PDA

View Full Version : Washburn Thrashing K-State!

KCFalcon59
11-04-2006, 08:40 PM
Washburn leads K-State 26-19 with 4 minutes to go in the half.

ChiefsFire
11-04-2006, 08:43 PM
Snuggins will pull it out

teedubya
11-04-2006, 08:44 PM
heh. that would suck up some ****ers 'round here.

KCFalcon59
11-04-2006, 08:54 PM
Washburn 33 K-State 26 at the half.

the Talking Can
11-04-2006, 09:16 PM

his flask?

big nasty kcnut
11-04-2006, 09:38 PM
KSU is winning now.

KCFalcon59
11-04-2006, 10:10 PM
Score?

Skip Towne
11-04-2006, 10:16 PM
Hahahahahahaha

ChiefaRoo
11-04-2006, 10:23 PM
score??

Imon Yourside
11-04-2006, 10:31 PM
Washburn up by 1 in double OT and 2 mins left.

UPDATE K-state took the lead for a min and Washburn comes back with a 3 to tie it with 46 seconds left. Huggins sho iz gewd.

Imon Yourside
11-04-2006, 10:38 PM
Washburn ball with 30 seconds left in double OT, The Ichabods may pull this out.

UPDATE TRIPLE OT!!! these 2 teams are evenly matched. :p

Skip Towne
11-04-2006, 10:46 PM
Hahahahahahaha Didn't KU just kick the shit out of the Ichabods?

Imon Yourside
11-04-2006, 10:48 PM
87-87 with 2:26 left in triple overtime, and yes Skip we crushed these guys WITH their best player 2 days ago by 30 points. Tonight their hanging in there without their best player.

UPDATE

not looking good for the Ichabods as their down by 1 and lost their 2nd best player to fouls.

DJJasonp
11-04-2006, 10:51 PM
hee hee hee!

KevB
11-04-2006, 10:53 PM
Hope you guys have your fun now.....

I don't seem to remember a group of KU fans discussing a KSU exhibition game the last few years....why could that be? :p

Imon Yourside
11-04-2006, 10:53 PM
20 secs left Washburn down by 3 going to the line for 2.

Skip Towne
11-04-2006, 10:55 PM

I don't seem to remember a group of KU fans discussing a KSU exhibition game the last few years....why could that be? :p
Settle down little fella. It will be OK.

DJJasonp
11-04-2006, 10:56 PM
This is exciting!!! exhibition drama at its best!

Imon Yourside
11-04-2006, 10:57 PM

yodda yodda yodda i've been hearing all summer how this is the year the Mildcats sweep the Hawks. I started listening to this game out of shear boredom but honestly it's been a good game and nevermind the fact that Washburn is Div II. Looks like K-state will survive up 4 with 10 seconds left.

Skip Towne
11-04-2006, 11:00 PM
yodda yodda yodda i've been hearing all summer how this is the year the Mildcats sweep the Hawks. I started listening to this game out of shear boredom but honestly it's been a good game and nevermind the fact that Washburn is Div II. Looks like K-state will survive up 4 with 10 seconds left.
Where's Saul? Sounds like he better get out the GRCOAT pronto!!

KevB
11-04-2006, 11:00 PM
Settle down little fella. It will be OK.

I'm not the least bit concerned. You guys are the ones in here yucking it up about a KSU exhibition game. Honestly, when has that mattered to KU fans in the last 15-20 years?

KevB
11-04-2006, 11:03 PM

Who said we're sweeping KU? I wouldn't pretend to suggest that given our recent record against KU. I have confidence we'll be good in time, but it will likely take a bit for Hugs to get the existing players to understand what he's looking for. Fine by me, patience comes easy for KSU basketball fans. Having said all that, you can mask your interest in a KSU exhibition game as boredom if you'd like, but I'd say it's very telling.

Imon Yourside
11-04-2006, 11:04 PM
The kitties pulled it out, congrats purplies. I sit here shaking in my shoes at the thought the Jayhawks will have to play this fine Thuggins lead team.

Skip Towne
11-04-2006, 11:11 PM
I'm not the least bit concerned. You guys are the ones in here yucking it up about a KSU exhibition game. Honestly, when has that mattered to KU fans in the last 15-20 years?
It doesn't matter when you beat these charity cases by 30 like you are supposed to. It's when they take you into triple OT that causes us to giggle. I haven't seen that happen in the 50+ years I've been watching. Hahahahahaha

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
11-04-2006, 11:11 PM
What was the final?

KevB
11-04-2006, 11:12 PM
I sit here shaking in my shoes at the thought the Jayhawks will have to play this fine Thuggins lead team.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.....

KevB
11-04-2006, 11:13 PM
It doesn't matter when you beat these charity cases by 30 like you are supposed to. It's when they take you into triple OT that causes us to giggle. I haven't seen that happen in the 50+ years I've been watching. Hahahahahaha

KSU struggled with Emporia St. last season....didn't stop them from beating you in Allen FH last season though, did it?

