PDA

View Full Version : Larry Johnson on Cold Pizza in two minutes

noa
11-07-2006, 09:37 AM
Just a heads up.

I'll summarize what he says for those who can't watch.

BigRedChief
11-07-2006, 09:44 AM
He was on fox and friends this am. Posts about his apperance on another site....

He was interviewed by Tiki Barber, who was a guest host. LJ talked about how much he loved the fans, how he has grown to really enjoy/love his neighborhood, where he says that people only bug him to "make me cookies" (his words) and ask how he is doing, not to necessarily ask for autographs, he spoke well of Herm Edwards as a coach, and was overall pretty articulate.

He was on at about 5:50AM CST.
--------------------------------------------------------------
He was so genuinely modest and self-deprecating this morning, it was really cool to see. He was articulate, came across as very sincere, personable, very well-grounded, and was VERY complementary about Kansas City, the fans, his neighbors, Herm Edwards and the Chiefs. His laugh was a genuine laugh of much warmth and was very infectious. Tiki Barber got him going on something, and LJ started laughing hard enough that I couldn't help but start giggling way out loud.

So yes, you're right, ... LJ is good for the team and good for Kansas City.

noa
11-07-2006, 09:44 AM
LJ said he should have had more than 172 yards against the Lambs. He says he was motivated by the fact that LaDanian had more against the Lambs.
Biggest key to recent success: re-emergence of TonyG, Eddie Kennison, Samie Parker. Now people aren't trying to stack the box like they were.
Most impressive thing about Huard: he is a quick study and he gets better every week
Who is the starting QB when Trent gets back: TRENT GREEN. TRENT HAS BEEN THERE BEFORE, HE KNOWS WHAT IT TAKES, AND I KNOW THAT'S WHAT HERM IS THINKING.

Then, LJ did the impression. He said that about five times every speech, Herm says "Hey, I was a player, I was a player."

noa
11-07-2006, 09:46 AM
Then LJ talked about the XBox game with Ocho Cinco. He said Ocho Cinco just wouldn't stop talking. Ocho Cinco answers his phone, "God's greatest gift to the earth speaking...."

DaFace
11-07-2006, 09:47 AM
The most major thing I got from it was that he felt Trent should be the starter as soon as he's ready. His reasoning was that the rest of the season will get tougher and tougher, he felt that Trent would be better mentally prepared for it.

noa
11-07-2006, 09:48 AM
Skip Bayless just said LaDanian is the best RB in the league, Tiki is #2, LJ is #3, and Laurence Maroney is #4 in front of LJ's face! I thought that would piss LJ off, but he agreed that LaDanian is #1, and he thinks he is #2.

DaFace
11-07-2006, 09:49 AM
This is bizarre. They're talking about him while he just stands there in the background.

Archie F. Swin
11-07-2006, 09:50 AM
his lid was crooked

Rain Man
He was on fox and friends this am. Posts about his apperance on another site....

He was interviewed by Tiki Barber, who was a guest host. LJ talked about how much he loved the fans, how he has grown to really enjoy/love his neighborhood, where he says that people only bug him to "make me cookies" (his words) and ask how he is doing, not to necessarily ask for autographs, he spoke well of Herm Edwards as a coach, and was overall pretty articulate.

What are those idiots thinking? There's time for cookies when he's retired. Make him protein-rich homemade power bars, or ginseng muffins for energy or something.

noa
LJ just said he'd meet Skip out in the parking lot. They all got a laugh out of that.

Braincase
11-07-2006, 09:51 AM
Skip Bayless just said LaDanian is the best RB in the league, Tiki is #2, LJ is #3, and Laurence Maroney is #4 in front of LJ's face! I thought that would piss LJ off, but he agreed that LaDanian is #1, and he thinks he is #2.

According to a recent DNA sample of Skip Bayless saliva, he's really Mike Shanahan... or is really close to the Broncos' coach. NTTAWTT.

