PDA

View Full Version : Herm= Coach of the Year Candidate ?

FloridaMan88
11-05-2006, 09:27 PM
Oh the irony of a Germ Warfare hardliner such as myself posing this question... but even I can't deny how Herm has masterfully guided this team, through the Trent Green injury and all the adversity that has been thrown at them to a 5-3 record and in the thick of the AFC playoff race.

Herm is a worthy COY candidate IMO

JBucc
11-05-2006, 09:28 PM
If it were given today, he would get it imo.

Hammock Parties
11-05-2006, 09:29 PM
Speaking of Germ Warfare, Herm only needs 18 points to force a disband.

JBucc
11-05-2006, 09:31 PM
If it were given today, he would get it imo.Also, at the end of the year I think Dungy will end up with it. If they win this game I don't see anyone beating them the rest of the year provided they don't pack it in like last year.

TinyEvel
11-05-2006, 09:32 PM
Agree that Herm is doing an awesome job. Though some of the offensive playcalling today had me screaming.
but his personnel skills/game theories are great.

but what about New Orleans' coach?

There are quite a few 1st year coaches with teams who are doing well.

Basileus777
11-05-2006, 09:39 PM
Denny Green should get it. He has entertained me more than any other coach this year.

Deberg_1990
11-05-2006, 09:41 PM
Its Sean Paytons award to lose at this point.

Halfcan
11-05-2006, 09:41 PM
Herm needs to get his team pumped up for the 3rd quarter. Whatever BS he is spreading in the locker at halftime-is not working. We have come our flat all year to start the second half.

Gaz
11-05-2006, 09:47 PM
Herm & his ÜberConservative Offense had a HUGE input in the loss at Denver.

I still hold that against him.

Perhaps until I shuffle off this mortal coil...

xoxo~
Gaz
Capable of carrying a grudge for a long, LONG time.

GoHuge
11-05-2006, 10:12 PM
Also, at the end of the year I think Dungy will end up with it. If they win this game I don't see anyone beating them the rest of the year provided they don't pack it in like last year.If you remember at the end of the year last year is when his son killed himself. I think that was a blow to the whole team. Don't think they really "packed it in." It was just a tough time they went through. Myself I'd probably also have to go with Sean Payton.

Basileus777
11-05-2006, 10:14 PM
Where is the love for Art Shell? He got that Raiders team to 2 wins, that alone is a miracle.

BigRock
11-05-2006, 10:43 PM
During a discussion on the NFL Network, they had "Herm Edwards: Coach of the Year?" written on the on-screen graphic. Oddly, I didn't hear them actually address that question while they talked about Herm, but just the fact that we're actually talking about it as a possibility is nothing short of incredible, IMO.

GO HERM

TinyEvel
11-05-2006, 11:07 PM
Herm & his ÜberConservative Offense had a HUGE input in the loss at Denver.

I still hold that against him.

Perhaps until I shuffle off this mortal coil...

xoxo~
Gaz
Capable of carrying a grudge for a long, LONG time.

Is this the first "non-poll" Gaz appearance in over two weeks?