PDA

View Full Version : I'm very, very excited about Kansas Basketball

hypersensitiveZO6
11-06-2006, 11:11 PM
We've got one of the most talented teams we've ever had in KU history IMO.

It's going to fun this year.

Let me be the first to say....

Rooooooooooocck Chaaaaalk Jaaaaayyyhaaaaawk KU!

:KU: :KU: :KU: :KU: :KU: :KU: :KU:

Not that pre-season polls mean anything, but Kansas is sitting at No. 3 in nation (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2651419)

Anyone else excited?

Anyong Bluth
11-06-2006, 11:16 PM
YES!

hypersensitiveZO6
11-06-2006, 11:22 PM
Brandon Rush, Julian Wright, Mario Chalmers, Sherron Collins (big-time rookie) , Darrell Arthur (big-time rookie), Darnell Jackson, Russell Robinson, Sasha Kaun...

Man, we are loaded and ready to fire

noa
11-06-2006, 11:24 PM
I'm definitely excited, but I expect some people to come by and make fun of KU for cheating, for having to kick yet another player off the team, and for being knocked out in the first round of the tournament the last two years. This could be interesting....

Sam Hall
11-06-2006, 11:25 PM
I want to see Kaun come back for the Florida game. Regardless, I'm ready for a national championship around here. None of our teams have had much reason to celebrate lately.

hypersensitiveZO6
11-06-2006, 11:27 PM
Here's the schedule. Las Vegas Invite- Nov 25- FLORIDA wow (http://www2.kusports.com/mens_basketball/schedule/2006_07/)

hypersensitiveZO6
11-06-2006, 11:30 PM
I'm definitely excited, but I expect some people to come by and make fun of KU for cheating, for having to kick yet another player off the team, and for being knocked out in the first round of the tournament the last two years. This could be interesting....

Giles to play the second semester. (http://www2.kusports.com/news/2006/nov/04/giles_reinstated_ku_basketball_team/?mens_basketball)

Interesting enough to win a championship

Hootie
11-06-2006, 11:30 PM
THEY'RE CALLED FRESHMAN YOU GOD DAMN NUCCA!

Tactical Funky
11-06-2006, 11:33 PM
Screw 'em.

I'm a Chiefs fan, Royals fan, and Jayhawk fan through and through, and I could honestly care less what those outside of the aforementioned fanbases say because it doesn't effect my favorite sports teams one bit; I just live to watch these guys play - win or lose. The good news is that the KU basketball team has a habit of winning many more games than they concede and making the postseason on a perennial basis, so at least I haven't gone completely crazy yet...

In other words, I'm an extremely hardened fan. :harumph:

:thumb:

Hootie
11-06-2006, 11:34 PM
I'm hardened, too.

KcMizzou
11-06-2006, 11:35 PM
Eh, not so much.

noa
11-06-2006, 11:36 PM
We knew when we brought in Bill Self that he would take a few years to get really put his stamp on this team. He's been an amazing recruiter so far and I think this year will be an interesting challenge for him considering how much depth he is going to have to manage once we are all healthy.

Tactical Funky
11-06-2006, 11:38 PM
Giles to play the second semester. (http://www2.kusports.com/news/2006/nov/04/giles_reinstated_ku_basketball_team/?mens_basketball)

Interesting enough to win a championship
Good news about Giles returning eventually. I've had a somewhat indifferent attitude towards him, but if he gets his "affairs" in order and can keep focused, we'll have a well-balanced team inside - and much better defense on the post.

hypersensitiveZO6
11-06-2006, 11:39 PM
THEY'RE CALLED FRESHMAN YOU GOD DAMN NUCCA!

That was very queer.

Tactical Funky
11-06-2006, 11:39 PM
I'm hardened, too.
Word. :fire:

Tactical Funky
11-06-2006, 11:40 PM
Eh, not so much.
That's too bad. :p

;)

Frazod
11-06-2006, 11:41 PM
Eh, not so much.

I'm just wondering which second-rate-school-nobody-ever-heard-of will bounce them out of the first round of the tournament this year. ROFL

CHENZ A!
11-06-2006, 11:44 PM
I am VERY excited for UMKC basketball.

Tactical Funky
11-06-2006, 11:45 PM
I'm just wondering which second-rate-school-nobody-ever-heard-of will bounce them out of the first round of the tournament this year. ROFL
If we play a school with only one B, I think we're okay.

What are the chances of dropping the first round of the tourney to two double-B teams consecutively?

Seriously... :shake:

However, I think this year is different chemistry-wise - and you can bet your ass that Self cannot - and will not - be knocked out in the first round again.

