8 years ago.

Painting of Joe Delaney by the famous First Down Elvis. He’ll be on hand to autograph the piece and take photos with the highest bidder.

A 2-hour Limo service gift certificate in the new 10 passenger Chrysler 300 stretch limo.

Here is the info on the car and company.
http://www.extremelimokc.com/vehicles/chrysler.html (http://www.extremelimokc.com/vehicles/chrysler.html)
All costs are paid including gas and drivers tip. This is over a $700 value.
The Beautiful Chrysler 300 Our ten passenger Chrysler 300 Stretch Limousine is equipped with leather seating, fiber optic mood lighting, CD/DVD player, and satellite radio. To further entertain it also has 2 flat screen TV’S, Lighting dish, walnut bars with champagne flutes, and a privacy partition.

This is a round of golf with the man himself, it is for a foursome so you will be getting a round for yourself PLUS one other person. This is one of the most prestigious golf courses in Kansas City. Round of Golf with Derrick Johnson at the Nicklaus Golf Club at Lions Gate. Join Derrick Johnson and Michael Scheuerman (BossKiller) for 18 holes of golf at an exclusive private golf club, Nicklaus Golf Club at Lions Gate! Located in beautiful Overland Park Kansas. This must be coordinated with at least 2 weeks advance notice to Mr. Derrick Johnson and the date chosen must be mutually agreed upon. Please contact Mr. Michael Scheuerman, Move the Chains Inc, at (800) 259-3197 to coordinate a date.
Proudly donated by Derrick Johnson and Move The Chains Inc.

Reebok XL brand- new, white leather Chiefs jacket with black and red plus all the arrowheads

A Wilson white-paneled football signed by most of the Chiefs

An authentic Iraqi bayonet brought back, from Iraq, by one of our most esteemed Coalition members.

A 15" x 20" official poster of the Super Bowl IV Team, framed and signed by several of the members of that team.

A mini helmet signed by Larry Johnson, this comes with a picture of LJ signing the helmet.

A trip for two (2) to Las Vegas, this includes 4 days/3 nights at the Tropicana with food and drinks PLUS $500 gambling money. It does not include airfare.

BigRedChief
11-13-2006, 11:34 PM
Silent Auction Items:

Kansas City Chiefs reserved parking signs

5 signed mini helmets
*Dustin Colquitt and Boomer Grigsby
*Lawrence Tynes
*Pollard
*Ed Budde
*Casey Wiegmann

Magnetic “arrowhead” signs for your car

Legends bottle of Ed Budde wine (not recommended for consumption), 20 years old, label in great shape. Gridiron Cuvee’ finely crafted California red table wine. Back has info on Ed Budde.

Signed, laminated Tony G rookie card.

Chiefs chef's apron

Pennant signed by Coluqitt, Aguiar, Goodburn, Corneluis, Boomer, Svitek, Ed Budde

Erick Hicks signed ball cap

Chiefs drinking glasses

Homemade apple butter

Chiefs golf towel

Marcus Allen signed mini helmet and an old school 1993 Marcusa Allen jersey size XL.

Authentic LJ jersey (3x)

Chiefs coasters

Seasonedchef.com gift baskets donated by Chefdaddy

Chief Chief
11-14-2006, 08:29 AM
I'm saving up my one hundred dollar bills for that apple butter!

BigRedChief
11-15-2006, 08:01 AM
Our little party gets some publicity

A familiar videotape will roll Saturday night at an annual gathering of diehard Kansas City Chiefs fans, or rather, diehard Raider Haters. They'll see a large Raiders helmet -- made out of Styrofoam -- get blown to smithereens in the Iraq desert last year by the 169th Corps Support Battalion, a Kansas Army National Guard unit.
Operation Raider Hater was a success.
"They blasted the hell out of that helmet," said Chiefs fan/Raider hater Mike Eberle, 48, of Cambridge, Neb. "They'll be at our (Saturday night) Festivus, and they'll play the video over and over and get people pumped up."
Pumped up for Sunday's visit to Arrowhead Stadium by the Raiders, who've endured last-minute losses there each of the past three seasons.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/16016771.htm

Chief Chief
11-15-2006, 11:05 AM
I've already signed up and paid for this party. Where and when do I get my tickets??

BigRedChief
11-15-2006, 11:10 AM
I've already signed up and paid for this party. Where and when do I get my tickets??
There are no tickets. There is a list of names at the front door.

BigRedChief
11-16-2006, 09:27 AM
We just had a member donate a keg of beer for the tailgate on Sunday. :clap: Thats not a misprint.

Free Beer on Sunday at the tailgate!

