PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs are out of the playoffs

Megbert
11-06-2006, 11:15 PM
According to the asshats on ESPN.

They say SD is in.

Even though the Chiefs beat them already.

One of em said that KC had to go to Denver to play - fuggin dumbasses.

Hammock Parties
11-06-2006, 11:16 PM
What a bunch of ****in' retards

Hootie
god damnit I had to get a Mellow Yello or I would've beat you to this thread =(

Megbert
I know:

The sky is blue

Water is wet

and so on.

Megbert
11-06-2006, 11:17 PM
god damnit I had to get a Mellow Yello or I would've beat you to this thread =(
I'm like a camel I drink like once a week.

Frazod
11-06-2006, 11:17 PM

They say SD is in even though the Chiefs beat them already.

Yeah, Young says we have to go back to Denver. Who knows - perhaps the Donx bought a second home game against us this year while they were sucking off the league so they wouldn't have to play Pittsburgh in week one.

ferrarispider95
11-06-2006, 11:19 PM
I hate irvin - biggest fuggin dallas homer
go sniff some cocaine you piece of shit

also young doesn't want to give huard any credit, because he is a backup

I also get tired of looking at the fuggin lazy eyed stewart scott

Mecca
11-06-2006, 11:19 PM
Yeah, Young says we have to go back to Denver. Who knows - perhaps the Donx bought a second home game against us this year while they were sucking off the league so they wouldn't have to play Pittsburgh in week one.

If the Chiefs win the games they SHOULD win I stress should win.......they'll win 10-11 games and that puts you in.

KChiefs1
11-06-2006, 11:21 PM
The Chiefs have to play that powerhouse San Diego Chargers again...why does ESPN suck on their dick so much?

ferrarispider95
11-06-2006, 11:22 PM
For the record I don't give a shit of they don't pick the chiefs, but back it up with some credible facts.

I love how ROMO is the second coming of Montana, while Huard has put a 105 passer rating.

I hate to say it, but Tom Jackson is the most credible source out of the bunch and he is a fuggin donkey

Hootie
11-06-2006, 11:24 PM
I think Romo is awesome, by the way...

BigRock
11-06-2006, 11:26 PM
ESPN.com: Broncos' owner Pat Bowlen announced today that his team's Thanksgiving game with the Chiefs has been moved to Denver. This gives the Broncos two home games against the Chiefs this year, but based on Bowlen's generous financial contributions to league officials, the NFL stated that his team is simply more deserving of a Thanksgiving day home game than Lamar Hunt's.

Incidentally, Bowlen is suffering from a severe case of rug-burn on both his knees, but said he expects to recover and resume his duties as the commissioner's fluffer in a few weeks.

Frazod
11-06-2006, 11:26 PM
If the Chiefs win the games they SHOULD win I stress should win.......they'll win 10-11 games and that puts you in.

We only have one remaining road game against a team with a winning record (San Diego). All the remaining tough games are at Arrowhead (Denver, Baltimore and Jacksonville). If we don't get punked by somebody we should clearly beat (Miami, Oakland or Cleveland), we can afford to lose to San Diego and dump one game against a playoff caliber team at Arrowhead and still go 11-5.

11-5 gets us in.

These ESPrickN retards don't know shit.

nychief
11-06-2006, 11:28 PM
whatever. ****ing brain dead Steve Young thinks we still have ANOTHER game in Denver. **** these guys...

IN LJ WE TRUST.

sd4chiefs
11-06-2006, 11:29 PM
Talk about sour grapes. They are down playing the Chiefs because MNF did not have pick them up this year. Who's idea was it to have the Raiders on so much. That game tonight was an abortion. :cuss:

Frazod
11-06-2006, 11:30 PM
Talk about sour grapes. They are down playing the Chiefs because MNF did not have pick them up this year. Who's idea was it to have the Raiders on so much. That game tonight was an abortion. :cuss:

Apparently ESPN executives think every gangbanger they see is actually a Raiders fan.

dj56dt58
11-06-2006, 11:30 PM
I want ESPN to pick KC to miss the playoffs. When are these idiots EVER right? Their ****in idiots for christ sakes. I think Irvin has been selling his shit before the show starts. NFL Network is much more credible than these dumbasses as they back their shit up w/ facts...

boogblaster
11-06-2006, 11:32 PM
ESPN = Eagerly Sucks Peenie Nightly ....