Archie F. Swin
11-07-2006, 09:54 AM
comes across as a likeable guy....despite the Yanks hat

Dunit35
11-07-2006, 09:57 AM
Maybe Skip putting Tiki in front of LJ will piss him off or something.

I thought it was hilarious what Chad said on the phone and LJ telling Skip he wanted to whip hiss ass.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-07-2006, 10:03 AM
The most major thing I got from it was that he felt Trent should be the starter as soon as he's ready. His reasoning was that the rest of the season will get tougher and tougher, he felt that Trent would be better mentally prepared for it.

I think that makes the most sense out of all the reasons I've heard.

Mr. Kotter
11-07-2006, 10:11 AM
LJ just said he'd meet Skip out in the parking lot. They all got a laugh out of that.

LJ's gonna kick Skip Towne's butt in the parking lot at Arrowhead? :spock:

Cool. :)

klg61
11-07-2006, 10:15 AM
he has really matured since last year. go chiefs..

chagrin
11-07-2006, 10:15 AM
Excellent stuff, thanks for posting - guys

Fairplay
11-07-2006, 10:17 AM
he has really matured since last year. go chiefs..

No more diapers. Hes a big boy now.

BigRedChief
11-07-2006, 10:51 AM
No more diapers. Hes a big boy now.

And he's gonna want to be the top paid player in the NFL this off season and you know what.......he deserves it. King Carl needs to open the checkbook and give the man his money.

Bowser
11-07-2006, 10:55 AM
And he's gonna want to be the top paid player in the NFL this off season and you know what.......he deserves it. King Carl needs to open the checkbook and give the man his money.

He's got a problem on his hands with LJ and Gonzalez both wanting paydays......

noa
11-07-2006, 10:58 AM

I don't really know how we are cap-wise, but shouldn't we have some money to spend thanks to Roaf, Priest, and possibly Shields retiring? Also, I think we'll cut Sammy Knight to save some $$$ cause his contract goes way up next season.

BigRedChief
11-07-2006, 11:14 AM
I don't really know how we are cap-wise, but shouldn't we have some money to spend thanks to Roaf, Priest, and possibly Shields retiring? Also, I think we'll cut Sammy Knight to save some $$$ cause his contract goes way up next season.King Carl will never put the team in cap hell so we should be fine.

Yep, that will help and also they both already have some money counting against the cap next year. Tony G's is like $4 million against the cap. Larry's # has got to be miniscule compared to what it will be on opening day. But shoot Shields and Roaf were like $7 million in cap hits this year correct?

He will not top Peyton's money but he will get the largest contract ever awarded for a running back in the NFL. He and his buds will read the headlines and see ESPN and he will be happy with that.

jab0450
11-07-2006, 11:39 AM
If yall missed it hes on again.

jynni
11-07-2006, 11:49 AM
Has LJ ever said anything about wanting to get paid though? I can't remember him ever making a peep about his contract. I really get the impression that he's more about the records and on-field glory than a massive payday. Not saying he doesn't like the money but it just doesn't seem to be the first thing on his to do list.

BigRedChief
11-07-2006, 11:56 AM
Has LJ ever said anything about wanting to get paid though? I can't remember him ever making a peep about his contract. I really get the impression that he's more about the records and on-field glory than a massive payday. Not saying he doesn't like the money but it just doesn't seem to be the first thing on his to do list.

No he has never publically said I want to get paid. He's been a stand up guy. He knows that 9 games doesn't get you paid top $. Now thats hes repeating that this year and if it continues on to the end of this year he doesn't have to say anything. King Carl has to redo his contract.

penchief
11-07-2006, 11:56 AM

I think you're 100% correct. Everything he's ever said and done supports what you say here. He signed early and for a reasonable contract. He hasn't made money an issue yet.