Scaga
11-16-2006, 10:46 AM
We just had a member donate a keg of beer

Free Beer on Sunday at the tailgate!

That cool...
With this group, you do realize that "A" keg will last about 30 minutes? Right?

BigRedChief
11-16-2006, 03:14 PM
Programming Note:
Yours truly will be on the telly between 7:00am and 8:00am on the Channel 9 news this Saturday morning discussing the Festivus.

chief husker
11-16-2006, 07:26 PM
So Big Red, what's the deal Sunday for the slow who don't read threads? How do I find you Sunday?

BigRedChief
11-16-2006, 09:20 PM
So Big Red, what's the deal Sunday for the slow who don't read threads? How do I find you Sunday?My tailgate is closed this week because I'm going to the big tent tailgate and meet a bunch of first timers to Arrowhead and out of towners.I'll be in Lot M. Big Tent with a boatload of people around it. Not too far from where you came to my tailgate last year. In between the stadiums. PM me if you want a cell #
http://www.kcchiefs.com/mm/images/dropc/kc_chiefs_parking_web.jpg

Psyko Tek
11-17-2006, 10:37 PM
Hokay i just bought tickets for this, iam coming into town for my first ever Arrowhead experience,
no where is the Pavillion at?

BigRedChief
11-17-2006, 11:36 PM
Hokay i just bought tickets for this, iam coming into town for my first ever Arrowhead experience,
no where is the Pavillion at?
UHHHH. At Arrowhead. Next door to Arrowhead. Big huge building. Can't miss it.

BTW, I just came from the house where Uncle Fester has set up his smoker. It takes up most of the frigging driveway. It has hydralics in it so you can open the doors to take care of the meat. 3 inch thick steel all around.

If you never have had buffalo ribs like me you are in for a treat. They are huge with lots of meat on them. 190 lbs are getting smoked tonight. His sauce OMG. Can't wait to taste the final product.

Phobia
11-17-2006, 11:58 PM
Where is the smoker setup? I'd like to see that one time.

BigRedChief
11-18-2006, 09:42 AM
Where is the smoker setup? I'd like to see that one time.
I think about 2 blocks from your house.

Skip Towne
11-18-2006, 08:23 PM
UHHHH. At Arrowhead. Next door to Arrowhead. Big huge building. Can't miss it.

BTW, I just came from the house where Uncle Fester has set up his smoker. It takes up most of the frigging driveway. It has hydralics in it so you can open the doors to take care of the meat. 3 inch thick steel all around.

If you never have had buffalo ribs like me you are in for a treat. They are huge with lots of meat on them. 190 lbs are getting smoked tonight. His sauce OMG. Can't wait to taste the final product.
Buffalo ribs. Mmmmmmmm!

morphius
11-18-2006, 11:24 PM
That was a pretty damn good time, would really be cool if ChiefsPlanet could pull together that many members at one time.

Everyone was very cool.

Thanks again BigRedChief.

Hammock Parties
11-19-2006, 12:16 AM
Kickass event. My videos were a big hit. One dude told me they gave him goosebumps.

Phil threw a coaster across the room. Met morphius and the great Nick Athan.

kcxiv
11-19-2006, 01:30 AM
Seems like it would be a fun event. Maybe one year i will get out there.

kcxiv
11-19-2006, 01:30 AM
That was a pretty damn good time, would really be cool if ChiefsPlanet could pull together that many members at one time.

Everyone was very cool.

how many people were there?

BigRedChief
11-20-2006, 12:22 PM
how many people were there?
150 or so.
Total raised so far is over $5,000 and counting for the DJ foundation.
We had representives from all the Chiefs BB's there. Talked with GoChiefs, Morphius, Nick Athan and Phobia for quite awhile. A lot of fun getting to meet people you only know from a BB name.

Hopefully next year it will be a true Chiefs Fan Festivus with all boards involved in the planning and we get over 350 Chief fans to the next one.

Chief Chief
11-20-2006, 01:32 PM
Does anyone know of a way for me to contact Dawn? I need to pass on some important information to her. Thanks!

BigRedChief
11-20-2006, 11:02 PM
Kickass event. My videos were a big hit. One dude told me they gave him goosebumps.
A lot of people in that room on Saturday have a very high opinion of your highlight reels. I'm glad we didn't put on the Chiefs dvd or their pre fabed highlights. At times your work is as good as anything that NFL films puts out and your one of us. A "Real" fan.

Phobia
11-20-2006, 11:18 PM
You should have said a "reel" fan.

BigRedChief
11-21-2006, 09:07 AM

Everyone was very cool.

I wanted to thank the good folks on the Planet for donating $200.00 to the Derrick Johnson Foundation. Great Job guys.