PDA

View Full Version : The Fremont A's

BIG_DADDY
11-07-2006, 03:07 PM
They are saying it's a done deal. Commish coming to town next Tuesday to make the official / official announcement. Great franchise. It would be nice to see them have the money they need to create a championship team on a consistant basis. Maybe they will keep Zito now.

No more thugville now, lookout Fremont here come the A's. Cops in Fremont are the worst though. :cuss:

DMAC
11-07-2006, 03:10 PM
They are saying it's a done deal. Commish coming to town next Tuesday to make the official / official announcement. Great franchise. It would be nice to see them have the money they need to create a championship team on a consistant basis. Maybe they will keep Zito now.

No more thugville now, lookout Fremont here come the A's. Cops in Fremont are the worst though. :cuss:Are they changing their name to Fremont though?

JBucc
11-07-2006, 03:11 PM
Are they changing their name to Fremont though?The Fremont A's of Oakland.

StcChief
11-07-2006, 03:12 PM
A's are out of Oakland?

ChiefsCountry
11-07-2006, 03:12 PM
I figured they would be moving to Portland.

BIG_DADDY
11-07-2006, 03:13 PM
Are they changing their name to Fremont though?

Most likely. 40k seats. They can support it over there too. It's actually pretty convenient for me other than the cops that is. Don't even get me started about eht POS police department they have over there. :cuss:

DMAC
11-07-2006, 03:14 PM
How far away is Fremont?

BIG_DADDY
11-07-2006, 03:15 PM
A's are out of Oakland?

They did a special on TV last night with Gary Radnich. They say it's a done deal. The owner bought that property awhile back. I've never seen Gary be wrong when it comes to reporting a done deal before.

BIG_DADDY
How far away is Fremont?

I'm gonna guess 20 miles.

DMAC
The Fremont A's of Oakland.Sounds like they are trying to class up the name.

Too bad with Oakland in the name it is about as classy as smokin crack out of a tungsten pipe.

BIG_DADDY
11-07-2006, 03:17 PM
Sounds like they are trying to class up the name.

Too bad with Oakland in the name it is about as classy as smokin crack out of a tungsten pipe.

They have a good following of a few fans there that are completely different that Raiders fans. They are just not enough to give them the revenue they need.

KurtCobain
11-07-2006, 03:18 PM
Where's fremont?

BIG_DADDY
11-07-2006, 03:22 PM
Where's fremont?
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?do=nw&go=1&r=f&aoh=&aot=&aof=&2a=&2c=Fremont&2s=CA&2z=&2n=Alameda%20County&2y=US&2l=5M9gfeQmVsXC5cGL6%2bnIag%3d%3d&2g=bQ7lpkM9atp0Y0a5hV5ZAw%3d%3d&2v=CITY&1a=&1c=Oakland&1s=CA&1z=&1y=US&1l=gA2Dx9ZtsWd%2fbdg3TGuZAw%3d%3d&1g=672eyibCPeOMVjy8ypehaw%3d%3d&1pn=&1pl=&1v=CITY&1ffi=&1ex=&1n=Alameda%20County

leviw
11-07-2006, 03:28 PM
They're not going to change the name. They'll still be the Oakland A's. It's still in Alameda Country and well within the A's territory, according to the MLB territory rules.

BIG_DADDY
11-07-2006, 03:38 PM
They're not going to change the name. They'll still be the Oakland A's. It's still in Alameda Country and well within the A's territory, according to the MLB territory rules.

they didn't give an official position on that, I have no idea. At the very end the woman interviewing Gary said that's going to be weird the Fremont A's. Where did you hear they won't change the name from?

leviw
11-07-2006, 03:43 PM
they didn't give an official position on that, I have no idea. At the very end the woman interviewing Gary said that's going to be weird the Fremont A's. Where did you hear they won't change the name from?

My brain's common sense.

It's all about territory, not location. Like the Tampa Bay Devil Rays are in St. Pete. The Giants and Jets are in East Rutherford N.J. The Angels were able to get their change because Anaheim is in the LA territory. I guess Freemont A's COULD be a possibility, but from a marketing standpoint, it would be flat-out, f-ing retarded. Plus, I seriously doubt Selig would allow it to take place if it weren't in the Oakland territory.

BIG_DADDY
11-07-2006, 04:18 PM
My brain's common sense.

It's all about territory, not location. Like the Tampa Bay Devil Rays are in St. Pete. The Giants and Jets are in East Rutherford N.J. The Angels were able to get their change because Anaheim is in the LA territory. I guess Freemont A's COULD be a possibility, but from a marketing standpoint, it would be flat-out, f-ing retarded. Plus, I seriously doubt Selig would allow it to take place if it weren't in the Oakland territory.

