PDA

View Full Version : Football Discussion Kris Wilson

Demonpenz
11-09-2006, 12:27 AM
It seems like Kris Wilson always played well in camp and in the preseason but never got a real shot to be in our O. With Ronnie Cruz going down now we can see what a real weapon he is. What the hell took the coaching staff so long to put him in? Was it because cruz was a great blocker? Wilson has shown he can atleast get his man turned and sealed. Frankly I would take a average blocker for a guy who can be a mismatch for any linebacker. This isn't the first time this has happened where the fans wanted to see a talented guy on the bench show his stuff and it took an injury to show everyone what he has. Hell it might happen if jake plummer goes down. I have to wonder what the coaches were thinking in leaving cruz in at fb and giving wilson so many carries especially since wilson was such a high pick. I just want some peoples opinions. IMO I think cruz worked his ass off in camp and was blocking well so the coaches gave the job to him and saw kris wilson as a 2nd TE and never thought about playing him at the FB spot. I have seen alot of talk of him being a chris cooley type of player which I hope he is as productive as cooley, but I also saw the redskins bounced from the playoffs last year. No matter what it has been a great ride so far. GO KANSAS CITY.

bobbything
11-09-2006, 12:33 AM
According to Adam Teich23;4590qt84&&3ew4er the Chiefs offense is "conservative." But, the only accurate thing he's stated this year is that Kris Wilson poses match-up problems. Too true in the last few weeks.

Hopefully there's more to come from Sasquatch this year.

Direckshun
11-09-2006, 01:20 AM
FULLBACK CONTROVERSY

ChiefFan31
11-09-2006, 01:56 AM
I'm still kind of surprised at how good of an athlete he is. Have to say it, with Cruz out, we have a much more talented player on the field now. If he can just keep improving his blocking. From what I understand anyways is that LJ doesnt really like a lead block, he would rather do a single back 2TE set. Which, I think has opened up all our options with motioning out Bigfoot and creating that mismatch with him on an LB.

Demonpenz
11-09-2006, 02:04 AM
I am just like Why the hell could you not get this guy on the field faster. I guess people love cruz blocking, but still wilson is a freak. Get him matched on on a sam linebacker and do a seven route it's td baby!

DaWolf
11-09-2006, 03:18 AM
It's just like Dante Hall, people were calling him a loser and wanted him cut, then DV gave him a chance and he performed. Same thing here. Wilson just needed a chance and being a third TE is not where you're gonna get a shot. But with Solari envisioning him as the perfect hybrid fullback type, he can get on the field and strut his stuff. Plus, recovering from a broken leg is not as easy as it seems and set him back a lot...

KCChiefsMan
11-09-2006, 03:22 AM
hasn't this conversation been presented.....oh.....a millions times?

DenverChief
11-09-2006, 05:40 AM

Should Huard continue to start or should we put Green back in?

StcChief
11-09-2006, 06:26 AM
Herm has offense trying stay same, but change as well.
I like it. with Cruz, Wilson situational matchups is just good football. Exploit every chance.

Easy 6
11-09-2006, 06:48 AM
In my world Tom Cruz is now the 2nd string FB. Wilson is far more dangerous back there. And at 6'1 he's better served at the FB spot. He has always had the ability but now his head is in the game.

I'm just soooooo glad that Steve Austin didnt kill Bigfoot.

Delano
11-09-2006, 07:19 AM

Of course, but the case has not been presented in Demonpenz's special way.

Also, whoever stated that LJ doesn't like a lead block - where is the source of that statement? I missed it and would like to read the article.

PastorMikH
11-09-2006, 07:40 AM
Personally, I think LJ should be benched in favor of Wilson. Everytime Wilson is on the field he's done a great job. LJ has killed us in some games with his redzone fumbles. He also takes a lot longer to get rolling than Wilson does. Wilson is much more consistent in blocking and passing. And when Wilson is in, the team just seems to be more efficient and move down the field more. And watch him, Wilson shows a lot more enthusiasm and excitement than LJ does. Besides, anyone remember how explosive Kimble Anders was for those 2 games he moved from FB to RB? 'Course there's the playoff game where Marty chose to run Greg Hill instead of Marcus...

Oh, wait, do those arguements only work when we are talking about a lifetime backup QB taking the job of a probowl starter?

:)

PastorMikH
11-09-2006, 07:42 AM
Wrong button

tiptap
11-09-2006, 07:49 AM
Wilson is not a lead blocker into the hole. That is what you want from a fullback. Along with someone who is a threat to run the ball. Neither of these things are apart of Wilson's skills. His blocking has been away from the hole or as a reciever out of the backfield. That's good but if he could actually lead block into the hole and run the ball then we could consider him a full back and not a H-back.

Bob Dole
11-09-2006, 09:05 AM

You're not new enough to be asking that question.

Rooster
11-09-2006, 09:16 AM
Kris Wilson??? I have heard of this weapon you speak off but I thought he was only a myth. A story that dad's tell their sons. A ghost story that you tell defenses.

Demonpenz
11-09-2006, 09:19 AM
I've been to stull kansas.....believe me...kris wilson exists

kcxiv
11-09-2006, 09:33 AM
Wilson is not a lead blocker into the hole. That is what you want from a fullback. Along with someone who is a threat to run the ball. Neither of these things are apart of Wilson's skills. His blocking has been away from the hole or as a reciever out of the backfield. That's good but if he could actually lead block into the hole and run the ball then we could consider him a full back and not a H-back.
I have seen him make a few nice lead blocks to help LJ. He will get better with time. Personally, i hope they keep him there for years to come.

kcxiv
11-09-2006, 09:35 AM
Kris Wilson??? I have heard of this weapon you speak off but I thought he was only a myth. A story that dad's tell their sons. A ghost story that you tell defenses.
He's no longer a myth them stories dont stick anymore.

Chief Faithful
11-09-2006, 10:27 AM
As a receiver - Wilson
As a runner - Cruz
As a blocker - even

Cruz is a true FB with good running skills, which is why I expect him to return as the starter, but I prefer Wilson. I just feel Wilson provides an explosive dynamic that is much harder for a defense to stop.

Color Red
11-09-2006, 11:04 AM
I remember the versatilility of Wilson that was talked about when we drafted him. Unfortunately it seems it's all a coaching staff can do to try to get their meat and potatoes offense in place for the regular season, and all they've really seen of that fullback position is a sure blocker in the backfield to protect the quarterback --especially as the offensive line has been retiring or injured. And especially in view of letting Richardson go this season, they sure haven't wanted that role of blocking to foul up. Plus of course, using Johnson or Holmes has been the primary interest. But hey, if Wilson can throw a block when needed and create another issue out of the backfield, look out.