He has shown that he takes a lot of pride in his game and wants to win badly. His attitude has been contagious, IMO. He's quickly becoming one of the team's leaders. If Peterson is smart he's already planning on taking care of LJ without all the fuss and muss that usually accompanies a Peterson contract negotiation.

LJ may be the best thing to happen to the chiefs since DT.

chiefqueen
11-07-2006, 12:00 PM
If yall missed it hes on again.

Doesn't anybody around here have a little thing called a job.......sitting at home watching TV all day :shake: :shake:.

Chief Chief
11-07-2006, 12:05 PM
...or checking websites...

noa
11-07-2006, 12:05 PM
Doesn't anybody around here have a little thing called a job.......sitting at home watching TV all day :shake: :shake:.

I only work during the Chiefs offseason. :p

CupidStunt
11-07-2006, 12:14 PM
He will retire as BY FAR the best running back in Chiefs history.

Crown his ass.

chiefqueen
11-07-2006, 12:14 PM
...or checking websites...

that can be done @ work

noa
11-07-2006, 12:24 PM
They interviewed Cato June on Cold Pizza and asked him why the Colts defense doesn't get as much credit as the offense. Gee, I wonder why that could be....

Worst question ever! ROFL

Easy 6
11-07-2006, 12:26 PM
Who is the starting QB when Trent gets back: TRENT GREEN. TRENT HAS BEEN THERE BEFORE, HE KNOWS WHAT IT TAKES, AND I KNOW THAT'S WHAT HERM IS THINKING.

Hopefully his comments will help put this issue on ice, but i doubt it. We do know what our star RB thinks now and it jibes with 3/4 of the board. I am so sick of reading about that topic. Damon has been outstanding, money & any other word you want to throw in, but there is NADA he can do that Trent cant.

noa
11-07-2006, 12:28 PM
Early on, I forget who said it, but someone on this board said that the only people hyping this QB controversy would be the media, not the team. So far, that's exactly been the case. Herm has been on the record, LJ is on the record, and Trent is very clear that he expects to come back. This issue is completely driven by media hype. The media and Huard supporters on this board can think whatever they want, but this team has been very clear about Trent being the starter.

chiefqueen
11-07-2006, 12:33 PM
Early on, I forget who said it, but someone on this board said that the only people hyping this QB controversy would be the media, not the team. So far, that's exactly been the case. Herm has been on the record, LJ is on the record, and Trent is very clear that he expects to come back. This issue is completely driven by media hype. The media and Huard supporters on this board can think whatever they want, but this team has been very clear about Trent being the starter.

It's all because ESPN wants the Chargers, not the Chiefs, in the playoffs.

BIG_DADDY
11-07-2006, 12:34 PM
It's all because ESPN wants the Chargers, not the Chiefs, in the playoffs.

Let's face it ESPN wants any team on the East Coast period.

Basileus777
11-07-2006, 12:39 PM
Let's face it ESPN wants any team on the East Coast period.

Or California. Its not so much East Coast bias as East Coast and California bias. The Chargers (when they don't suck) and Raiders always receiver alot of media hype.

KurtCobain
11-07-2006, 12:48 PM

yeah, and I goddamn missed it because of my job.

Think it'll be on again? (doubt it)

dtebbe
11-07-2006, 12:56 PM

I don't think so, since the new collective bargaining agreement put another $10M in the cap, which we have not used.

DT

RealSNR
11-07-2006, 01:05 PM
Skip Bayless is a gay gay gay man. He's another ESPN hire along with Michael Irvin that I just don't understand...

Garcia Bronco
11-07-2006, 01:25 PM
"Yep...let's but Gannon on the bench for this playoff game."

big nasty kcnut
11-07-2006, 01:36 PM
I don't work till 8:30 tonight till 2:00 a.m. and then go back to work 10:45 a.m. tomorrow

Lzen
11-07-2006, 02:11 PM
They're replaying the LJ on Cold Pizza spot on ESPN's 1st and 10 show right now.