PDA

View Full Version : Question about that "Little People, Big World" show.

Rain Man
11-07-2006, 10:33 PM
I've only seen a couple of episodes of this show, which is about a family of "little people" (dwarves, I think).

I'm quite confused. I saw the show once this year and once last year, and I sure thought it was the same set of parents. However, last year the family had two sons who were dwarves and one adopted daughter who was a dwarf.

I saw it again this year, and they've got a dwarf son, two normal-sized sons, and a normal-sized daughter.

Am I mixed up? Did they switch families? If they did, the two sets of parents sure look alike and sound alike.

MVChiefFan
11-07-2006, 10:45 PM
I've watched the show from the start. Don't ask me why, it's just one of those shows that I turn on and can't change the channel. You must be thinking about a different show because it's always been the two twin boys (one dwarf one average size) a daughter and son of average height. That little dad must be making some good money, have you seen all the stuff on their farm?

KChiefs1
11-07-2006, 10:46 PM
I'm not sure which one you are getting it confused with but the family hasn't changed at all...they live in Oregon on their 30 acre farm where they have a lot of cool stuff & raise pumpkins & they have 4 kids...twin sons(one normal-sized & one a dwarf), daughter & another son. The parents(Roloff's) are dwarves born to normal-sized parents. The twins are really the story here as one is probably 6 ft tall & the other is probably around 4 ft tall.

Recently they had a accident at the farm with the pumpkin thrower(trevache?) that injured their youngest son & a friend.

There was another dwarf show but I can't place it right now....maybe that's the one you are getting it confused with.

Rain Man
11-07-2006, 10:48 PM
Was the dad not a salesman?

It's freaking me out, because I distinctly remember seeing a show last year where they had two dwarf boys and a daughter who was adopted from Russia or Ukraine or something, and the daughter was autistic. I sure thought it was the same family, but the dad wasn't on crutches and he was a salesman.

Must've been a different show, but I can't find a single reference for it.

JBucc
11-07-2006, 10:49 PM
Maybe they didn't think it was racey enough so they had the midgets switch families with a normal person. They were going to change the name to "My new mommy's a midget" but the midget community held a mini-protest and it was shot down. The theme song was going to be that Short people, da da da da da song.

JBucc
11-07-2006, 10:52 PM
This one:

Short People

Short People got no reason
To live

They got little hands
Little eyes
They walk around
Tellin' great big lies
They got little noses
And tiny little teeth
They wear platform shoes
On their nasty little feet

Well, I don't want no Short People
Don't want no Short People
`Round here

Short People are just the same
As you and I
(A Fool Such As I)
All men are brothers
Until the day they die
(It's A Wonderful World)

Short People got nobody
Short People got nobody
Short People got nobody
To love

They got little baby legs
That stand so low
You got to pick 'em up
Just to say hello
They got little cars
That go beep, beep, beep
They got little voices
Goin' peep, peep, peep
They got grubby little fingers
And dirty little minds
They're gonna get you every time
'Round here

Rain Man
11-07-2006, 10:54 PM
Ah. Finally found it. It was apparently a one-time show. It was really starting to bother me - it was shot in much the same manner as the "Little People, Big World" show.

http://www.advancedmedical.tv/photos/mtf/IMG_1398.jpg

http://www.advancedmedical.tv/shows/mtf.htm#synapsis

Dwarf Family: Meet the Fooses
The story of hope, faith, the unexplainable and the unbelievable

The Foos family is not a family you will easily forget, and it has nothing to do with their unusual last name. Joe, age 38 and Ginny, age 39 have been married for 15 years and are the proud parents of three outstanding children. They are, in almost every way, the typical American family; the majority of their time is spent juggling work, school, little league, household chores and homework assignments. But the one small detail that makes the Fooses stand out in the crowd is that the Foos are a family of dwarfs, or Little People, as they prefer to be called. And although their short stature is probably the first thing you’d notice about them, it’s certainly not the most important thing to remember about them.

As this remarkable family of Little People allows us into their intriguing world, we will see that there is much more to know about them than their creative techniques for functioning in an average sized world, and that while they are, indeed, smaller than most of us, there is nothing small about their ambition, creativity, and ability. If you disregard their physical size, you will instantly see that they are just like everyone else.

Just as many couples are challenged by health concerns when starting a family, Joe and Ginny knew they were up against some significant odds. Since they are both dwarfs, the chances that they would have a dwarf child were 50%, and that was ok. But the chances that they would pass on a “double dose” of the dwarf gene were 25% and that was not ok, because a “double dose” almost always proves to be fatal for the infant. For several terrifying days in the hospital, Ginny and Joe feared this was the case for their first son, Alex. Now, at age 13, Alex has made it through several surgeries to repair his respiratory system and is very much a typical 13 yr old boy. Their daughter Dasha, who they adopted from Russia, gave Joe and Ginny some additional concerns. Learning disabled and mildly autistic, Dasha, age 14, made this already complicated family considerably more complicated. Completing the Foos family unit is Ben, age 7, who, to the great relief of his parents, was born without health concerns.

