PDA

View Full Version : My lazy azzed brother

Over-Head
11-04-2006, 05:52 AM
Actually did something other than be a drag on society.
He wrote a fuggen book :eek:

http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?catalogid=16860

Their'll be no living with his ego now :shake:

11-04-2006, 05:59 AM
Damn, $24.95 for a softcover? That's a little high.
I guess if he is getting a decent percentage though....

Fairplay
11-04-2006, 06:29 AM
Have you read this yet Overhead?

Also if you have what is your unbiased as possible opinion of this book?

JohnnyV13
11-04-2006, 05:52 PM
Uh,

Publish America is well known within the writing community as a VERY bad subsidy publisher. Usually you end up paying them more than you make for one of their books. Unless your brother has good marketing skills, its very unlikely this endeavor will make much money.

Usually the production quality of these books are bad. Often, retail stores simply will not carry a book put out by Publish America, no matter what the subject.

People who succeed with Publish America are usually people who are lecture circuit guru's who can self-market their book at their own seminars.

Over-Head
11-05-2006, 07:19 AM
Have you read this yet Overhead?

Also if you have what is your unbiased as possible opinion of this book?
The last thing I ever had ANYTHING to do with my brother was Oct 7th, 2000, when in a fit of rage he descided to try putting a knife to my throat and scream at me how "he was over the fu**ing edge"

read his book? Not likely I won't even speak to the fool, let alone line his pockets. The only reason I found out was my grandmother told me when I called her friday night and she was so glad he "finally" got a "job".
At 42 I figured it was time the boy tried working for a living.

Simplex3
11-05-2006, 08:26 AM
My mom's cousin is an author, too. If by "author" you mean "hacked out some POS which was never edited and then paid someone a fortune to print a few copies which will never sell."

OldTownChief
11-05-2006, 08:50 AM
Interesting, but I'll wait for some reviews to come out before I'd spend the money.

Skip Towne
11-05-2006, 09:11 AM
The last thing I ever had ANYTHING to do with my brother was Oct 7th, 2000, when in a fit of rage he descided to try putting a knife to my throat and scream at me how "he was over the fu**ing edge"

read his book? Not likely I won't even speak to the fool, let alone line his pockets. The only reason I found out was my grandmother told me when I called her friday night and she was so glad he "finally" got a "job".
At 42 I figured it was time the boy tried working for a living.
Your brother sounds like GoChiefs except for the knife part.

11-05-2006, 09:13 AM
Your brother sounds like GoChiefs except for the knife part.
No.

You forgot..GoChiefs isn't 42 either.. ;)