PDA

View Full Version : Broncos glad to face Roethlisberger

Chiefs Pantalones
11-04-2006, 11:32 PM
Steelers | Broncos glad to face Roethlisberger
Sat, 4 Nov 2006 07:08:38 -0800

Mike Prisuta, of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, reports the Denver Broncos, particularly DE Ebenezer Ekuban, are glad to be facing Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger Week 9 and not QB Charlie Batch. "I'd rather face Ben than Charlie Batch just because of how their offense has been doing with Charlie Batch in there," Ekuban said. "Nothing against Ben - he's a Super Bowl quarterback. But you know what? The tape doesn't lie."

Smed1065
11-04-2006, 11:35 PM
I hope they run into a hornets nest like we did!

Basileus777
11-04-2006, 11:35 PM
That might be true, but it generally isn't a good idea to call out the players of your opposing team. Besides, the Steelers could say the same thing about Plummer and Cutler.

listopencil
11-04-2006, 11:38 PM
Link?

DaFace
11-04-2006, 11:40 PM
Link?

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Eleazar
11-04-2006, 11:40 PM
Link?

Looks like it was from KFFL.

The way Roethlisplummer has been coughing the ball up, I would rather be facing him too if I was a donks player.

morphius
11-04-2006, 11:43 PM
Have to wonder if that is how he felt in the AFC championship game last year...

listopencil
11-04-2006, 11:46 PM
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

If that's true then Ekuban is an idiot. You might think something like that but to say it is sheer dumbassery of the highest magnitude. The Football Gods will not be pleased. He'll probably get injured this week.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-04-2006, 11:47 PM
Struggling or not, that's a dumb thing to say.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-04-2006, 11:48 PM
He'll probably get injured this week.

Or you'll lose.:)

CHIEF4EVER
11-04-2006, 11:49 PM
Broncos glad to face Roethlisberger
I can well imagine. The way Roethlisberger has been playing lately, he'll make Plummet look like friggin Montana in comparison.

listopencil
11-04-2006, 11:50 PM
Or you'll lose.:)

I didn't want to tempt The Football Gods by using it as an excuse before the game even started. I'm going to have to go sacrifice a chicken now. Maybe build an altar to Johnny Unitas. I'll think of something.

Eleazar
11-04-2006, 11:53 PM

Their team was playing well last year at that time.

I think that Roethlisberger is a QB who can play well in a box, when the people around him are playing well, when he doesn't have to win games and can just try to take care of the ball. I don't think he's a Manning or Brady who makes the people around him better, he plays to the level of his supporting cast.

He played well in that game, but Denver turned the ball over 4 or 5 times. I can't say that I don't think Batch could have won that game. I think he probably would have too.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-04-2006, 11:57 PM
Their team was playing well last year at that time.

I think that Roethlisberger is a QB who can play well in a box, when the people around him are playing well, when he doesn't have to win games and can just try to take care of the ball. I don't think he's a Manning or Brady who makes the people around him better, he plays to the level of his supporting cast.

He played well in that game, but Denver turned the ball over 4 or 5 times. I can't say that I don't think Batch could have won that game. I think he probably would have too.

Every night I thank God for Jake Plummer and that he's QBing the Broncos.

Eleazar
11-05-2006, 12:03 AM
Every night I thank God for Jake Plummer and that he's QBing the Broncos.

You know, their offense the past few years could have really been terrifying with some other QB at the helm. They can always run the ball on almost anyone, they have one of the best all-around receivers of the past 10 or 20 years in Rod Smith, they had a home run hitter in Lelie who never panned out but suffered from poor throws a lot it seemed to me, now they have Walker in that same kind of role.

I don't know what else could have been keeping them from dropping 30 points on everyone the past few years but the fact that they have to do so much to keep him from turning the ball over.

For example, we had a prolific offense in the past 5 years. We had a great offensive line, like Denver has (maybe not to the same degree, but still). We have had pretty good running backs like they have. They have more at WR than we do. If you put Trent Green on that team, their offense is just as good as ours was.

Standing by your man is admirable, but at some point it becomes foolish. :shrug:

kcxiv
11-05-2006, 01:02 AM
I think us Chief fans would love to know how a AFC Championship game feels like . lol

StcChief
11-05-2006, 07:15 AM
Bring in Batch

boogblaster
11-05-2006, 07:21 AM
GO PITT...**** DONKS.......

morphius
11-05-2006, 09:10 AM
I think us Chief fans would love to know how a AFC Championship game feels like . lol
As I have said before, I would love to make the playoff's, but I have no urge to watch my team get abused like the Donks have the last three years in their exit strategy or the Raiders last superbowl. Just too damn embarrassing.

CupidStunt
11-05-2006, 09:11 AM
The Steelers are glad to face Plummer.