BigRedChief
11-06-2006, 11:36 PM

you never know who should win week to week in the NFL. Miami beats Chicago in Chicago etc but..........I see it this way.

11-5.

We lose at SD and pne other game maybe at home against Denver or Baltimore?

GoodDaySir!
11-06-2006, 11:42 PM
Why watch them if you're just going to bitch and whine about them all the time?

dj56dt58
11-06-2006, 11:45 PM
Why watch them if you're just going to bitch and whine about them all the time?
I watch SC for the highlights then they put their retard analysts on with 0 knowledge as to what the hell their even talking about

KurtCobain
11-06-2006, 11:47 PM
you never know who should win week to week in the NFL. Miami beats Chicago in Chicago etc but..........I see it this way.

11-5.

We lose at SD and pne other game maybe at home against Denver or Baltimore?

I really doubt we lose at home. I think we'll own the broncos at arrowhead. Ravens though... They won't score, so it's up to the kc offense to beat 'em.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cpMTOqKOcMI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BigRedChief
11-06-2006, 11:55 PM
I really doubt we lose at home. I think we'll own the broncos at arrowhead. Ravens though... They won't score, so it's up to the kc offense to beat 'em.
Well if thats true then you see 12-4?

KurtCobain
11-06-2006, 11:59 PM
Well if thats true then you see 12-4?

Yeah, I see 12-4. We'll lose an easy road game more than likely.

cmh6476
11-07-2006, 12:02 AM
young said jax and cincy are in, so I guess the Chiefs and Bolts are both gonna miss out? Or maybe he thinx cincy takes the north? :shrug:

Nzoner
11-07-2006, 12:07 AM
Ravens though... They won't score, so it's up to the kc offense to beat 'em.

The Ravens have only scored 12 fewer points than KC and now with Billick calling the offense look for even more scoring from them.

I don't even want to talk about the points allowed differential.

Frazod
11-07-2006, 12:10 AM
12-4 is really, really optimistic, IMO. Hell, considering our injury luck this year, 11-5 may be too optimistic.

Could we really go 10-6 and not make the playoffs two years in a row? God, that would suck.

greg63
11-07-2006, 12:13 AM
12-4 is really, really optimistic, IMO. Hell, considering our injury luck this year, 11-5 may be too optimistic.

Could we really go 10-6 and not make the playoffs two years in a row? God, that would suck.

True; or we could go 10-6 and make the playoffs; only to lose in the first round to the Colts.

11-07-2006, 12:15 AM
True; or we could go 10-6 and make the playoffs; only to lose in the first round to the Colts.
I don't think we will be seeing the Colts in the first round at all.

cdcox
11-07-2006, 12:17 AM
Tommy Donko-Scum Jackson had the WCs as San Diego and Jacksonville. If we sit at home, I think that is is the most likely scenario, but as long as we beat Jacksonville the last week of the season, I don't see that happening.

Frazod
11-07-2006, 12:18 AM

Colts won't be playing in the first round.

Nzoner
11-07-2006, 12:18 AM

I hate to piss on everyone's corn flakes it's just my 2 cents but all this play-off talk is making me very nervous.Except for San Diego and possibly the Rams who has KC really beaten?

An Arizona team with a rookie qb,a fairly bad 49er's team with a young qb playing his first game at Arrowhead and a Seattle team minus it's star rb and qb and that was damn close.

Again not trying to be a stick in the mud but I've worn chiefs colored glasses too many years had my freakin heart ripped out and will not fall for it this year.I'm taking it like so many of these players say,ONE GAME AT A TIME.

Maybe just maybe this approach will at least help me not get too high or low as in so many years past.

cdcox
11-07-2006, 12:21 AM
I hate to piss on everyone's corn flakes it's just my 2 cents but all this play-off talk is making me very nervous.Except for San Diego and possibly the Rams who has KC really beaten?

An Arizona team with a rookie qb,a fairly bad 49er's team with a young qb playing his first game at Arrowhead and a Seattle team minus it's star rb and qb and that was damn close.

Again not trying to be a stick in the mud but I've worn chiefs colored glasses too many years had my freakin heart ripped out and will not fall for it this year.I'm taking it like so many of these players say,ONE GAME AT A TIME.

Maybe just maybe this approach will at least help me not get too high or low as in so many years past.

Getting your heart ripped out is half the fun, isn't it? That's what they told me when I signed up.

11-07-2006, 12:22 AM
Getting your heart ripped out is half the fun, isn't it? That's what they told me when I signed up.
And we are masters of it too.

