PDA

View Full Version : Nearly a hair-raising bet for Chiefs runner

Mr. Laz
11-03-2006, 10:11 AM
Nearly a hair-raising bet for Chiefs runner

JEFFREY FLANAGAN
The Kansas City Star

Previous columns
You don’t know how close you were to seeing Larry Johnson of the Chiefs in an orange Mohawk.

As part of a new gaming show on MTV called “Settle the Score,” LJ played a game of “Madden 2007” against the Bengals’ Chad Johnson last week on the Internet (Xbox Live).

As the game progressed, Chad and Larry increased their wagers for each other from autographed footballs and memorabilia to their actual motorcycles and then finally to this: If Chad won, Larry would have to create a mini-Mohawk on his head and dye it Bengals orange; if Larry won, Chad would have to dye his blond Mohawk a Chiefs red.

LJ was in trouble late in the game, trailing 23-21 with 1 minute, 27 seconds left and the ball on his 20. But LJ methodically drove his team down to the 8 and delivered the game-winning field goal with 3 seconds left.

LJ 24, CJ 23.

Chad honored his wager by immediately dying his Mohawk red, though he subsequently shaved it altogether after losing a bet last Sunday to the Falcons’ DeAngelo Hall.

LJ also apparently will be getting Chad’s motorcycle, which was to be shipped from Cincinnati to Kansas City.

If you want to see Chad and Larry do battle, the premier of “Settle the Score” will be on MTV on Nov. 13 at 7 p.m.

Talking trash

Browns tight end Kellen Winslow evidently believes he’s the best tight end in football, better than Antonio Gates and better than Tony Gonzalez.

Winslow and the Browns face San Diego and Gates this Sunday.

“I want to be the best tight end out there,” Winslow told the Akron Beacon Journal. “Tony (Gonzalez) is right behind me. Gates is right behind me.”

Winslow isn’t claiming to be the best statistically.

“The best overall,” he said. “I said I was the best. I am the best.”

Scary

OK, so I didn’t want to spoil the surprise, but here’s your CBS announcing team for Sunday’s Chiefs-Rams game: Don Criqui and Steve Beuerlein.

Who can forget Criqui’s infamous performance many years ago when he spent an entire Cardinals-Chiefs game confusing Cardinals quarterback Dave Krieg with Chiefs quarterback Steve Bono, as well as having Rob Moore lining up as a Chiefs receiver?

StcChief
11-03-2006, 10:48 AM
CJ Owned....should have had to play and sign autographs with RED mohawk and explain why it's RED.

Redrum_69
11-03-2006, 10:50 AM
REPOST

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=151106

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=151230

Hootie
11-03-2006, 10:52 AM
too bad that dumb richer shaved his head...