Skip Towne
11-04-2006, 11:15 PM
Who said we're sweeping KU? I wouldn't pretend to suggest that given our recent record against KU. I have confidence we'll be good in time, but it will likely take a bit for Hugs to get the existing players to understand what he's looking for. Fine by me, patience comes easy for KSU basketball fans. Having said all that, you can mask your interest in a KSU exhibition game as boredom if you'd like, but I'd say it's very telling.
So you think you are going to sweep KU huh? :p

Skip Towne
11-04-2006, 11:19 PM
KSU struggled with Emporia St. last season....didn't stop them from beating you in Allen FH last season though, did it?
I'm glad you brought that up. But I would rather talk about your record against KU in your NEW venue Bramlege. How many times have you beaten KU at YOUR place? Oh, wait, Bramlege is what...........20 years old?

KevB
11-04-2006, 11:19 PM
So you think you are going to sweep KU huh? :p

OK, fine, you got me. And not only do I think we'll sweep you....we'll beat you in the Big 12 Tourney to make it a three-fer. :thumb:

KevB
11-04-2006, 11:20 PM
But I would rather talk about your record against KU in your NEW venue Bramlege

Unfortunately, it's not that NEW anymore.

Imon Yourside
11-04-2006, 11:21 PM
OK, fine, you got me. And not only do I think we'll sweep you....we'll beat you in the Big 12 Tourney to make it a three-fer. :thumb:

Not only is that a dream but your football team will lose to the mighty Fatgino's soon as well. :p

Skip Towne
11-04-2006, 11:25 PM
Unfortunately, it's not that NEW anymore.
It was when we took over ownership of it. :p

Reaper16
11-04-2006, 11:26 PM
Washburn didn't even make it to the MIAA conference tourney last year...

Skip Towne
11-04-2006, 11:28 PM
Not only is that a dream but your football team will lose to the mighty Fatgino's soon as well. :p
I'm hoping Gigantino is smart enough to see that all the :KU: have to do is shut down the TE's and prevent Daniels from scrambling for us to win.

Imon Yourside
11-04-2006, 11:32 PM
I'm hoping Gigantino is smart enough to see that all the :KU: have to do is shut down the TE's and prevent Daniels from scrambling for us to win.

I think our Defense will be fine, it's our turnover prone QB's i'm worried about, but yeah it's right about time for the Pinkel slide and right on que.

teedubya
11-04-2006, 11:40 PM
This is great. Thank you Washburn. 3OT... if anything, it will be a wakeup call to KState.

Huggins wont stand for HeadUpAssitis from these kids.

Although, its hilarious that KSU almost lost to St. Marys School of the Blind... in the long run, it will probably make the kids work harder, thus making them better.

Skip Towne
11-04-2006, 11:43 PM
This is great. Thank you Washburn. 3OT... if anything, it will be a wakeup call to KState.

Huggins wont stand for HeadUpAssitis from these kids.

Although, its hilarious that KSU almost lost to St. Marys School of the Blind... in the long run, it will probably make the kids work harder, thus making them better.
Just you wait for the GRCOAT!!! You'll see!!!

Saulbadguy
11-05-2006, 12:34 AM
Oh HELL Yes!

DJay23
11-05-2006, 01:16 AM
Since you ****ers started beating yourselves off all over this board like KSU has done shit in anyone's recent memory.

You think KU fans bring this up because they are scared. You are wrong. We bring it up because you brought it up first, when Huggins was hired. Don't be so shocked when we throw it back in your purple little faces.

11-05-2006, 08:26 AM
Barely. ROFL

I was laughing my ass off when I turned on the radio and heard it was in the 3rd OT. :thumb:

KevB
11-05-2006, 10:08 AM
Since you ****ers started beating yourselves off all over this board like KSU has done shit in anyone's recent memory.

You think KU fans bring this up because they are scared. You are wrong. We bring it up because you brought it up first, when Huggins was hired. Don't be so shocked when we throw it back in your purple little faces.

Awfully hostile for someone who isn't concerned. I'll say it again....in years past, KU fan had no interest in anything KSU baskeball related (for good reason). Whether it was a fan spouting off on this board, an EXHIBITION game, whatever. Now, you guys are all fired up, with hostile/name-calling posts. Yeah, sounds like you don't have a care in the world.

DJay23
11-05-2006, 10:34 AM
Awfully hostile for someone who isn't concerned. I'll say it again....in years past, KU fan had no interest in anything KSU baskeball related (for good reason). Whether it was a fan spouting off on this board, an EXHIBITION game, whatever. Now, you guys are all fired up, with hostile/name-calling posts. Yeah, sounds like you don't have a care in the world.
I'm only hostile because you jackasses have been on here all summer spooging all over the place about how your basketball program is back, and then when your team blows chunks against a nobody, and you are called on the carpet about it, you turn it into, "You guys must be scared to talk about us so much." Bullshit, chico. I'm not sure exactly what we're supposed to be afraid of, other than being knifed by some Huggins recruits.