Nzoner
11-07-2006, 12:23 AM

That damn trip to the shrink's couch was getting too expensive.

ChiefsCountry
11-07-2006, 12:27 AM
Chiefs will finish 11-5 more than likely. They will lose to the Dolts in Sandy Eggo and drop another road game probally this weekend actually.

HemiEd
11-07-2006, 12:28 AM

I agree Joe,
I am a pretty slow learner, but 97 cured me. It made 2003 not so hard of a crash.

patteeu
11-07-2006, 12:30 AM
The Chiefs have to play that powerhouse San Diego Chargers again...why does ESPN suck on their dick so much?

Because Marty was an analyst at ESPN for a while so they all know him and carry his water.

Halfcan
11-07-2006, 12:49 AM
I think we have HEART this year-and that is something we have not had around here in awhile.

cdcox
11-07-2006, 12:51 AM
I think we have HEART this year-and that is something we have not had around here in awhile.

I hope so. Yesterday's game was the first real evidence that things might be different this year. Too soon to say.

Hammock Parties
11-07-2006, 12:53 AM
I hope so. Yesterday's game was the first real evidence that things might be different this year. Too soon to say.

Stay tuned. I predict media outlets will comment on this issue.

stevieray
11-07-2006, 01:03 AM

uhuh..and if they do make some noise, it won't be as sweet, cause you didn't put anything on the line.

---missing 338nzoner.

FloridaMan88
11-07-2006, 01:52 AM

Young has had one too many hits to the head

Rausch
11-07-2006, 01:55 AM
I started with 11-4 and I'm sticking with it.

**** the dumb $3it surrender-monkeys, I'll be sipping your 1/2 consumed beers at dawn and urinating on those who decided to cash in early...

Katie
11-07-2006, 06:06 AM
Personally, I took issue with the fact that ESPN gave absolutely no love to TG. The guy breaks records and all they can talk about is Terrell Owens dropped passes....argh!

If SD is already in the play-offs, why are we still playing games?

philfree
11-07-2006, 06:28 AM
These fools should check the schedules. We are in the meat of our schedule and it's the easiest part.

11/12/06 at Miami Dolphins 12:00 PM CBS*
11/19/06 Oakland Raiders 12:00 PM CBS*
11/23/06 Denver Broncos 7:00 PM NFL+/WDAF-TV 4 in KC
12/03/06 at Cleveland Browns 12:00 PM CBS*
12/10/06 Baltimore

Yeah Denver and Baltimore are good teams but having them at Arrowhead and the Donk's game on Thanksgiving we have a good chance to string together an eight game win streak. That would put us at 10-3 with 3 to go. The hardest of those games is the Chargers and it will be hard for us to win out there. Also anyone that doesn't see that game on New Years Eve as a "party" doesn't know Arrowhead. If we stay reasonably healthy we are looking at 11-5 or better and a playoff birth.

PhilFree:arrow:

StcChief
11-07-2006, 06:40 AM
ESPN sucks a$$. Clueless crowd.

OldTownChief
11-07-2006, 06:45 AM
I still think we'll get stronger and finish the season at our peak. We MUST beat the donks in Arrowhead to get in. A win in Miami will go a long way with two straight road wins. I'm cautiously optimistic.

If we can somehow pull out a win in SD, we have a shot at the division.

MichaelH
11-07-2006, 07:29 AM
There is a very simple solution to all of this. Don't watch ESPN. I've been exclusively watching the NFL Network for 9 days now. It's on a different level for information and entertainment and they do give the Chiefs some love.

BigRedChief
11-07-2006, 07:36 AM
There is a very simple solution to all of this. Don't watch ESPN. I've been exclusively watching the NFL Network for 9 days now. It's on a different level for information and entertainment and they do give the Chiefs some love.

Yeah well if you have Time Warner cable thats not a friggin option. Thanks for rubbing it in.:banghead:

Warrior5
11-07-2006, 07:43 AM
I'll start paying attention to playoff predictions after Thanksgiving. Until then, I'm focused on the upcoming game.