As we follow the Foos family, we’ll see that their routines and to-do lists are very much like every other upper middle class, over-scheduled family’s, except that Ginny’s exceptional organization skills keep this group in astonishing order. A part-time school teacher, Ginny’s day begins early as she helps get Joe, a computer sales rep, and the three kids fed and out the door. Both Alex and Dasha attend the same Middle School where Ginny often teaches, but Dasha sees a special education teacher who has a detailed plan for developing her language and social skills. The children have average sized friends, participate in average sized activities, and are quite comfortable finding their place in an average sized world.

Extremely active in the San Francisco Little People community, both Joe and Ginny do all they can to educate anyone and everyone on what it means to be a Little Person. At heights of 4’2” and 3’9”, Joe and Ginny have devoted their lives to destroying the myths and misconceptions about their small stature, and often must deal with some rather “small-minded” people. While Ginny says that “it would be nice not to have to educate people every single day” on why she’s short, how she reaches things, where she buys her clothes, she realizes the importance of answering these questions. What they want everyone to know most of all, is that they are just like everyone else.
The Foos Family, will not only be a Day in the Life of this family of Little People, it will introduce viewers to a family that faces challenges head-on, challenges that any average-sized family would find difficult to manage. We’ll witness their daily struggle to fit into a world that isn’t built to fit them, and their amazing resolve to make their lives as normal as possible. Whatever preconceived notions that exist about dwarfs will be quickly forgotten upon meeting the Foos. Because in the case of the Foos, it’s not their first impression they’re concerned with, it’s their lasting impression.

hypersensitiveZO6
11-07-2006, 10:59 PM
This one:

Short People

To live

They got little hands
Little eyes
They walk around
Tellin' great big lies
They got little noses
And tiny little teeth
They wear platform shoes
On their nasty little feet

`Round here

Short People are just the same
As you and I
(A Fool Such As I)
All men are brothers
Until the day they die
(It's A Wonderful World)

Short People got nobody
Short People got nobody
Short People got nobody
To love

They got little baby legs
That stand so low
You got to pick 'em up
Just to say hello
They got little cars
That go beep, beep, beep
They got little voices
Goin' peep, peep, peep
They got grubby little fingers
And dirty little minds
They're gonna get you every time
'Round here
Have a little love on a little honeymoon
You got a little dish and you got a little spoon
A little bitty house and a little bitty yard
Little bitty dog and a little bitty car

Well, its alright to be little bitty
Little hometown or a big old city
Might as well share, might as well smile
Life goes on for a little bitty while

A little bitty baby in a little bitty gown
Itll grow up in a little bitty town
Big yellow bus and little bitty books
It all started with a little bitty look

You know you got a job and a little bitty check
Six pack of beer and television set
Little bitty world goes around and around
Little bit of silence and a little bit of sound

A good ole boy and a pretty little girl
Start all over in a little bitty world
A little bitty plan and a little bitty dream
Its all part of a little bitty scheme

Pitt Gorilla
11-07-2006, 11:02 PM
I think my wife and/or I have seen all the episodes; the family has remained the same.

thedude
11-07-2006, 11:07 PM
Ah. Finally found it. It was apparently a one-time show. It was really starting to bother me - it was shot in much the same manner as the "Little People, Big World" show.

Believe it or not, they live in the same town I do. I often run by the house they live in.

Actually, the mom is a substitute teacher, and she subbed for me a couple times. I recall her being quite militant sometimes about the whole height deal. Thats why the lady in the pic looked familiar. And I used to see the kids at the local elementary school when I picked my sister up. They look a ton older now though.

Wierd.

MVChiefFan
11-07-2006, 11:08 PM
could there be anything funnier than a bunch of little people with the name "foos"? I can't help but picture them on sticks.

JBucc
11-07-2006, 11:11 PM
could there be anything funnier than a bunch of little people with the name "foos"? I can't help but picture them on sticks.I bet they make badass little hotrods.

Rain Man
11-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Believe it or not, they live in the same town I do. I often run by the house they live in.

Actually, the mom is a substitute teacher, and she subbed for me a couple times. I recall her being quite militant sometimes about the whole height deal. Thats why the lady in the pic looked familiar. And I used to see the kids at the local elementary school when I picked my sister up. They look a ton older now though.

Wierd.

You know the Fooses?

thedude
11-07-2006, 11:46 PM
You know the Fooses?

yessir. My sister had the mom as a sub for a whole semester two years ago I think.

Thig Lyfe
11-08-2006, 12:28 AM
I love how all these little people in these shows have names that make them sound like they're from a Dr. Seuss story. Horton heard a Foose! Mr. Roloff's Amazing Tiny Circus of Splendiferousness!

luv
11-08-2006, 01:02 AM
Little People, Big World on TLC is about dwarf parents and their four kids. Only one of their kids is a dwarf. The dwarf son has a twin brother who is normal size, and the youngest two (girl and another boy) are normal size. It's a pretty good show. I think they're on their second season. I can't see a show like that staying popular for more than a few seasons, though. JMO.