PDA

View Full Version : Best Team to Not Make the Playoffs. . .

mac58
11-09-2006, 09:44 AM
Espn picked us. . .

DMAC
11-09-2006, 09:45 AM
Good.

diamondcutter27
11-09-2006, 09:47 AM
If we go 10-6 again and miss I'll be mad

Fish
11-09-2006, 09:48 AM
ESPN can suckaaaaaaaaadick....

morphius
11-09-2006, 09:48 AM
Well, we do need to win some of these damn AFC games to really be considered. 1-3 in the AFC is not going to leave a good impression on anyone looking at the standings.

boogblaster
11-09-2006, 09:52 AM
We need to go 6-2 this half period ....

Reerun_KC
11-09-2006, 09:55 AM
Well, we do need to win some of these damn AFC games to really be considered. 1-3 in the AFC is not going to leave a good impression on anyone looking at the standings.

You really dont deserve to make the playoffs at 10-6 in the AFC especially with a 1-3 conference record as of now.

If you want to go 10-6 each year, Move to the NFC. Or cry like Peterson and the Hunts do each year about expanding the playoff teams.

I preferably would rather Peterson and Hunt put a championship team on the field, then a sub par team that squeaks in, this way they cant brag about getting to the playoffs and extorting more money out of the fans for typical Peterson/Hunt mediocrity.

DaWolf
11-09-2006, 09:55 AM
We need to win all the rest of our division games...

DMAC
11-09-2006, 10:00 AM
I preferably would rather Peterson and Hunt put a championship team on the field, then a sub par team that squeaks in, this way they cant brag about getting to the playoffs and extorting more money out of the fans for typical Peterson/Hunt mediocrity.I think they do have a championship team on the field.

Do you really think they are just sitting back extorting money by putting subpar teams on.

Come now, that's stupid.

NJ Chief Fan
11-09-2006, 10:02 AM
we need to go 1-0

Reerun_KC
11-09-2006, 10:06 AM
I think they do have a championship team on the field.

Do you really think they are just sitting back extorting money by putting subpar teams on.

Come now, that's stupid.

Wether you think it is stupid or not.. I honestly believe it is the truth. Selling out Arrowhead for how many years now? We as fans love this team regardless of what they put on the field. Marty years - Great teams shitty coaching. Gunter years? DV's - Great offense, No Defense. Arrowhead still sold out.

"I think they do have a championship team on the field." You might be right, They are reminding me of the Patroits during there first superbowl run. If I remember correctly they started 0-2 as well.

And I hate to say this, I am not a Herm fan period, but he has put the most balanced team on the field that I have ever witnessed from KC. I started watching hard core in 1989.

Chief Chief
11-09-2006, 10:06 AM
...every week for the rest of the 2006 regular and play-off seasons.

morphius
11-09-2006, 10:09 AM
We need to win all the rest of our division games...

Conf W-L
IND - 6-0
NE - 5-2
JAX - 3-2
CIN - 3-2
BAL - 4-1
DEN - 6-1
SD - 4-2
KC - 1-3

Pretty much, just looking right now which one doesn't belong? We are going to have to beat SD or Denver outright almost at this point. Of course the fact that we play a few of these teams can help us gain some of that back pretty quickly.

Rain Man
11-09-2006, 10:10 AM
I preferably would rather Peterson and Hunt put a championship team on the field, then a sub par team that squeaks in, this way they cant brag about getting to the playoffs and extorting more money out of the fans for typical Peterson/Hunt mediocrity.

I guess we're all entitled to our opinions.

HemiEd
11-09-2006, 10:13 AM
Espn picked us. . .

One of the talking heads did, the smart guy picked Jacksonville.

Gonzo
11-09-2006, 10:17 AM
ESPN Is hoping that will be the outcome. That way they won't have to report on the Chiefs and can spend more time talking about Tony Fuc***g Romo and T.O. Or they can spend more time sucking on Manning and the fifth best back in the league, Barber.

I am so sick of the same shit on sportscenter and NFL live day in and day out. It's like there are no other teams worth reporting on. I guess every now and again they will get LJ and Gonzales in the mix but it sure seems few and far between. These "experts" can suck on my booya.
Assjackets.

cdcox
11-09-2006, 12:35 PM
Conf W-L
IND - 6-0
NE - 5-2
JAX - 3-2
CIN - 3-2
BAL - 4-1
DEN - 6-1
SD - 4-2
KC - 1-3

Pretty much, just looking right now which one doesn't belong? We are going to have to beat SD or Denver outright almost at this point. Of course the fact that we play a few of these teams can help us gain some of that back pretty quickly.

Interestingly, the conference records are only likely to come into play against San Diego, who is only a game up on us. Our bad conference record almost doesn't hurt us at all.

morphius
11-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Interestingly, the conference records are only likely to come into play against San Diego, who is only a game up on us. Our bad conference record almost doesn't hurt us at all.
Well, it obviously doesn't kill us because our last 8 games are all AFC opponents, but we do need to move up that list a bit. At least it appears that this year we get to play our competition for the playoff spot, so head to head should come into play in most scenarios.

cdcox
11-09-2006, 12:43 PM
Well, it obviously doesn't kill us because our last 8 games are all AFC opponents, but we do need to move up that list a bit. At least it appears that this year we get to play our competition for the playoff spot, so head to head should come into play in most scenarios.