If we are yet again, well... :cuss:

ArrowheadHawk
11-06-2006, 11:47 PM
this could be one hell of a year

Tactical Funky
11-06-2006, 11:53 PM
this could be one hell of a year
I think "Shady Arthur", as a certain announcer refers to him, will have a spectacular freshman year and I'm expecting Chalmers to stay hot while Rush maintains his quiet confidence and improves his ball-handling.

I'm excited to see Robinson emerging as a leader on this team along with Wright - they are both so enthusiastic and energetic that it noticeably rubs off on their teammates.

Talent is great, but it's nothing without chemistry - and I think we've got tons of both this year. :)

teedubya
11-07-2006, 12:07 AM
KU is nothing but thugs and cheaters [/haters]

KCChiefsMan
11-07-2006, 04:53 AM
hell ya, rock chalk jayhawk baby!

Braincase
11-07-2006, 06:42 AM

Betcha a case of beer, winner's choice that KU doesn't lose in the first round. Back it up, 'Zod.

Saulbadguy
11-07-2006, 08:04 AM
I am VERY excited for UMKC basketball.
:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

kepp
11-07-2006, 08:27 AM
Meh...wake me up when the first round of the tourney gets here. I'll tune in then... :p

DaKCMan AP
11-07-2006, 08:28 AM
I hope Kansas has a great year. Since both of my parents and my uncle are KU alum, I grew up a KU bball fan. Rock Chalk.

However, a National Championship is just not in the cards this year. While the Hawks team has great talent, no team in the country can compete with my Gators :D

We're repeating ;)

ROYC75
11-07-2006, 08:44 AM

I would say MU, but they have to get there 1st ! :D

klg61
11-07-2006, 09:33 AM
ku all the way, could this be thier year? very well could be..cant wait for the season to start. hope sausha heals and comes back in strong.

DMAC
11-07-2006, 10:03 AM
I like Brandon Rush in there. I feel as though he is an infiltrator sent by Kareem and the Mizzou coaching staff to slowly pick apart any team unity that exists.

Reerun_KC
11-07-2006, 10:15 AM
Just be thankful that we dont have the collapse like MU had a few years ago, from pre-season top 5 to losing the first round of the NIT home game all in the same year.

I will take a Big XII championship with Freshman and a first round loss any year over the annual MU collaspe.

Mr. Laz
11-07-2006, 10:22 AM
excited ...... yes

still contained ...... yes

still waiting to see if Self can get players up to their full potiential.

so far only Christian Moody has done so under self at KU.

ChiefaRoo
11-07-2006, 10:56 AM
excited ...... yes

still contained ...... yes

still waiting to see if Self can get players up to their full potiential.

so far only Christian Moody has done so under self at KU.

I agree. Lets see if Self is more than just a recruiter. KU is loaded with talent now lets see how good of a team they become.

Ebolapox
11-07-2006, 11:08 AM
If we play a school with only one B, I think we're okay.

What are the chances of dropping the first round of the tourney to two double-B teams consecutively?

Seriously... :shake:

However, I think this year is different chemistry-wise - and you can bet your ass that Self cannot - and will not - be knocked out in the first round again.

If we are yet again, well... :cuss:

I'm gonna laugh my ass off at the reaction you guys have if the tourney committee gives you guys a first round draw with a team that starts with a B :)

ROYC75
11-07-2006, 11:43 AM
Lest we forget this .................

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=142708&highlight=saul

underEJ
11-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Very excited too. Arthur seems like the real thing, and I continue my somewhat inappropriate love of Julian Wright and his incredible entry passes.

lightsout04
11-07-2006, 12:34 PM
ROCK CHALK BABY

CoMoChief
11-07-2006, 12:47 PM

It's going to fun this year.

Let me be the first to say....

Rooooooooooocck Chaaaaalk Jaaaaayyyhaaaaawk KU!

:KU: :KU: :KU: :KU: :KU: :KU: :KU:

Not that pre-season polls mean anything, but Kansas is sitting at No. 3 in nation (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2651419)

Anyone else excited?

The most talented team in KU history is the 2002 team.

Hinrich
Boschee
Miles
Langford
Simien
Collison
Gooden

But yes this season should be a good one.

Frazod
11-07-2006, 12:49 PM
Betcha a case of beer, winner's choice that KU doesn't lose in the first round. Back it up, 'Zod.

Nah. I look at it this way. I don't really drink beer anymore, so I'd have no use for a case of it if I'd win. On the other hand, you'd certainly have a use for it. :)

CoMoChief
11-07-2006, 12:49 PM
Just be thankful that we dont have the collapse like MU had a few years ago, from pre-season top 5 to losing the first round of the NIT home game all in the same year.

I will take a Big XII championship with Freshman and a first round loss any year over the annual MU collaspe.

There's a huge difference. Quin Snyder was a terrible coach and depended on the 3 pt shot even when he had one of the best big men in the country.