GoHuge
11-07-2006, 07:50 AM
If it wasn't for LJ we'd never get any pub from ESPN. It''s either LJ or other team's highinght reels. There are all koo koo for this QB deal. They where all over it on PTI yesterday or the day before. On NFL live Wingo, Salisbury, and Schlerth talked to Jaws and they where about fifty fifty. One of then flat out said that the Chiefs wouldn't make the playoffs if we pulled Huard. These guys don't know shit! Go and look at their picks for the year. None of these "experts" are even 70% and a couple haven't even broke sixty percent. Hell there not even picking against the spread, just straight up!. Christ Motenson with all his sources and "Chris Mortensen is reporting that blah blah.....is the worst of them all. He'a only 53%. Somebody ought to get on the horn with ESPN and see exactly what the job qualicications to be an analyst are. We could just have some of the best Planeteers provide the chief coverage. If Fatlock can get a job there I know some planeteer can.

ILChief
11-07-2006, 08:06 AM
i wouldn't be shocked if KC, SD, and DEN all three made the playoffs. Cincinnati is sinking. No other team in the East will compete for a playoff spot. So it really comes down to KC, SD, DEN, and JAX for three playoff spots (with one of the west teams winning the div). Also, JAX comes to KC for the last game of the year. AFC playoff teams could easily be IND, NE, BAL, DEN, KC, SD

ROYC75
11-07-2006, 08:08 AM
I still think we'll get stronger and finish the season at our peak. We MUST beat the donks in Arrowhead to get in. A win in Miami will go a long way with two straight road wins. I'm cautiously optimistic.

If we can somehow pull out a win in SD, we have a shot at the division.

Since Pitt laid an egg against Denver, they could finish 12-4 now. SD is on pace at 11-5 / 12-4 , same as KC. IMHO, We must win out to secure the division...........

We could very well see the 2 WC's out of the AFC West.

Nzoner
11-07-2006, 08:43 AM
uhuh..and if they do make some noise, it won't be as sweet, cause you didn't put anything on the line.

---missing 338nzoner.

I'll be at the Thanksgiving game standing in of all places good old section 338.Maybe I'll get my burst back.

stevieray
11-07-2006, 08:44 AM
I'll be at the Thanksgiving game standing in of all places good old section 338.Maybe I'll get my burst back.

:clap:

Nzoner
11-07-2006, 08:50 AM

Come over and have a beer with us(I'll be at the old tailgating spot)Canadian Chief and his buddies are driving down from Canada again and will be hanging with us.

greg63
11-07-2006, 08:52 AM

They say SD is in.

Even though the Chiefs beat them already.

Yep!

Hasn't anyone clinched a playoff berth yet. Three losses at this point in the season and we're out huh? :shake:

stevieray
11-07-2006, 08:53 AM
Come over and have a beer with us(I'll be at the old tailgating spot)Canadian Chief and his buddies are driving down from Canada again and will be hanging with us.

done.

siberian khatru
11-07-2006, 09:03 AM

Pretty much saved me the time.

Warrior5
11-07-2006, 09:16 AM

Agreed. Again, I'll start thinking about playoffs after Thanksgiving...for now, Miami is my focus.

BTW, I'll be in 334 for the Raidahs and the Donk games.

MOhillbilly
11-07-2006, 10:20 AM
the steelers loss could really hurt us if we split with the rest of the AFC west.

ct
11-07-2006, 10:24 AM
young said jax and cincy are in, so I guess the Chiefs and Bolts are both gonna miss out? Or maybe he thinx cincy takes the north? :shrug:

The Bengals have imploded, I don't think they even make it as a Wild Card. I also don't think the Jags will hold together down the stretch.

Both WCs come from the AFC West, imo.

East - Pats
North - Ravens
South - Colts
West - Browncows

WC - Chiefs, Dolts

MOhillbilly
11-07-2006, 10:27 AM
The Bengals have imploded, I don't think they even make it as a Wild Card. Both WCs come from the AFC West, imo.

its to soon to tell. if cinci wins against the chargers. it would help us greatly.

but well still have to win out the remaining afc west schedule to have a shot.

Chris Meck
11-07-2006, 10:28 AM
I don't much care what anyone else does, if The Chiefs can go 11-5 we'll be in the play-offs.

It's never happened that an 11-5 team didn't get in, and I don't think it will this season.

We've gone 5-3 without our starting QB, LT, and RT to this point. Now we'll have to go without Waters for a couple of weeks.

Edwards just plugs guys in and we keep going.

Can you imagine if we'd won the coin toss in OT in Denver? We could easily be 6-2 right now.

If's and but's.

I think we'll drop one at home, (probably Baltimore) and one on the road (probably San Diego) and make 11-5. This depends, of course, on our MASH unit; if The Chiefs can get healthy for the stretch run, I think we're capable of it.