Que Card QB
11-05-2006, 09:51 AM
ROFL

Easy 6
11-05-2006, 10:15 AM
Said it many times already but i CANNOT see dinvr taking it to the champs in their house. They're depleted in some areas but they have plenty of talent to handle dinvr. Pitt will run it down their chokehole for 4 quarters and the donx wont be able to stop it, i dont see how anyone could think the donx have a better D line than us considering our DE's and pitts O line mashed us like potatoes.

They will do likewise with the rats crew.

listopencil
11-08-2006, 12:31 AM
It was Ekuban's fault that we suffered so many injuries. The Football Gods have been appeased.

listopencil
11-08-2006, 12:31 AM

Apparently not.

bronco610
11-08-2006, 02:31 AM
DEFFINITELY NOT

11-08-2006, 06:49 AM
:rolleyes: :LOL: LMAO

Dumbass!!

Kerberos
11-08-2006, 07:54 AM
If that's true then Ekuban is an idiot. You might think something like that but to say it is sheer dumbassery of the highest magnitude. The Football Gods will not be pleased. He'll probably get injured this week.

And this is different from any other week HOW?

:D

Lzen
11-08-2006, 08:19 AM
Heh, I remember hearing a Chief (Derrick Johnson?) on the radio prior to the Chiefs game at Pittsburgh. He said something about how they had been playing. And that there was a reason they were 1-4. Of course, we all know that only 1 team came to play that day. But that doesn't change the fact that the Steelers are suffering the SB hangover.

vailpass
11-08-2006, 10:59 AM
Said it many times already but i CANNOT see dinvr taking it to the champs in their house. They're depleted in some areas but they have plenty of talent to handle dinvr. Pitt will run it down their chokehole for 4 quarters and the donx wont be able to stop it, i dont see how anyone could think the donx have a better D line than us considering our DE's and pitts O line mashed us like potatoes.

They will do likewise with the rats crew.

ROFL Dude....

BIG_DADDY
11-08-2006, 11:03 AM
I don't think the Donx are nearly as good as their record. Their not going anywhere this year especially with Snake at the helm. You can always count on Jake to have a really shitty game and take them out, Even if he brought his A game I don't see thm getting out of the first round.

BIG_DADDY
11-08-2006, 11:04 AM
BTW, love that Bronco arrogance too. I am sure in coming years Big Ben will remember it.

StcChief
11-08-2006, 11:49 AM
I don't think the Donx are nearly as good as their record. Their not going anywhere this year especially with Snake at the helm. You can always count on Jake to have a really shitty game and take them out, Even if he brought his A game I don't see thm getting out of the first round.

Jake has an A game?
ROFL

listopencil
11-08-2006, 11:54 AM
BTW, love that Bronco arrogance too. I am sure in coming years Big Ben will remember it.

Looks like it's going to have to be in coming years because we just killed their playoff hopes for this year.

vailpass
11-08-2006, 12:02 PM

Jake definetely frustrates me sometimes, especially this year. Still, he has won more often and gone deeper in the playoffs (including last year's Conference Championship game) than KC QBs Green, Grbac, Gannon, and Montana combined.

From the Denver Post:
"Plummer is 35-12 with the Broncos, a .745 winning percentage that is the NFL's third best since 2003, trailing Peyton Manning of the Indianapolis Colts (43-10, .811) and Tom Brady of the New England Patriots (42-11, .792)."

morphius
11-08-2006, 12:04 PM
Jake definetely frustrates me sometimes, especially this year. Still, he has won more often and gone deeper in the playoffs (including last year's Conference Championship game) than KC QBs Green, Grbac, Gannon, and Montana combined.

From the Denver Post:
"Plummer is 35-12 with the Broncos, a .745 winning percentage that is the NFL's third best since 2003, trailing Peyton Manning of the Indianapolis Colts (43-10, .811) and Tom Brady of the New England Patriots (42-11, .792)."
Well, Gannon did make it deeper in the playoff's...

Of course lets ignore that Plummer has played like it was his first time on the field in every playoff game he has played since going to Denver.

vailpass
11-08-2006, 12:08 PM
Well, Gannon did make it deeper in the playoff's...

Of course lets ignore that Plummer has played like it was his first time on the field in every playoff game he has played since going to Denver.

Gannon did not make it any farther as a KC QB.

When the worst thing an opposing fan can say about your QB is "I don't think he plays well in the playoffs" you are in pretty good shape. It beats the hell out of having insufficient data to judge whether your QB performs well in the playoffs or not.

Eleazar
11-08-2006, 01:12 PM
What I think:

-Denver is not as good as their record
-Thandy Eggo is not as good as theirs either
-Ben Roethlisberger has always been overrated
-Don't be surprised if Philly misses the playoffs
-The Colts are the best team in the NFL right now
-Tom Brady will still get over on the Colts in the playoffs.
-The first round will feature two AFC west teams playing each other.