CHENZ A!
11-07-2006, 01:41 PM
:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

LMAO Don't be a hater, Quentin and coach Z are taking the 'Roos to the dance this yr.

Take that to the bank.

Lzen
11-07-2006, 01:42 PM
Nah. I look at it this way. I don't really drink beer anymore, so I'd have no use for a case of it if I'd win. On the other hand, you'd certainly have a use for it. :)

Translation: Bock bock bock. :D

http://blog.qiken.org/archives/chicken.JPG

duncan_idaho
11-07-2006, 02:47 PM

Hinrich
Boschee
Miles
Langford
Simien
Collison
Gooden

I don't know... I'd take the LaRentz/Pierce/Hasse/Vaughn teams over any other kU team I've seen play.

The 02 team was ridiculously talented, but it never was as intimidating as the LaFrentz/Piece teams.

Just an opposing fans' view...

DJJasonp
11-07-2006, 03:14 PM
I don't know... I'd take the LaRentz/Pierce/Hasse/Vaughn teams over any other kU team I've seen play.

The 02 team was ridiculously talented, but it never was as intimidating as the LaFrentz/Piece teams.

I'm a huge KU fan and I think I agree with this....even though they didnt win a national title, many refer to the LaFrentz, Pierce, Vaughn team that only lost 2 games as the best ever....

Anyone else here going to the Vegas Invitational? I got my ticket in the mail yesterday...cant wait!

KU/Florida...bring it on Gators!

|Zach|
11-07-2006, 03:16 PM
many refer to the LaFrentz, Pierce, Vaughn team that only lost 2 games as the best ever....

Like who?

DJJasonp
11-07-2006, 03:18 PM
Like who?

Not best ever in history of NCAA...best ever at KU.....

PinkFloyd
11-07-2006, 03:24 PM
LMAO Don't be a hater, Quentin and coach Z are taking the 'Roos to the dance this yr.

Take that to the bank.

Don't forget the Blackwell boy from Cameron... He's going to be a good one again this year...

Thig Lyfe

So in other words, you're going to lose in the first round of the NCAA tournament.

ChiTown

Hinrich
Boschee
Miles
Langford
Simien
Collison
Gooden

Daaaaaayum. How did that team not win it all? Seriously, that team was stacked with NBA talent.

CHENZ A!
11-07-2006, 04:09 PM
Don't forget the Blackwell boy from Cameron... He's going to be a good one again this year...

No doubt, I expect a big yr from Timmy.

DJay23
11-07-2006, 04:33 PM

I'm a KU fan and I agree completely.

DJay23
11-07-2006, 04:42 PM
I love KU, even more than I love the Chiefs or the Royals. Having said that, I don't think we win the whole thing this year. I'm starting to have doubts about Mr. Self. I think we'll get as far as the Elite 8. Something has to convince me otherwise. I don't like that we're depending on a skinny freshman for our post presence. He looks great against Washburn, but the likes of Texas, A&M, Okie State, and OU will chew him up. The back court is the best in the country in my opinion.

As for who I think will win it all, I'm not going to say Florida, although I think they'll get to the final weekend. I don't know, it just never happens anymore, it's never the guys you think it will be at the start of the year who end up winning it all. I'm going to go out on a limb and take UCLA. I liked the way they played at the end of the year last year, and though they lost Farmar, I think enough remains to surprise.

Though I certainly hope I'm wrong. :KU:

Spott
11-07-2006, 04:44 PM
That team from 96-98 were the best KU teams I've seen. Those teams would have beaten Danny Manning's teams by 20.

I just heard on the radio down there that KU will be playing Florida in Las Vegas in a few weeks. That should be a hell of a game. UF won it all last year, but most of the Gator fans down here don't even know that UF even has a basketball program. All they care about is football.

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2006, 04:51 PM
KU is nothing but thugs and cheaters [/haters]

This was just too good to not post.

http://www2.ljworld.com/blogs/lawrence_blotter/2006/nov/06/polevaulter/
======================================================

A Kansas University pole vaulter has been arrested for aggravated battery in connection with a beating last week that sent one of his teammates to the hospital.

John K. McDonald, 19, a sophomore from Hays, is due in court for a first appearance Nov. 17. He was booked into jail Friday and later released on bond in connection with the beating of KU middle-distance and cross-country runner Tyler Kelly, who told police he was attacked and beaten by a group of men around 3:15 a.m. Oct. 28 outside his home in the 4700 block of Ranch Court.

KU associate athletics director Jim Marchiony said Monday afternoon that McDonald had been suspended from the team.

Kelly's mother said the beating happened after her son had been out with other KU cross-country runners celebrating their performance in the Big 12 championships.

A 19-year-old Lawrence man, Gregory A. Krupa, also has been arrested in the case

duncan_idaho
11-07-2006, 05:00 PM
Daaaaaayum. How did that team not win it all? Seriously, that team was stacked with NBA talent.