Get a clue.

irishjayhawk
11-05-2006, 10:54 AM
I'm only hostile because you jackasses have been on here all summer spooging all over the place about how your basketball program is back, and then when your team blows chunks against a nobody, and you are called on the carpet about it, you turn it into, "You guys must be scared to talk about us so much." Bullshit, chico. I'm not sure exactly what we're supposed to be afraid of, other than being knifed by some Huggins recruits.

Get a clue.
What he said.

Que Card QB
11-05-2006, 10:57 AM

Get a clue. ROFL

Lzen
11-05-2006, 11:10 AM
...you can mask your interest in a KSU exhibition game as boredom if you'd like, but I'd say it's very telling.

As a KU fan, I can honestly say that I see KSU as a threat in hoops now. Huggins is a very good coach, IMO. He also can recruit better talent than KSU has seen in a lot of years. That being said, the only reason KU fans are talking about this game is because of all the KSU fans telling us that Huggins was God. When you have that stuff shoved in your face for months and months, it tends to get annoying.

And don't kid yourself. KSU beat a very young and inexperienced KU team at Allen Fieldhouse last year. Enjoy it because that won't happen this year. Huggy may be good, but it's gonna take some time to build that program.

I can now respect their program, but I'm not scared of KSU. It will be nice, though, to eventually have a good state rivalry again.

KevB
11-05-2006, 11:50 AM

Get a clue.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe it was one/several of your angels involved in the most recent knife fight...."chico". WTF is that? I realize you think you're entertaining, but you come off as a buffoon with all the name calling. We're getting called on the carpet for....what? A game that doesn't count? Oh no, our season is ruined. Everything we believed to be true about Hugs is a sham! I'm so dejected.

KevB
11-05-2006, 11:54 AM
When you have that stuff shoved in your face for months and months, it tends to get annoying.

As opposed to the constant reach around KU has gotten for the past however many years, regardless the failures that might have occurred. Now you guys know how it feels by maybe .5%. What's different than having National Title this year "shoved in our face" when you haven't gotten out of the first round the last two years? Everyone keeps saying, "prove it Hugs"....how about Self proving he can guide KU past a patsy in the first round before we are inundated with "we're the best team in the country and a Final Four lock"?

Saulbadguy
11-05-2006, 11:57 AM
As opposed to the constant reach around KU has gotten for the past however many years, regardless the failures that might have occurred. Now you guys know how it feels by maybe .5%. What's different than having National Title this year "shoved in our face" when you haven't gotten out of the first round the last two years? Everyone keeps saying, "prove it Hugs"....how about Self proving he can guide KU past a patsy in the first round before we are inundated with "we're the best team in the country and a Final Four lock"?
And after the inevitable choke job, we get a 3 month circle jerk about the "tradition" and history of KU basketball. Fun stuff. *

*Not from Lzen though. He's cool. :)

WilliamTheIrish
11-05-2006, 06:21 PM

Get a clue.

Push your skirt down little girl. Skip might see your GrrAnimals panties and get excited.

The only fanbase that routinesly puffs their chest out on this board is your very own. So don't be surprised when you get slapped upside the head with it.

WilliamTheIrish
11-05-2006, 06:21 PM
What he said.

Reacharound for Djay.

Wash up good.

WilliamTheIrish
11-05-2006, 06:22 PM
As a KU fan, I can honestly say that I see KSU as a threat in hoops now. Huggins is a very good coach, IMO. He also can recruit better talent than KSU has seen in a lot of years. That being said, the only reason KU fans are talking about this game is because of all the KSU fans telling us that Huggins was God. When you have that stuff shoved in your face for months and months, it tends to get annoying.

And don't kid yourself. KSU beat a very young and inexperienced KU team at Allen Fieldhouse last year. Enjoy it because that won't happen this year. Huggy may be good, but it's gonna take some time to build that program.

I can now respect their program, but I'm not scared of KSU. It will be nice, though, to eventually have a good state rivalry again.

So was your father- in- law outside protesting last night?

ChiefsFanatic
11-05-2006, 06:34 PM

Didn't K-State lose to UMKC by something like 42 points. That was far worse than being taken into triple overtime by a division school, right?

teedubya
11-05-2006, 06:35 PM
ROXOR CHOX JAYHOX!!!!111

[/routinesly puffs chest out on this board]

WilliamTheIrish
11-05-2006, 06:37 PM
Didn't K-State lose to UMKC by something like 42 points. That was far worse than being taken into triple overtime by a division school, right?
Yes. In Municipal Auditorium and they were down by as much as 50 points in the game.

It was also the night Mizzou lost to Belmont.

You don't forget things like that.