PDA

View Full Version : Do we put Green in against Miami?

Mr. Laz
11-07-2006, 10:15 AM
if we get a big lead in the 2nd half against Miami, do we put Green in so he can work some of his rust off in a blowout?

or is that a commitment that's too early for the Chiefs to make?

MOhillbilly
11-07-2006, 10:18 AM
i wouldnt think it wise to do anything before his head is 100%.

Saulbadguy
11-07-2006, 10:19 AM
I would.

Dunit35
11-07-2006, 10:20 AM
I would....just as long as they say he is 100%.

jspchief
11-07-2006, 10:20 AM
Green isn't cleared to play yet.

Otherwise we'd be puttin him in at the coin flip.

Stinger
11-07-2006, 10:22 AM
Initially I would say no and put Croyle in give him some experience and make sure Trent is 100%.

Mr. Laz
11-07-2006, 10:23 AM
Green isn't cleared to play yet.

Otherwise we'd be puttin him in at the coin flip.
you really think he wouldn't have been cleared already if Huard was playing poorly?

Fairplay
11-07-2006, 10:24 AM
Good idea. I don't think we will however. I think they want his debut to be at Arrowhead.

Miami is ranked 4th overall in defense. Im not sure if the Chiefs will be racking up the score to much on them.

jspchief
11-07-2006, 10:27 AM
you really think he wouldn't have been cleared already if Huard was playing poorly?I think if it's the coaches' choice to put Green back in over Huard, it will happen the instant that Green can go. My opinion is that Edwards wants Green at QB, but we'll have to wait and see.

The suggestion that the coaches are keeping him out because they want Huard contradicts the notion that they would put Green in to blow the dust off. If Huard really is the guy they want, I don't think they're going to play around or take the chance that Green comes in and lights it up.

To answer the question, yes. I don't think Green is cleared to play, and it has no bearing on what Huard is doing.

JBucc
11-07-2006, 10:28 AM
If he's 100% but I'm not sure if he's quite ready yet.

noa
11-07-2006, 10:30 AM
I think this question is moot because the Dolphins are going to give us a tougher challenge than people expect. Even if we win, I don't think we'll blow them out by any means.
Green will be back for Oakland, and that's a great place for him to start.

jspchief
11-07-2006, 10:39 AM
I'm not sure the Oakland game is so mush easier than Miami in terms of the passing game. They are very comparable in pass defense.

I guess the one thing would be that we should be able to run more against the Raiders. But overall I'm not sure the difference is such that they'd actually intentionally sit their starter an extra week.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-07-2006, 10:41 AM
Our next 8 weeks we face 6 good Defenses. Even though Miami and Oakland are 2-6, they both have Defenses that get to the Qb . I think we should save Trent for the preseason 2007. Not to mention the fact he's permanently retarted .

noa
11-07-2006, 10:44 AM
I'm not sure the Oakland game is so mush easier than Miami in terms of the passing game. They are very comparable in pass defense.

I guess the one thing would be that we should be able to run more against the Raiders. But overall I'm not sure the difference is such that they'd actually intentionally sit their starter an extra week.

Well, the main difference is that the Raiders game is in Arrowhead. Its a familiar environment for Trent and even though their D is tough, their offense is pathetic, so we have a little more room to make errors and to wear off the rust.

Ebolapox
11-07-2006, 11:04 AM
I'd put him in whenever he's ready.

Mr. Laz
11-07-2006, 11:05 AM
I'd put him in whenever he's ready.
we'll "duh"

:p

Cormac
11-07-2006, 11:07 AM
No, I wouldn't. Trent should resume as starting QB as soon as he is fit to do so. Period. I wouldn't put him in late in a game as a warm-up. God forbid he'd throw a pick......this place would melt down if he went on to start the next week.

JimNasium
11-07-2006, 11:14 AM
With the penchant that this team has for letting teams back into the game I doubt that the opportunity will even present itself.

klg61
11-07-2006, 11:17 AM
only if we have a big enough lead. as it stands i would play huard as long as he has a hot hand. even if thats the rest of the year.

