PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Quarter > Chiefs

Gravedigger
11-05-2006, 10:13 PM
The last three weeks when we've gone into halftime with a substantial lead we've come back out and let the opposition catch back up. I don't necessarily attribute this to the defense I blame the play not to lose mentality that the coaching staff has. We don't need to be nursing leads we need to build on them. I think everyone was scared like I was when St. Louis was driving on us and if not for those three penalties we would have had a much closer game. The Rams, Seahawks, and Chargers dominated us in the 3rd Quarter and then we got our act back together and eventually won the game. I think our passing game needs to see more time. We pound the ball in the third quarter to run time off the clock when we could be passing down the field with Damon Huard, hell he's only the second most accurate QB in the NFL right now, and build instead of hold a lead.

Mecca
11-05-2006, 10:16 PM
If you look at how many times we run the ball a game in general I don't think the staff has that much faith in Huard putting it up....

cdcox
11-05-2006, 10:17 PM
We've been winning.

The thing I've noticed is that even coming out flat in the 2nd half on offense, when we've needed a big drive, we've been getting it every week. It's like Solari has a sure fire TD drive sitting in reserve. Need a TD? Go for the secret plan.

Hootie
11-05-2006, 10:20 PM
If you look at how many times we run the ball a game in general I don't think the staff has that much faith in Huard putting it up....
gaaaaaay

you are gay

Hammock Parties
11-05-2006, 10:22 PM
No one said it was gonna be easy.

cdcox
11-05-2006, 10:22 PM
gaaaaaay

you are gay

How else do you explain 15 attempts?

Mecca
11-05-2006, 10:23 PM
gaaaaaay

you are gay

He threw 15 passes today..........he threw in the mid 20's in a game the Chiefs ran 79 offensive plays in what other reason is there than they don't have that much confidence in his ability to pass that much?

Hammock Parties
11-05-2006, 10:24 PM
How else do you explain 15 attempts?

Lack of TOP and a conservative gameplan once we got a lead.

If they didn't have faith in Huard they wouldn't have passed on first-and-goal with a 7-point lead.

carlos3652
It's like Solari has a sure fire TD drive sitting in reserve. Need a TD? Go for the secret plan.

KRIS JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!ONEELEVEN!!!111

Basileus777
gaaaaaay

you are gay

:LOL:

Excellent reasoning.

cdcox
11-05-2006, 10:25 PM

If they didn't have faith in Huard they wouldn't have passed on first-and-goal with a 7-point lead.

I think we ran something like 11 of our 12 first plays. We had a conservative game plan the whole game.

stevieray
11-05-2006, 10:26 PM
He threw 15 passes today..........he threw in the mid 20's in a game the Chiefs ran 79 offensive plays in what other reason is there than they don't have that much confidence in his ability to pass that much?

Because he threw 3TD's and Herm wanted to run to eat up the clock.

The only doubting his ability is you, and everyone knows why.

Hootie
11-05-2006, 10:27 PM
guys I didn't even read his post I just think he's gay

Mecca

Explain the mid 20's pass attemps out of 79 plays meanwhile the RB has 39 carries.........I don't think there's a clearer example this staff doesn't want Huard passing that much.

Hammock Parties
I think we ran something like 11 of our 12 first plays. We had a conservative game plan the whole game.

I think they knew how bad St. Louis' run defense was and they just decided to keep running until they stopped it.

Mecca
11-05-2006, 10:28 PM
guys I didn't even read his post I just think he's gay

You can't even properly read dates.......and you're the one with the crush on Huard.

Hammock Parties
11-05-2006, 10:29 PM
Explain the mid 20's pass attemps out of 79 plays meanwhile the RB has 39 carries.........I don't think there's a clearer example this staff doesn't want Huard passing that much.

Again, we had the lead in that game, too. In fact, we came out PASSING against the Seahawks.

How can you not have faith in a guy who puts the ball on a dime like he did to Parker? Jeez. If anything they don't trust the offensive tackles.

When we played San Diego we had 30 rushes and 27 passes.

Hootie
11-05-2006, 10:29 PM
he's averaged about 27 attempts per start this year....I think they are plenty confident in his ability to throw the ball...

Today, why throw the ball when your running back(s) are getting 5 yards per carry and you're winning the game by two scores?

Hootie
11-05-2006, 10:30 PM
You can't even properly read dates.......and you're the one with the crush on Huard.
only if you're treating...I don't usually date dudes

Mecca
11-05-2006, 10:31 PM
only if you're treating...I don't usually date dudes

Spin it all you want you're still the guy where I said "Miami 2002" and your like "LJ and Priest". I didn't know LJ was on the Chiefs in 2002....I don't think anyone else did either.

Hootie
11-05-2006, 10:33 PM
I thought you were talking about the game @ Miami last year...I usually only skim your posts because you're such a flaming homo!!!!!

Direckshun
11-05-2006, 10:41 PM
The last three weeks when we've gone into halftime with a substantial lead we've come back out and let the opposition catch back up. I don't necessarily attribute this to the defense I blame the play not to lose mentality that the coaching staff has. We don't need to be nursing leads we need to build on them. I think everyone was scared like I was when St. Louis was driving on us and if not for those three penalties we would have had a much closer game. The Rams, Seahawks, and Chargers dominated us in the 3rd Quarter and then we got our act back together and eventually won the game. I think our passing game needs to see more time. We pound the ball in the third quarter to run time off the clock when we could be passing down the field with Damon Huard, hell he's only the second most accurate QB in the NFL right now, and build instead of hold a lead.
I agree.

The Chiefs need improvement in some areas -- but perhaps the most important area is maintaining a lead when they're up. Third quarters especially have killed the Chiefs, as opposing offenses have noodled around our defensive scheme and our offense gets stopped cold.

The Chiefs have been exemplary in the fourth quarter all season, but they're going to need to show up the entire half if they want to make some noise in December.

edit to add: we should also go for the juggler

KCBOSS1
11-05-2006, 10:49 PM
Honestly, I like Huard, but the Huard bandwagon is starting to get annoying. The Chiefs Planet is not a lobbying device.

I do think that the 3rd quarter should be the closer quarter....the most aggessive. Rest the defense in the 4th and play control ball there.