Chris

MOhillbilly
11-07-2006, 10:30 AM
I don't much care what anyone else does, if The Chiefs can go 11-5 we'll be in the play-offs.

Chris

thats a big freaking IF.

lot of football left to play.

lot of tough teams in the AFC coming up lot of brutal AFC west games still to come.

greg63
11-07-2006, 03:45 PM
I don't think we will be seeing the Colts in the first round at all.

Colts won't be playing in the first round.

Yeah, your probably right.

chiefbowe82
11-07-2006, 03:52 PM
If KC beats the dolphins this week it's really set up for them to make the playoffs.
Just like ESPN said the rams would win and the chargers would win and the broncos would beat the chiefs by 11.

We'll just keep shocking the noobs at ESPN

greg63
11-07-2006, 09:33 PM
If KC beats the dolphins this week it's really set up for them to make the playoffs.
Just like ESPN said the rams would win and the chargers would win and the broncos would beat the chiefs by 11.

We'll just keep shocking the noobs at ESPN

Do they post here on the Planet??

KChiefs1
11-07-2006, 11:01 PM
I think the only game the Chiefs have less than a 50/50 chance of winning is the Charger game in Sandy Eggo. When is the last time Denver came into Arrowhead & won anyway? Baltimore & Jacksonville are good team but they have NEVER played in Arrowhead before...that doesn't bode well for most teams.

This week's game concerns me because it is one of those games the Chiefs usually blow...if it isn't this week it will be the Cleveland game.

chiefsfan987
11-08-2006, 12:13 AM
its to soon to tell. if cinci wins against the chargers. it would help us greatly.

but well still have to win out the remaining afc west schedule to have a shot.

I actually think a Chargers win there would help the Chiefs playoff odds more than a Bengals win especially if the Chiefs win @ Miami. It would give the Chiefs more wiggle room in terms of dropping a game later on in the season and still being able to at least secure a #6 seed. If the Bengals win then they're right on our tails and we're going to have to fend off 3 teams, if the Chargers win then we're probably only going to have to fend off Jacksonville for the final playoff spot. As much as I don't want to root for a division rival, I think its in our best interests for San Diego to win this week. We can always root for them to drop both games against Denver or vice versa.

greg63
11-08-2006, 12:15 AM
I think the only game the Chiefs have less than a 50/50 chance of winning is the Charger game in Sandy Eggo. When is the last time Denver came into Arrowhead & won anyway? Baltimore & Jacksonville are good team but they have NEVER played in Arrowhead before...that doesn't bode well for most teams.

This week's game concerns me because it is one of those games the Chiefs usually blow...if it isn't this week it will be the Cleveland game.

History doesn't favor the Chiefs in Miami; although I was thinking for some reason that we won our last game there, but don't hold me to that.

Megbert
11-08-2006, 12:17 AM
History doesn't favor the Chiefs in Miami; although I was thinking for some reason that we won our last game there, but don't hold me to that.
Chiefs won last year against Miami though it wasn't in Miami and it was on a Friday and the Chiefs are the only team to travel the same day they played - ever. This of course due to the hurricane.

bronco610
11-08-2006, 02:57 AM
I have to say the chiefs lose to Miami but if you win I will come back and eat crow. Prove to me you can win on the road against a tough defense and I will eat crow.

MichaelH
11-08-2006, 06:01 AM
Anyone have any Herm stats vs. the Dolphins when he coached in the same division?
We won there last year under less than ideal conditions. Here's to hoping the Chiefs keep rolling this year against a tough defense. And, the way the secondary has been playing, Joey Harrington may have a career day.

Warrior5
11-08-2006, 07:08 AM
Anyone have any Herm stats vs. the Dolphins when he coached in the same division?

4-1 @ home, 2-3 @ Miami

2001 W 21-17.............@ MIA W 24-0
2002 @ MIA L 3-30......W 13-10
2003 L 10-21..............@ MIA L 21-23
2004 @ MIA W 17-9.....W 41-14
2005 W 17-7...............@ MIA L 20-24

greg63
11-10-2006, 01:08 AM
Chiefs won last year against Miami though it wasn't in Miami and it was on a Friday and the Chiefs are the only team to travel the same day they played - ever. This of course due to the hurricane.

AH yes I remember now.

Nzoner
11-12-2006, 07:25 PM

Seriously I'm not being a smartass,my approach is working though,I'm not so low I feel like crap.Time to look ahead to Oakland.