Yep, exept against Denver and SD. Those are most likely to be settled at the common opponent level, which is one level up from the conference record for division foes. Denver's loss to Indy didn't really hurt them very much in the division race, since it was against an un-common opponent.

ct
11-09-2006, 12:45 PM
Our losses to Cincinnati and Pittsburgh just might kill us in tie-breakers.

ChiefsCountry
11-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Conf W-L
IND - 6-0
NE - 5-2
JAX - 3-2
CIN - 3-2
BAL - 4-1
DEN - 6-1
SD - 4-2
KC - 1-3

Indy - HOU, JAX, NYJ, TEN, DEN, NE
NE - BUF, NYJ, DEN, CIN, MIA, BUF, IND
JAX - PIT, IND, NYJ, HOU, TEN
CIN - KC, CLE, PIT, NE, BAL
BAL - OAK, CLE, SD, DEN, CIN
DEN - KC, NE, BAL, OAK, CLE, IND, PIT
SD - OAK, TEN, BAL, PIT, KC, CLE
KC - CIN, DEN, PITT, SD

cdcox
11-09-2006, 12:52 PM
Our losses to Cincinnati and Pittsburgh just might kill us in tie-breakers.

The have definitely put us behind Denver and SD.

StcChief
11-09-2006, 03:49 PM
Conf W are huge down the playoff road.
4-0 vs NFCW I would trade any one for Cincy W right now.

Chief Nute
11-09-2006, 03:56 PM
I think we can have 9 wins going into the final game, and if we beat JAX at home, we are in. 10 wins going in and a loss to JAX gets us thrown out again.......

cdcox
11-09-2006, 04:05 PM
Conf W are huge down the playoff road.
4-0 vs NFCW I would trade any one for Cincy W right now.

People over-emphasize the difference between conference games and non-conference games. I did a rigorous simulation looking at the difference http://files.nfl-forecast.com/2006/10/04/32/ Here is the key point:

"Below, I’ve reported how much winning each type of game helps in terms of (winning the division) and [making the playoffs], normalized to a baseline of winning a non-conference game:

Division game: (1.23) [1.07]

Conference Common-Opponent game (1.00) [1.03]

Additional Conference game (0.98) [1.03]

Non-Conference game (1.00) [1.00]"

This year our Conference Common-Opponent games are against the AFCN. Our "additional conference games" are against Miami and Jacksonville.

So on average, the Cincinatti game was no more important than an AFC West game for winning the division, and only slightly more important (3%) for qualifying for the playoffs overall.

jaxchiefsclub
11-09-2006, 07:59 PM
we need to go 1-0

Ditto that.

Mecca
11-09-2006, 08:28 PM
They're not picking us because they refuse to pick the 2 wildcards to come from the same division and they don't think we'll catch Denver and SD simple as that......

My opinion is this year I think both wildcards very well could come from this division.

chiefsfan987
11-09-2006, 08:29 PM
Conf W-L
IND - 6-0
NE - 5-2
JAX - 3-2
CIN - 3-2
BAL - 4-1
DEN - 6-1
SD - 4-2
KC - 1-3

While AFC wins are important, those standings don't mean anything to me. Take last year when the Chiefs only lost 3 AFC games going 9-3, but pittsburg barely finished above .500 at 7-5 and got in the playoffs ahead of us. They did so by going 4-0 vs. the NFC while we only went 1-3. It was our NFC record that doomed us last season, NOT our AFC record. If we'd have just went .500 vs. the NFC we would have made it.

Easy 6
11-09-2006, 08:36 PM
ESPN Is hoping that will be the outcome. That way they won't have to report on the Chiefs and can spend more time talking about Tony Fuc***g Romo and T.O. Or they can spend more time sucking on Manning and the fifth best back in the league, Barber.

I am so sick of the same shit on sportscenter and NFL live day in and day out. It's like there are no other teams worth reporting on. I guess every now and again they will get LJ and Gonzales in the mix but it sure seems few and far between. These "experts" can suck on my booya.
Assjackets.

A post from the heart, i have TOTALLY quit on those and the same 3-5 topics. Its been this way for years. :banghead:

HemiEd
11-09-2006, 08:47 PM
My opinion is this year I think both wildcards very well could come from this division.

They sure could, we need to win the division though.

sportsman1
11-09-2006, 10:02 PM
This isn't the first time they have called us that either, really making the playoffs doesnt say too much but being the best to not make the playoffs? Win a Superbowl that'll shut um up.

milkman
11-09-2006, 10:03 PM
They're not picking us because they refuse to pick the 2 wildcards to come from the same division and they don't think we'll catch Denver and SD simple as that......

So you think the Donkeys, Chargers and Raiders are going to make it , huh?

I'm joking