PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs' fans pump up the volume - AKA WE OWN THE EDWARD JONES DOME

Hammock Parties
11-07-2006, 07:32 PM
http://www.belleville.com/mld/belleville/sports/15940691.htm

Rams have a tough time hearing at home

BY ROD KLOECKNER

News-Democrat
ST. LOUIS - The road has presented plenty of problems this season for the Kansas City Chiefs' offense.

Thanks to a large and vocal contingent of Chiefs fans who turned the Edward Jones Dome into Kansas City East on Sunday, the Chiefs felt right at home on the St. Louis Rams' home turf in a 31-17 victory.

The Chiefs forced three early turnovers to help create a 17-point cushion, tight end Tony Gonzalez caught two touchdown passes and running back Larry Johnson ran for a game-high 172 yards on 27 carries to give Kansas City fans plenty to cheer about.

"We had a great crew of fans here, no doubt about it," said Kansas City coach Herm Edwards. "That was kind of exciting. The players told me there would be a lot of fans here, and there were.

"It's a good venue to play in and a tough venue to play in. I've come in here with two pretty good football teams (when he was coach of the New York Jets) and didn't win. This is a good win for us."

Home-field advantage seemed to disappear for the Rams, whose fans were often drowned out by the cheering of thousands of red-clad Chiefs fans populating all points of the dome.

They got so loud, the Rams went to a silent count on offense during one juncture. The Rams were called for four false start penalties compared to one for the Chiefs.

"Man, I couldn't believe it," said former Rams offensive lineman Kyle Turley, who started at left tackle for the Chiefs. "It was just as loud when they were on offense, if not louder. They jumped offsides a lot. That was a credit to all the Kansas City Chiefs fans that made the trip."

Halfcan
11-07-2006, 07:35 PM
And to think-some people picked us to lose.

Simplex3
11-07-2006, 07:37 PM
StL is a great sports town.

VonneMarie
11-07-2006, 07:39 PM
KC 0WN3D STL.

Eleazar
11-07-2006, 07:41 PM
Silent count in your own stadium LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

Halfcan
11-07-2006, 07:43 PM
This is covered in an excellent thread called.

The Chiefs were well represented-it has pictures for you slow folks even-lol

DaFace
11-07-2006, 07:44 PM
Didn't Turley play RT this week?

KChiefs1
11-07-2006, 08:06 PM
anyone have some pics of the stands showing how many Chiefs fans were there?

the Talking Can
11-07-2006, 08:08 PM
awesome

KcMizzou
11-07-2006, 08:10 PM
That is just badass. Gotta love Chiefs fans. Good work fellas.

Deberg_1990
11-07-2006, 08:13 PM
Once again....the question comes to mind, is St Louis a TRUE football town???

noa
11-07-2006, 08:27 PM
All my friends who went said the Rams fans were pathetic. After the game, one of my buddies got to call in a St. Louis sports radio show and talk smack on the Lambs fans.

Rain Man
11-07-2006, 08:31 PM
The Chiefs should pay for a large contingent of fans to travel to road games.

Hammock Parties
11-07-2006, 08:41 PM
The Chiefs should pay for a large contingent of fans to travel to road games.

That would be a great way to spend your money if you were fabulously wealthy. You could really affect the outcome of sporting events. Even better - give money to Lamar for signing bonuses.

Easy 6
11-07-2006, 08:59 PM
"The Lou" should be ashamed, they have no one to blame but themselves. Not that long ago those guys were defending the title yet from all i've heard they are among the most apathetic football fans in the NFL.

All of the crying just reeks of pussydom, its a baseball town & always will be. If they cant get enough fans in their cozy, climate controlled dome to drown out the notoriously well traveled KC minions then they can SUCK IT. They apparently dont deserve an NFL franchise.

Just go back to your fuggin' hockey & baseball & give the lambs back to LA, you must not want them bad enough.

BigRedChief
11-07-2006, 09:12 PM
Once again....the question comes to mind, is St Louis a TRUE football town???

Hell no. Thats the Cardinals town. All the southern part of Missouri is KC Chiefs country. They have no substanial fanatical base.

Can you imagine a scenrio where our offense would haveto go to a silent count in Arrowhead? And those azzhats are 5 years removed from a Super Bowl.

KcMizzou
11-07-2006, 09:18 PM
Can you imagine a scenrio where our offense would haveto go to a silent count in Arrowhead? Would never happen... and it damn well shouldn't.

CHENZ A!
11-07-2006, 10:34 PM
This is the first I've read of Chiefs players/coaches talking about the noise. I read what the opposing players said about all of us, but does anyone have any other clips of Chiefs players talking about the fans in STL?

KChiefs1
11-07-2006, 10:51 PM
Those losers had a Super Bowl Champion & went to another Super Bowl just over 5yrs ago & their fans are can't even support them. Can you imagine Arrowhead if the Chiefs had won one & been to another one?

St Louis doesn't deserve a team.

Halfcan
11-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Those losers had a Super Bowl Champion & went to another Super Bowl just over 5yrs ago & their fans are can't even support them. Can you imagine Arrowhead if the Chiefs had won one & been to another one?

St Louis doesn't deserve a team.

The Rams will alway be a LA team, they have never seemed to fit in St. Louis.

The SL fans I tailgated with before and after the game were very cool-so lets not put every one in the same basket. I just do not think they expected us to show in such numbers and just take over the place.

Direckshun
11-07-2006, 11:20 PM
Of course, this should also be taken to mean the Chiefs still have a lot to prove on the road.

We can't travel everywhere for them. They're going to have to prove it in front of a hostile crowd.

KCinNY
11-07-2006, 11:22 PM
Baseball town.

KcMizzou
11-08-2006, 12:09 AM
Of course, this should also be taken to mean the Chiefs still have a lot to prove on the road.

We can't travel everywhere for them. They're going to have to prove it in front of a hostile crowd.Ah, of course. We finally beat a team with a winning record on the road... and we find a way to say it means nothing.

Typical.

Hammock Parties
11-08-2006, 12:09 AM
GOD it feels good that we own these losers. WE ****ING OWN THE RAMS!!! YES!!! It heats my balls.

Direckshun
11-08-2006, 12:46 AM
Ah, of course. We finally beat a team with a winning record on the road... and we find a way to say it means nothing.

Typical.
It doesn't "mean nothing."

But the entire thread here is applauding how loud Chiefs fans were at the St. Louis game.

That's fantastic, and I'm always proud of our fans, but that means that the Chiefs still have yet to visit a tough team on their own turf in front of hostile fans and walk away with a victory.

We got three chances to do that this year, Denver, Pittsburg, and San Diego.

We've done well in one of the two of those games we've played. But we have yet to get that elusive win -- San Diego will be a great opportunity.

Mama Hip Rockets
11-08-2006, 12:54 AM
anyone have some pics of the stands showing how many Chiefs fans were there?

there are a few on here:
http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=57393

TinyEvel
11-08-2006, 01:00 AM
Awesome. In 2003 at the Game in SD, about 45 percent of the fans were in Red.

Last year it was only about 15 percent.