They tried to move it to Santa Clara first. It was the Giants that stopped it from happening not Selig.

leviw
11-07-2006, 04:21 PM
They tried to move it to Santa Clara first. It was the Giants that stopped it from happening not Selig.

The only way the Giants can stop it is through MLB and Selig. Am I wrong?

Dremel
11-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Awsome Sharks and A's in the back yard!!!!!!!!!1

BIG_DADDY
11-07-2006, 04:37 PM
The only way the Giants can stop it is through MLB and Selig. Am I wrong?

It had something to do with the contract they signed with MLB and Santa Clara was within their territory. They couldn't go without the Giants giving them their blessing. They tried to negotiate something but it didn't pan out. I don't think Selig had jack shit to do with it.

leviw
11-07-2006, 04:40 PM
It had something to do with the contract they signed with MLB and Santa Clara was within their territory. They couldn't go without the Giants giving them their blessing. They tried to negotiate something but it didn't pan out. I don't think Selig had jack shit to do with it.

Obviously it did.

Calcountry
11-07-2006, 07:30 PM

No more thugville now, lookout Fremont here come the A's. Cops in Fremont are the worst though. :cuss:THat is funny, one of my best customers is a cop from Fremont.

Calcountry
11-07-2006, 07:31 PM
Most likely. 40k seats. They can support it over there too. It's actually pretty convenient for me other than the cops that is. Don't even get me started about eht POS police department they have over there. :cuss:It is just as close for me, the weather is a bit warmer, and no 5 dolla hats.

BIG_DADDY
11-07-2006, 07:45 PM
THat is funny, one of my best customers is a cop from Fremont.

They are the worst. When I lived in Fremont for awhile the only time I was there was to go to sleep. I worked there for 2 years and had a vette. I would get pulled over weekly and written up for no front license plate. You ruin one if you put it on there. One time I was leaving the Black Angus with Ray Wilson. You may recognize the name he is the bizzillionair who founded Ray Wilson's Family Fitness Centers. We had just finished a meeting and dinner. I had not had a drop of alchohol. I get pulled over for running a red light when I only went through it after it turned green. After going rounds with the cop on it he told me he smelled alchohol on me and asked me to step out of the car. I told him I didn't drink anything and he called me a liar. I let him know who was in the car as we was doing the grand opening of a huge facility there on Paseo Padre. I thought he was going to arrest me when he called for backup. After the breathalizer he realized I had nothing to drink so that really pissed off the lying POS so he wrote me up for running a red light. :cuss: Mother ****er I wanted to kill that sonofabitch. Ray was in disbelief. Before I knew they were that bad I got them a special corporate rate so they could enjoy the gym hella cheap. There was a group of them in the mall once and I let them know they could work out in that facility which is pretty friggen nice place with no enrollment and just a very low monthly and they could use all the gyms we had. Guy turns around and says "we don't need your ****ing charity or your facility" These are the same tough guys that let the gangs do what they want and only try to get DUI's and write traffic tickets for revenue. I hated those guys with a passion.

BIG_DADDY
11-07-2006, 07:46 PM
It is just as close for me, the weather is a bit warmer, and no 5 dolla hats.

Team will have more money though

Deberg_1990
11-07-2006, 07:49 PM
So when do the Raiders get a new home???

Calcountry
11-07-2006, 07:55 PM
Team will have more money thoughThe team wasn't the ones sellin "5 dolla hats, 5 dolla."

BIG_DADDY
11-07-2006, 08:00 PM
So when do the Raiders get a new home???

The Black Hole is perfect for the Raiders. LMAO

BIG_DADDY
11-07-2006, 08:01 PM
The team wasn't the ones sellin "5 dolla hats, 5 dolla."

I'll pay $20 to have a better team and secure the fact that they are staying here.

Deberg_1990
11-07-2006, 08:04 PM
The Black Hole is perfect for the Raiders. LMAO

Agreed....but im amazed the NFL still allows them to play in that dump.

BIG_DADDY
11-07-2006, 08:16 PM
Agreed....but im amazed the NFL still allows them to play in that dump.

It is a dump and it's getting worse. I have two friends with season tickets. This is their last year. They say it's nothing but a bunch of overly drunk Mexican's now. The stadium is a joke. I know the guy that runs security there. I feel for him a bit, he's been there forever.

Mojo Rising
11-07-2006, 09:31 PM
It's too bad they will be so far from Bart. It was nice to go to the game and not have to worry about a designated driver. They should have held out for downtown San Jose.