Mr. Laz
11-07-2006, 11:19 AM
No, I wouldn't. Trent should resume as starting QB as soon as he is fit to do so. Period. I wouldn't put him in late in a game as a warm-up. God forbid he'd throw a pick......this place would melt down if he went on to start the next week.
but if (as reported) he's ready to go for the faider game ..... isn't he basically ready for the 2nd half of the Miami game?

jspchief
11-07-2006, 11:25 AM
but if (as reported) he's ready to go for the faider game ..... isn't he basically ready for the 2nd half of the Miami game?Because an additional 7 days recovery time is the same as 1.5 hours?

Ebolapox
11-07-2006, 11:26 AM
but if (as reported) he's ready to go for the faider game ..... isn't he basically ready for the 2nd half of the Miami game?

it all depends on how prepared he is... is he the first string qb in practice all week?? we start him. if he's second string, you don't start him (once again, duh)... so no, starting raider game (all week with first string reps) against all week of second string reps would mean he isn't as prepared as he would be against the dolphins as he would be if he would the raiders... if that made ANY sense

Mr. Laz
11-07-2006, 11:31 AM
Because an additional 7 days recovery time is the same as 1.5 hours?
ok ... in your opinion Trent Green isn't ready for mop up duty in the 2nd half this week but he's ready for full time starter duty next week?

if that's the case then they are cutting it too close ....... cause if he isn't "so" ready that he can warm up in the 2nd half this week than he shouldn't be starting for a couple more weeks.

Huard is playing too well to put in a QB that is "Barely" ready to play against the faiders.

Chief Chief
11-07-2006, 11:36 AM
No.

It's not.

klg61
11-07-2006, 11:36 AM
i just hope that trent can come out in mid season form if and when he does come back. we are at a time in the season where the team needs to be at a high level. can trent come right in and be insynk with the team? the offense has gelled nicly with huard, is the timing going to be off when trent comes back? we cant afford to lose from a rusty qb. this division is very tight right now one game could knock it way off course.

jspchief
11-07-2006, 11:38 AM
ok ... in your opinion Trent Green isn't ready for mop up duty in the 2nd half this week but he's ready for full time starter duty next week?

if that's the case then they are cutting it too close ....... cause if he isn't "so" ready that he can warm up in the 2nd half this week than he shouldn't be starting for a couple more weeks.

Huard is playing too well to put in a QB that is "Barely" ready to play against the faiders.
That's giving him an extra 7 days without risking full contact, plus the extra 7 days of not having to prepare this week.

It's not a difficult concept. A doctor says "you can go on day X". Is it possible that you could really go 7 days earlier? Sure it is. It's entirely possible that Green could have played against the Rams. But if the doctors didn't clear him, he's not going to play. And once the doctor does clear him... he's clear so there's no reason to coddle him.

It's not a matter of what my opinion is. It's a matter of what the doctor's opinion is. And in a million dollar business, why take the chance in a game that is already won?

htismaqe
11-07-2006, 11:40 AM
I kind of hope they will, even if it's just for the last 3 kneel-downs.

Just to shut up all of this ridiculous QB controversy talk.

StcChief
11-07-2006, 11:53 AM
Initially I would say no and put Croyle in give him some experience and make sure Trent is 100%.
What he said.

Green MUST BE 100% and cleared. The implications are huge if not.

Chiefnj
11-07-2006, 11:55 AM
I didn't think I'd ever say this but if Damon can go into Miami and play well and get a win, then I'd ride him through the rest of the season.

Welbourn got some playing time this past week and the rust showed as he gave up 2 sacks in limited time.

Historically doesn't Trent typically start off each season a little slow? In all likelihood he'll start off slow to shake the rust, plus he's got the injury and the new helmet to deal with. (There was a report Trent is having difficulty getting used to the new helmet, FWWIW.)

If anything Laz's suggestion to let him shake off the rust in the final quarter of a game that isn't all that close (hopefully) makes some sense.

CupidStunt
11-07-2006, 12:14 PM
I'm on the Huard bandwagon, but if we have to start Green, make it against a worse defense than the Dolphins (Browns will do).