Boschee was a defensive liability, Miles and Langford couldn't shoot (though they developed much better shots before they were done), and Gooden refused to play exclusively inside.

ferrarispider95
11-07-2006, 05:15 PM
Giles just fouled out for good

Saulbadguy
11-07-2006, 05:51 PM
Boschee was a defensive liability,
Plus he's gay.

Tactical Funky
11-07-2006, 05:54 PM
Giles just fouled out for good
Good riddance.

Giles was given a chance to redeem himself, but he blew it big-time and Self responded accordingly.

We need to focus on basketball, not the "extracurricular" distractions and miscues of one of our players (former player, I should say).

Tactical Funky
11-07-2006, 05:55 PM
This was just too good to not post.

http://www2.ljworld.com/blogs/lawrence_blotter/2006/nov/06/polevaulter/
======================================================
I'm a Jayhawk, but that's pretty funny - albeit quite odd...

Track & Field gangs, eh?

LOOK OUT!!! LMAO

CoMoChief
11-07-2006, 06:23 PM
Like who?

Kansas bball fans.

CoMoChief
11-07-2006, 06:43 PM
That team from 96-98 were the best KU teams I've seen. Those teams would have beaten Danny Manning's teams by 20.

I just heard on the radio down there that KU will be playing Florida in Las Vegas in a few weeks. That should be a hell of a game. UF won it all last year, but most of the Gator fans down here don't even know that UF even has a basketball program. All they care about is football.

That 88 team wasn't that talented to be honest. Manning carried that team. There are many KU teams that would have whooped that team's ass by 20. Thats like what I said about the tourney. Many times the best team doesn't win it all. One team may get hot and just ride that wave through the tourney. Combine that with tons of talent these days across the country, it is very hard to win it all even if you have 4-5 All Americans. That KU 96-97 team that lost 2 games all season was without a doubt the most talented team in the country, but lost to a team with a hot hand. I think it was Arizona, I could be wrong. All Im saying is that it is very hard to win it all these days especially with the 64 teams. That's why I think many of the UCLA teams of the 60-70's would get their asses kicked now and wouldn't be as good.

GOD I HATE MIKE BIBBY AND MILES SIMON!!!!!!!!!!!

PinkFloyd
11-07-2006, 06:57 PM
No doubt, I expect a big yr from Timmy.

I went to school with his dad... Tim could light it up from the 3 point line in high school.. Him and this other kid -- Drew Newhart could make a shot from well beyond the 3 point line...

Tim just wanted to leave Creighton to get closer to home... He made a good choice going to UMKC...

DaKCMan AP
11-07-2006, 09:16 PM
As for who I think will win it all, I'm not going to say Florida, although I think they'll get to the final weekend. I don't know, it just never happens anymore, it's never the guys you think it will be at the start of the year who end up winning it all.

Right, cause no one picked UConn to win it all in 2004. Oh wait.

Well, even that was a long time ago....what? That was 2 years ago?
:rolleyes:

CHENZ A!
11-07-2006, 09:58 PM
I went to school with his dad... Tim could light it up from the 3 point line in high school.. Him and this other kid -- Drew Newhart could make a shot from well beyond the 3 point line...

Tim just wanted to leave Creighton to get closer to home... He made a good choice going to UMKC...

I agree, he's got 2 more yrs to get them in the dance, but they lose Day, Spears, and I believe Ayuba after this yr. They are picked #2 in the conference, with Oral Roberts #1, and they(Oral Roberts) are REAL tough.

Skip Towne
11-07-2006, 10:30 PM
I agree, he's got 2 more yrs to get them in the dance, but they lose Day, Spears, and I believe Ayuba after this yr. They are picked #2 in the conference, with Oral Roberts #1, and they(Oral Roberts) are REAL tough.
Oral Roberts is REAL tough? I live in Tulsa and I didn't know that.

hypersensitiveZO6
11-07-2006, 10:31 PM
So in other words, you're going to lose in the first round of the NCAA tournament.

Not by any means.

This team will gell extremely well, also. Last year we seemed to play as team, not just individual superstars, like some teams with our level of talent have been.

To add, our only real weakness last year was turnovers. I thinked we've got the best freshman PG in the league in Sherron Collins. Russell Robinson should be improved to top it all off.

CHENZ A!
11-07-2006, 10:40 PM
Oral Roberts is REAL tough? I live in Tulsa and I didn't know that.

Well, relatively speaking. They are a tough team in a small conference, but they are still D1. They have some players on their team that would probably make some Big 12 squads. Playing in the MidCon, you have to win your conference tourney to advance to the big dance, and most "experts" are picking ORU 1st, and UMKC 2nd. They play good ball, very athletic team, and their fans travel well(to KC at least).