PDA

View Full Version : The San Diego Chargers Are Not As Good As People Think...

RINGLEADER
11-06-2006, 06:05 PM
Watched most of the game yesterday. If not for Charlie Frye running around like a knucklehead most of the game the Chargers would have lost and lost badly to the Browns. Even with the couple busted runs that LT took to the house.

The Bolts are again the media darlings but they have beaten only one team with a winning record (St. Louis at home) and have lost every other game they've played against winning opponents (Baltimore and Kansas City).

I will say that Phillip Rivers has performed better than I thought he would but he still has problems - big problems - against good defenses. He also can't win on the road unless he's playing one of the two worst teams in the league. I predict they go 4-4 over the second half of the season (losing all of their remaining road games at Cincy, at Denver, at Buffalo, and at Seattle), and again win the title of "Best Team To Not Make the Playoffs" (even if another team actually has more wins and doesn't get to the post-season either).

chiefbowe82
11-06-2006, 06:08 PM
I seen someone said something about Donnie Edwards getting hurt in the game thread yesterday.
Anyone know anything about that?

Phobia
11-06-2006, 06:16 PM
I seen someone said something about Donnie Edwards getting hurt in the game thread yesterday.
Anyone know anything about that?

I know a lot about that. I also know CBS is stupid.

http://mb31.scout.com/fchiefsinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=16797.topic

ChiefsCountry
11-06-2006, 06:17 PM
Preaching to the choir about the Chargers.

chiefbowe82
11-06-2006, 06:21 PM
So i guess he won't be showing up on the injury report

Phobia
11-06-2006, 06:26 PM
I don't think so. He came back in the game later.

kcxiv
11-06-2006, 06:33 PM
Chargers are a fine football team. I dont think they are the best, but top 5 probably.

Deberg_1990
11-06-2006, 06:37 PM
Chargers are a fine football team. I dont think they are the best, but top 5 probably.

Agreed...damn good football team.

Just a question, if all you guys think they are overrated, then why was the win a few weeks ago over them so big???

kcxiv
11-06-2006, 06:38 PM
Agreed...damn good football team.

Just a question, if all you guys think they are overrated, then why was the win a few weeks ago over them so big???
I dont think they are over rated. One thing i like about the Chiefs, is we seem to contain LT for some reason, if we do that good things happen. They are dangerous no doubt, but when they go against the Chiefs, i am not worried about it. LT just cannot do shit against us. Or hasnt in a while.

tburg
11-06-2006, 06:40 PM
yeah for a team who choked away the playoffs the last 2 yrs they sure do get alot of pub....

Deberg_1990
11-06-2006, 06:41 PM
yeah for a team who choked away the playoffs the last 2 yrs they sure do get alot of pub....

You could say the same thing about the Colts.....

keg in kc
11-06-2006, 06:41 PM
They're a typical Marty team. Fool's gold.

Basileus777
11-06-2006, 06:43 PM
The Chargers are the softest and most unclutch team in the NFL. They either blow out their opponent or lose a close game. Their vaunted defense can never stop anyone when it counts.

Hydrae
11-06-2006, 06:44 PM
No, it's not LT we struggle with, it's Gates. We did this last game too but kept him out of the end zone for the most part.

Spott
11-06-2006, 06:46 PM
They are a good team, but they would be a waste of a playoff spot should they make it this year.

Direckshun
11-06-2006, 06:58 PM
In the eight-division NFL era, have three teams from the same division ever made the playoffs in the same year?

2bikemike
11-06-2006, 07:35 PM
I think the Bolts have a lot of damn good players and I believe they get a lot more hype than they deserve. I am not ready to claim LT has the best all around back and I do not think that Gates is the best TE in the league. Merriman is something special too bad he's got the Roid cloud hanging over him.

They may lose in Cincinatti but I think that is a toss up game. Depending on which Bengle team shows up. I doubt serously they lose in
Buffalo.

And BTW I hate the Chargers.