PDA

View Full Version : WTF!!!!

CosmicPal
11-03-2006, 02:17 PM
I just googled one of my email addresses, and it had a link that led directly to an email in my Inbox!

That can't be right!

...anyone ever heard of this?

KurtCobain
11-03-2006, 02:20 PM
was it gmail?

CosmicPal
11-03-2006, 02:24 PM
was it gmail?

Nope...just a regular email address, and upon further search results, there is over a thousand.

I've emailed Google and asked them to remove this search result immediately.

Saulbadguy
11-03-2006, 02:25 PM
Uh...have you logged in that email inbox recently?

Hootie
11-03-2006, 02:27 PM
what's your email address?

Dartgod
11-03-2006, 02:27 PM
What is the address in question? :D

11-03-2006, 02:30 PM
Cool..thanks..I just googled my email address and came up with nothing..at least I'm safe..good luck!!

|Zach|
11-03-2006, 02:30 PM
Do you use google desktop?

KurtCobain
11-03-2006, 02:33 PM
Nope...just a regular email address, and upon further search results, there is over a thousand.

I've emailed Google and asked them to remove this search result immediately.

That's not right man. I googled mine and didn't get anything.

StcChief
11-03-2006, 02:35 PM
I use goggledesktop. Tried all my emails nada....
Yahoo. work, gmail , chiefsplanet NOTHING came up.

KC-TBB
11-03-2006, 02:39 PM
U MUST HAVE PISSED OFF THE GOOGLE DEBIL! :fire:

CosmicPal
11-03-2006, 02:42 PM
Well, I just got off a live chat with the provider of the email.

It appears only when I'm logged into the email. When I wasn't logged into the email, it then showed the login screen.

However, the chat tech said he couldn't see the links in his Google search- the ones that led directly to my Inbox.

He could see all the other links that were associated with the email address, but for some reason- he couldn't see the link that when clicked on- would go to my Inbox when I was signed in.

That's weird...

Halfcan
11-03-2006, 02:46 PM
wow its almost like that movie Butterfly Effect.

CosmicPal
11-03-2006, 02:48 PM
1. What made you search for it in the first place.

I did an article view on my website. It tells me from what source peeps view my webpages from: for instance, Chiefsplanet.com is one. I noticed a few peeps Googled one of my email addresses to find the website. So, I checked it out myself.

2. What's the big deal. Someone would have to know your email address anyway to search for it.

The big deal? I suppose you'd be all right with the rest of the world having access to your Inbox? Tons of peeps know my email address or can at least find them- particularly when I'm on a widely popular BB such as this.

DMAC
11-03-2006, 02:50 PM
I already realized my dumbassery, you don't have to make it worse. :harumph:

ct
11-03-2006, 02:51 PM
Well, I just got off a live chat with the provider of the email.

It appears only when I'm logged into the email. When I wasn't logged into the email, it then showed the login screen.

However, the chat tech said he couldn't see the links in his Google search- the ones that led directly to my Inbox.

He could see all the other links that were associated with the email address, but for some reason- he couldn't see the link that when clicked on- would go to my Inbox when I was signed in.

That's weird...

cookies man, it's the devil

BigRedChief
11-03-2006, 02:57 PM
you want to be afraid? very afraid? do a quick search on googles code search and look at all the site code that you can see. All the comments and hidden stuff you were not suppose to see is out there.
http://www.google.com/codesearch

Dartgod
11-03-2006, 03:17 PM
you want to be afraid? very afraid? do a quick search on googles code search and look at all the site code that you can see. All the comments and hidden stuff you were not suppose to see is out there.
http://www.google.com/codesearchHehe. Searching thast for the word "****" returned some interesting results...

// we should use innerHTML here, but IE6's implementation ****s up the
// HTML to such extent that our poor Perl parser doesn't understand it
($backend && $backend->isa("Acme::Scurvy::Whoreson::BilgeRat::Backend::$params{language}")) || die("For ****'s sake, the ****ing backend's ****ed");